Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (43582 Views)

Poll: Does the New Testament require us to tithe?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
As the Alaba market guys used to say; How's "business" Agbaje and tonye-tithe? how "market"?

God is no respecter of "GO", "Pastor", "MOG", etc, What stops you all from getting real jobs?

omase ooooooo angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by aletheia(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Every act and deeds by Jesus is today meant for our interpretation with the times and seasons we find ourselves.

Good grief, so we can now interpret the bible in a relativistic way according to the times and seasons. Same argument homos.exual bishops make. No wonder you are steeped in error.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by afiq(m): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
Too many pop up Pastors building their mega million business via God's word and work these days
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 4:06am On Jan 21, 2010
John 7:12
There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds. Some said, "He's a wonderful man," while others said, "No, he's duping the public."
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by afiq(m): 6:17am On Jan 21, 2010
Since we are no longer under the Old Testament Law, we are not required to measure out a tenth of everything we earn and pay it to the Church.
On the other hand, since everything we have comes from God, and since God has supposedly written His Law on our hearts, we should be quite thoroughly generous.

There has never been an obligation for Christian to tithe. It is indeed a noble and praiseworthy thing to do, but it is not an obligation. The practice is rooted in the Old Testament laws. It's not a bad thing by any means, but neither is it a moral imperative.

What the Church does mandate (which is one of the five precepts of the Church) is that we "help to provide for the needs of the Church". The Church does not give a percentage and does not state that such provisions must be monetary.

It is often the case (at least speaking from personal experience) that we can give more than we think we can. But even so, that doesn't mean we all have to give 10%. The Church does need money to operate, but it certainly needs much more than just money.

Several other religious groups (like the Mormons) really emphasize tithing. I think we Christians see that and start to feel guilty. We shouldn't be stingy, and we should take a good look at our giving to make sure we're not just rationalizing our own selfishness, but we shouldn't (always) feel guilty about giving less than ten percent of our gross income simply because we haven't hit that threshhold.

The Church only expects financial contributions as we are able. There are times when we are not able, and that's okay. We are also asked to contribute with our time, talent, and also our prayers. Giving of ourselves in these ways help us to serve others through the Church, and we are richly blessed by it as is the Church.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 6:27am On Jan 21, 2010
afiq:

Since we are no longer under the Old Testament Law, we are not required to measure out a tenth of everything we earn and pay it to the Church.
On the other hand, since everything we have comes from God, and since God has supposedly written His Law on our hearts, we should be quite thoroughly generous.

There are different levels in Christ, We speak in Children language to Children.the tithe is foundational but in reality, All i have belong to the father. some of us have moved beyond tenth ,because its too small to offer to God,That is why it blows my mind why some are struggling and fighting over tenth,
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Annunaki(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2010
Mr agbaje what I find people to be arguing about is the wrong teachings of compulsary tithing and not tithing itself per se. You cannot justify twisting scriptures on the excuse you are giving God something he doesn't need.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 8:42am On Jan 21, 2010
@Enigma
You gave me certain scriptures to meditate on.And what i felt you were suggesting Being heavenly minded and also that our inheritance is in heaven.and also that our inheritance is not material wealth. My understanding is That we have inheritance in God ,We are called to inherit blessing. This spirirual blessing also manifest in material things ,and immaterial. health, favour , peace , joy etc being succesful on the earth is not materialism.

Enigma:

Ephes. 1:18-19
   The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [19]

This does not however suggest inheritance in heaven in the future

Enigma:

1 Cor. 2:9-12
   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

This also does not mean inheritance in  the future in heaven. The blessing of God is now here for us. Caarefuly look at verse [10]
, But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: , . [12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
As you can see here above ,it is a present hour reality . and not for future. we have recieve the holyghost so as to know what God has given us already
Look at the words of Jesus. He didnt say we should give out and become broke

Mark 10:29-30
   And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Enigma:

Col. 3:2
   Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

This is an absolute fact , and that is why we give our possesion recklessly for the Gospel, we are not attached to material possesion .

Enigma:

Quote from: Joagbaje
Paul was not a Pastor over a local Church . He would not recieve tithes from them. People give tithes in the local assembly where they recieve the word of God. They had pastors in these local churches that recieves the tithes , The local churches send money and suppot to Paul sometimes.

You are now adding to Scripture

I am not adding to scriptures, Paul was an apostle ,He started churches  but was not directly pastoring them. he had pastors that were ministers in these churches.They take tithes and offerings in these churches but Paul himself was not directly involeved with the day to day running of these Churches .

1 Cor. 9:11-13
   If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? [12] If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. [13] Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 9:01am On Jan 21, 2010
Annunaki:

Mr agbaje what I find people to be arguing about is the wrong teachings of compulsary tithing and not tithing itself per se. You cannot justify twisting scriptures on the excuse you are giving God something he doesn't need.

God never needed anything, not even your prayers or worship. but why do you worship ?It is your honour for him.Our tithe offerings prayers thanksgiving are our act of worship to God. The issue is not what God does with them but our denial and sacrifice. One of te ways God judge our greed is in our attitude to money.

Mark 12:42-44
And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. [43] And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: [44] For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

She gave the most because of the denial of self sacrifice. That is honour to God . what will he do with her mites!. but But she shall be blessed for conquering covetousnes the none tithers are strugling with
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2010
Joagbaje:
Dont quote me out of context. I quoted the scripture to buttress the fact that you give to receive, the principle of seed sowing generally. But i quoted other scripture about giving to men of God ,Why didnt you coment on those ones.

Joagbaje:
So i await your comments on these  scriptures.

I don’t have issues with how you handle your giving, it’s your money. Nobody is against giving here. I guess you give based on your understanding/interpretation of the bible and i have no right to question that. But i will always try to correct you when you post your interpretations of the gospel if I find them to be incorrect. The aim is to ensure other readers of this thread leave with a better understanding of the issue here, which is mandatory tithing for Christians.

I have to say some quotes were correctly interpreted, but none of your references/quotes address the issue on tithing. So I am likely to skip some quotes if it was not posted to justify tithing for Christians.

The idea of a ‘preacher living by the gospel’ is not a free ticket to deceive ignorant and gullible Christians into parting with their money.

Joagbaje:
Tithing is merely one of the smallest part of our givings. They are all still valid.

As long as it's personal, ba wahala.

Joagbaje:
The law says to worship only one God, has Jesus nulified that ? (1tm 2:5}
The law says honor your parents          has jesus nulified that ?(Eph 6:2)
So if tithing came with the law ,Jesus didnt nulify it but rather encourage us to do it without neglecting justice mercy etc. But tithing didnt orginate under the law The law only amplified it. It is based on principles of honour to God ,our willful worship to him as our source.

Tithing under the law was for the Jews. There is no record anywhere of Gentiles tithing and even if they did tithe, it will not be in accordance with the Jewish custom. You are yet to prove that tithing is a mandatory requirement for Christians and it should be performed in accordance with the Jewish custom (i.e. rendering a tenth of your income to the temple storehouse for distribution by the Levites, if you can find any). And please stop saying that Jesus encouraged tithing, I don’t know why you guys keep seeing Jesus comment in Mathew 23:23 as words of encouragement.

Joagbaje:
If you dont give ,Fine  but allow us with our convictions. The testimonies of our lives are enpugh witness

Nobody is stopping you from giving. Your testimonies and what you attribute it to is personal to you. Please preach giving as taught by Christ and the Apostles. This is what is required of you. Don’t add or remove from it.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2010
Joagbaje:
Tithing was never an issue in early Church. The issues they had was circumcision and salvation by works instead of by faith. Tithing never brought salvation and was never used as and issue  because it was a an acceptable thing and part of life

If the gentiles were tithing before they received the good news, who was the recipient? The sun god shamash?  Did the gentiles have a temple with a priest to collect on behalf of the recipient? How was the tithing structured? Was it rendered to a storehouse in the temple of shamash for the priest? Can you then provide evidence that they continued with this practice subsequently?

If the gentiles were not tithing, then it has to be introduced by the Apostles, can you provide a confirmation from the bible that this was done? I am sure if it was a way of life it would have been mentioned by the Apostles who paid so much attention to Christian giving. You can’t preach so much about giving without mentioning tithe if it was a mandatory practice.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2010
Joagbaje:
why is it the giving part either of offering or tithe that is paining you guys.

It issue is not the giving part, it's the lie you preach.

Joagbaje:
Paul was not a Pastor over a local Church . He would not recieve tithes from them. People give tithes in the local assembly where they recieve the word of God. They had pastors in these local churches that recieves the tithes , The local churches send money and gifts to Paul.

shocked shocked shocked You say this with so much confidence, like you are one of those pastors.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 10:08am On Jan 21, 2010
Joagbaje:

Be a honporable and honest man. This is tithe not temple tax. The Temple taxes were strictly for the maintainance of the temple.not for welfare of priest.The only portion the priest have was tithes and offerings of the people.

Please note that the priest only receive 1% and not 10% of tithes from the people.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2010
ogajim:

I pray you both will not be deluded again!

*How i wish i could get the whole day here to field questions from napkin-Xtians safe for my time consuming job*

Dude, I pray you get out of your own DELUSION pretty soon cool cool

You have FAILED far too many times in your OWN thread to answer simple questions directed at you and have the nerve to call others deluded for simply challenging your heresy.

Freewill offering is what the Apostles taught, if Jesus Christ meant for them to preach tithe like the thieving pastors preach today, he would have simply selected all of them from the house of Levi. Christ himself preached LOVE ABOVE everything else, show me a passage from the Bible where Jesus Christ said ", when I was broke, you never supported my ministry with tithes, "

You guys ought to be ASHAMED of this highway robbery while ARMED with the Bible scheme.

Goooshhhhh, Ogajim to be candid your posts are getting so dumb by each passing thread here. Ok what do you understand by FREEWILL OFFERINGS that you've been preaching here and there like a suckler. angry angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2010
ogajim:

As the Alaba market guys used to say; How's "business" Agbaje and tonye-tithe? how "market"?

God is no respecter of "GO", "Pastor", "MOG", etc, What stops you all from getting real jobs?

omase ooooooo angry angry angry angry

Is that what the topic is all about? undecided undecided undecided Ogajim *shakes head*
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2010
aletheia:

Good grief, so we can now interpret the bible in a relativistic way according to the times and seasons. Same argument homos.exual bishops make. No wonder you are steeped in error.

Do you even read the bible, maybe i should help you!

2 Tim 3:16 - All Scripture is Given by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, doctrine and training in righteousness, NIV
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2010
Tonye-t:

Every act and deeds by Jesus is today meant for our interpretation with the times and seasons we find ourselves.

aletheia:

Tonye-t:

Do you even read the bible, maybe i should help you!

2 Tim 3:16 - All Scripture is Given by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, doctrine and training in righteousness, NIV

Oga Tonye-tithe, i was expecting better clarification from you. I guess it's easy for me to conclude at this time that you dont have any problem twisting the scripture to provide justification for mandatory tithing. Na wa for you.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2010
afiq:

Is tithing a LAW? prove it! and again YOU SHOULD ALSO GO AHEAD AND SAY SINCE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE OT LAW, WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ABSTAIN FROM FORNICATION. *sighs*

afiq:

There has never been an obligation for Christian to tithe. It is indeed a noble and praiseworthy thing to do, but it is not an obligation. The practice is rooted in the Old Testament laws. It's not a bad thing by any means, but neither is it a moral imperative.[/b]

U think so? Lets see

Matt.23:23 - He [Jesus] said to them practise Mercy, practise justice, practise faithfulness and also do not neglect to practise tithing.(English paraphrased version)

Mr.Afiq, pls who made this scriptural quote above?

afiq:

What the Church does mandate (which is one of the five precepts of the Church) is that we "help to provide for the needs of the Church". The Church does not give a percentage and does not state that such provisions must be monetary.[/b]

True talk, which makes Tithing a giving beyong percentile borders abi? na u talk o cheesy cheesy cheesy because one of the ways the church and its clerics were cartered for was thru' tithing,trailing the days of Abraham AND on the second note, no one has ever said it must be in moentary terms.

afiq:

It is often the case (at least speaking from personal experience) that we can give more than we think we can. But even so, that doesn't mean we all have to give 10%. The Church does need money to operate, but it certainly needs much more than just money.

But the clerics [church workers] need money as well as the widows, orphans to make a living.

1 Cor 9:
>>> 13[b] Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple[/b], and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

>>>14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Thanx!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2010
Mr Zikkyy,

I have already done a detail and comprehension on the topic and as such will not be making sumptous post ANYMORE!

Click here if you want more explanation about the topic
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Annunaki(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2010
@agbaje
You still failed to address the issue I raised, we all agree the church needs money to function but is that enough reason to twist the word of God? Can't they limit themselves to what is freelly given to them instead of deceiving the flock entrusted to their care?
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
Tonye-t:

Mr Zikkyy,
I have already done a detail and comprehension on the topic and as such will not be making sumptous post ANYMORE!
Click here if you want more explanation about the topic

My post was a response to your comment below

Tonye-t:

BTW your 'detail and comprehension' is not adding value here. Its definitely not supporting the topic. I advise you post more 'detail and comprehesion' to support the initial post.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
Tonye-t:

Kunle,

If you boldly and shamelessly come here to say Paul only taught Timothy and titus about running the church without lessons of making a living for themselves from the same gospel. then i'll say you are all men most hypocrite! angry angry

1 Cor 9:
>>> 13 Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

>>>14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.
NIV

I wish the day you'll wake up from this self delusion of deceit and rantings and embrace the simple truth in God's word

I have never for once said preachers should not earn their living from the gospel, what i have been consistent in saying is that this frauduent doctrine of compulsary tithing is wrong from the biblical perspective and it is a doctrine from the very pits of hell. Any preacher of the gospel should at least be honest enough to preach the gospel correctly and not twist it becos his god is his belly, as Jesus said you cannot serve God and marmon. tongue That aside the scriptures you quoted were not directed to timothy or titus so what point are you trying to prove? It is not on record that Paul gave them any teachings of making a living for themselves whilst preaching the gospel. For all you know hey could have been following paul's example of working for a living and giving[not receiving] of their substance to the less priviledged in the church as Paul taught.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
Joagbaje:

@KunleOshob
Be a honporable and honest man. [b]This is tithe not temple tax. The Temple taxes were strictly for the maintainance of the temple.not for welfare of priest.[/b]The only portion the priest have was tithes and offerings of the people.
[b]
TEMPLE TAX KO, TEMPLE TAX NI

Even after showing you scriptures to show you that it was a paltry Temple Tax [and not tithes] that approved for the running of the temple, the legion of marmon demons within you would push you to dimiss it as if it is not biblical. commonsense would dictate to you that maintance money of a building, temple in this case would include the salaries and wages of the workers that work there which was the levites in the biblical case. Tithes was NEVER meant for the upkeep of the levites as it was food meant to be eaten and the levites tithes was only given once in three years. If the levites were to wait for three years before they receive their share of the tithes i am sure they would be long dead from starvation before then so evidently it was the temple tax that was being used to sustain them and not tithes as you wrongly claim cos no where in the bible was tithes ever recorded as money but temple tax was.  tongue Trust pentecostal pastors to dismiss parts of the bible that does not favour their love for filthy lucre and marmon worship.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2010
These tithe/prosperity P*I*M*P*S can only deceive the KIDS but their day will come for sure.

If you believe you have to tithe, go ahead it's your money but don't tell me it is a Christian requirement. Some of us give offerings where we fellowship, help folks in need that happen to be in our midst, do some work in the place we fellowship (no need to go into billing rate here), treat others with LOVE, etc and feel GOOD about it.

To say that there are "blessings" attached to giving 10% to your "Church", "MOG", "Pastor", etc is HERESY and those who ask/beg for it are THIEVES/Wolves in sheep's clothing.

"Prosperity" has nothing to do with MONEY, most of us make enough of that and want other kinds of prosperity which have more VALUE.

I am done with this gymnastics from Agbaje and tonye-tithe because they are either ROBOTS or "MOGs shocked" (say it ain't so) but I will leave you with this:

Proverbs 23:4-5 (King James Version)

4Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

5Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

Proverbs 23:4-5 (Amplified Bible)

4Weary not yourself to be rich; cease from your own [human] wisdom.(A)

5Will you set your eyes upon wealth, when [suddenly] it is gone? For riches certainly make themselves wings, like an eagle that flies toward the heavens.

GREED will "kill" some people!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Ogajim
Preachers like tonye-tithe and agbaje who gleefully twist scriptures have existed since old testament times, read what God has to say about such preachers below and the reason they twist scriptures:

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
      when your preachers have twisted it by writing lies?

9 These wise preachers will fall
      into the trap of their own foolishness,
   for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
      Are they so wise after all?
   10 I will give their wives to others
      and their farms to strangers.
   From the least to the greatest,
      their lives are ruled by greed.
   Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
      They are all frauds.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
Tonye-t:

True talk, which makes Tithing a giving beyong percentile borders abi? na u talk o cheesy cheesy cheesy because one of the ways the church and its clerics were cartered for was thru' tithing,trailing the days of Abraham AND on the second note, no one has ever said it must be in moentary terms.

Oga Tonye-t, which church are you talking about now? or do you mean temple?  tithe was not used for church maintenance. Are you saying that Abraham was also paying tithe to a temple? Where you dey buy your bible BTW? We need to examine that your bible so we can confirm if it's an approved/authentic version.

If you be pastor you go suck your congregation dry. Tried to picture you on the pulpit preaching the good false news, the image that keeps recurring in my mind is that of Count Dracula. Am serious.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
Zikkyy:

Oga Tonye-t, which church are you talking about now? or do you mean temple? tithe was not used for church maintenance. Are you saying that Abraham was also paying tithe to a temple? Where you dey buy your bible BTW? We need to examine that your bible so we can confirm if it's an approved/authentic version.

If you be pastor you go suck your congregation dry. Tried to picture you on the pulpit preaching the good false news, the image that keeps recurring in my mind is that of Count Dracula. Am serious.

grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
Zikkyy:

Oga Tonye-t,

[size=18pt]If you be pastor you go suck your congregation dry. Tried to picture you on the pulpit preaching the good false news, the image that keeps recurring in my mind is that of Count Dracula. Am serious.[/size]

Zikkyy you just tickled me  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You're very funny! I could stop laffing here. Allah! grin grin grin grin grin btw you know i cant do that na? na wa for u o
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
ogajim:

To say that there are[b] "blessings" attached [/b] to giving 10% to your "Church", "MOG", "Pastor", etc is HERESY and those who ask/beg for it are THIEVES/Wolves in sheep's clothing.

True talk my brother. The above is very key to the fraud called mandatory tithing for Christians. I have requested a number of times for sample of these blessings. They always void such question cos any attempt to respond will expose the sham. If you say there are blessings attached, why not disclose so some of us can start tithing as well.

ogajim:

"Prosperity" has nothing to do with MONEY, most of us make enough of that and want other kinds of prosperity which have more VALUE.

When you are desperate to make money or stay made, you are likely to lose your mind, thats why some people monetize anything.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by afiq(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ tonye t

Are u done twisting the Bible
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2010
KunleOshob
KunleOshob:

Preachers like tonye-tithe and agbaje who gleefully twist scriptures have existed since old testament times, read what God has to say about such preachers below and the reason they twist scriptures:

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
when your preachers have twisted it by writing lies?

9 These wise preachers will fall
into the trap of their own foolishness,
for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
Are they so wise after all?
10 I will give their wives to others
and their farms to strangers.
From the least to the greatest,
their lives are ruled by greed.
Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
They are all frauds.

In your hypocricy ,you are just so desperate in justifying Your anti christ and anti church campaign that youre ready to twist anything. Look at yourself you are so desperate that you dont even have enough patience to check up the new scripture you just "discovered" .This scriture is about political leaders in israel.and not church pastors. Just because you saw "PASTOR" You eye is bulging. You are busy pasting it all over nairaland, taking advantage of ignorant people more ignorant than you. This your fruitless campaign is not about tithe and offering. You are just mad at Church because you dont belong to any . You dont have a pastor and you want to make others fatherless like you. Either you guys like it or not, The church will prosper, The work of God will move forward, as long as people like us are there ,pastors will continually have money to reach out to the world. Those who are doing nothing for Christ and are busy critisizing those who aree producing result for jesus will fail. Souls will be saved ,Devils will be cast out, the sick will be healed, .The name of Christ will be magnified in all world, through TV,Radio, internet,satelite books and tapes ,ipod,mp3. Then Jesus shall come.He will praise us for the work we have done through our giving and partnership.

HE WILL PRAISE YOU FOR FIGHTING HIS CHURCH AND MAKING MOCKERY OF THE MEN HE IS USING?
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2010
@ KunleOshob
The response was meant for another post of yours , not this one. Well it's still a message for you anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy / The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Mbaka Mobilises Support For Buhari’s Reelection Despite Catholic Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.