Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! (30257 Views)

Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / Cook Who Specializes In Forex Scam And Cloning Of ATM Cards Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by okooloyun1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
Op u fell for a cheap scam, I received d same yesterday I just ignore it.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by eldino44(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
Stancity:
h
Category1:
F
can u pls sell me this space grin
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by ebubey(f): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
i think the person is in dat bank undecided..same tin happened to me, i called the man wen he asked 4 my card number i jus said 'God punish you, no go fin work dy dia dy luk 4 mugu" he dropped the call cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by christisreal: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
I almost fell for it once.Thank God for the Holyspirit.When i wanted to call out the number on the card my spirit kept revolting until i accused him of being a fraudster and he dropped the call.Anyway, God is able to restore much more than what u lost.Take heart.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by ValereeE: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
lol... got the same message few weeks ago, and I called, it was a female voice, she asked me what my bank name was I told her to tell me since they are the ones that sent the message. she said she's not allowed to give out peoples bank credentials. I then gave her a bank name different from my actual bank account.. she said I should drop and call her back in 10 minutes.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Nnenna2too(f): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's surprises me how people still falls for this can of scam....
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by teaser101: 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Even beggars on the street are all aware abt this, much more u a student? Knock on ur head

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Teespice(f): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
I got the same message yesterday morning.

immediately I knew it was a scam. used my ATM card this morning and it wasn't deactivated. then my annoyance grew.

called the number, and the background was noisy. explained my mission and the person at the other end was all formal and saying that he needed the last digits of my ATM card.

told him straight up that I used my card to withdraw money and it wasn't deactivated, therefore he should try his scam on someone else.

called him a thief and hung up.

it's Really pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
are you sure you are a student?
you no dey read news, na so so gej be clueless, buhari be dullard you go dey do unandan for NL, why dem no go scam u. Abeg, dey no do u wella.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by mecus4love(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sorry man. But you deserve 24 lasshes of Koboko. How can u fall for this cheap 419 trick?
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by dadee007(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sir, an ATM card is not for everybody. It's for people that can manage it well. Not to sound insulting, How can someone tell you to call all the digits of your ATM card and you oblige? Even if it is your account officer. SMH.
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»
Beware of ATM fraudsters.

I, BenjaminZion is a VICTIM.
Read till the end Ooh:
Since last week Wednesday till yesterday, I frequently receive an SMS from this phone number: 234 803 413 8959. and the message read thus:
"Dear Customer, due to the BVN validation in compliance with CBN directives, your ATM card has been deactivated. Call our helpline on 08034138959 now.
My people, at first, I ignored it severally knowing that if truly its from First Bank, the SMS should've bear FIRST BANK name.
Then on Sunday, someone visited my house, so I decided to go withdraw but the ATM machine displayed that I've exceeded 5times of withdrawal which I haven't.
Now, I believed the SMS I got might be from the Bank Manager of the branch where I opened my account @ Onitsha.
Then today, around 12:17pm, I got same SMS and I decided to call because I'll be attending a seminar tomorrow here in Enugu which I need to withdraw money that will aid my transport and other expenses.
When I called, the number picked up & said "This Is FBN helpline, I'm speaking with Mr Benjamin Zion Arinzechukwu" I replied "Yes". He called out my account number & the last two digits of my ATM card. I was shocked then, I now believed it was from First Bank.
Throughout the dialogue, he was calling me Sir, Sir, Sir. I was convinced coz that's how bankers treat customers.
He asked me to call the 19digit pin on my ATM card, which is the Serial number & I dis exactly.
Within 4mins, I got this five code (28506) which I sent back to them as instructed. They told me to call Back after 40mins.
My people, within 25mins, I got an alert of #10.000, five times, which is 50.000naira.
I called back the number & complained; they say, they'll refund the money within the remaining 15mins. That they're testing the pin.
Then, I began suspecting the whole transaction.
I called a staff @ FBN Onitsha, the branch where I opened the account, her line was switched off.
I suspended the lunch I was preparing, switch off the gas cooker, dressed up like a mad man and made my way out of the house.
I stopped a Keke (tricycle), I even wore my belt and shirt inside the Keke.
When I got to the bank, I went straight to the Bank Manager's office (My new friend), I complained to him. He was mad @ me & blamed me for not calling him to confirm since I have his contact. I also blamed him for not informing me hitherto coz he knows such info & didn't informed me earlier.
He took me to the "Customer Service Unit", I was given a form where I penned down my Acc name & number. They blocked the ATM card & pin immediately.
Still @ the spot, I got a withdrawal alert of #30.000naira, summing it #80,000.
Many people came for same purpose; a lady was lamenting that after giving them her ATM Serial pin, within 30mins, she got an alert that she transferred 200.000 two times i.e 400.000naira. To one Mr Jude Okonta. Then, my anger was lessened, I began to thank God for making me notice on time & acted fastly.
I went outside & test the ATM card and it was blocked truly.
I called back the line, and the man/guy said "Sorry sir, for the inconvenience, we're trying to refund the money but there's poor network. I quickly lay curse upon the man, and gave him 1week to refund my money or he'll meet his waterloo.
How can a student like me lose such amount to nothing good.
Though I'm burning with ANGER & GRUDGES but
I decided to write an article on this, so that none of my friend will fall victim as I did today.
Kindly share this to others.

My names are: Benjamin Zion Arinzechukwu.
{Deo-Gratias}.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by dadee007(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sir, an ATM card is not for everybody. It's for people that can manage it well. Not to sound insulting, How can someonene tell you to call all the digits of your ATM card and you oblige? Even if it is your account officer. SMH.
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»

Read till the end Ooh:
Since last week Wednesday till yesterday, I frequently receive an SMS from this phone number: 234 803 413 8959. and the message read thus:
"Dear Customer, due to the BVN validation in compliance with CBN directives, your ATM card has been deactivated. Call our helpline on 08034138959 now.
My people, at first, I ignored it severally knowing that if truly its from First Bank, the SMS should've bear FIRST BANK name.
Then on Sunday, someone visited my house, so I decided to go withdraw but the ATM machine displayed that I've exceeded 5times of withdrawal which I haven't.
Now, I believed the SMS I got might be from the Bank Manager of the branch where I opened my account @ Onitsha.
Then today, around 12:17pm, I got same SMS and I decided to call because I'll be attending a seminar tomorrow here in Enugu which I need to withdraw money that will aid my transport and other expenses.
When I called, the number picked up & said "This Is FBN helpline, I'm speaking with Mr Benjamin Zion Arinzechukwu" I replied "Yes". He called out my account number & the last two digits of my ATM card. I was shocked then, I now believed it was from First Bank.
Throughout the dialogue, he was calling me Sir, Sir, Sir. I was convinced coz that's how bankers treat customers.
He asked me to call the 19digit pin on my ATM card, which is the Serial number & I dis exactly.
Within 4mins, I got this five code (28506) which I sent back to them as instructed. They told me to call Back after 40mins.
My people, within 25mins, I got an alert of #10.000, five times, which is 50.000naira.
I called back the number & complained; they say, they'll refund the money within the remaining 15mins. That they're testing the pin.
I called a staff @ FBN Onitsha, the branch where I opened the account, her line was switched off.
I suspended the lunch I was preparing, switch off the gas cooker, dressed up like a mad man and made my way out of the house.
When I got to the bank, I went straight to the Bank Manager's office (My new friend), I complained to him. He was mad @ me & blamed me for not calling him to confirm since I have his contact. I also blamed him for not informing me hitherto coz he knows such info & didn't informed me earlier.
He took me to the "Customer Service Unit", I was given a form where I penned down my Acc name & number. They blocked the ATM card & pin immediately.
Many people came for same purpose; a lady was lamenting that after giving them her ATM Serial pin, within 30mins, she got an alert that she transferred 200.000 two times i.e 400.000naira. To one Mr Jude Okonta. Then, my anger was lessened, I began to thank God for making me notice on time & acted fastly.
I called back the line, and the man/guy said "Sorry sir, for the inconvenience, we're trying to refund the money but there's poor network. I quickly lay curse upon the man, and gave him 1week to refund my money or he'll meet his waterloo.
I decided to write an article on this, so that none of my friend will fall victim as I did today.

{Deo-Gratias}.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by akudinaobi(m): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»

Read till the end Ooh:

{Deo-Gratias}.
You called your name here in full that qualified you to be the latest otnodo, you even said you know first bank customer care line don't call with that gsm mobile line yet you where daft to disclose your identity because they call out your name in full
Its ok !!! Dibe oh, ndo don't worry amadioha go spoil there simcard mtcheeew

But you can sue firstbank if you wish hey it will be a legal battle ,there is an intel in the system and 1st bank know of it but they choose to do nothing to stop it
Fbn knows there account holders data base ,the online staffs knows where these money are being moved to, spirit don't autorise transfer made in inter bank exchange, they have the adress of each customer
If am lying pay in 10 million in your savings account and in 3days they will come knocking at your door 6am to know who you are and what you do for a living
Don't use atm recklessly

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by infogenius(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Thank God you have learnt a big lesson.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Stancity(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
eldino44:

can u pls sell me this space grin
Not 4 sale.. cheesy
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Branzy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Those thieves sent me this one
Dear customer, Due to the bvn validation in compliance with cbn bank your ATM CARD has just been de- activated,call our help-line 08108241611 now to re-activate
I feel our police or efcc should track this fraudsters down
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by amtaken(f): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sorry about your loss OP.

God will restore you.

The thief will not know any peace till he refunds you your money within 3 days in Jesus name, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by amuokuko: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»

Read till the end Ooh:

{Deo-Gratias}.

Oga, u sef Dull nii...
At this age, men with brains ain't suppose to fall for such scam..

Advise to GTB account holders:
They now send a debit alert nd ask you to stop such transfer if u did not initiate such by clicking on a link, ur name nah sorry afterward..

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by adedayoadedeji(m): 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»

Read till the end Ooh:

{Deo-Gratias}.

Na wa oooo. I got a similar text message and my response was "You are mad sir" grin grin grin . I no hear from the magga again
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by SweetJoystick(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
eldino44:
"your name is" NOT "your names are" unless u are possessed. Even if you are possessed " your name is legion".
*back to d matter. sorry 4 d lost in this time of hardship. always be careful incase of next time
It's sorry for the loss and not lost, in case not incase....teacher angry

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Mosesoly(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who giving card details out don epp? i dont go out with my main account ATM again,i only go around with the one with stipend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by thurpee(m): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
And you called yourself a student? So sad you fell for this cheap scam.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by 18wheeler: 7:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sorry for your loss Op. But truth is, no bank will ever call you to ask for your card or other details. Banks do not use normal GSM numbers except its your account officer who will introduce himself properly before discussion and if you aren't comfortable you decline the call. I know for sure that on most ATMs the default screen shows information that the bank will never ask of your card or other details. Same information is contained on web pages if you launch for online transactions.Unfortunately, many customers do not read them. In this age of electronic banking one has to be extremely protective of personal information because a little slip could result in huge losses. Another thing is the way customers print reciepts on ATMs and abandon them there. Its a source of basic information on your account for tech savvy fraudsters. Please guard your account information jealously.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by bejeria101(m): 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is the BVN that they wantd to kill us with,the stealing just got easier for the scammers.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by alexlee50: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Empredboy:
»»ALERT ALERT ALERT»»

Read till the end Ooh:

{Deo-Gratias}.
Go and report to EFCC, enugu zonal office, I am sure they should be able to help you
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by edbor(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
sorry op

this happened to me last week, got the message below

DEAR CUSTOMER, Due to our BVN System upgrade your ATM CARD has been De-activated, To Re-activate, Kindly call CBN Customer care 0092348168014369

and my reply

Why don't i send all the digits on my card and my pin so you can reactivate it remotely? Fools oloshi, mumu, hunger will kill all of you for making me waste my airtime idiots.

10 minutes later they sent this again

DEAR CUSTOMER, Due to our BVN System upgrade your ATM CARD has been De-activated, To Re-activate, Kindly call CBN Customer care 0092348168014369

hunger de beat me that day so I just ignored the message.

I actually thought my ATM was deactivated when I first had this encounter, so I stopped using that account for transactions, only to go to my bank when I was free for them to tell me it's false that I should try my card in the machine and truly it did work.

Let's just try to be vigilant, oga slow has made things difficult these idiots are trying to be smart.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by captainjoh(m): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sorry bro the sir, sir, sir is funny
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by oglalasioux(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
The earlier we suspect customer service staff of banks for these acts the better for everyone. No one can pull this off without an inside job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Epathra(f): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
The E-diots also sent me the same sms 6 times in 8 minutes to call MR JOHN on 08145964501 another one sent the same to with the number: 08141215980. Advice is to walk into any bank branch for complains even social handles can be intercepted!

Service providers shld corner these guys fast na!
Y be say na MTN line all of them dey use?
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Otunbagbolagade(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
You are not suppose to divulge your atm card and bank information to anyone via call,email or sms,any person asking you for such information is a fraudster who wants to defraud you.No bank official will ask for the above details including your full card number,please tell your neighbors, families and friends.Apologies for the mishap.
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by Dailyfavour(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
U cannot be wiser than whatever will happen sometimes BUT u make it cheap abaa. Take heart
Re: Beware Of Atm Fraudsters!!! by ife01(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Basic literacy isn't just enough these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Man Baths Lover With Acid For Refusing To Be His 2nd Wife! / School Proprietor Caught Defiling 11-year-old Pupil / Teenager Collapses After Rape By 60- Year-old Lagos Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.