Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81966 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 26, 2009
Mypeace i say a very big thank you for your concern towards my request, have done what u asked me to do so am waiting for the feedback
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2009
deleted
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2009
in need of a replacement in my office.

Secretary/P.A

- A Graduate HND or University Degree in any social science

- At least 3 years work experience as a Personal Assistant

- Preferably single

- Be ready to work with 3 directors

- Saturday work

- Reasonable Salary

- An organized structure

send your CV before ending of this week
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2009
Aladunni:

in need of a replacement in my office.

Secretary/P.A

- A Graduate HND or University Degree in any social science

- At least 3 years work experience as a Personal Assistant

- Preferably single

- Be ready to work with 3 directors

- Saturday work

- Reasonable Salary

- An organized structure

send your CV before ending of this week

still waiting

NB: salary between 45 - 50k
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by marami: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2009
Onyii4j and modupsie,

From this thread I understand you were employed not based on what you studied. How was that possible?

Can i have your mail addresses, i need to discussion something confidential with you. This is my mail address megiszo@yahoo.com.

Please I really need to discuss with you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by marami: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2009
MyPeace:

Anderline, are you experienced? how many years experience do you hv as a secretary. l hv someone who is in need of an experienced OND holder as a PA. reply urgently b4 its late.

Please can i also apply for this, iam interested. Mail address: megiszo@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2009
Aladunni:

still waiting

NB: salary between 45 - 50k

When do u resume and close on saturday?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2009

mypeace,
dont tell me u want to change job again? undecided
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2009
beau1:

mypeace,
dont tell me u want to change job again? undecided

hahahaha, no dear, by God's grace l don over pass that salary range of job. But am asking so that pple will know what they are into before sending CVs., saturday jobs are not always funny.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by jcyinka(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2009
@MYpeace,

After reading your thread I kind of got fascinated to ask you question considering your wealth of experience on the job.
Does one's discipline play a vital role in taking up the job of a PA?
Is it open to all as long as you have a strong passion to perform you duties diligently?
What are organizational views regarding recruitment as PA's?

Thanks so much as you attend to this.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2009
jcyinka:

@MYpeace,

After reading your thread I kind of got fascinated to ask you question considering your wealth of experience on the job.
Does one's discipline play a vital role in taking up the job of a PA?
Is it open to all as long as you have a strong passion to perform you duties diligently?
What are organizational views regarding recruitment as PA's?

Thanks so much as you attend to this.

l welcome you to our humble forum.

Reading the thread, you can decipher my wealth of experience, however, l started working as a receptionist in a one man biz before l gained admission and continued in the same field after graduation, having studied Business Education (Secretarial Admin. major)

These days, people from other professions are employed as Sec/PAs as long as they have what it takes to do the job.

Organisations want mostly applicants from social science courses, strong computer skill, human relation skills and organisational skills. This is for Administrative secretaries or personnal Assistants . There are some PAs who are not into admin stuff.

However, every profession has rules (dos and donts) which only the trained professionals know. lf l see a typed document, mere looking at it, l wil know whether its typed by a trained secretary or just anybody that learned to use computer. We know the secret of the profession!!. Sure if you have the interest you can be one of us.

tongue
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
MyPeace:

hahahaha, no dear, by God's grace l don over pass that salary range of job. But am asking so that pple will know what they are into before sending CVs., saturday jobs are not always funny.

madam did you get there in one day?

anyways someone from onyii got the job, she is sitting right beside me now.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2009
Aladunni:

madam did you get there in one day?

anyways someone from onyii got the job, she is sitting right beside me now.

ooh no dear, sure l paid the dues!!! l cant forget the days of little begining, they sure laid the foundation for today!

And thanks alot, am the ONYII - my friend got the job! she resumed on Monday.  Thanks alot!!

So you are still there - (thought you got a new job),  you must be a Snr PA ooo!!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by onyii4j(f): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2009
marami:

Onyii4j and modupsie,

From this thread I understand you were employed not based on what you studied. How was that possible?

Can i have your mail addresses, i need to discussion something confidential with you. This is my mail address megiszo@yahoo.com.

Please I really need to discuss with you.

Sorry i ve bn out of the forum 4 such a long time, straight 2 wat you asked , my dear anything is possible in Nigeria these days, afterall most people that work in banks didnt study any of the financial courses in the university. University education in Nigeria in my own opinion, more or less, serves as a stepping stone in one's career building. Some trained medical doctors end up being fashion designers, what matters is one's passion, drive, interests and determination to succeed, as well as satisfaction in their chosen career.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mrlizo: 2:07am On Feb 26, 2009
Then you need to, check out;
WWW.WEB20MILLIONS.COM/ID/WEALTHCREATION
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by marami: 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2009
onyii4j:

Sorry i ve bn out of the forum 4 such a long time, straight 2 wat you asked , my dear anything is possible in Nigeria these days, afterall most people that work in banks didnt study any of the financial courses in the university. University education in Nigeria in my own opinion, more or less, serves as a stepping stone in one's career building. Some trained medical doctors end up being fashion designers, what matters is one's passion, drive, interests and determination to succeed, as well as satisfaction in their chosen career.

Thanks for your response.

Let me give you a picture of my career path.

I actual studied computer science OND, did my advance diploma still in computer science and had MCP (Microsoft Certified Partners). Got my Advance Diploma and MCP while working in a private firm as a secretary for about 11 yrs now, but my dear the salary is nothing to write home about. I feel shy disclosing this to people that was why i requested you mail me, so we can discuss thru that media. With the liitle i have told you now i will appreciate if you could advice/suggest on how I can get a better job. I very good on the job, but have not gotten the opportunity of working in a WELL organised establishment. Please i realy need you advice.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
Please i need help
Can u guys help me out with some roles or innovative ideas a
PA can incklude to his performance objective or apparsial sheet thanks
its urgent
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Jiokeh(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2009
Wow! All the while I've been on Nairaland, this is the most interesting, most advanced, most helpful & most family-styled thread I hav come across on NL. No bickerings, No self aggrandizement, No lofty demeanor. I feel like becoming a PA. MyPeace, you have just proved to be what the second sylable of ur handle said. "Peace". Keep keeping it real & putting smiles & confidence on the faces of the generation-now. This is a HAPPY FAMILY.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mrlizo: 4:33am On Apr 02, 2009
checkout; www.web20millions.com , its just what you have been looking for
wealthcreation40@yahoo
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by onyii4j(f): 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
marami:

Thanks for your response.

Let me give you a picture of my career path.

I actual studied computer science OND, did my advance diploma still in computer science and had MCP (Microsoft Certified Partners). Got my Advance Diploma and MCP while working in a private firm as a secretary for about 11 yrs now, but my dear the salary is nothing to write home about. I feel shy disclosing this to people that was why i requested you mail me, so we can discuss thru that media. With the liitle i have told you now i will appreciate if you could advice/suggest on how I can get a better job. I very good on the job, but have not gotten the opportunity of working in a WELL organised establishment. Please i realy need you advice.

Thanks and God bless.

Hi Marami, sorry about my tardy response, i ve been quite busy, well i must say i am impressed by your qualifications. Well it is so sad to know that you are being short-paid as a secretary, i ve come to understand that some establishments especially the private sectors, do not attach much importance to the secretarial position hence the inability to pay handsomely. Though it depends on the kind of establishment, as there are some private organisations that know the importance of a secretary in their establishments and so elevate their pay package. Well i must encourage you to keep working in your firm and check on newspapers for adverts on experienced secretarial positions and i also advice that you go back to school and complete your HND or get a direct entry into a university and gain a B.Arts. At least that would give a boost on your CV. I would always notify you if i see some interesting adverts on the position.

sssCheers and keep on keeping on
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Motee(f): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
Please can anyone forward any up-coming secretarial training most likely coming up around Lagos to this forum. Also, from what have learnt from you all, the training has to do with ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY. Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2009
MyPeace:

ooh no dear, sure l paid the dues!!! l cant forget the days of little begining, they sure laid the foundation for today!

And thanks alot, am the ONYII - my friend got the job! she resumed on Monday. Thanks alot!!

So you are still there - (thought you got a new job), you must be a Snr PA ooo!!!

@MyPeace

Of course i understand that too, I left the job o, i married and relocated to my hubby's base. I got a new job that successfully shortlived my honeymoon, lol. Take care y'all
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:59pm On May 06, 2009
Aladunni:

@MyPeace

Of course i understand that too, I left the job o, i married and relocated to my hubby's base. I got a new job that successfully shortlived my honeymoon, lol. Take care y'all

Thats good!! HAPPY MARRIED LIFE DEAR. your work oooo, honeymoon no dey finish. Congrats for the new job.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by marami: 3:33pm On May 08, 2009
onyii4j:

Hi Marami, sorry about my tardy response, i ve been quite busy, well i must say i am impressed by your qualifications. Well it is so sad to know that you are being short-paid as a secretary, i ve come to understand that some establishments especially the private sectors, do not attach much importance to the secretarial position hence the inability to pay handsomely. Though it depends on the kind of establishment, as there are some private organisations that know the importance of a secretary in their establishments and so elevate their pay package. Well i must encourage you to keep working in your firm and check on newspapers for adverts on experienced secretarial positions and i also advice that you go back to school and complete your HND or get a direct entry into a university and gain a B.Arts. At least that would give a boost on your CV. I would always notify you if i see some interesting adverts on the position.

sssCheers and keep on keeping on

Thanks so much onyii.

Please this is my mail address, should you find some interesting adverts on secretarial position. megiszo@yahoo.com
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by onyii4j(f): 5:30pm On May 14, 2009
Hi Marami, hope u re okay . I just stumbled on this advert on , check it out;

URGENT! SECRETARY WANTED
« on: Today at 04:24:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fast growing company requires a smart, Experienced,hard working, self-motivated and goal oriented personnel to fill the position of a SECRETARY.

LOCATIONS: IKEJA, GBAGADA, MARYLAND, KETU, OJOTA, BARIGA

QUALIFICATION: OND, Secretarial Administration.

Experience: 2 yrs & above.

Application to be submitted to: secjobpart3@yahoo.com

Application Deadline: May 19, 2009

Pls note that only qualified candidates that meet the above requirement shall be shortlisted and contacted.

ope u re online today, so you could apply b4 the advert expires. Take care
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by uteh: 11:38am On May 22, 2009
Hi all, i stumbled on this area of Nairaland while browsing. I am also a Secretary in an insurance company. The way some of you talk about your jobs, its making me rethink on my plan to to make a career change.

I have been in this company for the past 8 years and the job is honestly not interesting. Although I have always been a secretary to one management staff or the other, Other than running errands, replying correspondences once in a while, I dont do any other thing. This is the same for every other management secretaries here. I find it quite unchallenging and it makes the job boring, although the salary is not bad.

I have a professional certfificate from CIA and also Bsc in Business Admin, although I have not collected my result yet. I was thinking of looking for a more challenging job i.e moving away from the secretarial profession totally. What do you guys think. MyPeace thanks for starting up this thread, its very educative.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by uteh: 11:41am On May 22, 2009
Hi all, i stumbled on this area of Nairaland while browsing.  I am also a Secretary in an insurance company.  The way some of you talk about your jobs, its making me rethink on my plan to to make a career change.

I have been in this company for the past 8 years and the job is honestly not interesting.  Although I have always been a secretary to one management staff or the other, presently am the PA to a Director.  Other than running errands, replying correspondences once in a while, I dont do any other thing.  This is the same for every other management secretaries here.  I find it quite unchallenging and it makes the job boring, although the salary is not bad.

I have a professional certfificate from CIA and also Bsc in Business Admin, although I have not collected my result yet.  I was thinking of looking for a more challenging job i.e moving away from the secretarial profession totally.  What do you guys think.  MyPeace thanks for starting up this thread, its very educative.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 5:53pm On May 27, 2009
Happy Democracy Day to SEC/PA. What is happening ooo? Pls let's come back to the forum.

@Ute, It depends on what you want in life but, pls I will advise that before quiting from any job make sure you have gotten another one. As I said earlier you know what you want. if challenging job or the pay, as you said that the pay it ok, it's when you answer this question that you will be able to take decision.
G/luck
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by slimslim: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2009
Hi all, feel compel to reply Uteh's post.

I like your courage. If you still have the opportunity, improve more educationally, if for anything, it will improve your skill on the present job and make you the ones being sought after.

So my friend, let’s continue to work and pray.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ronkeenuf(f): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hello to all secretaries and P.A.s in the house, I'm currently working as a P.A. to someone in a well to do organisation. It's my first working experience and therefore my first time being a P.A. My boss is very understanding but then I'll like to impress her. Could anyone please give me the basics of being a P.A. in order not to mess up my opportunity here cos I'm getting to like the whole set-up. Thank you wink
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ronkeenuf(f): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
I'm sorry I sent the first post without reading the thread from the begining, now I'm getting the gist. Great job @mypeace, really great job wink
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2009
Good day wonderful PA's, am so sorry for the long silence and not responding to any trends lately. I must confess that after my promotion in January to a Retail Marketing Manager and also a PA, things have beenvery tough here in the office, but i have been talking not regularly with Mypeace and some other wonderful PA's i have added to my yahoo messenger.

We all should begin to look inward and try and get something started for our own even if it's just a small business. Just in case anyone of you require help in updating your CV and writing a Resume or Cover Letter, please contact me because this is what i do for part time while still working as a PA. My email addy is tfunbi2001@yahoo.com

Anyway, to the new members i say a big welcome and to my fellow PA's and Secretaries i say keep the flag flying and am certain things would work out for us all. We shall be promoted in due time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.