Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers (2039 Views)

​christmas Bonus: Ugwuanyi Approves 13th Month Salary For Workers / Buhari Congratulates Obiano , Promises Nigerians Credible Elections / Fayose Faults Buhari Christmas Bonus For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 8:05pm On May 01, 2016
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has promised to increase the salary of the workers in the state if they assist in stepping up the state’s Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, from the present 1.1 billion Naira to 2.2 billion Naira monthly.

The Governor was speaking at the Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka, the venue of the 2016 May Day celebration.

The Governor urged them to also see themselves as key stakeholders in the governance of the state and therefore give their best in the growth of the state economically and socially.

The Governor recalled that his government had earlier increased the salary of the state’s workers by 16% immediately the state IGR improved from 500 million naira to 1.1 billion naira.

He then encouraged the workers that with their collaboration, the IGR of the state can hit 5billion Naira monthly.

The state chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Jerry Nnubia, commended the Governor for his interest in the workers’ welfare and his giant strides in the development of the state.

He, however, asked the Governor to consider the implementation of the new minimum wage and look into issues of promotion, provision of low cost housing for workers and cancellation of all contract appointments among others.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/05/01/may-day-obiano-promises-salary-increase-igr-hits-2-2-billion-naira/
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 8:08pm On May 01, 2016
Anambra State has never had it this good. Obiano is a presidential material not just a governor.. while other states that received billions in bailout funds are owing months of salaries, obiano that didn't get is not owing any salaries and is even thinking of upward review of workers salaries, this is despite the massive capital projects ongoing in the state.

7 Likes

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by asha90: 8:19pm On May 01, 2016
I agree with you, Obiano is the new face of the SE zone and the only credible presidential material.

Wait oo, the Labour want him to start by implementing the new N56k minimum wage! LOL

FreeGlobe:
Anambra State has never had it this good. Obiano is a presidential material not just a governor.. while other states that received billions in bailout funds are owing months of salaries, obiano that didn't get is not owing any salaries and is even thinking of upward review of workers salaries, this is despite the massive capital projects ongoing in the state.
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by mike404(m): 8:23pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:
GOD BLESS PETER OBI (OKWUTE NDI IGBO NIILE) FOR LAYING SUCH A WONDERFUL FOUNDATION FOR DR WILLY MMADUABUCHI OBIANO

3 Likes

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 8:36pm On May 01, 2016
mike404:
[s]GOD BLESS PETER OBI (OKWUTE NDI IGBO NIILE) FOR LAYING SUCH A WONDERFUL FOUNDATION FOR DR WILLY MMADUABUCHI OBIANO[/s]
stop deceiving yourself, peter obi did not lay any foundation. what did peter obi do with the hundreds of billions he received in 8 years. Instead of admitting peter obi performed woefully and obiano is succeeding where he failed you are here talking about foolish foundation
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by mike404(m): 8:44pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

stop deceiving yourself, peter obi did not lay any foundation. what did peter obi do with the hundreds of billions he received in 8 years. Instead of admitting peter obi performed woefully and obiano is succeeding where he failed you are here talking about foolish foundation
IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH THE PERSON THAT DID THIS TO YOU sad

2 Likes

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by wheredemdey: 8:46pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

Bia how do u sleep at night??

Who knew obiano before or during the election??...obiano had zero electoral value...a nonentity in the scheme of things...heck the man was not even among the top 10,000 in the list of successful anambrarians prior to peter obi handpicking him for governorship position....

U guys just spew rubbish because of the pittance u receive from obiano...i was schooling one of ur Oga by name Emezie Nwangene and told him to address peter obi with respect......peter is the father of the modern anambra state....peter have etched his name on the sands of time and posterity and anambrarians unborn will forever be grateful to peter for taking anambra out of the woods.

Peter is the best...obiano is just there...all he has is a good propaganda machine...

5 Likes

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 8:53pm On May 01, 2016
wheredemdey:

[s]

Who knew obiano before or during the election??...obiano had zero electoral value...a nonentity in the scheme of things...heck the man was not even among the top 10,000 in the list of successful anambrarians prior to peter obi handpicking him for governorship position....

U guys just spew rubbish because of the pittance u receive from obiano...i was schooling one of ur Oga by name Emezie Nwangene and told him to address peter obi with respect......peter is the father of the modern anambra state....peter have etched his name on the sands of time and posterity and anambrarians unborn will forever be grateful to peter for taking anambra out of the woods.

Peter is the best...obiano is just there...all he has is a good propaganda machine...[/s]
I dont want to insult you. Who was Peter obi before he became governor? who knew peter obi before he became governor.. Peter obi is the father of your village not the anambra I come from. It is sad that people like you will come here to talk thrash about a man that looted so much of state funds while deceiving gullibles like you. Name one tangible thing peter obi did in Anambra state. Just one tangible thing obi did for 8 years. If you like switch accounts and come back to talk thrash. Why did peter obi quarell with obiano if not that obiano rejected his plan to continue looting and impoverishing the state.. Ngige took Anambra out of the woods not peter obi but you can keep deceiving yourself
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 8:56pm On May 01, 2016
mike404:
IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH THE PERSON THAT DID THIS TO YOU sad
keep deceiving yourself propagandists.. keep switiching accounts to type thrash. Mention one tangible thing peter obi did in Anambra for 8 years or STFU
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by mike404(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

keep deceiving yourself propagandists.. keep switiching accounts to type thrash. Mention one tangible thing peter obi did in Anambra for 8 years or STFU
MAZI CHIKAODILI EZEKWESIRI ISI EMEBI GI

2 Likes

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 9:15pm On May 01, 2016
mike404:
MAZI CHIKAODILI EZEKWESIRI ISI EMEBI GI
Mazi Peter Obi Abobaoku, you try well inugo? Propagandist

1 Like

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by mike404(m): 9:27pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

HAVE YOU CAMPAIGNED FOR VICTOR UMEH ON FACEBOOK TODAY

1 Like

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by wheredemdey: 9:49pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

I dont want to insult you. Who was Peter obi before he became governor? who knew peter obi before he became governor.. Peter obi is the father of your village not the anambra I come from. It is sad that people like you will come here to talk thrash about a man that looted so much of state funds while deceiving gullibles like you. Name one tangible thing peter obi did in Anambra state. Just one tangible thing obi did for 8 years. If you like switch accounts and come back to talk thrash. Why did peter obi quarell with obiano if not that obiano rejected his plan to continue looting and impoverishing the state.. Ngige took Anambra out of the woods not peter obi but you can keep deceiving yourself

U are very predictable and outright funny

I hv lived and witnessed the development of anambra state right from 1991...i knew anambra when Arthur Eze road was the only motorable road in the whole of Awka....i did my primary(practicing school by tracas junction)secondary (igwebuike grammar school) university (Nnamdi azikiwe) all in anambra state before my sojourn abroad...dude I am not like you gullible and docile fellows.....i was there when Tracy hotels started...i was there when choice and marble arch were the only good hotels in Awka...and rojenny was rocking Onitsha...

Dude easy with the lies....ngige was the governor of alot and idemili....until peter came and lifted anambra from the doldrums.....i know willy from his days at fidelity bank....i know melie his current right hand man....same with Ifeatu onejeme..dude I call real names....not hearsay....heck I even know willys favourite champagne (crystals).....

You are just a nonentity and a paid per post slowpoke who spews insult and thrash based on the pittance he gets from Emezie and co...

Mark ma words...i will find you...you guys are giving our beloved state a bad name.

1 Like

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 01, 2016
wheredemdey:

Mark ma words.. .i will find you ...you guys are giving our beloved state a bad name.

Lol, you was doing so well then you had to go all ret.arded at the end of your post
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by ckmayoca: 9:58pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

U and that guy fit una sef, make una marry so una go break una tv and plates one day. Haba!
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by ckmayoca: 9:59pm On May 01, 2016
mike404:

You and this chick sha.. una love una sef o. Why serious fight over obiano n obi? The 2 na obi ooo
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2016
Lol
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2016
IGR of Anambra was formerly below 500million? I doubt this.
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 10:04pm On May 01, 2016
wheredemdey:

[s]U are very predictable and outright funny

I hv lived and witnessed the development of anambra state right from 1991...i knew anambra when Arthur Eze road was the only motorable road in the whole of Awka....i did my primary(practicing school by tracas junction)secondary (igwebuike grammar school) university (Nnamdi azikiwe) all in anambra state before my sojourn abroad...dude I am not like you gullible and docile fellows.....i was there when Tracy hotels started...i was there when choice and marble arch were the only good hotels in Awka...and rojenny was rocking Onitsha...

Dude easy with the lies....ngige was the governor of alot and idemili....until peter came and lifted anambra from the doldrums.....i know willy from his days at fidelity bank....i know melie his current right hand man....same with Ifeatu onejeme..dude I call real names....not hearsay....heck I even know willys favourite champagne (crystals).....

You are just a nonentity and a paid per post slowpoke who spews insult and thrash based on the pittance he gets from Emezie and co...

Mark ma words...i will find you...you guys are giving our beloved state a bad name.[/s]
LOL, you sound like a broken record.. Did I ask you to take me through your personal history? I asked you to tell me just one tangible thing peter obi did with billions of Anambra money for 8 years and you are here talking nonsense. If you like know the color of willie's boxers, tell us the tangible thing peter obi for 8 years... Post the pictures here I challenge you.. I don't blame you, you think I get anything to praise a working governor like Willie because the fraud called peter obi pays you to defend him. As for finding me, if you want I can tell you where to find me. who is afraid of you?
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 10:06pm On May 01, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
That was what peter obi declared as IGR for 8 years and these clowns mike404, wheredemdey are here yapping nonsense
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 10:07pm On May 01, 2016
mike404:
Has peter obi paid you from stolen state funds today?
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by winniz: 10:09pm On May 01, 2016
wheredemdey:

Peter is the best...obiano is just there...all he has is a good propaganda machine...

You are Spot on, Peter Obi still remain the best Governor Anambra State ever had, while Obiano is only good in Propaganda.
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by mike404(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2016
ckmayoca:

You and this chick sha.. una love una sef o. Why serious fight over obiano n obi? The 2 na obi ooo
CHICK MY BROTHER RUN FOR YOUR LIFE O grin CHIKAODILI EZEKWESIRI IS A CONFIRM SHE-MALE. HIS SECOND MONIKER IS ATLANTICBREEZE
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 10:24pm On May 01, 2016
propaganda is when you say peter obi is the best but cant post any tangible thing done by obi for 8 years whereas I can post pictures of obiano's projects in just 2 years.. Its a challenge.. Take it up and stop crying like a child that got his lollipop taken from him
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 01, 2016
you are the one decieving yourself. Do not let your grudge with Obi destroy you.

Who constructed the road from Saint Michael's Nawfia to Nawfia girls? I guess your Ngige.

Who rebabilitated the road from Onitsha to Atani and beyond? I guess your Ngige.

Who revolutionalised education in Anambra state, I guess your Ngige?
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 01, 2016
It is not about pictures, it is about real life projects. Go to Nawfia, go to to Ogbaru. See the academic exploits of Anambra state in the last 4 years.

So the road that connects from old onitsha road to Enugu-Onitsha express way throught Nawfia is not a tangible project?

So the road that connects Ogbaru and Onitsha is not tangible?

So the road that connects Ekwusigo to Ogbaru is not tangible?

So the revolution in academics in Anambra state is not tangible?

I weep for you.

Obi has moved on, please move on, afterall your existence is inconsequential to him.
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 01, 2016
WhatsApp Email Anambra State Governor-Elect, Mr. Willy Obiano, on February 20, 2014, Thursday, attributed his victory in the November 16, 2013 governorship election to the achievements of Governor Peter Obi. He said this in Abuja when Obi led him on a courtesy visit to the Society for Family Health to familiarise his successor with ongoing projects being jointly undertaken by the state and SFH in the health sector. “The governor (Obi) has done well in all spheres in Anambra State; he started from a no-man’s land and has moved the state to the enviable position it is occupying today. “Anywhere we go, even during the electioneering, we saw all the good works he has done. As a matter of fact, this (my) election was won on the back of his performance. “In terms of economic enablers, he has done extremely well in the areas of education, health, infrastructure, security, power, things on environment among others,” Obiano said. The governor-elect promised to revamp a few and continue with ongoing infrastructural developments in Anambra State. “I am going to embark on continuity, so there won’t be abandoned projects in Anambra State,” he stated. He also called for the inclusion of Anambra State among the Niger Delta Development Commission as oil producing state. “We are going to ensure that we are included in NDDC and begin to avail ourselves of the opportunities that are there,” the governor-epect stressed. While presenting Willy Obiano to the Board of Directors of SFH, outgoing governor Obi said the state would continue to work hard to ensure that all health-related Millennium Development Goals in the state were satisfied.

https://www.naij.com/59856.html
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 11:04pm On May 01, 2016
jusRadical:
you are the one decieving yourself. Do not let your grudge with Obi destroy you.

Who constructed the road from Saint Michael's Nawfia to Nawfia girls? I guess your Ngige.

Who rebabilitated the road from Onitsha to Atani and beyond? I guess your Ngige.

Who revolutionalised education in Anambra state, I guess your Ngige?
post pictures oohh, how do you want me to say this again? You think single lane substandard roads are legacy projects? You want me to start mentioning Ngige roads or what? How did peter obi revolutionize education in Anambra state? Just go ahead and mention waec results and destroy yourself. Just give it up. Peter obi was a big failure. He left Anambra stagnant for 8 years. Fact
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by FreeGlobe(f): 11:09pm On May 01, 2016
jusRadical:
[s]It is not about pictures, it is about real life projects. Go to Nawfia, go to to Ogbaru. See the academic exploits of Anambra state in the last 4 years.

So the road that connects from old onitsha road to Enugu-Onitsha express way throught Nawfia is not a tangible project?

So the road that connects Ogbaru and Onitsha is not tangible?

So the road that connects Ekwusigo to Ogbaru is not tangible?

So the revolution in academics in Anambra state is not tangible?

I weep for you.

Obi has moved on, please move on, afterall your existence is inconsequential to him.[/s]
weep for yourself. Obi's existence is inconsequential to me.. Its only consequential to hired goons like you that have used 3 accounts on just this thread to defend a failure. What is the academic exploits you are talking about? So we just praise obi for Waec results of Anambra students both in Private and Public schools? Keep clutching at straws. You want to compare the incompetent peter obi to obiano that has increased workers salary, provided buses for them and gives them bags of rice every december? Mention what peter obi did to boost the morale of Anambra teachers or stfu forever
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by Pwayne2016(m): 12:28am On May 02, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
so u didnt check 2015 igr statistics..well Anambra Igr in 2015 was 14billion while Abagworo and and Okoroawusa Imo was 8billion also owing workers for 4months

2019 is near if only you have the Foresight and Alacrity
Re: Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers by crackhouse(m): 12:44am On May 02, 2016
That's like promising them heaven on earth.
so they should wait till the revenue hit 2.2b before they get an increment.
That's like in 20yrs time mehn.
........but was that meant to be a may day surprise?
maybe he didn't hear of that of Edo and Akwa Ibom before making that comment. I was expecting to see sth reasonable.
Anambra may day celebration need to be repeated tomorrow let's see whether he will say sth reasonable this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wooden Car Made By A Man From Bida In Niger State, Nigeria (photos) / ONDO 2016: Appeal court constitutes new panel for Ondo PDP cases / Man At Lagos Burnt His Voter's Card Said Votes Don't Count Under Buhari Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.