Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? (23637 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by tbaba1234: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
excel101:
This is the problem with many many, a senator is like every other Nigerians, so he has a right to hear his views about political issues on social media. To me i see his outspokeness in social as an opportunity to engage him on some national issue on social media, and also let him know the plight and pains of the people. So he can convey such messages to his colleagues in senate. Which other senator is more social media friendly compared to him. We should be thinking along this direction rather than criticizing him.

I think that is fine but I am also interested in his records.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by tpiah11: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
^a thread was opened with his response to your question.

Have you checked it yet?

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by olisaEze(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
hahn:

On point. Nigerians have this silly habit of placing the blame on the wrong person. The real question should be, what has your LG chairman ever done for your constituency?

Wish I could like ur comment a thousand times
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by MarkSole: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
He’s advocating, “Buy Made-In-Nigeria” now. Sometime ago, while he was the DG of the Nigerian Television Authority, the official Toyota Landcruiser he was driving, somersaulted, while he was returning from visiting Gen. Obasanjo, in Otta. Luckily he escaped with his life and limbs. He did not know then, that there where Made-In-Nigeria, vehicles.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naija247: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
At least he try dey tweet meaningful things, I sure say my yeye senator (Taraba North) no even sabi wetin dem dey do for senate talkless of to tweet.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
You can see some of the bills that have been proposed by senators on this website.

http://www.placng.org/new/senate-bills-charts.php

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Henryjr(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
ChazzyGee:
With all manner of regards for all the comments so far... I am of the opinion that Bruce is a good Senator judging from the boldness and unbiased attitude he possess... My own Senators haven't for a day made any comment on the very falling state of this Nation... Up Him..
His people should learn to be proud of Him...
you shall live prosper and live long! Ben Bruce constructive criticisms and ideas makes me believe that we still have few great men in the country.
I am from bayelsa west, n to be candid, I haven't heard anything abt Sen. Foster Ogola who is representing himself there instead of me n my fellows.

fellow Nigerians, please learn to criticize without sentiments and in a truthful manner like the op I quoted here.

hate they said is as blind as love

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ApexTitan(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
It is curious why the OP, tbaba1234, is particularly concerned about Ben Bruce's contribution in the senate. Do the other senators who are relatively quiet and don't engage the public like BB does on social media get a pass in this performance probe or is it just those who do not belong to the ruling party?

Naptu's posts answers the OP's questions [s]and checkmates the latent intent behind this thread[/s].
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ABAMOWA: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Bruce came on his own and started offering us solutions to national problem (who ask am?? ) ... Try to debate him on those solutions u get blocked

Ask anyone from BRASS his presence is not felt... If not for Jonathan and PDP Rigging..... SYLVA is for more popular than him in brass

The guy felt Nigerians are dummies that u just say anything to and they believe... . His theories are I'll thought out and non workable

Back to the question. .... What bills has he been able to sponsor for this Nigerians he so love

And if he feels only his constituency should ask him question then let him address his next tweet and videos to them

Brilliant you
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by searay(m): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
amtaken:
They are as dull as Buhari.

lols

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by gentle007(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

Mr common sense is just one person out of over hundred senators, if you ask me, I will say he is doing well. besides he cannot make up a majority if a vote is cast in the house. He is a one man voice, so you can imagine his situation. Watch house session once or twice and see that his submissions are always different from others and he has refused to follow the majority.
His only visible option is the social media and he is making maximum use of it.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by gentle007(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
On the national stage, Mr Ben Bruce potrays himself as a beacon of morality but has not shown that in the Senate where he is supposed to work.
Bros u de only read newspaper and maybe watch channels news. Watch senate sessions first
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by guiddoti: 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
He has been advised to propose a bill rather than media common sense campaign
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by rolams(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

I can give u at least 2 contributions of Ben Bruce in d house.
1. He opposed reduction of workers salary
2. He forwarded a bill on how to tackle power problem.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is he representing you? Don't make your senator lazy by focusing on Bruce!

A lot of likes 114 at the moment.Group stupidity!even when the OP made a valid point,and you say we can move forward with this kind of crowd mentality!
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by gentle007(m): 6:24am On Apr 27, 2016
emekamigo:

A lot of likes 114 at the moment.Group stupidity!even when the OP made a valid point,and you say we can move forward with this kind of crowd mentality!
Which valid point did the OP make?
Have you ever watched senate sessions before your conclusions?
Do you even know the senator representing you?
If you have been following senate sessions, then you will not come here to say he is not active.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 6:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce discusses the motion on Made In Nigeria products on the floor of the Senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoaonqFyNYA
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 6:37am On Apr 27, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce discusses the electricity distribution crisis on the floor of the Senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4eAgXEZTsU
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce discusses his Independent Prosecutor bill with the Nigerian Senate's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQPr7CnYLM
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 6:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce discusses the 2016 budget on the floor of the Senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqS88wHie4
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce discusses President Buhari's economic policies on the floor of the Senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmN0QLVDK0
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by gbrown(m): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2016
swimmer:

It shows he is not averse to modern technology!
That's d kind of person we need ass ppresident!
A PRESIDENT THAT TWEETS? GOSH! YOU DONT WISH THIS COUNTRY WELL.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=gentle007 post=45077360]
Which valid point did the OP make?
Have you ever watched senate sessions before your conclusions?
Do you even know the senator representing you?
If you have been following senate sessions, then you will not come here to say he is not active. [/quote

It's one thing to speak which every senator has a right in the assembly but another thing is to make sense!and yet another to convince people to support you-
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 27, 2016
See his reply

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by swimmer: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2016
gbrown:

A PRESIDENT THAT TWEETS? GOSH! YOU DONT WISH THIS COUNTRY WELL.

On the contrary...its u dt doesn't wiish this country well.

Even ur oga buhari now tweets. Or is it cos ur paymaster tinubu doesnt?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by M16: 9:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Ben Bruce is a senator of the National Assembly not Bayelsa State House of Assembly. He speaks on National Issues you not his constituency issues, and also partakes in making laws for Federal Republic of Nigeria, not Bayelsa State. He gets paid from the Federal purse not Bayelsa State purse.

Every Nigerian has a right to know what he spends his time and our money doing, not just showman and publicity stunts on twitter. Asking someone to stop bugging him and making his senator lazy just shows that common sense is uncommon
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by calabardick(m): 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
What has he to offer? Even his brother that govern Nigeria what did he offered
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 11:26am On Apr 28, 2016
They are showing From The National Assembly (House Of Reps) on the NTA Network. Hope you are watching, so that you can actually know who speaks in the chamber and who doesn't.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Zieristclair(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro the man blocked me cos I asked him a question on tweeter
dont mind him he thinks he is smarter than the rest of us cos he speaks and looks like a yank.his theories are only real on paper,he should start with his constituency and proffer solutions to his state governor who is owing salaries despite collecting heavy allocation from FG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi, Bisi Egbeyemi Get Certificates Of Return From INEC / Pension Theft: John Yusuf To Refund N22.9b, Jailed 6 Years / Profile Of Hussaini Rabiu, The New Commissioner Of Police In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.