Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81965 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 10:45am On May 14, 2008
Hi Teena, long time! hows is work?

l made it clear that l wont register for now, may be later. Na de Masters program dey my mind for this year!

MyPeace, I wish you and all those colleagues intending to enroll a success.

But MyPeace, will they admit you direct to Masters without going through a Post Graduate Diploma? I have to go through a PGD before I got mine.

Anyway, I wish you luck.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:36am On May 14, 2008
nasirtofa:

But MyPeace, will[b] they admit you direct to Masters without going through a Post Graduate Diploma[/b]? I have to go through a PGD before I got mine.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Yes, l have already made equiry. However, l went to a Uni , not Poly (Read Business Education (Secretarial Major).

Where did you do ur masters? congrats on that!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 12:59pm On May 14, 2008
nasirtofa:

But MyPeace, will they admit you direct to Masters without going through a Post Graduate Diploma? I have to go through a PGD before I got mine.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Ya! if you have BSc or B. Ed with good grade you dont need to do PGD before Master.
But for those of us with HND, PGD is mandatory unless you have some other Professional qualification (s) acceptable in some schools.

@mypeace, dont panic, UNILAG do consider there students first just like any other school but that should not discourage you, I believe they will have enough quota for others, though they do give prefrence to some schools first as well as result.
Anyhow, just press your button well wink

Goodluck!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 2:16pm On May 14, 2008
teena l no get any human button ooo!! l only depend on God. l hope to pass the extrance exam well. l learnt its based on current affairs, hmmm, God will help me!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 3:30pm On May 14, 2008
Yes, l have already made equiry. However, l went to a Uni , not Poly (Read Business Education (Secretarial Major).

Where did you do your masters? congrats on that!

I see! once again, I wish you luck.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 6:55pm On May 16, 2008
MyPeace, I love your faith keep it up.  God is only button I believe we should press and he will never fail.  He will see you through. I received your text and called but no answer I will call again.

Teena Welcome back. I hope what you are working for is for good? How is work and family? God will see you through.

Happy weekend to all.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 10:45am On May 28, 2008
Hi Colleagues

Where are you people? Are you all O.K.?

Please keep this forum alive.

Where are those who attended the induction ceremony NIPS. Please gist us.
We want to know what happened there.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Spicys: 6:51pm On May 28, 2008
waoh ,i ve learnt so much from this forum,am a personal assistant,am young on d job but am learning new things everyday.
i learnt a lot from the comments.
do u know one funny thing about working as a pa/secretary,a lot of pple see it as an easy job to do,wot is in making tea and recieving calls they say,d job is more dan dat ,its about understanding who you are working wit ,no two bosses are alike,even if u ve used 10 yrs on d job once u move to anoda comapny as a pa ,u wld nid to start learning about ur boss and ur environment.

is there anything wrong in closing before your boss? i go home before my boss that is between 7 and 8pm,he doesnt complain but d pple in my office always say y do u always live your boss in d office,like as if am doing something terrible,must i sleep in d office before they know am working,av worked late in dat office 4 but i dont think i can do that anymore
lol
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
Hello Every1,

hmmmmmmmmmm, u guys av 4gotten me ha! na wa oh!!!.

mypeace, teena, n our new friends hw re we all?

i've been off due to work n our network was down 4 a while.
so watsup? abeg i missed d admission stuff mypeace. am stil interested in unilag for my pgd bt i was told dat noting like dat anymore. pls gist me more on it.

here my email addy: macimee@yahoo.com

tnx
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2008
Spicy s

welcome to d group. It is actually nt too rite 4 a PA to leave d office b4 the boss, because anyting can come up dat might need ur attention. and if u do av an assistant attached to you, then u re covered if nt, is really nt rite. most boss dnt find it funny.

all i can say is dat u shldnt abuse it any1, try and balance such privilege just apply wisdom.

It can only get better!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2008
Lady M:

Hello Every1,

hmmmmmmmmmm, u guys av 4gotten me ha! na wa oh!!!.

mypeace, teena, n our new friends hw re we all?

i've been off due to work n our network was down 4 a while.
so watsup? abeg i missed d admission stuff mypeace. am stil interested in unilag for my pgd bt i was told that noting like that anymore. please gist me more on it.

here my email addy: macimee@yahoo.com

tnx

hello dear, welcome back.

Unilag still run PGD programs, don't know where u got your info,.  if you check guardian newpaper of April 28, 2008, u will see some advertised pdg programs.  however, they have stopped selling form for this year.  deadline for submission of completed application form is june 9.  am yet to submit, pray to submit by this friday.

Nothing more to gist, till l get the admission, then l can gist more.  the extrance exam is June 30 for MPA  am applying for.

@Spciy s

l go home before my boss, but she is the one to tell me to go, l don't just go on my own.  As a secretary/PA, u go home when your boss asks u to go, not just at your own discretion.  But if he doesnt complain - means hes through with u for that day, closing 7-8pm mmh!!, its late oo! My boss asks me to go between 5.30 to 6pm, and she goes latest 6.30pm.  Note, on some rare occasions l close by 8pm, and l donot grudge at such times!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2008
mypeace, do u av an idea hw much is thier fees?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2008
Mypeace, the mtnonline site u gave is nt going tru
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2008
@LadyM

l learnt for my program with 200k you will pay all the fees for the two sessions. i.e school fees for the two sessions, l think 75k each session, plus acceptance fee and other minor fees. the first session shd be about 120k and the last session about 80k.

Copy and paste the mtn link on the browser it should be able to open, however, the PA position has expired so it has been removed from their website.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2008
Hi Fellow PAs , i attended one of the NIPS seminars well it was ok at least
any training is not a waste of time.
Thanks to this forum, it has really helped.
I have an Issue, assuming one needs to to go for leave and the next person to you is
just an office assistant and above you is a junior manager who do i hand over everything to
so as not to have problem when i come back
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2008
Hi Chy

lf this would be ur first time of going on leave, discuss with your HR. He/she would guide u better.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2008
Hi Mypeace,

gudmorn every1, pls i need a fone number of Philip Consultant coy pls tnx
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2008
@LadyM
this is their contact info

Nigeria
4th Floor, UBA House,
57 Marina, Lagos,
Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (01) 7730647, 2703667, 2702278, 2643111, 2665469
Fax: +234 (01) 2665263
Email:info@phillipsconsulting.net
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2008
hi mates!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2008
hi mypeace tnx alot.

hw re u? did u c d rain of y'day?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2008
hi mates!!

Hi MyPeace, how the job? Hope things are okay.

hw re u? did u c d rain of y'day?

Lady M, was the rain so heavy in Lagos on 18/6 or where? I hope no damage or any unwanted situtation?.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by obybabe(f): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
nasirtofa:

Hi Colleagues

Where are you people? Are you all O.K.?

Please keep this forum alive.

Hi "Secretary or (Personal Assistant)"
Hail to u all.

Pleased enough to come in contact with this forum of fellow intelligent and professional colleagues,  I am grateful to you all. I remembered when I was in campus we do call our colleagues "Learned Colleagues".

Gone through all your ideas, contributions and suggestions on how to assist one another in one buhaha or the other.  I am glad.

I am impressed especially on the ethical and moral aspect of exercising secretarial functions, the facts and tricks about the profession was enlisted and I know as it has been intimated to all, one can ascertain her stand as a professional secretary and endeavour to amend where she feels she is not standing.

Secondly, I am highly concerned with all your experiences as a Secretary or Personal Assistant to your different bosses in your various offices. You know there is a saying that experience is the best teacher.  When you undergo all these scenario of exposures, I strongly believe that nothing can push or shake you around in exercising your duty without fear or tremble no matter the treat on ground.

Cheers and keep it up till we meet again on this forum cool cheesy
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2008
hello friends

long time!!

just wanna tell u guys that God has given me another wonderful job. l got the job through narialand job section. l never knew it works!. Through that l got to understand that many consultants come to nairaland to recruit for their clients. l say a big thank you to nairaland!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
MyPeace,

I thank God for you. I am much delighted to hear that, May the good Lord give you the divine wisdom that you will need
through out your stay with your new job.

Yes, your effort will never be in vain. He will continue to lift you high.

Congrats .
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2008
Angelmart, thx alot.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
MyPeace:

hello friends

long time!!

just want to tell u guys that God has given me another wonderful job. l got the job through narialand job section. l never knew it works!. Through that l got to understand that many consultants come to nairaland to recruit for their clients. l say a big thank you to nairaland!!

that is a great news O

Thank God for you, may the good lord grant you more blessings in the new job.

CONGRATULOBIA
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
tx dear
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2008
hello mypeace,
CONGRATULATIONS on ur new job. Make the best out of it. Ur boss will miss o cheesy cheesy
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
beau1 thax alot. we hvnt seen u for a long time, hope all is well. the job is so challenging, and salary is cool, but it may affect my proposed masters program, because of my closing time and holdups. l work at v/i (l join staff bus though) but holdup is something else. Am thinking of another alternative to the masters for now, know l wont cope - seems l just wasted money and time on the form and entrance exam l took. Am thinking of LASU (but l hate lasu with passion) they run their programs on saturday - sunday.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2008
hi mypeace, i think wat's important is being in ur dream job with a pay dat can actually take u home. u know wat i mean tongue. i dont think u wasted ur time n effort - u just added to ur experience portfolio. only the person dat never tries is the one dat we can associate WASTE with. it happened to me too. as per lasu, if it favors u, pls go for it. some of these things na 'bogus names'. wats important in life is to be rightly positioned and to have God's favor, if u have these, ur disadvantage will become an advantage and a plus!

do hv a lovely day, cheers!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
u are right dear. l took the job based on the pay. l knew it wont favour the program right from inception. l f l reject it for the masters, l might finish masters without getting a job to that equivalent. l will make more inquiry on lasu. thx alot.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by obybabe(f): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
Mypeace, congratulation on ur new right choice job.
I believe u are in the place God want u to be at the appointed time.

As for ur master programme u can still do it. If Unilag does not favour with this job, cool down and think of another institution to favour u. Remember u are the architect of ur life.

Remember good portfolio better job opportunity, MBA is just an advantage to it.

God u took u there wl grant u d grace for decision smiley Amen.

I am just happy for u, and I believe He will lift-us all high to our best job destinations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.