Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act (51285 Views)

Tiwa Savage Is Probably A Child Of Chango And Oshun - Azealia Banks / Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy / Tiwa Savage Is Gorgeous In New Makeup Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by bitingcool: 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
cold:

Sigh..even god could not hold his own kingdom together. What say you now?

Na wa ooo, the kind of effontery people display when talking about God!!! Your. Creator!! Abasi have mercy!
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

You have a strong point there which I will slightly disagree with you. Tiwa in this case should wait till what the court says instead of acting like the husband here. if we were to go by your western court. Even in most cases, the west usually look into what's going on in the house.

Now western court will most likely give the child to Tiwa according to the west (Particularly the U.S here where everything is about money, the rest don't count because it's their culture.. A capitalist enviroment where 1% super rich control the rest 90%. A very unjust system and far from being a perfect system.

Now the court wont look into realities and how the Child's life could be affected here. Tiwa is a Busy Woman to the call. Mostly may not even have time for the Child. preffer to save her job and move on. I tell you, there are loads of scandals waiting ahead for the same tiwa. A growing child does not need such enviroment where the mother lives as a single mother.

I would pretty much also support the child staying with tiwa if she could get married as soon as possible but trust me, reality is far from that. The post is about the Child here. The future of the Child. What enviroment is ok for the child mind you, its not by money all the time. This is why i will always back the Yoruba Customs.

Are you talking about T Balogun's other 3 kids in U.S.. That is U.S not Nigeria please.. WHich is even worse here, T Balogun will be paying allimoney on the three kids, in most cases paying the baby mama that is if he returns to U.S or to the kids.

WHat are you even talking about. In Ireland, it has even turn to Business. Woman there have abused the law to the extent that, if you use condom for them, they will carry your sperm and pour it back into their hole. Why because they want to turn you to their ATM machine..
That one cannot work in Nigeria oh.

And by the way, I can bet that there are people pushing Tiwa to commit this suicide. Tiwa wants to tell me it's the first time she caught him messing arround ? He's also aware of Tiwa's s3xing anything that stands so what's the big deal ? .. So what is the point..

In this case, the two can easily solve the problem between themselves. But those Pushing tiwa, pushed her to sack him so he wont be arround while they are Fcking here left right.. This alone is enough to make his head blow.

You now have a traumatized, jobeless baby seater, father even cooking for the family here to showing some care back in the day.

And he's not Jobless, his job needs that he goes to Club almost every night, meet with new singers or upcoming artists to sign or get a managering job since wife sacked him. Go to places where celebrities go so he can get contract.

I am not backing both parties fcking around like dogs. My own is the Child. I support the notion that what Tiwa said about the Child is wrong. Very wrong.

the problem is that you are thinking like a man and know very little of motherhood.

a lot of women working strugging etal will still find far more time for their kids than men in equivlent positions.

you have this preconcieved notion that tiwa will not have time for her son.

as to Tbillz being jobless, that is the direct fallout of his actions. you think people in the industry dont know he was ripping his wife off?
if he could do that to his wife, what would he do to another artiste he had no ties to? add that to his cocaine habit, and you should know why he has no clients.

as to all your blather about tiwa being fked left and right, you only have tbillz claims on that.

its just like the wizkid linda ikeji beef

when a naija man has been outclassed by a woman, he resorts to crude sexual insults and innuendos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by delishpot: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
BabaO2:

why woman woman woman...? you are a dog, no problem, kotunui ...

Hahaha, was that supposed to make me mad? #FreedomOfSpeach. Glad you exercised your right well.

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by gemale(m): 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
nigga 4k dt stupid culture. No b d same culture wey talk say if u gv ur pikn meat/egg, im go turn thief? Na d same foolish culture wey dey try bobo us say no b human being dey inside masquerades bt d spirit of our ancestors. who e don epp? U wan make tiwa carry her only pikn wey she carry 4 belle, suffer born gv dt useless, yeye man because of 1 yeye culture wey neva invent anythn of value b4? Afta all d insult d punk kpakay gv am on top social media, im no deserve any regard 4rm her. D fact say d guy try kill imself don cement d fact say im b unfit parent & im go b bad influence in d lyf of d pikn. In fact, she try as she talk say im go dey even c d pikn sef. Whether na yoruba land or chinko land, na stupidity 4 her 2 leave her pikn wt d man or im family.

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by BitterTruthUass(f): 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
Tunji is a loser in terms of custody over the child both in Nigeria and in the UK.

For anyone saying Yoruba customary Act cheesy, I laugh in Swahili. The same Act written by biased minds while drinking shekpee which the

current caretakers will sweep aside for a brown envelope. Where Tunji wan begin fight, he doesn't have that capacity so he should Gerrah rah here...

6 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by coachwilcox(m): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
ourchoice:
If not for money and material need, majority of Nigerian women won't marry any man! #FACT

If TeeBillz had money, Tiwa wouldn't have disgraced him the way she did...2face Idibia, Danjuma, Late MKO Abiola, Late Abacha, Shino Peters, etc are more irresponsible than Teebillz but still, their wives and concubines who are prettier and hotter than Tiwa Savage times 2 condone them and even defend their cheating and irresponsible lifestyles!

If you are a guy or man reading this, please listen up: you are dead to women if you don't have money as a man...but you are the most loving, caring and faithful man to women so long as you have the money!

Women are smarter than men of today, too bad....women screen men based on how much they have but men screen women based on inconsequential physical beauty that fades the moment u get the woman to be yours.

It's high time Nigerian men wake up and start dating and marrying women based on how much they (women) have too....divorce her if she looses her job! divorce her if she fails to contribute to the family upkeep! Don't marry her if she doesn't have a good job, not from a rich family and not earning big income! Nigerian men wake up! Nigerian ladies are taking u Nigerian men for a fool!

A Nigerian guy will be rich and go marry one broke girl and turn her life and that of her family around for good....but no rich Nigerian lady agrees to date or marry an average-income Nigerian guy....and if she dares, she must be too old and ugly! and must be controlling the poor guy's life like a remote controlled CCTV camera! cry

Guys wake up!

Ini Edo only divorced her husband because things became bad for him financially and he started depending on Ini Edo for money...the same thing is happening now between Tiwa and TeeBilllz, why? because Nigerian women are only after money and once the man can't dish out the money like before, he's dead and gone!

If Omotola's husband was broke, Omotola would have divorced him long time ago...same with Stephanie Okereke, etc...to these women, it's all about the money!

Davido was right: life to Nigerian women is all about the money and nothing else!

Have u guys ever wondered why Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, etc are all single It's simply because they are waiting for Dangote son or some billionaire to marry them and squander more money on them!

They don't want to settle down with an average-income earner or ordinary millionaire guy, they want billionaires, shame on Nigerian women and their mad love for money!! cry

Nigerian guys wake up too! Don't date or marry a broke girl again! If your wife was working and looses her job, pls divorce her asap and marry a richer lady, simple!!!

Let's all join the women and play the game too!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by sweatlana: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:
Written by Grandson Soyemi.

Tiwa Salvage says she will always allow her estranged husband to have access to their son. As a Yoruba woman, she is totally in the wrong here. This is more so because the Yoruba people have three phases of marriage: the Introduction, the Engagement and the Registry, Church or Mosque Ceremony.

The most significant of the three stages is the engagement proper which is often conducted under the Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act.
The Act states that the children of the union between a husband and a wife belong to the father and if the father dies, the children belong to his immediate family. Tiwa's husband has all the rights over their child, according to the Yoruba culture and tradition, which are laws in Yorubaland.

However, this tradition is not the same as those of the White in America or the English from the United Kingdom, where more often than not it is the wife who has the custody of the children. In Yorubaland, it is the father who has the custody. Tiwa, therefore has no right whatsoever over the child of her union with the husband. She is in Lagos, Yorubaland and not in New York or London.
I have done this post to educate the gullible Yoruba Youth who may have watched Tiwa's video. On reflection, I am, however disturbed on the mores and mishaps that increasingly afflict love and marriage among young Yorubas.

Our society expects us all to get married. With only rare exceptions, we all do just that. Getting married is a rather complicated business. It involves mastering certain complex hustling and courtship games, the rituals and the ceremonies that celebrate the act of marriage, and finally the difficult requirements of domestic life with a husband or wife. It is an enormously elaborate round of activities, much more so than finding a job, and yet while many resolutely remain unemployed, few remain unmarried.

Now all this would not be particularly remarkable if there were no question about the advantages, the joys, and the rewards of married life, but most Yoruba, even young Yoruba, know or have heard that marriage is a hazardous affair.
Of course, for all the increase in divorce, there are still young marriages that work, unions made by young men and women intelligent or fortunate enough to find the kind of mates they want, who know that they want children and how to love them when they come, or who find the artful blend between giving and receiving.

It is not these marriages that concern us here, and that is not the trend in Yoruba today. We are concerned with the increasing number of others who, with mixed intentions and varied illusions, grope or fling themselves into marital disaster. They talk solemnly and sincerely about working to make their marriage succeed, but they are very aware of the countless marriages they have seen fail.
But young people in particular do not seem to be able to relate the awesome divorce statistics to the probability of failure of their own marriage. And they rush into it, in increasing numbers, without any clear idea of the reality that underlies the myth.
I can only hope Tiwa and her husband find the grace to work things out on their own.

Yes we know. That's why God sent the white men to bring there civilised law which we accepted and made higher than our customary law.
The best interest of the child will determine who keeps him.
No court will hand a child over to a drug addicted jobless broke mentally unstable man.

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nature129(m): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
adeaks:
I have never heard of a Yoruba Customary Marriage Act before. Which of the Yoruba states passed the act into law? Who signed it?

In any case, Tiwa and Tbillz were married under the Marriage Act and she has filed for divorce accordingly. The divorce proceedings will be done according to the Marriage Act and not any phantom Yoruba Cust. Marr. Act.

The only thing I am wondering is; since Tbillz is the party who is jobless and earns less, will he ask the court to award him maintenance from Tiwa Savage?

Alimony is paid if it's the woman's fault that they are getting divorced. In the US, men find it extremely shameful to ask for it even if the woman earns more and she's obviously the cause of the divorce.

What most men do is pay "child support" to the woman, but alimony payment (to men) is very rare as men often have ego over their spouse so they wouldn't ask for women's money.

In this scenario, alimony does not apply because based on the info available to me, TeeBillz is the reason Tiwa is filing for a divorce
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Swints: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
Op you are so funny. So u think its only the Yoruba tradition or customary crap that will determine who gets to keep the kid? A man that's practically a living dead n does nothing to contribute to his child upkeep will never get custody of the child o especially a child under age 5. Its sad that lots of guys now are so lazy leaving the women to become breadwinners.

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
ourchoice:
If not for money and material need, majority of Nigerian women won't marry any man! #FACT

If TeeBillz had money, Tiwa wouldn't have disgraced him the way she did...2face Idibia, Danjuma, Late MKO Abiola, Late Abacha, Shino Peters, etc are more irresponsible than Teebillz but still, their wives and concubines who are prettier and hotter than Tiwa Savage times 2 condone them and even defend their cheating and irresponsible lifestyles!

If you are a guy or man reading this, please listen up: you are dead to women if you don't have money as a man...but you are the most loving, caring and faithful man to women so long as you have the money!

Women are smarter than men of today, too bad....women screen men based on how much they have but men screen women based on inconsequential physical beauty that fades the moment u get the woman to be yours.

It's high time Nigerian men wake up and start dating and marrying women based on how much they (women) have too....divorce her if she looses her job! divorce her if she fails to contribute to the family upkeep! Don't marry her if she doesn't have a good job, not from a rich family and not earning big income! Nigerian men wake up! Nigerian ladies are taking u Nigerian men for a fool!

A Nigerian guy will be rich and go marry one broke girl and turn her life and that of her family around for good....but no rich Nigerian lady agrees to date or marry an average-income Nigerian guy....and if she dares, she must be too old and ugly! and must be controlling the poor guy's life like a remote controlled CCTV camera! cry

Guys wake up!

Ini Edo only divorced her husband because things became bad for him financially and he started depending on Ini Edo for money...the same thing is happening now between Tiwa and TeeBilllz, why? because Nigerian women are only after money and once the man can't dish out the money like before, he's dead and gone!

If Omotola's husband was broke, Omotola would have divorced him long time ago...same with Stephanie Okereke, etc...to these women, it's all about the money!

Davido was right: life to Nigerian women is all about the money and nothing else!

Have u guys ever wondered why Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, etc are all single It's simply because they are waiting for Dangote son or some billionaire to marry them and squander more money on them!

They don't want to settle down with an average-income earner or ordinary millionaire guy, they want billionaires, shame on Nigerian women and their mad love for money!! cry

Nigerian guys wake up too! Don't date or marry a broke girl again! If your wife was working and looses her job, pls divorce her asap and marry a richer lady, simple!!!

Let's all join the women and play the game too!
Alaye, God bless you 4 dis piece. Seriously, u are on point. You jst said nothing but the hard truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Bookiemart01:
MUMU POST of the year

Without viewing ya gender, u must be a lady. But truth be told, this dude gat a point in what u termed "mumu post"
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by gemale(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Very well written.

But be still and ready for the feminists and the feminist apologist to try to brow beat you down though.

keep defending sexism & 1 obsolete custom dt has less value dan bull crap (@ least dt 1 can b used as manure). So wld u advise ur sister 2 leave her only child wt a man lyk dt & his family?
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by suteco16: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ejo elejo!
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by darediamond(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
[color=#990000]Tiwa is a cheerful and joyful giver.

I heard she has a problem with her neck, that's why she doesn't say "NO" to grin

I call her[b] Donatus, Obum-n'eke, Givinus[[/b]/color]

Haa!! For God sake!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by DrMuzungu(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:
The chances are TeeBillz will have his parent take good care of the child which is the best thing to do here or if he gets married on time to another woman.

Oh God, dash this mumu sense! Anyway, which of his parents, his mother or his father?

scully95:
I am very sure why the helders decided this is because kids learn faster from their mother and it's the reason they say mother's tongue.

What are the helders you are talking about? What are they, erm... helding?

scully95:
For that reason i think kids will learn faster to be a prostitute living with mother than living with father.

I guess you are judging here based on your own experience, being brought up by your single mother, right? And that brings us to another question... How much do you sell for your diseased yansh on the streets of wherever you live?

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by haul: 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
BitterTruthUass:
I am not obliged to explain in detail hence truncated. TeeBills have everything to lose with regards to legal access to the child in a developed society.

95 percent Nigerians here are lay minded so you have to speak the language when you find yourself in Rome. I can broaden your mind wider in terms of child custody in civilized societies more than anyone else so feel free to consult me for a fee grin.

You're trying to put a mental effort but you lack the needed force to power the subject of the matter. gringrin

Civilised world? I already know you will comeback with such riposte, you can broaden my mind on child custody? I thought you that already anything you have to say is going to be doctoring what I posited earlier on grin
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by empress4u: 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
When did these two get married that they are estranging themselves. the way that lady goes half nude sometimes makes me think if she has respect for her husband. What is this about this fame that women cannot summit themselves and be patient in their marriages. Enjoy the fame and at old age we will see if the fame will take care of u.
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by macof(m): 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
delishpot:
Yes. The custom of enslavement. Later you guys come here to wonder why our mothers and foremothers never left their abusive and sad marriages. This is the reason why. The custom made sure to tie a woman down to a man one way or the other.man.
If she left the child as custom wants to force her to do, it's still those same hypocrites that will say she abandoned her baby and left the marriage. If she wants to carry her baby and leave those same people will say according to custom she should leave baby with the man. How then can a woman escape an unhappy and abusive marriage?

don't be quick to attack yoruba customs. .. every law is made with the best interest of the people at heart.

anyway @op. .. I don't really think the Yoruba have a set in rule as to child custody... Yes in Yoruba culture the father owns the child but Yoruba culture also talks so fondly about Motherhood and the unbreakable bond of mother - child

in some cases in yorubaland, the children don't live with their father but cannot live without their mother. ..unless she disgracefully(to herself) abandons them.

what is most important is that the child doesn't live with another man acting as a father when the real father is still alive. ..and has relatives
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Heavance(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
Iceprince is the most affected here o.....now, he has to remake his song, shey you know TeeBillz and Tiwa see mama that can't be us (chorus: Dem no ginger me, ginger me).
Girls, please learn, not all the smiles you see on wedding day is real, all na make believe..... please don't rush into any marriage.
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by macof(m): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
This is 2016 not 1867.

Wake up you drunk gay fish

all that insult for what?

so it's 2016? does that mean "act like westerners year"?
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by jstriker442(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

Who is talking about bride price here ? The Child belonging to the Father, means it used the rope to tie the wife down to the father right ? If the wife wants to go here, she's also free to go. So what's the point ?

How did that tie the wife down to the Husband ? She can also visit but the father will have full custody of the child (especially when it's one child) and when Child grows up to 18 he or she can decide where to go.

And this is simply because of Ladies generally. Single ladies in Yoruba land are always suspected to be fcking about anyhow or some even turn prostitutes. (Even when they are married they are still fcking abt carelessely, and kids learn very fast from them especially when these kids are not with their fathers or the two living together)

So you expect the kid here to grow up and be like her mother right ? Again this is not London or Uk or even Russia where they have a different culture. This is Yoruba land and the helders must have seen a lot before coming to this conclusion.

If we are to even go by your idealism of slavery, it's catholic here that is doing that. As we speak it's almost impossible to get a divorce and marry again in Catholic church.
What is that ?
for this write up, i doff cap fr u. U ar very african. Deeply rooted in archaic traditions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Pamelayoung: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Grandson or watever u call urself, you can go take the child away from her na. Rubbish! She shld leave her suckling child to a drug addict.
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by BitterTruthUass(f): 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nah you are among the 95 percent so im not disappointed in your inability, see it as a talent and have a nice day petit cun grin grin grin grin

haul:

You're trying to put a mental effort but you lack the needed force to power the subject of the matter. gringrin

Civilised world? I already know you will comeback with such riposte, you can broaden my mind on child custody? I thought you that already anything you have to say is going to be doctoring what I posited earlier on grin
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by cap28: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
Many years ago when women gave birth to twins we used to abandon them in the bush why dont we go back to that primitive and backward tradition? Tiwa made a very big mistake by marrying this man he is a user and a big time loser and yet some morons are expecting her to leave the child that he doesn't even support with this loser! Tradition is not set in stone its supposed to evolve with time

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by scully95: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
DrMuzungu:

Oh God, dash this mumu sense! Anyway, which of his parents, his mother or his father?
I was thinking Satan in the Bible gave you a devlish sense. Satan Punish jesus and devil first and the god of Hebrew 2nd on the line. Ode of the 21st century. It could be his mother or his father or even himself. The facts remains kids learn faster from Mother than father. if there is any bad the Woman has which we will see more people continue to fck her left right. This kid will quickly learn from that and the future here may be uncertain. Only a few cases you have the kid turn out to be very good.

In the case of Teebillz, he was also affected by this. His father threw him away to live with mother. Now see product of a mum upbringing ? Turned the child to a totally spoilt child. Get some brains by the way cos you have non in there. You expect the same thing to happen to the same Child with Tiwa ? Teebillz has learned the had way here. Oponu

DrMuzungu:

What are the helders you are talking about? What are they, erm... helding?
If you use Nairaland, you will search and see where the helders are. You don't even need google cos that is foreign. Mufu

DrMuzungu:

I guess you are judging here based on your own experience, being brought up by your single mother, right? And that brings us to another question... How much do you sell for your diseased yansh on the streets of wherever you live?

Another ode comment. It happened to your generation and it's the reason you think like omo ale jati jati. Nonentity of the day. You should change your first name to ode, second name to Didirin'dara and last name to Satan in the bible.
You asked for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by macof(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
based on my knowledge of Yoruba culture... I'll say Tiwa can have custody of the child only if she is not to marry again or sleep with another man before the child reaches adulthood :p
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by haul: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
BitterTruthUass:
Nah you are among the 95 percent so im not disappointed in your inability, see it as a talent and have a nice day petit cun grin grin grin grin

What 95percent? Oooh I forgot you suddenly got off the boat and you think you're sane right? grin even if you lack mental wit, one can't deny the fact that it process spurious stats in seconds. Pick a career in statistic madam. grin
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by chris51(f): 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
The main reason why marriages break up, is because of attitude of young ones.
Emphasis is focused on the ceremony.
For goodness sake, marriage is different from wedding.
Marriage begins when wedding ceremony is over. Marriage is REAL but WEDDING is just a ceremony.
In marriage, you learn to know your spouse, the family etc.
During courtship, relationship is physical enjoyment and nobody thinks about reality of marriage.
My advice to youths contemplating marriage is to think seriously about the sacrifice which marriage requires.
Marriage is not easy but when you both weather the storm and succeed, it is very rewarding.
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by DrMuzungu(m): 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

I was thinking Satan in the Bible gave you a devlish sense. Satan Punish Jesus and devil first and the god of Hebrew 2nd on the line. Ode of the 21st century. It could be his mother or his father or even himself. The facts remains kids learn faster from Mother than father. if there is any bad the Woman has which we will see more people continue to fck her left right. This kid will quickly learn from that and the future here may be uncertain. Only a few cases you have the kid turn out to be very good.

Another ode comment. It happened to your generation and it's the reason you think like omo ale jati jati. Nonentity of the day. You should change your first name to ode, second name to Didinrindara and last name to Satan in the bible.
You asked for it.

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by fireforfire: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2016
Stupid bunkum tradition.
Woman go suffer carry belle for 9 months, wen she suffer born finish she go carry pikin DASH una abi??
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by OBAGADAFFI: 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
oyb:
Perhaps this joker grandson soyemi can tell us why teebillz is not with his other children. What does Yoruba customary law have to say about that?

I read parts of awos memoirs as a child. His dad died when he was young, and the brothers split all the mans possessions. One even wanted to inherit awos mum. All awo got was an old shirt of his dad's.

It's only people who are ultra failures that love to fall back to 'tradition'. Has teebillz been paying support for his other kids?

This joker should shut up. Tradition my arse.

Best comment.

@Op you are totally wrong here.
Infact Yoruba culture allows mothers take charge of their children, because they know men are supplanters.
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Leke001: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2016
cold:

Sigh..even god could not hold his own kingdom together. What say you now?

are you alright?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chigul Shows The Scars On Her Body (Photos) / Duncan Mighty Kisses Tonto Dikeh [photo] / Sira Kante Rocks Ankara Swimsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.