Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together (1580 Views)

Kenyan Oldest Sex Worker Retires After Servicing 28,000 Men In 23-years (Photos) / Meet Couple Of 37 Years Who Still Wear Matching Outfits / Heartbroken Lady Call Out Fiancee Of 3 Years, Who Got Married To Another Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by zyonnista(f): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2016
WoW..me I am just shocked beyond words , how these two made it to still be together . it's just God o..nothing else. No jazz can still be effective for as much as 100years ,lol.
Please meet Mary Belle Roach and Mae Belle Powell, better known as "The Wallace Twins" — a nickname, they derived for themselves based on their maiden names, which has stuck over the years.

According to Today News, These adventurous, life-loving centenarians have lived through some of the country's most challenging and exciting times.
And what makes their journey through life so inspiring is not only the memories the two have created, but also the inseparable bond they've formed with one another.

The twins were born during World War I on March 25, 1916 in Symsonia, Kentucky, where they live today. They were teenagers when the Great Depression shook the country. "It was really bad, we had nothing," Roach told TODAY. "The only monthly expense was home insurance."

After graduating from college, the duo married best friends they had grown up with,
, and accepted teaching jobs at Symsonia Elementary School. "You want to know what my salary was?" Powell, the older twin, asked over the phone. "It was $1 a day."

After returning from the war, the twins bought motor homes with their husbands and traveled the country together. These spontaneous ladies have now visited all 50 states and eight countries in Europe — not to mention taking six cruises together.

Today at 100 years old, nothing is slowing down this dynamic duo. And although both of their spouses have passed on, the twins are all about "go, go, go," according to Roach. The two walk for 30 minutes each day at a nearby gym, and you'll find them at the hair salon every Friday, always dressed alike

"We're together all the time; we've never been separated," said Roach. "That's all we know: to love each other."
"I need her all the time," Powell added. "We've had a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful life and still have it."

May God keep us all to be over a 100 in love with our family .

CC: http://www.tonyesheartbeat.com/2016/04/meet-oldest-twins-in-world100-years-who.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by kossyablaze(m): 7:02am On Apr 29, 2016
Hmmmm we get 110yrs old twin for my villa
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by FreemanDave(m): 7:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Nice
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by tyson99(m): 7:12am On Apr 29, 2016
cool it's a gift
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by iamrealdeji(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2016
They're beautiful
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Vision4God: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Thnk God for his mercies. Waow
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by harlos: 7:32am On Apr 29, 2016
100 years and looking this young... Oyinbo undecided undecided
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by obiorathesubtle: 7:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Smh.. I sabi twins of 160 years for my mumsy villa.. Em don blind, deaf, and their teeth don almost comot finish..
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Omotayor123(f): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2016
I love twins. Identical Female Twin! cheesy.
God please, Bless me with one in the Nearest future smiley

1 Like

Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Mediapace: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2016
You wan turn Iya Ibeji
Omotayor123:
I love twins. Identical Female Twin! cheesy.

God please, Bless me with one in the Nearest future smiley
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by 4C2215131: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2016
zyonnista:
WoW..me I am just shocked beyond words , how these two made it to still be together . it's just God o..nothing else. No jazz can still be effective for as much as 100years ,lol.
Please meet Mary Belle Roach and Mae Belle Powell, better known as "The Wallace Twins" — a nickname, they derived for themselves based on their maiden names, which has stuck over the years.

According to Today News, These adventurous, life-loving centenarians have lived through some of the country's most challenging and exciting times.
And what makes their journey through life so inspiring is not only the memories the two have created, but also the inseparable bond they've formed with one another.

The twins were born during World War I on March 25, 1916 in Symsonia, Kentucky, where they live today. They were teenagers when the Great Depression shook the country. "It was really bad, we had nothing," Roach told TODAY. "The only monthly expense was home insurance."

After graduating from college, the duo married best friends they had grown up with,
, and accepted teaching jobs at Symsonia Elementary School. "You want to know what my salary was?" Powell, the older twin, asked over the phone. "It was $1 a day."

After returning from the war, the twins bought motor homes with their husbands and traveled the country together. These spontaneous ladies have now visited all 50 states and eight countries in Europe — not to mention taking six cruises together.

Today at 100 years old, nothing is slowing down this dynamic duo. And although both of their spouses have passed on, the twins are all about "go, go, go," according to Roach. The two walk for 30 minutes each day at a nearby gym, and you'll find them at the hair salon every Friday, always dressed alike

"We're together all the time; we've never been separated," said Roach. "That's all we know: to love each other."
"I need her all the time," Powell added. "We've had a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful life and still have it."

May God keep us all to be over a 100 in love with our family .

CC: http://www.tonyesheartbeat.com/2016/04/meet-oldest-twins-in-world100-years-who.html?m=1

Nice one. I'm positive a life of modesty and restraint helped them in achieving this feat.

In Nigeria, no light, no water, no fuel, no food, no road, no jobs..... no....no...no...plus no peace of mind courtesy BH, Fulani shitheads, cheating and nagging wives/girlfriends, irresponsible husbands/boyfriends and a thieving and licentious clergy.

It's a miracle we get to be 70 at all!
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2016
wow,,i love twins
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by GoldenJAT(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2016
talk of been compatible!!
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Omotayor123(f): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2016
Mediapace:
You wan turn Iya Ibeji
Yes ooo.
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by zyonnista(f): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hmmmm we get 110yrs old twin for my villa

Wow really ...that's amazing
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Mediapace: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Don't worry,Aminat is there for you,she will help you take care of one
Omotayor123:
Yes ooo.
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Viccctor(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2016
iamrealdeji:
They're beautiful
nawaooo... Na nose u de use see person....
Re: See The Oldest Twins (100 Years) Who Still Tavel The World Together by Omotayor123(f): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
Mediapace:
Don't worry,Aminat is there for you,she will help you take care of one
Sure!

(1) (Reply)

Female Student Run Mental On The Streets In Lagos / Romance Section, Home Of Sex Starved Guys, Immature, & Karuwa Gals / See What A Mother Is Doing In The Car While Her Kids Watch (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.