Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? (23636 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Originality007: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Bruce came on his own and started offering us solutions to national problem (who ask am?? ) ... Try to debate him on those solutions u get blocked

Ask anyone from BRASS his presence is not felt... If not for Jonathan and PDP Rigging..... SYLVA is for more popular than him in brass

The guy felt Nigerians are dummies that u just say anything to and they believe... . His theories are I'll thought out and non workable

Back to the question. .... What bills has he been able to sponsor for this Nigerians he so love

And if he feels only his constituency should ask him question then let him address his next tweet and videos to them
and what made the Sylva to lose the governorship election even wen Gej is no more the president..

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by crystalfarmer: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Let him also be more patriotic by doing it Nija way since he made us believe in Nigeria.

Next Miss Nigeria should be costumed Nigeria. Real 9ja tinz

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Utchman1: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Let him sponsor a bill to stop his ND brothers from vandalising FGs oil installations.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Excellent Naptu. This is what I am interested in, not youtube videos.

People always say that this senator or that senator doesn't speak in the Senate (popular victims are Ben Murray Bruce and Remi Tinubu), but I know that the truth is that these people do not follow events at the National Assembly.

The NTA has a show called "From The National Assembly". It's usually shown everyday from 11am (live) and 2am (repeat). They usually alternate between the Senate and the House Of Representatives. Anybody that watches that show will know that the claim that these senators do not speak in the Senate is false.

The Senate also has a Twitter handle @NGRSenate which live tweets the proceedings in the Senate.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by 3kay945(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
Maybe he is scared of punch from his northern brothers cool

Cos talking too much on the floor of the house can lead to throwing of punches.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by dammytosh: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Why don't you focus on your own senator and leave ben bruce to his own constituents

But twitter is his 'constituent' na
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by blackpanda: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
emmykk:

most ot what he benefit from senate is for charity.

the last time i check fashola did bought such car while he was governor

Hahahaha...no be only charity. Blessing and mercy nko?? Better wake up! Lol

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Kennydoc(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

Do you watch senate sittings on TV?
Can you name any senator that has sponsored any bill in this 8th Assembly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by back2sender: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

So he has made no contributions?

Mr Common sense has made himself a public figure with his social presence and public scrutiny comes with the territory.

If you are presenting yourself as having the solutions to national problems, I am interested in your record. What can you say of Ben Bruce's record?

Nothing, naa twitter lion im be.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by TeamSimple(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
All this hypocrites telling the op to mind his zone will be the first to shout aregbe dis aregbe that when a thread is about osun state, Asif their governor is any better.

Meanwhile, Mr Bruce Lee should direct his common sense revolution to the people of his constituent and bayelsa at large and stop ranting on Twitter or his privately owned stv.
Still waiting for his tweet concerning the 5 months salary non payment by his state government.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by BossDanniee(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Splinz(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
Ain't you forgetting something? Of course he's been vigorously sponsoring a bill that will enact COMMON SENSE into your head. Busybody!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by dotun365: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is he representing you? Don't make your senator lazy by focusing on Bruce!
he is a senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria not just bayelsans.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by wirinet(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
dearpreye:
Focus on the Senator representing YOU. He must not take emoluments for nothing.

Then My "common sense" should carry him common sense revolution to his constituency and stop disturbing Nigerians. He should make comment only about issues affecting Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by prinsam30: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
daniska3yaro:
help me ask the op,how many youths him papa don employ for his life?(Nobeef#).

u must be banned for this comment, breaking the rules of nairaland

Lalasticala oya over to u, do the needful
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by prinsam30: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
overhypedsteve:
you quoted two people that gave you a reasonable advise and then you repeated the self same thing the adviced you against, some people can be so foolish sha

u must be banned for this comment, breaking the rules of nairaland

Lalasticala oya over to u, do the needful
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by charles316: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
vedaxcool:
[/s]

[s]

Ben Moronu Bruce has 2 options, to restrict his commonsense to matters affecting his constituency or address matters all of Nigeria is facing.

As long as he continues to act like the Senator of all Nigeria, then we will continue to challenge him and ask what really has his contributed to the senate, obviously from your posturing he has contributed nothing but noise making and politicking hoping to be beerfraud first president! !

I stopped reading when I saw this . Tribalism has also been yiur problem.

Remove the amala in your senator's eyes before you do that to Ben Bruce's eyes.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by mykelly(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
People of the same mentality think alike you know
cktheluckyman:
Why don't you focus on your own senator and leave ben bruce to his own constituents
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by prinsam30: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
TeamSimple:
All this hypocrites telling the op to mind his zone will be the first to shout aregbe dis aregbe that when a thread is about osun state, Asif their governor is any better.

Meanwhile, Mr Bruce Lee should direct his common sense revolution to the people of his constituent and bayelsa at large and stop ranting on Twitter or his privately owned stv.
Still waiting for his tweet concerning the 5 months salary non payment by his state government.

that's the problem of Nigerians, they always do the wrong thing at the right time.

what's the blame of the OP here now that the wailers keep wailing unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by swimmer: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

No blame has been apportioned.

I am talking about legislative duties. What are his contributions?

Senators are not paid heavily to make YouTube videos.

Senators are there to make arguments and debate on bills.m I ve seen him do a lot of same. I ve never seen the ones representing lagos do as much as he has tho. One of them being Remi Tinubu

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by seguno2: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
blackpanda:
Really?? I dont remember him saying anything about the N37million luxury cars

FYI.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3625952_bmb_jpeg4462b1275f8f98b6106f3d4dc8200642
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by farem: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's insulting to say Bruce hasn't contributed anything. I know of.. ..

Twitterism!
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by seunajia: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
What kind of nauseating idiocy is going on on this thread? That Ben Bruce is a senator representing Bayelsa does not mean he'll propose and support laws for Bayelsa alone. There's a reason it is called "National Assembly" you moronic eejits. And there's a reason why each state has its own assembly too.

Are his legislative duties carried out on "Bayelsa state constitution" or the Nigerian constitution?

Yer blaady wankers! angry

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by gbrown(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

i pity his bayelsa people who voted for him, all he does is to tweet 24/7 give this man another 4yrs he will keep up with his trademark tweets, i see him embracing YouTube,2go and skype very soon, the sad thing is that his gullible people will still vote him in to continue with his tweets

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by swimmer: 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
wirinet:

Then My "common sense" should carry him common sense revolution to his constituency and stop disturbing Nigerians. He should make comment only about issues affecting Bayelsa.

Did we complain that he is disturbing us?

Or are u APC e-warriors feeling threatened by him already?

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by swimmer: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
gbrown:
i pity his bayelsa people who voted for him, all he does is to tweet 24/7 give this man another 4yrs he will keep up with his trademark tweets, i see him embracing YouTube,2go and skype very soon, the sad thing is that his gullible people will still vote him in to continue with his tweets

It shows he is not averse to modern technology!

That's d kind of person we need ass ppresident!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
With all manner of regards for all the comments so far... I am of the opinion that Bruce is a good Senator judging from the boldness and unbiased attitude he possess... My own Senators haven't for a day made any comment on the very falling state of this Nation... Up Him..
His people should learn to be proud of Him...

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by timoney45(m): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
My people as I type these words the 3 LGA's (Ogbia, Brass, and Nembe lga's) in Ben Murray Bruce's senatorial district are owing their workers salaries not less than 6 months with ogbia LGA recording the highest (over 12 months) number of months owed workers in bayelsa.

Bayelsa state govt is owing civil servants salaries for 3 months now.
Even when they tried to pay last month's not up to 20% of the work force were paid.

This is a govt that spent about 200 million naira to bury DSP Alamieyiseiya in the heat of the hunger and untold hardship Bayelsns are facing.

When salaries were been owed in Osun state Ben Murray Bruce was quick to criticize the Governor and also donated his wardrobe allowance the alleviate the plight of the common Osun state worker. That feat was commended from all corners including me.

My questions remains now that his senatorial district and the entire Bayelsa state is facing the same problems Osun state faced;

Why has BMB not said anything to criticize the bad govt of Bayelsa state?

Why has he not donated to Bayelsa workers or to trim it down to his senatorial district or even brass LGA where he comes from?

I smell hypocrisy here.

Once a rational person joins a political party in Nigeria, he becomes irrational. That is why I don't believe in political party in Nigeria.

Before you start quoting and critical to my position have it at the back of your mind that my mother is from Nembe and my father from yenagoa lga's respectively. I am also a civil servant in Bayelsa.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ClintonDal(m): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
On the national stage, Mr Ben Bruce potrays himself as a beacon of morality but has not shown that in the Senate where he is supposed to work.
What has your president whom you elected done about the killings perpetrated by his brothers?

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ClintonDal(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
timoney45:
My people as I type these words the 3 LGA's (Ogbia, Brass, and Nembe lga's) in Ben Murray Bruce's senatorial district are owing their workers salaries not less than 6 months with ogbia LGA recording the highest (over 12 months) number of months owed workers in bayelsa.

Bayelsa state govt is owing civil servants salaries for 3 months now.
Even when they tried to pay last month's not up to 20% of the work force were paid.

This is a govt that spent about 200 million naira to bury DSP Alamieyiseiya in the heat of the hunger and untold hardship Bayelsns are facing.

When salaries were been owed in Osun state Ben Murray Bruce was quick to criticize the Governor and also donated his wardrobe allowance the alleviate the plight of the common Osun state worker. That feat was commended from all corners including me.

My questions remains now that his senatorial district and the entire Bayelsa state is facing the same problems Osun state faced;

Why has BMB not said anything to criticize the bad govt of Bayelsa state?

Why has he not donated to Bayelsa workers or to trim it down to his senatorial district or even brass LGA where he comes from?

I smell hypocrisy here.

Once a rational person joins a political party in Nigeria, he becomes irrational. That is why I don't believe in political party in Nigeria.

Before you start quoting and critical to my position have it at the back of your mind that my mother is from Nembe and my father from yenagoa lga's respectively. I am also a civil servant in Bayelsa.

God bless Nigeria
Oga thou shall not lie. All this you've said are nonsense. Which LG owes it's staff for 12months? Abeg carry tori comot.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
dearpreye:
Focus on the Senator representing YOU. He must not take emoluments for nothing.
Nonsense. This is the same "our son" attitude you put up on Jonathan each time there was any complaint, that led to his loss in focus.

When Bruce said he would give his allowances to Osun State workers because the state couldn't pay its workers, did you say he wasn't from the state? Didn't you praise him to spite Aregbeshola? Today the Bayelsa State, where he is from, hasn't paid its workers for over four months yet Bruce is silent. Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by timoney45(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
ClintonDal:
Oga thou shall not lie. All this you've said are nonsense. Which LG owes it's staff for 12months? Abeg carry tori comot.
Don't argue what you don't know if you know anyone that reside in Bayelsa, call them and ask them to enquire about Ogbia LGA specially.
permit me to inform that all lga's in Bayelsa state owes their workers with the lowest not bellow 6 months.

Hurry up, go find out before spewing any further shameful comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi, Bisi Egbeyemi Get Certificates Of Return From INEC / Pro-Giadom Forces Take Emergency NEC Meeting To Villa / Akwa Ibom Groups Support Tinubu’s 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.