Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now (20261 Views)

Root Gionee M5 Mini Marshmallow 6.0 With Latest Kingroot 5.0.1 / Tecno Y6 Gets Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by cecegorz(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Since I upgraded my S4 then to Lollipop and the ensuing crashing that followed eh...

Not sure I will ever upgrade any Android OS, any phone I buy now will live and die with it's own factory OS.

It's clear that Android hardly tests their new OS extensively before pushing to consumers to mess up and crash their devices.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by christopher123(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
jiggar:

"Taps mic and clears throat"

I think you should try Titanium Backup.
It can backup both data and apk.

Hope this helps.

"Drops mic and leaves"

Which one be titanium back up bro
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oahray:
oh please... Marshmallow is in the sixth month of availability to users, and the 6.0.1 update was released barely 2 weeks ago. Unless you are on stock Android, it's unlikely you have received the update. And yes, it IS a new thing.

Dude stop spewing trash. Does the picture below looks like lollipop to u? And I'm not using a nexus device. Also I've had marshmallow on my g3 since February. Most of the people having problems with marshmallow are people using cheap Chinese phones. Marshmallow is the best version of android yet. Every top android OEMS have already upgraded their flagship 2015 (even some 2014) devices to marshmallow while those Chinese OEMS are still releasing new phones with lollipop. U can imagine infinix zero 3 was launched with lollipop, even tecno boom j8 that was released yesterday is running lollipop. Pathetic.

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by villareal15(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
jiggar:

You are absolutely right.
From my tiny, winy experience, no other custom rom comes close to cyanogenmod 13. It's simply sweet.

"Drops mic and leaves"

Bro can I get cyanogenmod 13 ROM for Samsung s4? Thanks
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
jiggar:

From my tiny, winy experience, no other custom rom comes close to cyanogenmod 13. It's simply sweet.

"Drops mic and leaves"

Actually there is no rom better than the ota pushed by OEMs. All cm roms come with bugs, except those meant for phones running stock android. people overlook these bugs because the roms are always smooth. It is either camera is crashing or double tap to wake doesn't work (for phones with that function) or double tap home button to launch camera doesn't work for Samsung phones, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc. cm roms are good for people that like stock and can live with some bugs...Never perfect.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by CLEVABOY(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
The best android version is jelly bean 4.3
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by CLEVABOY(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
cecegorz:
Since I upgraded my S4 then to Lollipop and the ensuing crashing that followed eh...

Not sure I will ever upgrade any Android OS, any phone I buy now will live and die with it's own factory OS.

It's clear that Android hardly tests their new OS extensively before pushing to consumers to mess up and crash their devices.
the best android version is jelly bean 4. 3
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually there is no rom better than the ota pushed by OEMs. All cm roms come with bugs, except those meant for phones running stock android. people overlook these bugs because the roms are always smooth. It is either camera is crashing or double tap to wake doesn't work (for phones with that function) or double tap home button to launch camera doesn't work for Samsung phones, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc. cm roms are good for people that like stock and can livue with some bugs...Never perfect.

Like I stated in my post, I said custom rom not stock.
And yes, it does come with a little bug. But one can definitely live with some of it.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by FreemanDave(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
2cato:
Ours is to consume and not to complain

I love that poem...
Ours is to plough... Not to plunder grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by sureinfo: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
5. Marshmallow data problems:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

Are u sure about this or just assuming?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by srrrr(m): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marshmallow is more matured than lollipop. I think marshmallow works best on new chipsets with 64bit support.
Waiting for the roll out of android N with its Multi window support

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by vicky9kumar: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marshmallow is one of the best update of Google and The Another thing which is the biggest update into the marshmallow is wifi hacking secret feature which show by the help of wps tester a rooted mobile working mod in marshmallow only read more about How to hack wifi using marshmallow android version- http://modtricks.com/wifi-password-hacker cool cool
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by saxby(f): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
sureinfo:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

Are u sure about this or just assuming?

I guess he must be assuming.. if not why use the word "May"..?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Cyberdemonic: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
srrrr:
Marshmallow is more matured than lollipop. I think marshmallow works best on new chipsets with 64bit support.

You can download Android N Preview Here

http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/03/how-to-get-android-n-preview-right-now.html?m=1
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by shapman: 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
jiggar:

"Drops mic and leaves"
biko pick mic, how can I get the stock rom for tecno y6?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by oketoyinboshola(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nico4luv:
op is right...... the upgrade is nt mearnt for all phones.... pls read well.. for my infinix hot 2.... after upgrading.. some app trash like fb... poor sound.. slow booting... etc
but people been complaining about this marshmallow os on infinix hot 2, but I don't ve any cause to complain on my Hot 2... It like the marshmallow made for my phone.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by DONOCHAS(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pls anyone using Gionee, does the upgrade work fine on Gionee M3mini
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
xamiel4:
Big lie. I upgraded my htc one m8 to android 6 a week after I bought and it was really wonderful. Maybe android 6 slacks on your phone that is why you think it should be the same on everyone's phone. Ignore joor.

I am sorry, you have not been closely attentive to your phone, I totally disagree with you because I have exactly the same phone (htc One M8, in fact am now on my third htc phone, having previously owned the One X and Desire HD models); although I didn't notice most of the glitches mentioned by the author; I however suffered significant loss of some functions, including the following:
Internet Passthrough - a function which allows you to share your computer data with your phone using cable connection (this is opposite to tethering which allows you share your phone's data with your computer)

Flashlight Brightness level control - previously you used to have up to three levels of brightness control but now you get only one, which does not automatically switch off after exiting the function (as it previously does); now you have to manually switch it off; otherwise it persists and remains on even after you progress into another function.

Auto delete of last call entry - this function is lost after the update because you often have to manually delete your previous call entry when you re-enter the call phone function again, otherwise you will still meet the old entry which unless manually deleted will merge with your newer entry - very annoying.

Have been looking for a way to undo the update without resorting to factory reset and the attendant risk of loss of some important stored data or applications.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by caukerzee(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2016
cecegorz:

Your phone has the problem not the software. My S4 works perfectly. I'm
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by caukerzee(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2016
cecegorz:

Your phone has the problem not the software. My S4 works perfectly.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by caukerzee(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2016
CLEVABOY:
The best android version is jelly bean 4.3
Lol...because you're on it doesn't make it the best.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by xamiel4(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

I am sorry, you have not been closely attentive to your phone, I totally disagree with you because I have exactly the same phone (htc One M8, in fact am now on my third htc phone, having previously owned the One X and Desire HD models); although I didn't notice most of the glitches mentioned by the author; I however suffered significant loss of some functions, including the following:
Internet Passthrough - a function which allows you to share your computer data with your phone using cable connection (this is opposite to tethering which allows you share your phone's data with your computer)

Flashlight Brightness level control - previously you used to have up to three levels of brightness control but now you get only one, which does not automatically switch off after exiting the function (as it previously does); now you have to manually switch it off; otherwise it persists and remains on even after you progress into another function.

Auto delete of last call entry - this function is lost after the update because you often have to manually delete your previous call entry when you re-enter the call phone function again, otherwise you will still meet the old entry which unless manually deleted will merge with your newer entry - very annoying.

Have been looking for a way to undo the update without resorting to factory reset and the attendant risk of loss of some important stored data or applications.
mr you said you are on your third htc phone right? It is your problem. Haven't you heard of a problem where 2 people are using identical phones and one is experiencing issues while the other person isn't. You are experiencing difficulties but am not. So leave it that way. Android M rocks. I also read the part where you said you want to remove the update bla bla bla. Don't stress yourself just download the software of the previous update and install it. Thatz all.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by femdevcon(f): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
And for ye picking and dropping Mic,
Hope you know Wizkid is your mate??
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Reeberry: 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
femdevcon:
And for ye picking and dropping Mic, Hope you know Wizkid is your mate??
grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by jiggar(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
femdevcon:
And for ye picking and dropping Mic,
Hope you know Wizkid is your mate??

LOL. kiss

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:30am On Apr 30, 2016
xamiel4:
mr you said you are on your third htc phone right? It is your problem. Haven't you heard of a problem where 2 people are using identical phones and one is experiencing issues while the other person isn't. You are experiencing difficulties but am not. So leave it that way. Android M rocks. I also read the part where you said you want to remove the update bla bla bla. Don't stress yourself just download the software of the previous update and install it. Thatz all.

But you just ended up contradicting yourself: First you claimed the reported update problems was a lie because your phone was unaffected; yet you are here telling me that two identical phones can have different update experiences.

Lastly, pls advise me where I can get to download the previous update (i.e. specific name of the software and the site to download it) since my experience so far had been to accept automatic updates directly from the manufacturers (in this case htc) without having to visibly go to any specific site.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by kesses: 8:34am On Apr 30, 2016
My C8 has been upgraded. so far, no problem
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
srrrr:

Lolipop already has it. Well, at least, Lolipop on my S6. I'm now on Marshmallow and it's still there.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
Azeez532:

Hi, do you know where i can get google nexus to buy preferrably in lagos.

Brand new or used?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Collinz2(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

Lolipop already has it. Well, at least, Lolipop on my S6. I'm now on Marshmallow and it's still there.
lollipop dont have multiwindow feature but samsung do. Nearly all samsung phone has it.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Maximum83: 8:19pm On May 01, 2016
femdevcon:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-xTa9v4DvbtA/VyGIXnL-TxI/AAAAAAAAD5A/Y_NGd5qAK_QKpTnmZLZvyil56zp5VhutwCLcB/s1600/mobile-605422_1920.jpg[/img]

Though The Recent Update of Android Marshmallow 6.0 comes with couple of improvements and Promising Features, These update is not for everyone out there as it comes with a lot of Issues
I have received hundreds of messages by fans complaining about numerous Challenges they faces After updating their Android Devices to Marshmallow 6.0.

Well These Article is not convincing of you not to update your Device to Mashmalow 6.0 But to make you realize the whole issues that await after Updating.

1.Marshmallow Drains battery:

Genuine Battery Drainage is one major issue of Marshmallow. I have received many complaints about battery drainage by my blog Readers.
The best asnswer to what cause this genuine battery drainage is due to several background processes which Marshmallow featured

2.Marshmallow app crashes or freezes:

This is another issue associated with Marshmallow Update is random app crashes and occassional freezing which is attributed to mismatch API Issues.
Marshmallow is API 23 and not all apps are compatible with it yet).

3.Marshmallow randomly reboots Itself: this is a common issues that await you almost immediately after you have updated your device to 6.0 mostly when plugged into power.

4. Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems:
With no reasonable explanation to this Marshmallow sometimes fails to locate WiFi network even when in WiFi Range.

Though this can be fix by toggling the airplane mode and re scanning the network again. But must we have to go through all these every time?

6. Marshmallow performance problems:

General system sluggishness is another frequent complaint following an Android update Marshmallow lag a lot with a frustrating gaming experience

Conclusion: before Clicking that Update Button put in mind the challenges you will be Greeted with after the update . however we await Google quick fix to this Promising Update.

if you are still Hellbent and still want to update your Device to Marshmallow and live with this problems

This fixes will help you

You can do a factory reset in the Android settings by going to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Alternatively you can do the same thing from recovery, by turning your device off and following the steps outlined in the battery drain section of this article. Remember, the exact button combination is different for different manufacturers.

Watch out for my next Article on comprehensive fix to some of these Issues

SOURCE:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/6-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-update-your.html?m=1
hehehe battery drain on Android 6.0 marshmallows? Fat lie. In fact all of those points you mentioned are big lie. Upgrade to marshmallows and you will see whole lot of difference
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by srrrr(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

Multiwindow in android N is far different from the one in samsung touchwiz UI. Google it and feel the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.