Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (34963 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by emaculate99: 11:36pm On May 08, 2016
Tourshaw:

I am finding it hard to comprehend your legal term. Is that your justiciable synonymous with justifiable? Or what? please, I'm now a law student. I'm a student of Human anatomy. Clarify that Sir
Oh! sorry I thought you were a law student. I am very sorry. That's why I spoke with you in the language of law.

What I was trying to say was that you cannot sue the government for not using Federal Character and that was what allowed those people employing their ethnic mates into public offices and which allowed the so called Chief Ferdinand to appoint forty people into public office. If the government can be sued, federal character will matter and the ethnic dominance will not be given any chance. My bottom line is Federal Character is not yet operated in Nigeria as it is supposed, the problem of domination of a group is not a problem of Federal Character as it does not allow domination of a particular region.

Justiciability means the court can decide over a matter

Justifiability means something can be defended or we can justify such action.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Adekorya: 11:36pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=Neyoor post=45443306][/quote]

Alaye Neyoor, wetin happen nah?

This is not gramma competition.
You can't be directing me to dictionary all the time and also expect me to comphrend your opinion.

Take am easy o.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 11:36pm On May 08, 2016
Neyoor:

So, all what you used today are mere facts that have been proved to be right?

Why then do you have references?

It's a fact and not an assumption, only if we would shy away from it.
Haba. Well I don't know how you do your referencing in Unilorin. But if you give this type of reference in either an exam or projet, you will get scored zero. Those statements are not stats. You cant Use such a reference in an intellectual argument

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Tourshaw: 11:37pm On May 08, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Systems and techniques are prone to manipulation.
The solution sometimes is not the scrapping but the plugging of the holes and vulnerabilities.
If Fayose can manipulate his way through federal government appointment process despite federal character, imagine what he can do in Ekiti state where his words are laws.
Removal is not the answer.
What you are saying is tantamount to saying Nigeria should be scrapped because we have not been able to achieve our aims since 1960
My conclusion here is where ignorance is a bliss, it's folly to be wise

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 08, 2016
emaculate99:

Smiles.... we are to make them see reasons why federal character should matter in public offices and not to say they should not use it again.
saying that the government are not conforming with it means that I identified the lapse on the part of the government that needs to be corrected by making Federal Character matter so that the government will always conform with it. Talking about non conformation of the government is not a negator to my argument but the recognition of what that needs to be corrected.

From my own end, it is a negator and an hindrance to our Nation. If a policy could be put in place, as far back as 1979 and our government are still not working in conformity with it. Why not replace such retrogressive policy and try another one like merit-based system. kiss we are tired of federal character system that is not helping our nation. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by emaculate99: 11:38pm On May 08, 2016
Neyoor:

Bros! Are you from Ekiti state? That your surname rings a bell.
No, I am not.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Tourshaw: 11:40pm On May 08, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Haba. Well I don't know how you do your referencing in Unilorin.

Mind you, we are here for intellectual discourse and not to send abusive missiles to our respective institutions. I don't forgive such. Anticipating your apology for mentioning my alma mater there
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 08, 2016
Adekorya:

Alaye Neyoor, wetin happen nah?
This is not gramma competition.
You can't be directing to dictionary all the time and also expect me to comphrend your opinion.
Take am easy o.

Lols tongue tongue tongue. I'm sorry egbon! It's not my fault now but not all my words are too difficult to comprehend.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 11:42pm On May 08, 2016
Neyoor you have got a mention check it ..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 08, 2016
Tourshaw:

Mind you, we are here for intellectual discourse and not to send abusive missiles to our respective institutions. I don't forgive such. Anticipating your apology for mentioning my alma mater there

You've said it all bro. Tourshaw.

OAUTemitayo:
Haba. Well I don't know how you do your referencing in Unilorin. But if you give this type of reference in either an exam or projet, you will get scored zero. Those statements are not stats. You cant Use such a reference in an intellectual argument
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by emaculate99: 11:44pm On May 08, 2016
Neyoor:

From my own end, it is a negator and an hindrance to our Nation. If a policy could be put in place, as far back as 1979 and our government are still not working in conformity with it. Why not replace such retrogressive policy and try another one like merit-based system. kiss we are tired of federal character system that is not helping our nation. tongue tongue

Smiles.... We have not started practicing a policy in reality and you said we should remove it because it is not helping. The policy was just put in the book without being given the power for it to be able to be practiced. It is only on paper. We cannot remove it just like that without fulfilling its purpose which meritocracy cannot - integration. Let it be given power and the full force of law and you will see how effective it is. They didn't conform with it because it is not given any power. Let us start practicing the policy in reality and with the force of law and see if the government will not conform with it This is why we need federal character to matter in appointments . You cannot just conclude that it is not when you haven't seen it's work.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2016
Tourshaw:

grin

of course I am. lol. And I'm reppin the team. We can be friends afterwards you know? But not now. lol

that is the difference between OAU products and others. OAU reps are there repping us well, fighting the course gallantly with no back up plan (supporter(s)) trying to attack opponents for them. PLS help ur better by far verywell by querying Great ife fighters.......they can handle it!

To emaculate99 and OAUTemitayo, am proud of you. continue to make us proud.........

GREAT IFE INDEED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 11:52pm On May 08, 2016
I AM SORRY TO TERMINATE THE FUN.

IT WILL CONTINUE AFTER AM DONE WITH THE NEEDFUL.

SiT TIGHT....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2016
K
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 11:53pm On May 08, 2016
Fynestboi:
I AM SORRY TO TERMINATE THE FUN.

IT WILL CONTINUE AFTER AM DONE WITH THE NEEDFUL.

SiT TIGHT....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 11:54pm On May 08, 2016
Prayer Mood

Activated.

For both TEAM. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 11:55pm On May 08, 2016
*Drives in with the Results*
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:01am On May 09, 2016
Three Judges were supposed to Judge this debate, but so sad, only two stayed up till the end of the debate, and owning to the criticality of this stage, which is the Final, hence we believe the end justify the means, if there is any loop holes in this final, it can cause brouhaha, to avoid such we decided to go ahead with the ones we have with the faith that.

[size=15pt]MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN[/size]

So whatever happens here is the decision of our amiable Judges, they were there during the questioning, till now they are still around.

We appreciate your efforts.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:01am On May 09, 2016
Sorry my network is acting up. cry
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:05am On May 09, 2016
JUDGE Y

OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY

OAUTemitayo
Presentation 3.5
Logic 3.5
Strength 3.5
Persuasiveness 3.5
Knowledge 4
Rebuttals 4.5
TOTAL 22.5

Emmaculate99
Presentation 4
Logic 3.5
Strength 3
Persuasiveness 3.5
Knowledge 4
Rebuttals 4
TOTAL 22

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
Graciousolo
Presentation 4
Logic 3.5
Strength 4
Persuasiveness 3.5
Knowledge 3.5
Rebuttals 3
TOTAL 21.5

Neyoor
Presentation 3
Logic 3.5
Strength 3
Persuasiveness 3
Knowledge 3.5
Rebuttals 3.5
TOTAL 19.5

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:07am On May 09, 2016
JUDGE Z

Emaculate99

Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

Logic of arguments 3

Strength of facts, examples, cases. 3

Persuasiveness 4

Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 3

Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 3

TOTAL: 19

OAUTemitayo

Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 2

Logic of arguments 2

Strength of facts, examples, cases. 1

Persuasiveness 2

Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 2

Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 2

TOTAL: 11

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

Graciousolo

Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

Logic of arguments 3

Strength of facts, examples, cases. 2

Persuasiveness 2.5

Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 3

Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 2

TOTAL: 15.5

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

Neyoor

Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 2

Logic of arguments 2

Strength of facts, examples, cases. 2

Persuasiveness 2

Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 2.5

Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 1.5

TOTAL: 12

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:16am On May 09, 2016
[size=28pt]GRAND TOTAL

OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY: 74.5

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN: 68.5[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:19am On May 09, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3660528_oau_gifa1e6187f9fac154f926fec8bacf9f790

I AM GLAD TO PRONOUNCE TO YOU THE WINNER OF THE THIRD EDITION OF NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE make some noise for.......

[size=28pt]OAU [/size]

ALL plaudit, acclamation and adoration to God for the megahit of this edition, and also to our personage Judges and audience we love you all.....
till next EDITION.....

[img]http://gif.co/vdeA.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 12:23am On May 09, 2016
Congrats to our opponent. Thanks to the judges and the moderators. Thanks to our fans and the audience of nairaland forum. Lesson learnt and knowledge acquired.

Shalom!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 12:24am On May 09, 2016
Fynestboi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3660528_oau_gifa1e6187f9fac154f926fec8bacf9f790

I AM GLAD TO PRONOUNCE TO YOU THE WINNER OF THE THIRD EDITION OF NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE make some noise for.......

[size=28pt]OAU [/size]

ALL plaudit, acclamation and adoration to God for the megahit of this edition, and also to our personage Judges and audience we love you all.....
till next EDITION.....

[img]http://gif.co/vdeA.gif[/img]
Third edition bro not second.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:26am On May 09, 2016
[size=28pt]BEST DEBATERS[/size]
[size=18pt]GOLD: OAUTemitayo Best debater to be invited to JarusHub Networking Event - an avenue to meet and dine with some Lagos professionals in a top restaurant in Lagos (We do every last Saturday of every month, and he's free to choose the month he wants: June to December 2016).

SILVER:Emaculate99

BRONZE:Catalyst4real[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Tourshaw: 12:27am On May 09, 2016
easytech1:

that is the difference between OAU products and others. OAU reps are there repping us well, fighting the course gallantly with no back up plan (supporter(s)) trying to attack opponents for them. PLS help ur better by far verywell by querying Great ife fighters.......they can handle it!

To emaculate99 and OAUTemitayo, am proud of you. continue to make us proud.........

GREAT IFE INDEED!!!
Mister! If you don't have any meaningful contribution to this intellectual brawls please, your silence will be highly recommended. Team Unilorin is made up of 4 members. We all write essays and scrutinize it before picking the best 2. And since my essay couldn't make it to the final, it means I can't contribute as contestant but as an audience. That's the modality. Ask those who know if you don't, thanks in anticipation of your reply.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Fynestboi: 12:30am On May 09, 2016
cool

NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION WINNERS.

SECOND RUNNER UP.
LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY

FIRST RUNNER UP.

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

WINNER THIRD EDITION

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1403632_oau-logo_jpegfd792ca2348535d7a50271d82c1b576d[/img]

You all are winners congratulations guys.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by whizqueen(f): 12:31am On May 09, 2016
Congrats OAU I celebrate you.
[size=16pt]Of the greatest Better By Far students!!!!!!
Of the greatest Unilorites!!!!!!!!!
In peace and harmony we end this debate tonight. You guys are winners as far as I'm concerned. You guys repped BBF well. I'm so proud of you kiss [/size]

Stayed up to celebrate with y'all. I'm glad we took the second place regardless cheesy

Neyoor
Graciousolo

Let's roll down a glass of champagne in celebration cool

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Catalyst4real: 12:33am On May 09, 2016
A debate well fought, a battle well faced, Enjoyed every minute of it.
Congrats OAU
Congrats Unilorin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 12:35am On May 09, 2016
whizqueen:
Congrats OAU I celebrate you.
[size=16pt]Of the greatest Better By Far students!!!!!!
Of the greatest Unilorites!!!!!!!!!
In peace and harmony we end this debate tonight. You guys are winners as far as I'm concerned. You guys repped BBF well. I'm so proud of you kiss [/size]

Stayed up to celebrate with y'all. I'm glad we took the second place regardless cheesy
Neyoor
Graciousolo
Let's roll down a glass of champagne in celebration cool
[size=4pt]Neyoor send me a pm. Gat something for you guys[/size]

Let's suspend the celebration till 2mao jare. Sleep iyaf come and ba3 is down.

Thanks for the support all through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 12:36am On May 09, 2016
Tourshaw:

Mister! If you don't have any meaningful contribution to this intellectual brawls please, your silence will be highly recommended. Team Unilorin is made up of 4 members. We all write essays and scrutinize it before picking the best 2. And since my essay couldn't make it to the final, it means I can't contribute as contestant but as an audience. That's the modality. Ask those who know if you don't, thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Unfortunately, my culture will not permit me to return your approach. Productive time deserves not to be wasted arguing on bygones. In the interest of our deserved victory (Great Ife victory).........shallom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / Adu Iyanu: FUTA Student Builds 100wh Laptop Power Bank, Power Station & Lamp / Bad Things You Did In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.