Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now (20258 Views)

Root Gionee M5 Mini Marshmallow 6.0 With Latest Kingroot 5.0.1 / Tecno Y6 Gets Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oahray:
calm down, kiddo. Firmware upgrades usually come with bugs, else there wouldn't be updates (this is an integral part of software development) afterwards. Everyone knows this... Except you, maybe.

The point which you so conveniently missed is that when it comes to upgrading android OS (and Android M is the in thing now), it's usually best to wait till after some bug fixes for better user experience. He didn't even mention infinix.

Relax grandpa. Marshmallow Was released in September 2015. That is almost 8 months now so it is no longer new, most phones with marshmallow are running 6.0.1 which is free of bugs unless of course the OEM (this time it has nothing to do with google ) released a bad update. We are already bracing for Android N and u are here talking about marsmallpw as if it is a new thing.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nico4luv: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
op is right...... the upgrade is nt mearnt for all phones.... pls read well.. for my infinix hot 2.... after upgrading.. some app trash like fb... poor sound.. slow booting... etc

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by kabasa77(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marshmallow is the best upgrade so far

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by abumeinben(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Azeez532:

Hi, do you know where i can get google nexus to buy preferrably in lagos.
Michaellegend

Pls respond

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
"Taps mic and clears throat"

I guess the issues mentioned by the OP, has to do with some phones, but not all.

Well in my case, I have been using cyanogenmod 13(marshmallow) on my Tecno H6, for the past 10days, and it has been almost perfect. Need I say that, this is a phone with 1GB ram, built in 2014.
Battery drainage is cool, thanks to doze. Ram usage is good not awesome , since it's just 1GB ram.

All in all, I really have no complaints. And to enjoy it more, another marshmallow custom rom just came out for my chipset just two days ago , so I will be porting it this weekend, by the grace of God.

So for the bold at heart, do a nandroid backup and upgrade. If you don't like it, reinstall your lollipop backup. But if otherwise, enjoy the sweet features of marshmallow.

"Drops mic and leaves"

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Actually I had a few of those issues when I went up to Version 6.0. I even lost my phone internal memory. I thought maybe it wasn't properly upgraded coz I go an error message at some point. I had to flash Version 5.1.1 back to my phone and upgraded back to Version 6.0.

IT HAS BEEN GREAT
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by NigerianScholar: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
femdevcon:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-xTa9v4DvbtA/VyGIXnL-TxI/AAAAAAAAD5A/Y_NGd5qAK_QKpTnmZLZvyil56zp5VhutwCLcB/s1600/mobile-605422_1920.jpg[/img]

Though The Recent Update of Android Marshmallow 6.0 comes with couple of improvements and Promising Features, These This update is not for everyone out there as it [comes with has a lot of Issues
I have received hundreds of messages by from fans complaining about numerous Challenges they faces face After updating their Android Devices to Marshmallow 6.0.

[s]Well These Article is not convincing of you not to update your Device to Mashmalow 6.0 But to make you realize the whole issues that await after Updating.[/s] Well,This article is not meant to discourage you from updating your device to marshmallow but to make you aware of its issues

1.Marshmallow Drains battery:

Genuine Battery Drainage is one major issue of Marshmallow. I have received many complaints about
the
battery drainage by from my blog Readers.
The best answer to what cause causes this genuine excessive battery drainage is [s]due to several background processes which Marshmallow featured[/s] that the marshmallow update introduces several background processes into the device

2.Marshmallow app crashes or freezes:

This is another issue associated with the[/b]Marshmallow Update is random app crashes and occassional freezing [b]is common and this problemwhich is attributed to mismatch API Issues.
Marshmallow is makes use of API 23 and not all apps are compatible with it yet).

3.Marshmallow randomly reboots Itself: this is a common issues issue that await will await you almost immediately after you have updated your device to 6.0 mostly when you[/b]plugged [b]it into power.

4. Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems:
With no reasonable explanation to this Marshmallow sometimes fails to locate WiFi network[b]s[/b] even when in it is in the WiFi Range.

Though this can be fix[b]ed[/b] by toggling the airplane mode and re scanning the network again. But must Must we have to go through all these this every time?

5. Marshmallow data problems:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

6. Marshmallow performance problems:

General system sluggishness is another frequent complaint following an Android update Marshmallow lag a lot with a frustrating gaming experience

Conclusion: before Clicking that Update Button put in mind the challenges you will be Greeted with after the update . however we await Google quick fix to this Promising Update.

if you are still Hellbent and still want to update your Device to Marshmallow and live with this problems

This fixes will help you

You can do a factory reset in the Android settings by going to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Alternatively you can do the same thing from recovery, by turning your device off and following the steps outlined in the battery drain section of this article. Remember, the exact button combination is different for different manufacturers.

Watch out for my next Article on comprehensive fix to some of these Issues

SOURCE:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/6-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-update-your.html?m=1
Your English is very bad...please work on it
I tried correcting your grammatical errors..but,they were too much. Am not saying I am perfect or I hate you. But please...work on it
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by haywire1: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
jiggar:

I guess the issues mentioned by the OP, has to do with some phones, but not all.

Well in my case, I have been using cyanogenmod 13(marshmallow) on my Tecno H6, for the past 10days, and it has been almost perfect. Need I say that, this is a phone with 1GB ram, built in 2014.
Battery drainage is cool, thanks to doze. Ram usage is good not awesome , since it's just 1GB ram.

All in all, I really have no complaints. And to enjoy it more, another marshmallow custom rom just came out for my chipset just two days ago , so I will be porting it this weekend, by the grace of God.

So for the bold at heart, do a nandroid backup and upgrade. If you don't like it, reinstall your lollipop backup. But if otherwise, enjoy the sweet features of marshmallow.

"Drops mic and leaves"

How can i upgrade my samsung galaxy s5 to marshmallow??

#
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by dmcdad: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Michaellegend:
u guys will just paste info that are not verified...this is my best mobile experience so far..u will get real value for ur money.
Resurrection Remix. No??
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Michaellegend(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Azeez532:

No idea bro...
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by billy187(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Strange, I've upgraded to 6.0 but have not experienced a single one of these points mentioned- but then my Moto G3 offers stock Android, mostly. I strongly believe a whole lot of these problems are as a result of the heavy UIs manufacturers rush to 'cover' the stock Android OS with.

Calmly awaiting Android N grin

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by sauceEEP(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Android m on Sony Xperia z2 is the best update so far.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by EzeRedd(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Still rocking version 4.4.2 on my techno. grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by bcardastro: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
who marshmallow don EPP?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
haywire1:

How can i upgrade my samsung galaxy s5 to marshmallow??

#

Well, you have to do a little search on google, for you to understand the pros and cons. My phone is MTK powered, so I have an average idea about it, but for your kind of machine, no iota of idea.

However, I am positive that, when you search Google for your device and the roms available for it, you will definitely get them and the necessary procedures you must take to flash them.

But, I must emphasize this, please make a backup of your current rom, so that, should any issue arise, you can revert to the backup.

I hope I helped?

"Drops mic and leaves"

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oahray:
calm down, kiddo. Firmware upgrades usually come with bugs, else there wouldn't be updates (this is an integral part of software development) afterwards. Everyone knows this... Except you, maybe.

The point which you so conveniently missed is that when it comes to upgrading android OS (and Android M is the in thing now), it's usually best to wait till after some bug fixes for better user experience. He didn't even mention infinix.

Dude, stop yarning dust. My S6 is on Marshmallow and I haven't had a single issue. Not even a tiny smidge. No app crashes whatsoever. So, where the f**k did the OP get that info? Oh... I know. His so called fans. Please, next time you post such silly posts, kindly mention the specific OEM that the issues are being experienced on.

Nansekeble Nonsense.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
All the ppl experiencing issues are probably Tecno/Infinix/Gionee users. Buy from better OEMs una no go gree.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Oahray: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Relax grandpa. Marshmallow Was released in September 2015. That is almost 8 months now so it is no longer new, most phones with marshmallow are running 6.0.1 which is free of bugs unless of course the OEM (this time it has nothing to do with google ) released a bad update. We are already bracing for Android N and u are here talking about marsmallpw as if it is a new thing.
oh please... Marshmallow is in the sixth month of availability to users, and the 6.0.1 update was released barely 2 weeks ago. Unless you are on stock Android, it's unlikely you have received the update. And yes, it IS a new thing.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Michaellegend(m): 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oahray:
oh please... Marshmallow is in the sixth month of availability to users, and the 6.0.1 update was released barely 2 weeks ago. Unless you are on stock Android, it's unlikely you have received the update. And yes, it IS a new thing.
6.0.1 has been available since January.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by hob(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
upgraded my gf infinix hot 2 to android 6 nd none of these complaints so far
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by mayorjosh(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Azeez532:

Slot office medical road ikeja lagos

u can also find at the other two slot outlets in computer village but I still saw it on shelf at the medical road branch yesterday
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by OutOnBail(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
i agree with points 1 and 5 but others are thrash. First question is are you talking about custom roms? if yes, then list the roms which have these issues OR are you referring to stock roms from OTA? All the same, if custom rom, these are issues developers of such roms address as they receive such complaints. Marshmallow is still superb.

When you speak of battery, it affects all android phones from 5.0. People having good batteries are those with bigger batteries and this doesnt mean their batteries are good, they are just big and the OS isnt optimized unlike iphone. My iphone with 1440mah lasts much more longer than my android wit 2600mah and this is cos IOS is optimized.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by d33types: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Op who told you to use one low end phone ?

I have compiled a testing marshmellow from source and noticed your bug.hence i am convinced you downloaded a poorly finished custom rom, or using a crappy MM update from infinix or tecno
Marshmellow is the next best thing after jollof!!
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oahray:

are you even making any sense at all? Wait till infinity before updating your phone. An OS that has been available since last year. A couple of peeps negated what the op said yet u are saying nonsense. My S6 edge has vastly improved in all round performances since it got updated to MM
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Savotech: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
Its 6 reason not 26 @moderator please change this topic on homepage
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Pearlvictory(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
you guys have yet to enjoy marshmallow. try cyanogenmod 13 custom Rom. You will never use the official marshmallow all your life again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by spoilerx: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
femdevcon:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-xTa9v4DvbtA/VyGIXnL-TxI/AAAAAAAAD5A/Y_NGd5qAK_QKpTnmZLZvyil56zp5VhutwCLcB/s1600/mobile-605422_1920.jpg[/img]

Though The Recent Update of Android Marshmallow 6.0 comes with couple of improvements and Promising Features, These update is not for everyone out there as it comes with a lot of Issues
I have received hundreds of messages by fans complaining about numerous Challenges they faces After updating their Android Devices to Marshmallow 6.0.

Well These Article is not convincing of you not to update your Device to Mashmalow 6.0 But to make you realize the whole issues that await after Updating.

1.Marshmallow Drains battery:

Genuine Battery Drainage is one major issue of Marshmallow. I have received many complaints about battery drainage by my blog Readers.
The best asnswer to what cause this genuine battery drainage is due to several background processes which Marshmallow featured

2.Marshmallow app crashes or freezes:

This is another issue associated with Marshmallow Update is random app crashes and occassional freezing which is attributed to mismatch API Issues.
Marshmallow is API 23 and not all apps are compatible with it yet).

3.Marshmallow randomly reboots Itself: this is a common issues that await you almost immediately after you have updated your device to 6.0 mostly when plugged into power.

4. Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems:
With no reasonable explanation to this Marshmallow sometimes fails to locate WiFi network even when in WiFi Range.

Though this can be fix by toggling the airplane mode and re scanning the network again. But must we have to go through all these every time?

5. Marshmallow data problems:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

6. Marshmallow performance problems:

General system sluggishness is another frequent complaint following an Android update Marshmallow lag a lot with a frustrating gaming experience

Conclusion: before Clicking that Update Button put in mind the challenges you will be Greeted with after the update . however we await Google quick fix to this Promising Update.

if you are still Hellbent and still want to update your Device to Marshmallow and live with this problems

This fixes will help you

You can do a factory reset in the Android settings by going to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Alternatively you can do the same thing from recovery, by turning your device off and following the steps outlined in the battery drain section of this article. Remember, the exact button combination is different for different manufacturers.

Watch out for my next Article on comprehensive fix to some of these Issues

SOURCE:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/6-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-update-your.html?m=1

BIG LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are probably using one of those 13K knock off Chinese devices
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by spoilerx: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
Battery drainage, wake up screen problems, app crashes was wat I experienced from marshmallow. Most annoying of all it takes close to 800mb of ram unlike lolipop dat takes 300mb

what device?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by christopher123(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
I upgrades to this marshmallow since then my phone's hasn't be the same .

I am working on downgrading but I am afraid of losing my files especially my dream league games that I have bought so many players

I can back up my pictures and contacts on Google server but not this game

I just going crazy
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
christopher123:
I upgrades to this marshmallow since then my phone's hasn't be the same .

I am working on downgrading but I am afraid of losing my files especially my dream league games that I have bought so many players

I can back up my pictures and contacts on Google server but not this game

I just going crazy

I think you should try Titanium Backup.
It can backup both data and apk.

Hope this helps.

"Drops mic and leaves"

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pearlvictory:
you guys have yet to enjoy marshmallow. try cyanogenmod 13 custom Rom. You will never use the official marshmallow all your life again

You are absolutely right.
From my tiny, winy experience, no other custom rom comes close to cyanogenmod 13. It's simply sweet.

"Drops mic and leaves"

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Meedu(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
xamiel4:
Big lie. I upgraded my htc one m8 to android 6 a week after I bought and it was really wonderful. Maybe android 6 slacks on your phone that is why you think it should be the same on everyone's phone. Ignore joor.
Well said. I upgraded 5 weeks now and no such problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.