Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,445 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada (417 Views)

Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada by kollynsb(m): 12:59am On Apr 29, 2016
Part One
I am numb. I do not feel pain and that’s the only reason I’m thriving. This has nothing to do with physical pain; I have a really low threshold for that one. After my fourth child, I decided I could not deal with labour pains again. Give me some credit. If three are a crowd, then I certainly pushed boundaries with four. I am not here to talk about my kids so let’s move on.

Last week Tuesday was my 15th wedding anniversary. I expected nothing to happen and I wasn’t disappointed. When you expect too much for so long and get absolutely nothing every time, you learn to look away when the ice cream van passes through. My husband isn’t a bad man. I wish I could say he was so that there’ll be justification for my feelings. He’s just a bad husband and a caring but absent father.

We met as though we were from a story book; actually, he bumped into me on my way from the library. Cliché? I know. Everything else followed just like you would expect it to. He was charming, caring, supportive and most of all, not too busy. Sometimes, I like to think that he still has all these things somewhere inside of him but I probably do not get to see them because he’s a busy man. He is busy being the CFO of one of the biggest retail chains in Africa and I wouldn’t be the insensitive wife standing in the way of that. Now would I?

At first, it was hurtful not seeing your husband in months, getting five phone calls in a week, getting flowers and chocolates on birthdays and holidays from the same delivery boy who begins to look at you with pity after some time. At first, I would cry from being alone, sex starved and invisible. It was horrible. To be fair, he grins at me whenever our eyes meet, and he takes me to his corporate dinners and plants wet pecks on my cheeks each time he introduces me to his elite friends. Oh and whenever I wear my afro in a huge puff, he always says “Nana, I like this hairstyle on you”. I haven’t heard “you’re beautiful” or “I love you” in ages so each time I want to hear a compliment, I quickly pack my afro into a huge bun. Weird? I know.

After some time, the pain...

Continue part 1 of this epic series at

http://negrifille..in/2015/07/thawed-part-1.html?m=1

Just in case you're just hearing about Thawed, it's an amazing, unconventional Nigerian love story that you don't want to miss out on.

Re: Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada by Loveprince: 1:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Hmm
Re: Thawed... By Nazzy Nma Agada by kollynsb(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2016
Have you checked the link? It is up to episode 6 now

(1) (Reply)

Can You Allow Someone You both share hatred date your sibling?? / Ladies!!! She Said Her Boyfriend Purchased Android Car For Her / What Is Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.