Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,723 members, 7,827,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari (27913 Views)

We Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Northern Leader Cries Out, Begs Buhari To Leave / We Won’t Tell Efcc To Arrest Jonathan – Osinbajo / Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by emmanuelbrown26: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Dis CAN just dey make noise, when its time u will not see nor hear them again, where as tompo and asari, where are they, tompo is no where to be seen. Dis one na confirm noise makers. Nonsense CAN

1 Like

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
DONSMITH123:
The Public Relations Officer, 19 Northern States and Abuja of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Joseph Hayab, has observed that the popularity of the present administration in the country was rapidly dwindling among Nigerians, advising that any attempt to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will not speak well of the country.
In a statement he issued and made available to newsmen in Kaduna Tuesday said, “Every honest Nigerian knows that the fellers on the ground is that this administration’s popularity is dwindling rapidly among Nigerian people. It is, therefore, not advisable to think or plan to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

[b]“Let me warn that such a misadventure will set a wrong precedent and only open door for mischief people to set this nation into confusion.

“What Nigerians need urgently is availability of fuel, electricity, prompt salary, security of lives and property, among other issues that are begging for urgent answers.

“If the purported plan to arrest him is to please the international community and prove to them that we are fighting corruption, then let us know that this same international community are busy celebrating him as hero of democracy and even those who seriously wanted him to go for a change to happen are now singing a new song about him.

“Former President, Jonathan is deservedly seen in Nigeria and beyond as a hero of democracy because of his actions before, during and after the 2015 elections.

“As such, it will be an ill advice for the Buhari administration to initiate the arrest of such a statesman at this time and with the current realities.

“Our government must know that there are individuals serving today that are also been accused of corruption but since there are claims that nothing has been established against them, they are walking and speaking like saints.[/b]

“While ignoring all these, Government now wants to arrest a man of peace like Jonathan? CAN Northern States wishes to advice that such an action, if actualized, has the capacity to lead to serious confusion that will affect Nigeria economically and otherwise.

“We believe Former President Jonathan deserves praise and should receive gratitude from those in power today not scorn.

“Let it not be that this purported planned arrest is meant to distract Nigerians from speaking or complaining about the reality of what and how they are feeling since the past eleven months, we are afraid that such an action may spark a chain of reactions.

“If our President wants to arrest anything for now then he should arrest the incessant spate of herdsmen attacks in Nigeria which has led to the deaths of almost a thousand of innocent Nigerians under his watch.

“He should arrest the dangerous slide in the power sector.he should arrest the slide in the economy.

“We believe at this time and with the current realities that our former president most not be denigrate but honour, because honour must be given to whom it is due.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/26/dont-arrest-jonathan-northern-can-warns-buhari/
Hey Reverend shut tha f.....k up
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by PipSurgeon(m): 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
ppl tend to forget that the govt has absolute power.. nothing will happen, only collateral damages.. this is why IQ and EQ of who wield such power must be tested..
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by nijanigga: 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
okejos:
RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH
that's exactly what you're jobless ipob. start another and see how you will be wiped out
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Realist2: 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Relax !, nobody can try it, even Buhari can't bites more than what he can Chew, no not possible.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by spafu(m): 12:09am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

hmmmm.....

Always Chest beating on Nairaland

And if Soldier slap you now, you go dey scream "Marginalization"
grin grin grin
I am not of the 'Yesmen' stock of the South West.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Umamman(m): 12:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Ds warning ll not stop u(CAN) frm returnin ur dasukigate share,u no get shame!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Brushless: 12:48am On Apr 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
My Brother, Asari Dokubo said more than that. I remembered him on AIT one day making hell of noise that Naija will boil if Jonathan fail to win. Where is Asari today. the so-called Tompollo could not even come out to celebrate his birthday. My guy, nothing will happen jare.

You can't equate those with Jonathan.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Brushless: 12:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Keneking:
Who says? Please do the needful EFCC..the pain and agony caused by Jonathan is unbearable and unacceptable embarassed
Can you say that of Obasanjo, Abubakar and IBB?
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by InvertedHammer: 1:26am On Apr 27, 2016
temitemi1:
touch my HERO N die!
/
People like you are dangerous.

Folks like you led Abiola to untimely death.
Folks like you led Nnamdi Kalu to detention.
You threaten. Then you disappear at the first sound of gun.
You couldn't even fight to get fuel in a gas station.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Only cowards threaten the FGN. The serious ones show their capabilities first and FGN will be calling for truce. Think ND militants and BH. This is the same reason I laugh when IPOB issues ultimatum to FGN. You don't see fulani herdsmen issue warnings.

Nigeria needs a systemic shock to move forward. An arrest of IBB, OBJ or GEJ will do it. So far, Jonathan is the weakest line.
\

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by ngoziama: 1:46am On Apr 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
The Public Relations Officer, 19 Northern States and Abuja of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Joseph Hayab, has observed that the popularity of the present administration in the country was rapidly dwindling among Nigerians, advising that any attempt to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will not speak well of the country.
In a statement he issued and made available to newsmen in Kaduna Tuesday said, “Every honest Nigerian knows that the fellers on the ground is that this administration’s popularity is dwindling rapidly among Nigerian people. It is, therefore, not advisable to think or plan to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

[b]“Let me warn that such a misadventure will set a wrong precedent and only open door for mischief people to set this nation into confusion.

“What Nigerians need urgently is availability of fuel, electricity, prompt salary, security of lives and property, among other issues that are begging for urgent answers.

“If the purported plan to arrest him is to please the international community and prove to them that we are fighting corruption, then let us know that this same international community are busy celebrating him as hero of democracy and even those who seriously wanted him to go for a change to happen are now singing a new song about him.

“Former President, Jonathan is deservedly seen in Nigeria and beyond as a hero of democracy because of his actions before, during and after the 2015 elections.

“As such, it will be an ill advice for the Buhari administration to initiate the arrest of such a statesman at this time and with the current realities.

“Our government must know that there are individuals serving today that are also been accused of corruption but since there are claims that nothing has been established against them, they are walking and speaking like saints.[/b]

“While ignoring all these, Government now wants to arrest a man of peace like Jonathan? CAN Northern States wishes to advice that such an action, if actualized, has the capacity to lead to serious confusion that will affect Nigeria economically and otherwise.

“We believe Former President Jonathan deserves praise and should receive gratitude from those in power today not scorn.

“Let it not be that this purported planned arrest is meant to distract Nigerians from speaking or complaining about the reality of what and how they are feeling since the past eleven months, we are afraid that such an action may spark a chain of reactions.

“If our President wants to arrest anything for now then he should arrest the incessant spate of herdsmen attacks in Nigeria which has led to the deaths of almost a thousand of innocent Nigerians under his watch.

“He should arrest the dangerous slide in the power sector.he should arrest the slide in the economy.

“We believe at this time and with the current realities that our former president most not be denigrate but honour, because honour must be given to whom it is due.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/26/dont-arrest-jonathan-northern-can-warns-buhari/

Arrest Jonathan and start from 1983 to arrest all ex presidents,.apc has been diverting our attention from their clueless regime to corruption cases

1 Like

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Excuzeme: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2016
[size=14pt]CAN my FOOT - OBJ![/size]

if the only reason for the law not to prevail (or at least for an accused to have their say in a Court Room) is because "popularity is dwindling", l think this CAN people are disgraceful!

They should give us a better reason .... even silly ones like 'he has CANCER'! angry angry angry
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by billyG(m): 2:20am On Apr 27, 2016
CAN has collected their own share of Jonathan's loot,omo see corruption fighting back.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Rexnegro(m): 2:30am On Apr 27, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
There is no need for any advice or warnings. Let Buhari try it, and he will see what his mouth will not be able to talk
Please explain What will happen? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew nonsense someone like You support and promote corruption...if pmb try it notin I repeat notin will happen...crude oil wey una region dey use threaten Nigeria nahim no get financial value again in international market again...so I repeat notin will happen if gej is tried...
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by mindtricks: 3:46am On Apr 27, 2016
gud4dbest:
That is it;some people are painted to be above the law because they seem to be the patrons,pioneers of democracy or seem to have played some heroic act in democracy. If Jonathan and all the past head of states presidents governors etc seem to av skeletons in their cupboards let them come and explain...and that is Democracy!

. . .and all the past head of states presidents governors etc. . . is the reason why Buhari's govt is deemed biased as she is selective as to should be gulty or not, whom is to be probed or not. And people still tell us they are "fighting corruption", whereas APC is busy fighting opposition!

Buhari's govt is neck-bent on towing the path of vendetta. If heads must roll, let all guilty heads roll!
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Totfulguy: 4:03am On Apr 27, 2016
gud4dbest:
That is it;some people are painted to be above the law because they seem to be the patrons,pioneers of democracy or seem to have played some heroic act in democracy. If Jonathan and all the past head of states presidents governors etc seem to av skeletons in their cupboards let them come and explain...and that is Democracy!

Babangida
Abdulsalami Abubbakar
Atiku Abubakkar
Tinubu...

And the list goes on. But lets start with Babangida.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 27, 2016
I hope this CAN are not terrorist group, any group that makes such atrocious comment, looks like terrorist, remember Abubakar Shekau the late leader of Boko Haram, Asari Dokubo and Nnamdi Kanu the leader of terrorist group called IPOB, this how they all started. FG should do the needful.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by amtaken(f): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2016
You don't know the Ijaws. That's all I can say for now.

stoic6ix:

forget that thing jor!!! which kind war civil or domestic... Buratai will deal with any mutherfucker
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by amtaken(f): 5:46am On Apr 27, 2016
I don't wish for it that's why I am warning Buhari to desist from things that can spark it off.

slytubadth:
War? pls be mindful about what you wish for. smh!
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by impartiality2al(m): 5:48am On Apr 27, 2016
Keneking:
Who says? Please do the needful EFCC..the pain and agony caused by Jonathan is unbearable and unacceptable embarassed

shut up there! what do u know about pain & agony? What pain did u suffer during Jonathan's administration that wasn't created by the northern leaders? Where were u during Abacha's time? Why didn't u die when IBB was in power? When Nigeria couldn't boast of 1500 MW of electricity, what did u do? Since ur man assumed office, name one single achievement he has made apart from all the useless travelling he's being doing? It is now u are even suffering in case u don't know. Hypocrite!
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by amtaken(f): 5:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Why can't some of you make any comment without insulting others?

Anyway I have done the needful.

Like I said earlier, any attempt by Buhari to arrest GEJ either directly or by proxy will lead to war!

nijanigga:

dimwit Buhari has no power to arrest anybody it's the law that must be applied,why are these guys so ignorant? so Obama will just wake up and ask the police to arrest somebody because of mere speculations, EFCC must be allowed to do it's job.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Jexyme(f): 5:56am On Apr 27, 2016
CAN leadership don turn politicians and pro-jonathan to be specific.

Has EFCC finished investing those billions of naira shared to all those so called religious bodies by Jonathan before election?
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by impartiality2al(m): 6:00am On Apr 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
The law should apply to both the poor and the rich.
The law should be followed in everything, no matter who you are.

Agreed, but only if followed justly from reflection. Reflection I mean is going back to previous administrations beginning from 1966 to date. U can agree with me that the corruption we are suffering today didn't just begin with the immediate past administration: it's bin cumulative. And the APC govt is getting it wrong by witch hunting. There are many needful things to Arrest now & not JEG. See the herdsmen, see the economy, see unemployment, etc.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by impartiality2al(m): 6:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Amanwulu1:
Buhari may b a dullard but I don't wnt to believe he's also insane. He's neva had any plan to arrest gej. He uses gej to psyche his zombie followers.

Better for him! Else he would regret his adventure.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Christianwalas(m): 6:07am On Apr 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
a simple question Ma. " Is Jonathan above the law"?

is obj, ibb and d rest above the law too?
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by impartiality2al(m): 6:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Afama:
Forgive him his sins my ass.. . Arrest him if he is guilty biko

Aren't u guilty as well? Are u any better than him? Don't be fooled by the APC's change mantra. Nothing will change in Nigeria except u & I change first. And if I may ask u, " what's GEJ's offense? Is he more guilty than ur LG Chairman or ur state governor?
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by 989900B: 6:11am On Apr 27, 2016
I would personally prefer he is invited and interogated to point us in the right direction of where the monies went/are, while also refunding his stolen booty.

OTOH, if he is arrested, nothing will happen . . . Abiola, Abacha, Ken Saro wiwa & others, Kudi Abiola, Bola Ige, and many more . . . GEJ is just a 'smallllll-thieving-fly'.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by sanusidabo: 6:15am On Apr 27, 2016
What CAN was as regards to this was baseless, fraud and corruption. Under this Jonathan whole northern states were painted as Boko Haram only in an attempt to scare us, in order to easily ring the 2015 the election and now God had helped us out of their evils plan. We should stop using religious platform in order to achieve some set of people personal objective at the detriment of Nigerians.
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by geniune(m): 6:18am On Apr 27, 2016
whats CAN business in politics/are u afraid you will have to return d billions giving to you for campaign? CRIMINAL/
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by meenermesut: 6:27am On Apr 27, 2016
[u go do wetin?
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2016
Arrest if u can or if u like but bet me u wud record d worst president eva this duara dullard....Such a failure
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Kolency(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
My Brother, Asari Dokubo said more than that. I remembered him on AIT one day making hell of noise that Naija will boil if Jonathan fail to win. Where is Asari today. the so-called Tompollo could not even come out to celebrate his birthday. My guy, nothing will happen jare.

Enlighten dem o,empty threats association. He should b invited n if found guilty should face d music 4 betraying public trust. Shikenan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

March In Support Of Buhari & Amaechi In Port Harcourt Ongoing (Photos) / Pictures Of The Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Today / Orji Uzor Kalu And Andy Uba Dancing To Phyno's Highway Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.