Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. (683 Views)

This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years / My Former Boss Disgraced Me, Threw Me Out, Called Me A Liar...now They Are Beggi / Rate My Fresh Banana (18+ Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by eddycolo(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Nairalanders. .. I feel compelled to share this strange experience I just had with a colleage. And In need of your advice.

Just for a brief introduction, am presently a serving corper, posted to nasarawa in one of the interior villages after Akwanga. Batch B 2015, stream 2. Our session started last year, to round off this year September. I am just an average corper, just that I had the opportunity to work a little before coming for service, by God's grace I was able to get for myself a Nissan Murano Suv which I took with me to my Place of primary Assignment. Because of accommodation issues I was not steady. It was this April that I was able to get something reasonable. Before now, I have already acquainted myself with a colleague, a female corper, lets call her Shiela . Not that I am not acquainted to others, just that we talk a little bit more than the rest, and she gives me heads up on any activity pertaining to our ppa. When I came back this april I was now hearing gist about her going out with me and it has kind of created some sort of faces off between her and some other female corpers. I dont know details and I just dont want to know.

Fast ward to the real issue. Since I now have a good and relatively decent accommodation am now more stable. My accomodation even has a split unit air condition and we happen to have relatively constant power suppy, some few friends do come to cool off on a very hot day. And this accommodation is just one thousand naira per month. It has toilet and bath inside and I know what you are thinking, it is a village. Thats why it is that cheap and the land lords are not greedy. In this accommodation I happen to live with three other female corpers, they have their separate rooms. Last week one of them callled me out and told me to be very careful with shiela. She even had to be specific and told me never to eat whatever she gives me or cook. To be honest. I was surprise to hear this and I became I little scared. I didnt ask further question I just thanked her for that information and she left. I couldn't just stop thinking about what she just told me. What could be more scary than what I just heard. It completely changed my perception about her. The next time I saw her out side I contemplated what to do, should I walk the other way or pretend I didnt see her, while in my contemplative mode I saw her walking towards my direction. When she got close I had to say hello and she responded. From my interactions with her, even before now, she seems to be a very nice lady. But sometimes her disposition do change from all happy to a sudden sadness at a moment notice. I have now started to notice. I even asked why she does that, she said its nothing. Within me I just decided that we can just be friends but would never have picnic together. Last sunday was the general market day for that village. The villagers do bring their freshly harvested organic farm products to the market. On the Saturday before the market day I stupidly told her why we are having conversation that I will be going to the market on sunday to get cooking stuffs cus I want to preparing some soup. So on sunday I went to the market, got everything that I needed for the soup but I didn't get meat. They only have one meat seller in the whole market and he wasn’t at the market at the time I was there. So I went home hoping to come back later that same day to check if the meat seller is in. While I was at home cooling off in the afternoon my phone rang, it was shiela, she told me that she will come to help me cook the soup. It was like a nightmare coming true. What have I gotten myself into, how can I gently tell her I dont want her help without her getting upset. I was lucky I didn't get the meat, so I told her that I wouldn't be able to cook cus I could not get any meat from the market. She now suggested that I should go for fish instead since there is no meat. I responded that I can't go back to the market, that I won't be able to cook again that day. She now said I shouldn't worry that tomorrow that she will accompany me to the cold room to buy fish. It now seems that there is no way of avioding it, so I decided within myself that I will give just her this opportunity to help me cook, but I must be present to also help and monitor what goes into the cooking. So on monday, my phone rang, it was her. She is ready and waiting for me. So I dressed up and left to get her from her house. On getting to house her, she was already all dressed and sitted on the pavement close to her door. When I got close, we greeted and I want to sit by her side for while as I was a liitle tired from the walk. It happens that there was something in a black lylon bag at the spot I want to sit. So I picked it up to sit. Immediately I picked it up, she rushed and grabbed it from my hand. I asked her why she had to grab it, she could have asked me to give it to her. She apologised. I asked her whats in the bag anyway. She said its nothing. I became curious and wanted to really know. That was when she told me its Maggie (spice for cooking). I told her if I could take a look, she decline and refused. I kept insisting in a joking manner. At last, she gave it to me, when I looked inside, there was Maggie and one other grinded stuffs that is brownish in colour. I dont know what it is, so I asked her what that is, she told me its a local Maggie. I thought to myself why she would behave like that just because of Maggie. Well, the reason is best known to her, and since I have nothing to do with the Maggi I didnt really mind if it's local Maggie or not. We got up and started heading to the cold room, as she got up, she took the bag and I was thinking she will go into her room to drop it off, but she didn't. She is bringing it along with us. Well, on our way to the cold room, all I could do was contemplate on why she would bring that with us. And given the way she behaved when I took it bothered me alot that she is bringing it along, knowing that we would be going to my house from there, and I don't want that local Maggi any where close to my house. I couldnt help but to ask her why she is bringing the bag along. She now told me that she will use it to cook for me. Inside of me I scream "what? Did I just hear her. When I became my normal self, I gently told her that she should please not use the one she called local Maggie in the soup. Why would you even thinking about bringing Maggie to cook. It is something any body wanting to cook must have in this side of town. She agreed not to use it. So I was relieved.

We got the fish and went to my house. So I brought out all that we needed for the soup. After which, she gently asked me to give her chance to prepared the meal. That she wants to prepare it alone. Honestly, I love helping out in the kitchen and even if I wanted to leave her alone, now I wouldnt because I really want to be sure that she didn't put that local maggie in the meal. She insisted I leave, I told her That I really don't mind helping. And I refused to leave. All through the cooking my eyes are on that bag that contained the local Maggie and she keeps moving it from one point to the next and mixing it with other food ingredients. That got me really pissed because it has become clear to me she really wants to put it in the meal. I have now lost trace of where that bag is as a result of her moving it around cus there are a hand full of same bag lying around. So I asked that I want to smell that local maggie that if it smells nice to me I will let her use it.She refused, I sweet talked her into finally bringing it out to give to me. Was careful when I took it close to my nose. It wasn't a pleasant smell, and I told her not to use it that I dont like the smell. She agreed. It was getting dark and we are almost done with the meal when she told me she want to go to the back yard to another corper to get Garri (grinded and fried cassava). When she left, I used that opportunity to properly take a look at that local maggie, the bag it is in is a little lose, so I tighten it so hard that to take even a little you will have to destroy the bag, this is so that she wouldn't even pinch to put in the meal, and secondly if she now opens it I will know cus she will have to destroy the bag. When she came back, she went straight to the bag that has the local Maggie, she has now moved it closer to the cooking pot. The bag also contain my own Maggie cube, the one I bought. While I was busy cutting the vegetables and observing what she was doing without her knowing, she took out of some of the maggie cube, pill off the wrapper and she now took the local maggie stealthily and tear off the bag and mix it with the maggie, carry it to the pot and added it to the soup. At first, I couldn't just believe what I just saw, I really have to check and be sure. So I went and asked her to put a little of that local maggie in the soup. She said no, that since I don't want it that she will not. Of course, I already know she has put it in the soup. So I went straight to the bag and looked for the local maggie, lo and behold, it has been torn and without content. The local maggie was in a white lylon bag which is place inside the black lylon bag. I can only see that same bag I tightened, but this time, torn and without its content. I pick up the white lylon bag raise it up so she could see it and asked her what she did with the local maggie. She responded be saying she threw away its content. I looked at her for a few seconds without saying any other word before walking outside. On my way out, she asked where I am going, I told her that am going to get some fresh air. While outside, I went nought temporary. What has she done? Why would she do this to me. Why did she just wasted my meal and all the effort and money becuase I will not eat it. Why would she want me to forcefully eat what I dont intend to eat. All these rhistorical questions I asked aloud while outside by myself but no answers. I know sometimes we have friends that will intentionally put something you don't like in your meal, so that they'll have a laugh at you later when you mistakenly eat and realised it. We are not even in such terms, I even bearly know her. But yet what ever the case might I dont believe she wants or intend to seriouly harm me. My fear is that I dont want to become anyone's puppy. She is not even my type of person in that sense. I know there some girls God took time to create that are out there that you would even pray to become their puppy. But not this one, or at least, not to me.

When I came back she is getting ready to prepare the garri that goes with the soup. Knowing that I wouldnt eat whatever she is now preparing I didnt stop her. I let her waste her strength and time preparing it. After all, she has caused me more pain and I will not only have go to bed hungry, I will also have to wait till sunday the market day to cook again. What kind of wickedness is this. It gets me angry each time I think about it. I am even angry now that I am talking about it to you. So while she was making the garri, the corper she went to get the garri from came in, he is my friend also. So I told her to make for him as well. When done, she told us she will like to eat at her home, so she took hers and left. The dilemma now is, since am not eating, should I allow my corper friend to eat this soup or not? If I don't want him to eat it I will have to tell him why, because the soup is already place in front of him. Well, I starting be telling him that I am hungry, but am not eating that soup. He looked at me like I was joking. I now asked him to leave the soup where it is and come with me. We went outside the compound and I told him everything. He was shocked to hear it. And refused to eat. So we both took our portions to the fence, we looked at selves, looked at the soup, I can see that the aroma from the soup is beginning to take hold on him from the way he was sniffing in the air around the soup. I told him to stop sniffing or else our effort will be furtile assuming that the soup is really spiked. At last we angrily threw the soup and garri over the fence with reckless abandonment.

We came back in to gists, I can see he feels sorry for me because I will have to throw away a whole pot of freshly made soup. He offered to me the remainder of his Egesi soup he prepared before now. I thank him, and refused because I was still angry at the whole thing.

Please Nairalanders if you were in my shoes what will you do. Should I pretend like it never happened but keep my distance? I don't think keeping of distance will work, cus if I do keep distance she will close it my still coming around. I dont know to gently tell her to stay away. What should I do please guys.
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by finalboss(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2016
ok
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Cool story. Too long.

Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by Stanleyafam(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2016
Soup of life noni
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by donbenedict(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2016
First i'd like to opine that it was a good thing u saw it all as it happened, so u wouldn't be so skeptical. It's a pity some female friends nowadays would do anything at all cost to get a man under her spell..

What I suggest u do is to have some talk with the girl who revealed to you about her and tell her all what you experienced. Then cut ties with the "witch girl"

Be careful of the girls u interact with in that village.
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by hopeforcharles(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Modified, guy you will have to avoid that girl she is not a good person, her attitude when the whole cooking was going on the lies, men run but systematically.

1 Like

Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by Adasun(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2016
cry angry
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by chriskosherbal(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2016
Really?
Re: How This Lady Made Me Threw Away My Fresh Made Soup. by ifyeky(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Y didn't u and your frnd eat d soup so dat we can reading hw 2 adults r struggling to wash a girls pants. #kop nor me things

(1) (Reply)

Must READ – The 20 Things Men Wish Women Knew / Message To DSTV - I Am Cait / The Most Fraught Issues In Relationship A MUST READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.