Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81968 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2008
Hi People,

Just wanted to find out who wil be attending the NIPS programme this may
or if anybody has attended the training before?

Thanks ppl
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2008
Hi People,

Just wanted to find out who wil be attending the NIPS programme this may
or if anybody has attended the training before? [quote][/quote]

Yes I have attended before but I somewhat reserve my comment.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 5:34pm On May 02, 2008
Hello Fellow P.A's and Secs. It really a long time. How is work? I welcom all new Members.

MyPeace, please kindly text your Number to me on 08036584845.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:40pm On May 06, 2008
hello my people long time!!

MTNN, has opening for Personal Assistant. Try your luck at www.mtnonline.com. l have applied.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 12:55pm On May 07, 2008
Why should you reserve your comments we are all here to help each other
if its not good that means you will allow ur fellow PA to fall into the same trap
its not fair
TELL ME SO THAT I WONT WASTE MY TIME AND THE COMPANY'S RESOURCES
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 6:11pm On May 07, 2008
@nasirtofa
Please tell us if the stuff didn't worth, let us know for the best of the interested members.

MyPeace thanks for the information. God will help us.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 2:46pm On May 08, 2008
Hi Colleagues,

I don't mean to be mischievous about the NIPS Seminar.

The way they do it is that, they reserve a room in a Hotel - Otta, Lagos, Kaduna, Jos, etc.  That is where they  normally hold the seminar.  Two or three resource persons invited from some other organisations will be the ones to take turn in covering the eight or more topics intended to cover. But don't be supprise if you find yourself among participants of different course (meaning, they can convine two or three courses at the same time - mostly the courses contain similar topics, just change of name).

But actually, they will treat you well, provide you with a very good breakfast and lunch.
You will also meet different people and make friends.  Above all, you will definitely learn one or two things that you are not aware of before.

Hope I am O.K. now.

I wish you luck.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 4:24pm On May 08, 2008
fellow secretaries and PAs, just seeing this forum, can't go through all d pages so i only went through d first page, found it very interesting, thanx to mypeace et al.

please kindly differentiate between a PA and secretary, cozz in my office i'm being refered to as PA and sec. so i'll like to kno d difference. thankx
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:52pm On May 08, 2008
@nasirtofa
thx for that clarification.

tytylayor:

fellow secretaries and PAs, just seeing thid forum, can't go through all d pages so i only went through d first page, found it very interesting, thanx to mypeace et al.

please kindly differentiate between a PA and secretary, cozz in my office i'm being refered to as PA and sec. so i'll like to kno d difference. thankx

u are welcome to the forum.

Most PAs are refered to as PA/Sec, so dont be surprised if you are called the Sec. But the point is that you have a higher responsibility than mere Admin Sec or other departmental Sec. More is entrusted to your hand. One member did justice to the role of a PA if you can read 4-5 pages back.

l want to tell us that there are some PAs who are like Aide, nothing secretarial attached to their duty.

ln summary, any administrative PA can be refered to as a Sec.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 5:24pm On May 08, 2008
@mypeace
thanx

another thing happened today, and as an experienced PA, i want u to tell if i've done d rite thing.

there's dis coy below ours, and d boss is a very close pal to my boss (wen i say very close , i mean very close to my own understanding). so, today a form was brught up to my boss to sign and give dem a reference letter, concerning a property they'r getting, but unfortunately my boss is not arround, so i had to sign onbehalf of my boss, den typed d letter of reference.

my boss is not yet back, so i don't know wat his reaction would be. but tell me av i done d wrong thin or am ok?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:54am On May 09, 2008
l dont know how ur boss would react either, but if l were you, l won't sign the letter neither would l give the reference letter. Personal relationship is quite different from official relationship. Your boss may not be against your action, but giving a reference is like staking your integrity, so it would have been well done by your boss or advised by him.

My action would have been:

1. To collect the doc from them, and keep it till my boss comes back.
2. lf its urgent, l would contact my boss on phone and seek his advice.
3. lf he could not be reached on phone, l will pass the doc to the next snr Manager.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 9:42am On May 09, 2008
1.To collect the doc from them, and keep it till my boss comes back.
2. lf its urgent, l would contact my boss on phone and seek his advice.
3. lf he could not be reached on phone, l will pass the doc to the next snr Manager.

thats exactly what i could have done
cos business is different from pleasure
if his your boss's friend he should know that ur boss is not around
so why bringing the docs in his absence
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 9:49am On May 09, 2008
@ nasirtofa
thanks for the info but there venue for theone i chose is there
secretariat

Well i want to ask this question esp for the married and expectant PAs
1.if u re pregnant and would want to go for maternity leave how will u coordinate
   who will take over from you?
2. Will u inform your boss or take leave?
3. In  your organisation how may months are you entitled to stay at home?
4. When you resume how will you cope with the baby if you have a tight schedule and work far from where
    you reside.

i need this answers to prepare ahead because i just got married and needs o plan ahed . After marriage na belle de follow
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 9:55am On May 09, 2008
1.To collect the doc from them, and keep it till my boss comes back.
2.  lf its urgent, l would contact my boss on phone and seek his advice.

Yes, that is what any reasonable person will have done.  But since you have decided to take that singular action and your Boss is still not back, I think you should find a means of letting him know about your action.  This will allow him to take the necessary step in case  he has an opinion different from yours.  This will save you too.

I hope I am not taking the matter too far.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 10:34am On May 09, 2008
tnx fellas, i got to realise dat after av already done it, but i tink i knw hw to cover up if my boss flared up,
he's bak but not yet in d office, i'll let u know wat next. tnx all
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:59am On May 09, 2008
tytylayor:

tnx fellas, i got to realise that after av already done it, but i think i knw hw to cover up if my boss flared up,
he's bak but not yet in d office, i'll let u know what next. tnx all

my ear is itching grin tongue
no mind me, he may not take it serious,as we are taking it here.

@Chy
lt depends on your kind of office, l don't think u should worry over that, lf you are already up to one year in your office.

in my coy, it is:

3 months  maternity leave, which runs concurrently with your annual leave, meaning no annual leave for you in that year.

After the 3 months, you will either resume 1 hr late or close 1 hr early. so either u resume by 9am instead of 8am or close by 4pm instead of 5pm for another 3months.

none of the secretaries in my office has been on maternity leave, but when am on my annual leave, the Admin secretary combines my work with her and vice versa.

l don't have a baby yet.  But as a worker, its always better to get a  matured house-help (they are necessary evil, whether we believe it or not, a career mom needs them) who will take  care of your baby while u are at work.

l have a friend, who takes her baby to a day-care close to her office, and picks up the baby when she closes from work.  l don't seem to like this arrangement, its a stress on the baby.  shes wakes up by 4am everyday to bath the baby and dress up for work, gets home late to wash the baby's clothes and prepare for  next day.  She said her baby sleeps by 11pm to 12am, which is a lot of stress to the baby even herself.

l think its better to hv a househelp who will take care of the baby, instead of all the stress.  Just my opinion, l may be wrong, since l don't have a baby yet!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 11:30am On May 09, 2008
mypeace, y's ur ear itching

anyway, he's bak n av explained to him, dats all tongue grin
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:38am On May 09, 2008
tytylayor:

mypeace, y's your ear itching

anyway, he's bak n av explained to him, that is all tongue grin

itching to hear his reaction kiss. am glad, he's the carefree type.

cheers!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 4:09pm On May 09, 2008
mypeace, y's your ear itching

anyway, he's bak n av explained to him, that is all

Congratulations. My office will have been query, then suspension, then disciplinary Committee and if you are lucky, a warning letter, if not, a sack letter.

You are lucky men to have a such type of a boss.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 5:21pm On May 09, 2008
nasirtofa:

Congratulations. My office will have been query, then suspension, then disciplinary Committee and if you are lucky, a warning letter, if not, a sack letter.

You are lucky men to have a such type of a boss.

eh yah, my boss is not harsh, and he understands quickly, may be b'cozz he's an older man,
once u can giv d reason for doing wat u did, den u r free
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:59am On May 12, 2008
hello mates,

how was the induction? abeg make una gist us. smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 12:48pm On May 12, 2008
hello mates,

how was the induction? abeg make una gist us

MyPeace, which induction are you referring to?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 12:55pm On May 12, 2008
NIPS May 9, i.e last Saturday induction.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by tytylayor: 1:11pm On May 12, 2008
i's wanted to ask dat too smiley

ok
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 1:48pm On May 12, 2008
MyPeace:

NIPS May 9, i.e last Saturday induction.

yeah the induction,

its quite unfortunate that i could not be there. my boss was just unnecessarily naughty, anyways i forgive him

but i called the DG on Friday to inform him i wasnt attending and he promised to send all the materials including my certificate, i really felt bad missing the whole stuff, i believe all things work together for good too.

i think we need to wait patiently for gentledove, she promised going for the induction.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 3:21pm On May 12, 2008
ooh girl! l feel u      angry
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 9:30am On May 13, 2008
Congrats to those who participated in the Induction. How was the programme. Gist us
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 10:23am On May 13, 2008
Mypeace, how you dey?

I was thinking you wd attend the Induction so that you'll share the full gist with us.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:37am On May 13, 2008
Hi Teena, long time! hows is work?

l made it clear that l wont register for now, may be later. Na de Masters program dey my mind for this year!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 10:58am On May 13, 2008
Work is ok Mypeace, am working on something that is taking most of my time now.

Yes, you said you were not going to register with NIPS yet, but I thought someone could just go and witness the Induction as a guest wink

Anyway, am happy you have made up your mind for your Masters programme this year, may God see you through and grant you success.

Takia.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:11am On May 13, 2008
teena:

Work is ok Mypeace, am working on something that is taking most of my time now.

Yes, you said you were not going to register with NIPS yet, but I thought someone could just go and witness the Induction as a guest wink

Anyway, am happy you have made up your mind for your Masters programme this year, may God see you through and grant you success.

Takia.

lt would have been a good one, l didnt think of it.

Thanks for your pray. l also pray Unilag gives me admission, l learnt they consider their students first.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Sophiatiq: 10:37am On May 14, 2008
Hi, am a Marketing Executive and am compelled to drop Proprosals for the attention of CEOs and Corporate Heads. Believe me its not fun when you are told that the MD is not on seat or too busy. I have also worked as a Secretary and what I try to do then is be as honest as I can, Something like " its probable that my boss may not be interested in this but if you insist I'll still deliver this to him". Or again I can direct the person to someone who can be of assistance.
I think we just have to keep in mind that no one job is easier than the other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.