Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG (32460 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
Vongsama:

Why are u always quick to announce ur illiteracy and ignorance?
Can't someone have an idea overnight? Is it every opinion u hold now, u held since d beginningof ur life? So if he didn't conceive it den he shldnt conceive it again?
Some people r so d.umb they shld be fed to termites
while I'm praying for you n your family to be saved from the termites of deliberately induced ignorance ,I think discussing a national issue to which I have full right as a Nigerian does not in any way warrant you displaying disrespect or lack of home training in public ,kid.

' quick to display ignorance ' abi which kind trash u wrote there ..I'm challenging you to name just two occasions where that has happened..

Ekweremadu is a public officer whose political leanings ,thoughts,and character especially on this issue is well known and can be scrutinized.

Sovereign National conference isn't PDP 's idea despite the fact that they stole it and messed it up at the twilight of GEJ's administration.

The national priority now is stabilizing the country socioeconomically and security wise which PMB is busy doing.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Vongsama(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
while I'm praying for you n your family to be saved from the termites of deliberately induced ignorance ,I think discussing a national issue to which I have full right as a Nigerian does not in any way warrant you displaying disrespect or lack of home training in public ,kid.

' quick to display ignorance ' abi which kind trash u wrote there ..I'm challenging you to name just two occasions where that has happened..

Ekweremadu is a public officer whose political leanings ,thoughts,and character especially on this issue is well known and can be scrutinized.

Sovereign National conference isn't PDP 's idea despite the fact that they stole it and messed it up at the twilight of GEJ's administration.

The national priority now is stabilizing the country socioeconomically and security wise which PMB is busy doing.

I pity u thinking pmb is doin anything to this economy. Did u c IMF's latest fatest growing economies in africa? Nigeria that was 3rd in d world as at early 2015 is now missing in top 10 in AFRICA. Bt ofcus zombies like u will blame GEJ. Why? Probably because he made it too high for a dullard to maintain of improve. Get a life n stop displaying ur ignorance of the truth.
GEJ was never ma ideal president bt so is PMB. Matter of fact, with what I've seen in d last 11months I feel remorseful for ever insulting GEJ. I finally agreed to d saying "u never knw d value of wat u hav till u lose it." GEJ was bad bt mehn, he's far better dan pmb. Better crawl n move at d speed of 0.05km/day dan moving backward at any speed or even staying stagnant.
I'd love to tell u go get a life bt I know its not in stores for sale. I'd say get a brain bt the same applies. Pls bro I know u r useless to urself bt am sure ur family still loves u. Better b known for an introvert than one who spew what rightfully belongs to LAWMA every time he speaks.
Advice from someone who doesn't love u bt does nt hate u eida.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by 247notire(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

National-gini?

What made him one? He was just an ambitious Igbo man looking for others to lord it over. Charity is meant to begin at home.

Tell us the achievement of your nationalist apart from suppressing other ethnicities in the then Eastern Region and making all of them to learn Igbo by force.
Zik was a nationalist through and through man. That man is one of the greatest of the erudite scholars Africa has ever had, stop denigrating him cos of tribalistic emotions. Learn to respect your history man.

Just a piece of decent advise for you. For more info check up the man ur speaking I'll about on Wikipedia
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by OreMI22: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
[size=18pt]This is an Afenifere idea and agenda.
Why is Ekweremadu championing this?

Nigeria gets more confusing everyday
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by OAFMods: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Confederacy was part of the aburi accord in 1966 nwokem.
Igbos suggested debulking of Nigeria earlier

I thought its was an igbo man that balkanised the federating unit into unitary system initially.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by specimenC: 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
bonechamberlain:
the northern parasites won't do that because various unproductive routes where Nigeria's money is channelled to might be canceled . angry

Go check history north never wanted to even be partt of this one nigeria. Zik and aguyi shove the unitary one nigeria up the throat of both of yourubas and hausas and fed off s/w cocoa and nothern groundnut pyramid. Now that there is oil in s/s. Una dey shout parasites. 2day u want regionalism, tomorrow u want more s/eastern states. True federalism wil be the best for nigeria as states will be able to maximise their potential. But we all know the real deal here, hypocrisy has eaten up the system, we are all chanting whatever it is we want for this country because of all our sellfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
OAFMods:

I thought its was an igbo man that balkanised the federating unit into unitary system initially.
And after he was killed, what did Hausa Fulani and Yoruba presidents do after that?
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Litmus: 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
All manifestation of division is now the fashion, the panacea to all our problems just as once 'create more States' and 'Democracy' was the key. Of course, those steeped in history of Nigeria poses the nounce to bamboozle the people, but the facts remain that the current system is as good as any. The problem lies more with people that run the system. Divide Nigeria as much as you want, incompetent people will fail it. Incompetent, perocial politicians exploiting the ignorant masses just as selfish tribalistic individuals knowledgeable in history exploite them by offering quick fixes based on segregation. It's a pity that there cannot be a provision requiring any individual running for political office at any level in Nigeria to first obtain a degree in politics, urban planning and so on from the University of Governance created by some Rokerfeller, Bill Gates or Dangote foundation, someplace in Nigeria.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by ekefre4(m): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
gidgiddy:

Since when were you elected Efik/Ibibio national spokesman?
Dey der d expect support from efik/ibibio. Una biafra eye go clear
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by bonechamberlain(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
specimenC:

Go check history north never wanted to even be partt of this one nigeria. Zik and aguyi shove the unitary one nigeria up the throat of both of yourubas and hausas and fed off s/w cocoa and nothern groundnut pyramid. Now that there is oil in s/s. Una dey shout parasites. 2day u want regionalism, tomorrow u want more s/eastern states. True federalism wil be the best for nigeria as states will be able to maximise their potential. But we all know the real deal here, hypocrisy has eaten up the system, we are all chanting whatever it is we want for this country because of all our sellfish interest.

ok
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by DMerciful(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Then system we are running created corruption and not the other way round!
Juxtified:
What is the guarantee that this will work?

If development cannot even get to the grassroots under the much smaller geographical area of the states, how then do we trust it will with the large regions?

How does Regionalism address our biggest problem as a nation, which is the hydra headed monster called corruption?

I'm of the opinion that the fact that the regional system seemed to have worked a little before, was a s a result of the people at the helm, not the system.

I doubt can anyone prove that wrong
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by DMerciful(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Is it d Awolowo that was too afraid to succeed?
coolitempa:

This has always been Awolowo's position until the irresponsible actions of Zik, followed by Aguiyi Ironsi and Gowon messed it all up. Regionalism and eventual split!... angry
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Papasland21: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
byrron:

So because his pdp didn't do it then it shouldn't be done right? Just imagine how people reason cry cry cry cry cry

He is d deputy senate president, let him start d process on d floor of d senate, his book will not do that.
Or he should keep quiet and enjoy his loots too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 5:11am On Apr 27, 2016
Vongsama:

I pity u thinking pmb is doin anything to this economy. Did u c IMF's latest fatest growing economies in africa? Nigeria that was 3rd in d world as at early 2015 is now missing in top 10 in AFRICA. Bt ofcus zombies like u will blame GEJ. Why? Probably because he made it too high for a dullard to maintain of improve. Get a life n stop displaying ur ignorance of the truth.
GEJ was never ma ideal president bt so is PMB. Matter of fact, with what I've seen in d last 11months I feel remorseful for ever insulting GEJ. I finally agreed to d saying "u never knw d value of wat u hav till u lose it." GEJ was bad bt mehn, he's far better dan pmb. Better crawl n move at d speed of 0.05km/day dan moving backward at any speed or even staying stagnant.
I'd love to tell u go get a life bt I know its not in stores for sale. I'd say get a brain bt the same applies. Pls bro I know u r useless to urself bt am sure ur family still loves u. Better b known for an introvert than one who spew what rightfully belongs to LAWMA every time he speaks.
Advice from someone who doesn't love u bt does nt hate u eida.
Obviously your lack of home training can't be helped .....abusing your betters especially when you don't know them nor have never met them.

I don't wanna waste my time telling you about economics and character like what presently obtains in most schools of higher learning globally - where 'character and learning' is the mantra. Sadly that training didnt sip through you or how do I explain your insulting persons who have not offended you nor have you met them b4 but just because their opinions are different from yours?

If in the time of bumper harvest ,a manager is not saving nor is he investing in preparation for an unpredictable future, but promoting stealing which he doesnt see as as corruption, then wise people/followers wouldn't wait till he mortgaged them totally before changing such manager especially when the failure of his leadership was already putting the whole nation on autopilot descent to ignomy.. reasonable Nigerians who saw that with the falling price of crude coupled with PDP looting spree Nigeria was in danger rallied to look for a better manager with a strong character,love of Nigeria and firm resolve as well experience to save the nation hence our bringing PMB. It was an emergency!

3rd economy in the world by whose rating? it is as useless as the paper on which it is written! 3rd economy and Nigerians gleefully changed such government that brought a wonderful miracle of a 3rd economy? nonsense!

The truth is that with the fall in crude's price and PDP s unbridled stealing culture GEJ wouldn't have been able to manage this nation now cos he lacks the character and the will to confront the looming socioeconomic crisis ahead. or how do you want me to explain waiting for 18 days before ascertaining that chibok girls had been kidnapped by the C-in -C? or giving waivers to rice importers n in the same breath talking about promoting local production? is it the inability to make a refinery work for 6 years? or his submitting his government to Dasuki ? or his 'PhD' not robbn off on petchie'?

Sorry we Nigerians have submitted this sovereignty to PMB to salvage in the next 4 years and he hasn't even spend a year . Some folks spent 6 or 16 years and put us in this mess that PMB is cleaning presently ,and he needs no distraction . God bless Nigeria!
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by rexzqcom(m): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2016
mars123:
the current system of government could be productive also but politics overtook governance. now how are we sure it won't rear it's ugly head again once we regionalise? I think regionalisation though is necessary but it has to come during a clean up and not before a clean up. because it is the same leaders we will get managing the same resources.

"The current system of government could be productive....". We have been practicing the current government system for over 59 years now. Has left more to be desire. The colonial power and our founding pioneers that worked together to design the system at the dawn of independence knew, regionalized system was what could potentiate our rich diverse resources capacities. Since 1966 we deviated from that structure, the whole country have sufferred, except the federal government that have been feeding fat on the regions resources. Is time for alternative system. Accountability will be more acute at regional grassroots levels.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by rexzqcom(m): 8:48am On Apr 27, 2016
mars123:
the current system of government could be productive also but politics overtook governance. now how are we sure it won't rear it's ugly head again once we regionalise? I think regionalisation though is necessary but it has to come during a clean up and not before a clean up. because it is the same leaders we will get managing the same resources.

"The current system of government could be productive....". We have been practicing the current government system for over 50 years now. Has left more to be desire. The colonial power and our founding pioneers that worked together to design the system at the dawn of independence knew, regionalized system was what could potentiate our rich diverse resources capacities. Since 1966 we deviated from that structure, the whole country have sufferred, except the federal government that have been feeding fat on the regions resources. Is time for alternative system. Accountability will be more acute at regional grassroots levels.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by 49cents(m): 8:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Are we talking about regionalism along geographical zones or geopolitical zones, because we are already practicing it along the geopolitical axis.
What Nigeria needs this period is seperating local governments from state government, making them completely autonomous and financially independent not creating more mega monsters. Same applies for councils and wards. We need a financial transparency commission of all tiers of government.

Finally I have found someone that shares my opinion

I am still mourning the abortion of the bill of local government autonomy that needed just 24 states to okay but was never
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Vongsama(m): 9:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Babacele:
Obviously your lack of home training can't be helped .....abusing your betters especially when you don't know them nor have never met them.

I don't wanna waste my time telling you about economics and character like what presently obtains in most schools of higher learning globally - where 'character and learning' is the mantra. Sadly that training didnt sip through you or how do I explain your insulting persons who have not offended you nor have you met them b4 but just because their opinions are different from yours?

If in the time of bumper harvest ,a manager is not saving nor is he investing in preparation for an unpredictable future, but promoting stealing which he doesnt see as as corruption, then wise people/followers wouldn't wait till he mortgaged them totally before changing such manager especially when the failure of his leadership was already putting the whole nation on autopilot descent to ignomy.. reasonable Nigerians who saw that with the falling price of crude coupled with PDP looting spree Nigeria was in danger rallied to look for a better manager with a strong character,love of Nigeria and firm resolve as well experience to save the nation hence our bringing PMB. It was an emergency!

3rd economy in the world by whose rating? it is as useless as the paper on which it is written! 3rd economy and Nigerians gleefully changed such government that brought a wonderful miracle of a 3rd economy? nonsense!

The truth is that with the fall in crude's price and PDP s unbridled stealing culture GEJ wouldn't have been able to manage this nation now cos he lacks the character and the will to confront the looming socioeconomic crisis ahead. or how do you want me to explain waiting for 18 days before ascertaining that chibok girls had been kidnapped by the C-in -C? or giving waivers to rice importers n in the same breath talking about promoting local production? is it the inability to make a refinery work for 6 years? or his submitting his government to Dasuki ? or his 'PhD' not robbn off on petchie'?

Sorry we Nigerians have submitted this sovereignty to PMB to salvage in the next 4 years and he hasn't even spend a year . Some folks spent 6 or 16 years and put us in this mess that PMB is cleaning presently ,and he needs no distraction . God bless Nigeria!

God bless Nigeria!
Same God shld heal u n save u from u n ur delusional points.
Both u n pmb knws nothing in economics.
Allowing importation while empowering local production is d best. Wen d local production is sufficient, it will b cheaper n forces of d market will force importers out of business. Simple. Ask urself hw many of these big economies worry demselves with import ban? U c y u need a brain?
Abt who d fvck u think u r, u dnt knw me either so stop tellin me sh!t.
And ur conclusion that "we Nigerians have submitted..." further proves me right that u need a brain. How else will a sane man think he can speak for d whole country, at least even if he so thinks, he shld knw dat Dasuki doesn't like pmb n dasuki is a nigerian so dat means nt all nigerians, btw there r millions of people who even voted dis dullard dat nw wish dey can take back their votes. We hav seen confessions online.
About savings. U really need to stop displaying ur ignorance. Ur propaganda lying pmb said dey met notin on ground bt rot. Now lemme improve ur knowledge n sure u can verify via google or other sources. Gej left notin bt he left $32B cash reserve. The grains pmb ordered shld b distributed to IDPs was gathered n stored by GEJ. Since pmb came on board, d military hav not purchase a single bullet. All they'v been using r d arms n ammunitions gathered by gej. Lemme jst stop here. If u wanna learn more, pay sch fee after all, there's no free sch n am nt a philanthropist to the backward savages like u.
Get a life bro.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by MrGerald(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2016
gidgiddy:
Naturally, most Southern Nigerians would want the 36 states collapsed into 'zones' or regions. The North will be against it because it will end their political domination of Nigeria. But as an Igbo man, what I'm sceptical against is what the zones will look like, particularly in the area sometimes called SS/SE. I want know what happens to Igbo elements such Igbos of the lower Benue, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos and the Abi Igbo speaking people of Cross River. I also want to know if the Efik/Ibibio nation and the Ijaw/Edoid people can actually be in one zone or are they going to be two separate zones or would they prefare to join their Igbo neigbours as one zone? These questions need answering and that is why a referendum has to be conducted before the creation of any zone so that the people can decide which zone they want to belong to.
this is not a matter of ethnicity but about regional government which we already have six geopolitical zones, with each having their own ethnic minority and can still be like that
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2016
Vongsama:

God bless Nigeria!
Same God shld heal u n save u from u n ur delusional points.
Both u n pmb knws nothing in economics.
Allowing importation while empowering local production is d best. Wen d local production is sufficient, it will b cheaper n forces of d market will force importers out of business. Simple. Ask urself hw many of these big economies worry demselves with import ban? U c y u need a brain?
Abt who d fvck u think u r, u dnt knw me either so stop tellin me sh!t.
And ur conclusion that "we Nigerians have submitted..." further proves me right that u need a brain. How else will a sane man think he can speak for d whole country, at least even if he so thinks, he shld knw dat Dasuki doesn't like pmb n dasuki is a nigerian so dat means nt all nigerians, btw there r millions of people who even voted dis dullard dat nw wish dey can take back their votes. We hav seen confessions online.
About savings. U really need to stop displaying ur ignorance. Ur propaganda lying pmb said dey met notin on ground bt rot. Now lemme improve ur knowledge n sure u can verify via google or other sources. Gej left notin bt he left $32B cash reserve. The grains pmb ordered shld b distributed to IDPs was gathered n stored by GEJ. Since pmb came on board, d military hav not purchase a single bullet. All they'v been using r d arms n ammunitions gathered by gej. Lemme jst stop here. If u wanna learn more, pay sch fee after all, there's no free sch n am nt a philanthropist to the backward savages like u.
Get a life bro.
you are still pained to hell that despite all the stewpid oluwole economics that foolish saTanoids like you bandied around as GEJ's achievements, we Nigerians, the real thermometers of any government policy, kicked you folks out and voted PMB as our president....and there is nothing you and your masters currently facing corruption charges can do about it in the next 4 years except wail.....
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Vongsama(m): 10:28am On Apr 27, 2016
Babacele:
you are still pained to hell that despite all the stewpid oluwole economics that foolish saTanoids like you bandied around as GEJ's achievements, we Nigerians, the real thermometers of any government policy, kicked you folks out and voted PMB as our president....and there is nothing you and your masters currently facing corruption charges can do about it in the next 4 years except wail.....

One thing ur memoryless brain fails to remember is that am nt a partisan. I said it early that I regret ever insulting gej bt ofcus I dnt expect a dullard runnin low on brain memory to remember. I wanted him out. I didn't vote though but I did nt wish Nigeria GEJ. He wasn't d president we deserve. I thought pmb was gona b d diff bt fvck it I was wrong. I jst notice dat n regret insultin a mediocre GEJ who is beta dan someone moving us backward. Bt again, u r a dullard so u will nt understand n as a zombie u will nt accept. As for saraki, metuh, dasuki n d likes, dey shld answer their charges even though we know Amaechi n others includin Tinubu shld b on d list bt u can't c that, life is unfair to d blind.
Call those thieves ma masters when u already confessed I dnt knw u n u dnt knw me further justify ma claim of ur lunacy. And about bad economics of gej, I think we were beta with d bad dan dis worse. Matter of fact there is no economic policy in this govt or do u wanna tell me one?
Pls am beggin u in d name of God or whatever ur deity is, stop displayin ur stoopidity zombie attributes, its doin u more harm dan good. Am nt a partisan bt I knw when d politics n economy is bad. My favourite president of all time (Yar'adua -God rest his soul) started his govt with 7points agenda, this ur god buhari does nt even knw what an agenda is. We r jst goin down n down to d worst n u dnt want us to complain. Yar'adua was doin great before he died, gej came in n there was a decrease in standard of living n we all agreed that was bad. Now buhari came in n there's a further decrease n u dnt want human brained people to talk sense into fish brained humans like u?
Go hang urself, it may give u sense.
Stoopidt fvck!
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Vongsama:

One thing ur memoryless brain fails to remember is that am nt a partisan. I said it early that I regret ever insulting gej bt ofcus I dnt expect a dullard runnin low on brain memory to remember. I wanted him out. I didn't vote though but I did nt wish Nigeria GEJ. He wasn't d president we deserve. I thought pmb was gona b d diff bt fvck it I was wrong. I jst notice dat n regret insultin a mediocre GEJ who is beta dan someone moving us backward. Bt again, u r a dullard so u will nt understand n as a zombie u will nt accept. As for saraki, metuh, dasuki n d likes, dey shld answer their charges even though we know Amaechi n others includin Tinubu shld b on d list bt u can't c that, life is unfair to d blind.
Call those thieves ma masters when u already confessed I dnt knw u n u dnt knw me further justify ma claim of ur lunacy. And about bad economics of gej, I think we were beta with d bad dan dis worse. Matter of fact there is no economic policy in this govt or do u wanna tell me one?
Pls am beggin u in d name of God or whatever ur deity is, stop displayin ur stoopidity zombie attributes, its doin u more harm dan good. Am nt a partisan bt I knw when d politics n economy is bad. My favourite president of all time (Yar'adua -God rest his soul) started his govt with 7points agenda, this ur god buhari does nt even knw what an agenda is. We r jst goin down n down to d worst n u dnt want us to complain. Yar'adua was doin great before he died, gej came in n there was a decrease in standard of living n we all agreed that was bad. Now buhari came in n there's a further decrease n u dnt want human brained people to talk sense into fish brained humans like u?
Go hang urself, it may give u sense.
Stoopidt fvck!
OK.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by cardoctor(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2016
I concour.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by gidgiddy: 11:10am On Apr 27, 2016
MrGerald:
this is not a matter of ethnicity but about regional government which we already have six geopolitical zones, with each having their own ethnic minority and can still be like that

This is a big matter of ethnicity because we were all ethnic groups long before we ever became Nigerians. We all came into Nigeria as ethnic groups and the regions must be comprised of ethnic groups that agree to be together. The so called six regions are a work of pure fiction. How can you tell the Ijaws of Ondo that they are in a SW region with Yorubas? How you tell the western Igbo, sometimes called Delta Igbos, that they are in a region with Binis? How can you tell the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu that they are in the SE? How can someone say that the Igbos of the lower Benue are in the NC when they have been fighting to join Enugu state for a long time? Or will you tell an Efik man that he is in the Niger-Delta with Ogoni? Who decides where who belongs? That is why there must be a referendum before the creation of any region so that the indigenous ethnic groups can decide for themselves where they want to belong. Creation of any region without a referendum is illegal and a complete nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by MrGerald(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

This is a big matter of ethnicity because we were all ethnic groups long before we ever became Nigerians. We all came into Nigeria as ethnic groups and the regions must be comprised of ethnic groups that agree to be together. The so called six regions are a work of pure fiction. How can you tell the Ijaws of Ondo that they are in a SW region with Yorubas? How you tell the western Igbo, sometimes called Delta Igbos, that they are in a region with Binis? How can you tell the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu that they are in the SE? How can someone say that the Igbos of the lower Benue are in the NC when they have been fighting to join Enugu state for a long time? Or will you tell an Efik man that he is in the Niger-Delta with Ogoni? Who decides where who belongs? That is why there must be a referendum before the creation of any region so that the indigenous ethnic groups can decide for themselves where they want to belong. Creation of any region without a referendum is illegal and a complete nonsense.
I think every ethnic group/tribe can integrate within the regional government under their geographical settlement or we'll end up arguing on creating more than 36 regional government in this country
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by DeLaRue: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
laviecontinue:
1)Ok. I have a feeling that this COULD work. But the challenge will be where some tribes falls or who they actually falls with. Thinking of ondo state here hmmmm......

This is a curious comment.

So, what about Ondo State grin

This is like wondering whether Sokoto will end up in the SE or Enugu in in the NW.

Some comments on nairaland are just ridiculous.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Opharhe: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2016
gidgiddy:
Naturally, most Southern Nigerians would want the 36 states collapsed into 'zones' or regions. The North will be against it because it will end their political domination of Nigeria. But as an Igbo man, what I'm sceptical against is what the zones will look like, particularly in the area sometimes called SS/SE. I want know what happens to Igbo elements such Igbos of the lower Benue, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos and the Abi Igbo speaking people of Cross River. I also want to know if the Efik/Ibibio nation and the Ijaw/Edoid people can actually be in one zone or are they going to be two separate zones or would they prefare to join their Igbo neigbours as one zone? These questions need answering and that is why a referendum has to be conducted before the creation of any zone so that the people can decide which zone they want to belong to.
Yeah, i see reason with your position. For me, the Igbos of lower Benue and Igbo-speaking territories of the SS(from Igbanke in Edo to Cross River) will be better under one zone with the SE. The Yoruba-Speaking people of the North (Kwara and Kogi) should also join the SW. The SS can either remain the way it is after the Igbos must have joined the SE OR it'll be split in two- 1. Western(Ijaw-speaking people of Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta states + the Edo-speaking people of Delta and Edo state).
2. Eastern(Cross River and Akwa-Ibom). For the North they can also have 3 or 4 zones based on compatibility or mutual agrreement. #My2Cents

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Cvesta(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2016
gidgiddy:

The SS is not a region because it is not backed up by any law. I do not remember any time the Efik man sat down with the Bini Man and agreed to form a region. Any region being formed must be on the basis of the agreement of the indigenous tribes and not because some half illiterate general sat down in an Abuja office and said so. There is no SS or SE region.
Really? Then suffice it to say that there exist no region in Nigeria cos I don't remember anywhere in our history where the Tiv man of Benue and the multifarious tribe in plateau agreed to be North Central either.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by senior123: 11:16pm On May 01, 2016
Why Nigerians will never vote Jews. Just acting senate president and already pushing for indirect biafra
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 12:01am On May 02, 2016
senior123:
Why Nigerians will never vote Jews. Just acting senate president and already pushing for indirect biafra
WTH are u saying?
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by gidgiddy: 1:36am On May 02, 2016
Cvesta:

Really? Then suffice it to say that there exist no region in Nigeria cos I don't remember anywhere in our history where the Tiv man of Benue and the multifarious tribe in plateau agreed to be North Central either.

There is no region in Nigeria as at present. The so called SW,SE,SS,NW,NE,NC are all works of fiction by past northern military leaders to perpetuate their 'divide and rule' policy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gabriel Daudu Loses At Appeal Court After Being Jailed For 154 Years / Video Of The Full Military Welcome Ceremony For President Tinubu In Qatar / APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.