Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? (23638 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by iamrealdeji(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
He looks like an American or Italian gangsta
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
AbdulHaram:
He contributed the Common Sense Buhari is lacking!! angry angry
shouldnt this common sense be contributed to the Senate.. .how does twitting help?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Really?? I dont remember him saying anything about the N37million luxury cars
Or about the corrupt senate president who majority of them have rallied behind Like their existence depends on him(dino melaye comes to mind)

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ibietela2(m): 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

How many times have you watched the Senate Proceedings?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
I have always said it that Ben is at best a self promoting senator and a hypocrite
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
omoalayo:
At least He has changed Several peoples mind about Nigerian made goods...
True, but Bearing in mind this ideology he equally made us to understand that printing your book in US is better Than in Nigeria. ....[b]hypocrite [\b]

Nd has made Us understand that the senate bought SUVs from outside the country, then distributed them among themselvs..(I now knw wht they are like in th senate)...So ..He has helped...
In summary, he made us understand that he lost his common sense comment when his colleagues were lavishing our money

wht has Ur own senator done...?
My senator has not claimed Mr fixer of all the problems in 9ja. ......nor claimed to be the Mr common sense man senator. This isnt about about my senator, the earlier you realise this, the better for you
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Cvesta:

some Nigerians can be very funny..Ben Bruce is a champ on Twitter and a docile figure in the house,you ought to ask more salient questions cos his constituency does not pay him salary nor furniture allowance..it is from our collective common wealth that he get paided..His work and antecedent in the Chamber is what we need and not Twitter rants nor You tube videos...He might owe primary responsibility to his constituency but he is a Nigeran Senator and that means he owes a duty to Nigerians in general... Mr "Commonsense" actually needs commonsense himself!!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Kbraims(m): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Making a COMMON SENSE on silver bird station
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by amtaken(f): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who are the senators representing your state/zone?

Focus on them and leave BMB alone.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by amtaken(f): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
They are as dull as Buhari.

searay:
I have tried deleting this post but can not. What should I do?

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by mapet: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
dearpreye:
Focus on the Senator representing YOU. He must not take emoluments for nothing.

I wish the same could be told to BMB when he opted to donate his allowances to feed civil servants in Osun, while his home state was owing salaries for months longer than Osun
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Zieristclair(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Bruce came on his own and started offering us solutions to national problem (who ask am?? ) ... Try to debate him on those solutions u get blocked

Ask anyone from BRASS his presence is not felt... If not for Jonathan and PDP Rigging..... SYLVA is for more popular than him in brass

The guy felt Nigerians are dummies that u just say anything to and they believe... . His theories are I'll thought out and non workable

Back to the question. .... What bills has he been able to sponsor for this Nigerians he so love

And if he feels only his constituency should ask him question then let him address his next tweet and videos to them
with this your comment you have proved to be far more intelligent than Ben Bruce and know him inside out.He fears people like you and would never engage in any debate with your likes.keep it up!

From a concerned Nigerian who hates hypocrisy.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
mapet:

I wish the same could be told to BMB when he opted to donate his allowances to feed civil servants in Osun, while his home state was owing salaries for months longer than Osun

doublewisdom:
Is he representing you? Don't make your senator lazy by focusing on Bruce!

Has he been limiting his twitting to his constituency? tongue tongue tongue Free op joorrrr
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
Carmal90:

he rejected the said car, check his TL on Twitter,

He rejected car on what condition? For your information, he named his own brand which was innoson, which means if the Jeep presented to him was an innosson brand, he would have taken it.

Check the source where you get the information from and your eyes will be opened.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
[s]
ndcide:
Mr Bruce 's Common sense series is one of the greatest service a senator of his kind have ever done.

Only Goats take his common sense series for granted.
I'll take Bruce to our senator remi tinubu
In fact, Mr Bruce is the senator that has affected most Nigerians positively than all other senator. You think national orientation is a joke. That man is a trail blazer jare..

If he runs for president, I'll vote for him. No sentiments here. People now use common sense because of his advocacy. So effective.

Lastly if Senator Bruce wasn't doing anything. @op, will not open this thread.

Why did he not open a thread for his senator.
[/s]

Leave thrash for LAWMA naa... Just mention his contribution/achievements as a Senator.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by mrvitalis(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Zieristclair:
with this your comment you have proved to be far more intelligent than Ben Bruce and know him inside out.He fears people like you and would never engage in any debate with your likes.keep it up!

From a concerned Nigerian who hates hypocrisy.
Bro the man blocked me cos I asked him a question on tweeter
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Danny1974:
[s]What has the federal government done to reduce the suffering of the people? You don't ask yourself this question. What has a senator representing you done? Leave Ben Bruce alone
[/s]

He asked question which demands answer: you are free to open another thread if you have question(s) too.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
seguno2:

FYI.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3625952_bmb_jpeg4462b1275f8f98b6106f3d4dc8200642

Is it that you have comprehension problem or what? From the tweet above, it is crystal clear that he rejected the brand not the car. In other words, he is ready to accept the car so far it is made in Nigeria.

Get your fact right.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
Ben Murray-Bruce @benmurraybruce

I've 5 Bills pending including a. Independent Prosecutor b. Ward Security & c. Alternative Energy. Get your Senator to support them in 2016!

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/680811977975795712

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3189107_screenshot20151214215548_png8ee84e6c5340cba30f70b0ede1e53d04

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3189108_screenshot20151214215556_png251f7febbdf6dc3344b574547a68ac31

And several motions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmN0QLVDK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqxA5R8Rmw

People always say that this senator or that senator doesn't speak in the Senate (popular victims are Ben Murray Bruce and Remi Tinubu), but I know that the truth is that these people do not follow events at the National Assembly.

The NTA has a show called "From The National Assembly". It's usually shown everyday from 11am (live) and 2am (repeat). They usually alternate between the Senate and the House Of Representatives. Anybody that watches that show will know that the claim that these senators do not speak in the Senate is false.

The Senate also has a Twitter handle @NGRSenate which live tweets the proceedings in the Senate.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
Kennydoc:

Do you watch senate sittings on TV?
Can you name any senator that has sponsored any bill in this 8th Assembly?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

He rejected car on what condition? For your information, he named his own brand which was innoson, which means if the Jeep presented to him was an innosson brand, he would have taken it.

Check the source where you get the information from and your eyes will be opened.

Plss read and re read, he rejected d car on d basis that he can afford one, not because it was not innoson, pls check again
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is he representing you? Don't make your senator lazy by focusing on Bruce!

Has Bruce limiting his tweets to his constituency? If the issue has been about Aregbesola here, you and the like of Bruce will have been having orgasm on Osun matter as if you be indigo tongue tongue tongue

What a lame excuse?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Carmal90:

Plss read and re read, he rejected d car on d basis that he can afford one, not because it was not innoson, pls check again

Bruce said and I quote - "for the avoidance of doubt, I did not and will not accept any SUV. The only SUV I, Ben Murray-Bruce will accept is a made in Nigeria car"

Can you please explain the bolded? It seems you need deep mental horizon.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Bruce said and I quote - "for the avoidance of doubt, I did not and will not accept any SUV. The only SUV I, Ben Murray-Bruce will accept is a made in Nigeria car"

Ok just saw it, am sorry for not cross checking, all i know he rejected d suv, but you must be idiot for your last statement.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

and why can't sanate buy innoson which is known ashis brand?
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Omonigeriarere: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Carmal90:

Ok just saw it, am sorry for not cross checking, all i know he rejected d suv, but you must be idiot for your last statement.

Whatever may be your primitive assertion, the fact still stands that he didn't receive the car based on anti-corruption perspective, but in the perspective of the brand of the vehicle, which was not made in Nigeria because he made it clear that he will only receive made in Nigeria.

I am happy to know that you are making use of your deeper mental horizon now.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Whatever may be your primitive assertion, the fact still stands that he didn't receive the car based on anti-corruption perspective, but in the perspective of the brand of the vehicle, which was not made in Nigeria because he made it clear that he will only receive made in Nigeria.

I am happy to know that you are making use of your deeper mental horizon now.

thanks, so if someone asked you outside that did senator Ben Murray Bruce received d SUV, pls what will be your answer? option is yes or no
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by excel101(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

This is the problem with many many, a senator is like every other Nigerians, so he has a right to hear his views about political issues on social media. To me i see his outspokeness in social as an opportunity to engage him on some national issue on social media, and also let him know the plight and pains of the people. So he can convey such messages to his colleagues in senate. Which other senator is more social media friendly compared to him. We should be thinking along this direction rather than criticizing him.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by excel101(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

No blame has been apportioned.

I am talking about legislative duties. What are his contributions?

Senators are not paid heavily to make YouTube videos.
What you need to know about Senator Ben Bruce, is that he's a social personality. He has every right to be on social media as every other persons. Ask your self this simple question, when last have you chat online with the senate representing ur constituency? Or is ur constituency perfect without complain, if not, then you have to call demand to order. Leave him alone for Bayelsans
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by excel101(m): 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
udatso:

True, but Bearing in mind this ideology he equally made us to understand that printing your book in US is better Than in Nigeria. ....[b]hypocrite [\b]

In summary, he made us understand that he lost his common sense comment when his colleagues were lavishing our money

My senator has not claimed Mr fixer of all the problems in 9ja. ......nor claimed to be the Mr common sense man senator. This isnt about about my senator, the earlier you realise this, the better for you
Who is ur senator and what has he/she done in ur constituency? You come out to criticize senators from other constituency, whereas the senator representing ur constituency know nothing but to sleep in the senate while plenary is on.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by udatso: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
excel101:
Who is ur senator and what has he/she done in ur constituency? You come out to criticize senators from other constituency, whereas the senator representing ur constituency know nothing but to sleep in the senate while plenary is on.
It's either you didn't read my post or you didn't digest it or you deliberately dont care. For the previous two, I can't help you but for the latter Madonna has this for you

"You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You're frozen
When your heart's not open

You're so consumed with how much you get
You waste your time with hate and regret
You're broken
When your heart's not open

Mmmmmm, if I could melt your heart"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs / PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives In Sokoto To Condole With Family Of Shehu Shagari / APC Convention: Moments Aspirants Refused To Step Down For Consensus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.