Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice (25834 Views)

How Ibrahim Idris Disobeyed Buhari’s Order On Benue Crisis / I'm Not Afraid - FFK Reacts To Buhari's Order To Clampdown On Social Media Posts / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Fabrolistic: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2016
omenka:

How many times did you people's god deploy troops in 8hrs to anywhere?? On Chibok, the goat on hearing the news, sat back and drank ogogoro for two weeks before acknowledging anything had happened, then he waited another 3months to deploy troops after some 16year old Pakistani kid went to scold some sense into him.

are you that silli
If you claim the chibok saga wasn't a drama, what stoped the moronic bornu state gorvenor from reporting to the president about the incident. Just take a look at ugwuanyi, how long did he wait before taking to aso rock
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by binarykid(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2016
before u know it now... u wee hear that sharkcow has been smuggled to Enugu state.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:
[b]Unfortunately, the 'Fulani herdsmen' issue has been around since OBJs government as I remember. That was when the grading reserve bill reared its head.

The issue is that the Fulani's have been migrating further south due to the encroachment of the Sahara desert over the years. Their gradual southward migration has led to more interaction with farming tribes of the middle belt and southern Nigeria and with this comes violence as they struggle to grab more land for their cattle. Some don't even return to the north anymore.

The issue like many of Nigeria's issue is a complex one and needs both short and long term solutions. Just like corruption, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militancy, fuel scarcity, lack of electricity, unemployment, herdsmen attacks are all symptoms of a non functional country.

I await to see how the current government will address the issue on the long run because unleashing soldiers on the hersdsmen is a short term solution (same for Niger Delta militancy and Boko Haram). That won't be enough.

As for OP, he is just reacting emotionally to an issue that requires a lot of level headed thinking. Any political analyste worth his weight knows that supporting PDP or APC is not even the issue here. Buhari's reaction if you're following the developments now is even swifter than GEJ against Boko Haram calling them his brothers. More people were dying daily that period

Two wrongs cannot be mutually justified and no death from violence can ever be proven worthy so partisanship is not what we should be taking about.

We should be focused on how to get to a mlre feasile solution. I'm my head, don't see how the grazing reserve wil work unless the 19 northern states come.together and agree on how to manage the reserves with staes have the final eight to opt-in or out of the reserves.

Such optional reserves will force the Fulani to become less nomadic and more domesticated thereby increasing the likelihood that he will look into alternative means of growing feed for his cattle. That should should lead to better interactions with Farmers who can sell him hay or feedstock and to modernisation of cattle rearing practises.

Just like the oil spills in the ND, soil erosion in the SE, the desertification of the North is a disaster that needs to be tackled.

Others may have better ideas. Please bring them on. APC vs PDP is not the solution.
[/b]

One of the best posts I've seen on Nairaland. Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:
[b]Unfortunately, the 'Fulani herdsmen' issue has been around since OBJs government as I remember. That was when the grading reserve bill reared its head.

The issue is that the Fulani's have been migrating further south due to the encroachment of the Sahara desert over the years. Their gradual southward migration has led to more interaction with farming tribes of the middle belt and southern Nigeria and with this comes violence as they struggle to grab more land for their cattle. Some don't even return to the north anymore.

The issue like many of Nigeria's issue is a complex one and needs both short and long term solutions. Just like corruption, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militancy, fuel scarcity, lack of electricity, unemployment, herdsmen attacks are all symptoms of a non functional country.

I await to see how the current government will address the issue on the long run because unleashing soldiers on the hersdsmen is a short term solution (same for Niger Delta militancy and Boko Haram). That won't be enough.

As for OP, he is just reacting emotionally to an issue that requires a lot of level headed thinking. Any political analyste worth his weight knows that supporting PDP or APC is not even the issue here. Buhari's reaction if you're following the developments now is even swifter than GEJ against Boko Haram calling them his brothers. More people were dying daily that period

Two wrongs cannot be mutually justified and no death from violence can ever be proven worthy so partisanship is not what we should be taking about.

We should be focused on how to get to a mlre feasile solution. I'm my head, don't see how the grazing reserve wil work unless the 19 northern states come.together and agree on how to manage the reserves with staes have the final eight to opt-in or out of the reserves.

Such optional reserves will force the Fulani to become less nomadic and more domesticated thereby increasing the likelihood that he will look into alternative means of growing feed for his cattle. That should should lead to better interactions with Farmers who can sell him hay or feedstock and to modernisation of cattle rearing practises.

Just like the oil spills in the ND, soil erosion in the SE, the desertification of the North is a disaster that needs to be tackled.

Others may have better ideas. Please bring them on. APC vs PDP is not the solution.
[/b]

Gosh must u mention gej,did he steal ur wife,as long as ur type still exist we can't move forward.u claiming d op politicize everything,but u campaignize everything.watsup with u hausa people u guys need to stop being a bigot

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by sweetgala(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2016
luvinhubby:
I am tempted to call this Buhari man 'lanky old fool' but let me wait.

Could not deploy security in 8hrs to Uzo-Uwani to prevent Fulani herdsmen attack, but did that in 1hr to forestall reprisal attack from the youths.

Is Buhari not mad?

Buhari does not have the duty of security personnel deployment, that rests with the Buratai, GOC 82nd division and CP of Enugu ands Arase. There are over 750 LGA in Nigeria and the president can't be babysitting them all. Nigerians need to accept their lots of responsibility.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by omenka(m): 9:47am On Apr 28, 2016
Fabrolistic:

are you that silli
If you claim the chibok saga wasn't a drama, what stoped the moronic bornu state gorvenor from reporting to the president about the incident. Just take a look at ugwuanyi, how long did he wait before taking to aso rock
You believe Chibok is a drama, yet don't believe what happened in Enugu was a clash between some rival groups.

By the way, if it was just a "drama" and your ex-president kept looking for them and deploying some miserly resources to locate them after Malala scolded him into action, doesn't that then make him such a mighty fool as people think

Abeg face front jor. You lot bore me no end.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by hausameat: 9:52am On Apr 28, 2016
Yomieluv:
i totally agree with you

till we put aside our politically difference,and unite. achievement will continue to be a mirage..

thrash rubbish
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Chukazu: 9:54am On Apr 28, 2016
the same president that jumped in to commiserate with France over the PARIS TERROR ATTACKS within hours, has not been able to make a meaningful statement even weeks after fellow Nigerians have been slaughtered all over the country

what hypocricy!
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by AminuRano87(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2016
Let's not be deceived, the directive is simply to prevent reprisal attacks. Quote there'll be more unhindered attacks by herdsmen while any reprisal will be ruthlessly suppressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by paschu: 10:01am On Apr 28, 2016
kumakunta:

Memuna, if we are to take into consideration numbers before looking at government intervention, then I must say the herdsmen haven't done enough.

Why must I share same nationality with cold-hearted folks like you?
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by AAAdam(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2016
During Jonathan's regime northern were vital complaint of the Fulani's attacks but you sit and turn deep ears and regards the issue as internal crises. the day Jonathan go to Katsina state nothing less than 20 people lost their lives in Faskari local gov't of the same Katsina has he sent Condelence message during the rally? No. we are also victim of the acts. I'm justifying the menace but you should bear in mind that others have faced the some and your brother 'Jonathan' did nothing.

You always accused Fulani for the attacks in community, pls what do you have to prove it? Even though they are, are they from Nigeria or neighborhoods?
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by AAAdam(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2016
AAAdam:
During Jonathan's regime northern were vital complaint of the Fulani's attacks but you sit and turn deep ears and regards the issue as internal crises. the day Jonathan go to Katsina state nothing less than 20 people lost their lives in Faskari local gov't of the same Katsina has he sent Condelence message during the rally? No. we are also victim of the acts. I'm justifying the menace but you should bear in mind that others have faced the some and your brother 'Jonathan' did nothing.

You always accused Fulani for the attacks in your community, pls what do you have to prove it? Even though they are, are they from Nigeria or neighborhoods?
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by TheHumanist(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:
Unfortunately, the 'Fulani herdsmen' issue has been
around since OBJs government as I remember. That was
when the grading reserve bill reared its head.
The issue is that the Fulani's have been migrating further
south due to the encroachment of the Sahara desert over
the years. Their gradual southward migration has led to
more interaction with farming tribes of the middle belt
and southern Nigeria and with this comes violence as
they struggle to grab more land for their cattle. Some
don't even return to the north anymore.
The issue like many of Nigeria's issue is a complex one
and needs both short and long term solutions. Just like
corruption, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militancy, fuel
scarcity, lack of electricity, unemployment, herdsmen
attacks are all symptoms of a non functional country.
I await to see how the current government will address
the issue on the long run because unleashing soldiers on
the hersdsmen is a short term solution (same for Niger
Delta militancy and Boko Haram). That won't be enough.
As for OP, he is just reacting emotionally to an issue
that requires a lot of level headed thinking. Any political
analyste worth his weight knows that supporting PDP or
APC is not even the issue here. Buhari's reaction if
you're following the developments now is even swifter
than GEJ against Boko Haram calling them his brothers.
More people were dying daily that period
Two wrongs cannot be mutually justified and no death
from violence can ever be proven worthy so partisanship
is not what we should be taking about.
We should be focused on how to get to a mlre feasile
solution. I'm my head, don't see how the grazing reserve
wil work unless the 19 northern states come.together and
agree on how to manage the reserves with staes have the
final eight to opt-in or out of the reserves.
Such optional reserves will force the Fulani to become
less nomadic and more domesticated thereby increasing
the likelihood that he will look into alternative means of
growing feed for his cattle. That should should lead to
better interactions with Farmers who can sell him hay or
feedstock and to modernisation of cattle rearing
practises.
Just like the oil spills in the ND, soil erosion in the SE,
the desertification of the North is a disaster that needs to
be tackled.
Others may have better ideas. Please bring them on.
APC vs PDP is not the solution.

this is the most mature comment I have read since I joined Nairaland. I don't think I have ever posted a comment or replied to anything here.... but this got me humbled...

it's not an APC nor PDP thing.... it's A NIGERIAN ISSUE.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by deflover(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2016
so his speaking out or rather selfie with the governor will stop the killing....fools protect yourself....jihadist don't talk peace
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Zamzamiu: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2016
[quote author=nonsoroyalty post=45107258]buhari can't do anything to his
brothers
Ftc[/quote
If you are to be taken seriously, why did he stop sale of FX to Bureaux de Change? Why was his blossom friend and APC chieftain, Jafaru Isa, arrested by the EFCC and made to return money he collected from Dasuki?
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by vickylincon(m): 10:23am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]
God will bless you bro. I wish people can see this, please try to write on this on every post. thanks

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by paschu: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2016
sweetgala:

Buhari does not have the duty of security personnel deployment, that rests with the Buratai, GOC 82nd division and CP of Enugu ands Arase. There are over 750 LGA in Nigeria and the president can't be babysitting them all. Nigerians need to accept their lots of responsibility.

You are a chronic LIAR. Stop misleading people here please. Buhari is the one with the ultimate authority and (in effect) DUTY to mobilize the state forces to the crisis area. That's why he's called the COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES. But in the case of Enugu massacre he refused to do the needful. Therefore one can say that he consciously created room for the attack.

Here's the reported timeline of the Enugu governor's FRUSTRATED effort to PREVENTING the attack.
PapaBrowne:
I saw this on Facebook.... I cant verify. So judge for yourselves

1. Governor Ugwuanyi gets information that Uzouwani will be attacked as some herdsmen from Nassarawa are converging near the community.

2. "There was a call made by Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to the president, he was put on hold for over an hour 15 minutes.

3. This call was made in the presence of 13 men and 4 women, the president aid (aide)told the Governor that the president will get back to him.

4.The president through his aid(aide) after 4 hrs told Enugu state governor that the president will do something about it.

5. "...Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on hearing that the police have not arrived at Uzouwani called GOC 82 division for help. He was refereed to the presidency again.

6. This time around, he was put on hold for nearly 2 hrs again, while waiting to speak to the president. News came in that the attack he was planning to prevent has actually taken place.

7. Within an hour, the commissioner and GOC who refereed the Governor to the president has mobilised their men to stop retaliation. The same way Lagos and Agatu was attacked and retaliation prevented.

We need to know why police commissioner and GOC need presidency order before they can protect the innocent citizens?.

We need to know - why police and military sent their men to Uzouwani after the attack to prevent retaliation?.

We need to know why a sitting Governor cannot use the support of police and military to protect his people?.

Note that the two major security agencies refused to move into PREVENTIVE action without presidential authorization. Yet they were quick to foil the represial after the initial attacks were done. To show you their falsehood (regarding their official position) notice that no herdsman was gunned down or arrested by the security agencies. Yet they claimed they had a shootout with them and prevented them from entering the city center. See the report here: https://www.nairaland.com/3072976/enugu-attack-police-releases-statement

It's appaling how this govt. lie with impunity to the citezens. Already they've massively reduced the death toll and have started pushing the narative that the attack was not perpetuated by fulani herdsmen. See thevnarrative here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3073559/enugu-attack-nothing-fulani-police

Yet the state governor is visiting aso rock to brief the president on the "herdsmen attack" see the report here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3073362/buhari-ifeanyi-ugwuanyi-presidential-villa

Again, there's a reactional protest on the streets of Enugu against the incessant and largely ignored "herdsmen attacks". See the report here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3073835/herdsmen-massacre-sparks-anger-street

Yet the police is trying to claim that the attack was not done by the herdsmen. They don't seem to relaize that when you distort facts officially, you have in effect changed the history and lied to the posterity. That's an unforgiveable evil.

But am sure that no matter how long it takes, evil will always loose.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by tete7000(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]

Unfortunately you more than the op introduced partisanship into the debate. Nowhere in that post did op accuse buhari of any wrongdoing; he simply was making report. However you went further to tacitly praise buhari and condemned jonathan handling of bokoharam comparing it with buhari's swiftness in handing of herdsmen. Sadly you ended it appealing to all that it is not apt vs pdp but that's what you just hypocritically did. Can't you make your point without making reference to jonathan bokoharam debacle? This is about herdmen not bokoharam my brother.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Hillzy(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]
Guyz dis dude deserve an Oscar

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by izyericson: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2016
having exploited the avenue of wandering herdsmen to further decimate the marginalized igbos, maybe he can now stop them
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by luvinhubby(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2016
omenka:
See how you lot open your big mouths and shove your foots right in it?? How many blames have you directed at your miserable state governor who has denied your rival lie (shame you, as old as you are, still hold unto the lie even after the governor's denial. A demonic lie that emanated from a miserable Israeli urchin on facebook, simply because it aligns with your bigoted opinion about the president) about him calling Buhari and the president not answering his call?? Chibok is Shetima's fault but Enugu is Buhari's.

What a bunch of hypocritical never-do-wells.

Na una go carry una own head carry una dead bodies. Hate the president all you want- he is not going anywhere.

Nonsense.

Uzo-Uwani is Ugwuanyi's fault, Chibok is GEJ's fault & Agatu is not Ortom's fault while Buhari is faultless. APC & it's supporters are shameless & hypocritical liars.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by samsilo(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]

As others have pointed out , posts like this shows that there are some intellectuals on this forum . I believe there is hope for Nigeria if the self centered and immediate result crew can be side lined . This will enable reasonable poeple to come forward and offer solutions to our problems .
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by emajoe: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2016
I love as this reporter tactically called them "herdsmen" and technically removed the word FULANI.
That aside, Mr. President is coming a little too late, only to remind people to his All Promises Cancelled (A.P.C) manifesto.
No clear DIRECTIVES TO THE MILITARY TO ENGAGE THOSE "Fulani" HERDSMEN IN COMBAT.
Why waste energy when some of them are reported to be going about with sophisticated weapons and C. of O. waiting for the grazing bill.
In every LGA in Nigeria there is a chairman of the Fulani herdsmen.
Wait for the next minute if the news of their attack will not filter in again, after all while the IGP was at one point in Enugu, the herdsmen were at another zone. the police came up with a report centrally to what Mr. president is now talking about. Whom shall we now believe?
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by silibaba: 10:39am On Apr 28, 2016
Yomieluv:
i totally agree with you

till we put aside our politically difference,and unite. achievement will continue to be a mirage..

forget that word unity
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by pope777(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2016
Very Intelligent thinking!
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by DTutu1: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2016
BlackBaron:
More Southerners would also have to look into rearing livestock. No law bars us from having cattle.

I'd be more wary than ever now of any attempt to foist herdsmen into Southern communities under the guise of grazing reserves. There's a probability that once settled, the future may see similar patterns of conflicts like prevalent in the middle belt. Their attacks also indicates they are a reasonable threat of terrorism to the any community.

Time for them to modernise, Kenyan nomads ain't exactly walking all across the length and breadth of their country looking for food, so it's untenable fulani herdsmen can not tailor their operations to run in tandem with modern lifestyle.
Exactly dear
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by scarred9jan(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:

[/b]

Ministry of Agriculture give this guy a JOB!!! (Not that am saying he is jobless)

Very insightful comment there. And the Northern States have enough space.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Fabrolistic: 11:04am On Apr 28, 2016
omenka:
You believe Chibok is a drama, yet don't believe what happened in Enugu was a clash between some rival groups.

By the way, if it was just a "drama" and your ex-president kept looking for them and deploying some miserly resources to locate them after Malala scolded him into action, doesn't that then make him such a mighty fool as people think

Abeg face front jor. You lot bore me no end.
he took that step in a bid to satify your likes and prove it to the world, that chibok was a scam.
Well, ur godfather is now mounting the hot seat. With what buhari/apc spewed during campagne,One w'ld think he w'ld rescue the 'assumed' kidnapped girls, within seven days as the c in c. Today, what's the case?

I believe it's a rival group just as it has been at ur hometown, agatu.

I dey shame on ur behalf.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by omenka(m): 11:12am On Apr 28, 2016
Fabrolistic:

he took that step in a bid to satify your likes and prove it to the world, that chibok was a scam.
Well, ur godfather is now mounting the hot seat. With what buhari/apc spewed during campagne,One w'ld think he w'ld rescue the 'assumed' kidnapped girls, within seven days as the c in c. Today, what's the case?

I believe it's a rival group just as it has been at ur hometown, agatu.

I dey shame on ur behalf.
He took it to satisfy my likes?? I think he must be more useless a president than I thought then. Or wait a minute, is that what he told you? cheesy

Agatu has become my hometown.

Don't you just wish to be as stewpid as some of these iPod apologists. cheesy

Agatu is the ONLY place in Benue- iPod Yoots. grin

Kiddo, na me pity you pass.

Bye.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Fabrolistic: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2016
luvinhubby:

Uzo-Uwani is Ugwuanyi's fault, Chibok is GEJ's fault & Agatu is not Ortom's fault while Buhari is faultless. APC & it's supporters are shameless & hypocritical liars.
you dey mind that aghaya. It must have sold it's soul to the devil.

He w'ld rather bear the death of his people(not wishing any bad to him though) than to fault a world class zombie, in the name of Buhari the fool ani man.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Fabrolistic: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2016
omenka:
He took it to satisfy my likes?? I think he must be more useless a president than I thought then. Or wait a minute, is that what he told you? cheesy

Agatu has become my hometown.

Don't you just wish to be as stewpid as some of these iPod apologists. cheesy

Agatu is the ONLY place in Benue- iPod Yoots. grin

Kiddo, na me pity you pass.

Bye.
i dey shame, i dey shame, you are whallowing in pains, dieing in silent.

In ur master's voice, kwontfinu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wedding Of Hamza Halilu Ahmed And Hadiza Shuabu Jika (Photos) / NLC/TUC Continue Talks With FG Today At 6pm / June 12 Protest Suffers Low Turn Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.