Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! (88889 Views)

One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David / A Tribute To Freeman David / Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Dklef(m): 9:11am On May 02, 2016
RIP fellow.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by edwife(f): 9:11am On May 02, 2016
Painful to say the least. RIP brother. cry
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by shine96: 9:12am On May 02, 2016
RIP bro
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by missuniverse(f): 9:13am On May 02, 2016
Once upon a time he was first to comment on evry thread
'was'
#heavy heart
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Chijosky(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2016
RIP Freeman.. your now free in the bosom of God
Adieu..
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by franco3075q(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2016
Rip bro
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by bayocanny: 9:15am On May 02, 2016
RIP bro, we've lost a great philosopher
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Emeritus18: 9:16am On May 02, 2016
May your soul rest in perfect peace bro....I will always tell people that long life before death is good but not my major concern, however, long life after death is what matters most, that my name may be immortalised for my service to the betterment of our society, for this I live for and for it will I die for if need be. It is my essence of existence.. Freeman has answered the call of nature, I might be the next, you might also be, what can we as youths and the elders of Nigeria point that we have done to better our society? Service to the society pays..Freeman we go miss you...RIP Friend.....

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Onu55: 9:17am On May 02, 2016
May God grant his family the grace to bear the irreparable loss. R. I. P brother.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by fratermathy(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2016
On Friday 29th April, 2016, a great intellectual, literati, philosopher and friend departed this world of strife. I got wind of the news the following day and it was difficult to react to it. I became short of words because this someone so full of life and bubbling with ideas. I have known him all through my years as an undergraduate student and even now, he is one of the few people I can truly call my friend. I remember how we wanted to publish a philosophical book entitled "What Happened to Man?" but for certain circumstances. I remember that we did publish a poem together "How does it feel to be a Problem?" which was published by Saraba Literary Magazine in the Solitude Edition 2013/2014. I remember when we talked about postgraduate studies and its prospects. I remember that he called Sandra James an Athenian beau. I remember that he was a bossom friend, and even beyond so, to the Iwezus; Joy and Ewere. I remember he spoke well about "Blacky" Daniel Nnamani and actually did introduce me to him. I remember our chats; some of which I still have "screen-grabbed". I remember the day you graced Lillysparrow's day with Blacky. I remember our Masonic alignments and ideals. The Hobbessian state of nature. I remember... EVERYTHING!
I have not made many friends in the life but you, Freeman David II, are my friend and I'll carry your memory with me, always and forever. You are not dead! I refute this Neitzschean state of affair!
You had always been an Existentialist! A Sartrean and a believer of Kierkegaard and Hiedegger! You believed in the power of human FREEWILL in the face of nothingness, absurdity and futility. Why did you compare yourself with Sisyphus? Why did you become Tantalus? You put questions at the lips of everyone! You made me reevaluate reality all day. It was you Freeman, it was you...
Alas! The traveller has returned
Like an Avatar couched with dust:
This is the final initiation.
Memento, Memento Mori:
From dust we come,
To dust we return.
"Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
'To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.'"

Farewell my bro. We shall meet at the Cosmic gate!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by kbbanj10(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2016
Rest in peace till we meet to part no more. Adieu bruv
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:21am On May 02, 2016
RIP Freeman..
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Vivipop(f): 9:22am On May 02, 2016
SuperSuave:
what are you thinking
Forgive me, in a moment like this, one tends to think a lot, mostly of the unknown...
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Ekiseme(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2016
RIP Bro
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Vivipop(f): 9:32am On May 02, 2016
fratermathy:
On Friday 29th April, 2016, a great intellectual, literati, philosopher and friend departed this world of strife. I got wind of the news the following day and it was difficult to react to it. I became short of words because this someone so full of life and bubbling with ideas. I have known him all through my years as an undergraduate student and even now, he is one of the few people I can truly call my friend. I remember how we wanted to publish a philosophical book entitled "What Happened to Man?" but for certain circumstances. I remember that we did publish a poem together "How does it feel to be a Problem?" which was published by Saraba Literary Magazine in the Solitude Edition 2013/2014. I remember when we talked about postgraduate studies and its prospects. I remember that he called Sandra James an Athenian beau. I remember that he was a bossom friend, and even beyond so, to the Iwezus; Joy and Ewere. I remember he spoke well about "Blacky" Daniel Nnamani and actually did introduce me to him. I remember our chats; some of which I still have "screen-grabbed". I remember the day you graced Lillysparrow's day with Blacky. I remember our Masonic alignments and ideals. The Hobbessian state of nature. I remember... EVERYTHING!
I have not made many friends in the life but you, Freeman David II, are my friend and I'll carry your memory with me, always and forever. You are not dead! I refute this Neitzschean state of affair!
You had always been an Existentialist! A Sartrean and a believer of Kierkaagard and Hiedegaar! You believed in the power of human FREEWILL in the face of nothingness, absurdity and futility. Why did you compare yourself with Sisyphus? Why did you become Tantalus? You put questions at the lips of everyone! You made me reevaluate reality all day. It was you Freeman, it was you...
Memento, Memento Mori:
From dust we come,
To dust we return.
The Captain of the Gate:

CC:MrLeno
Really hard to keep it together with this your post. People die in thousands each day and it appears more or less like an everyday thing so we just post a RIP and move on, but with someone you know, someone that touched your life directly or indirectly, someone full of life just like yourself, reality becomes clearer and even more painful. At that point, You ask the question: Who will be next? **Crying**

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Vicfus(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2016
God have mercy! hmmmm... R.I.P Bro. God knows best.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by vera031(f): 9:44am On May 02, 2016
This is so sad. Rip freemanan.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by vicmela(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2016
RIP
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by SuperSuave(m): 9:51am On May 02, 2016
Vivipop:
Forgive me, in a moment like this, one tends to think a lot, mostly of the unknown...
you're forgiven. I like your signature smiley
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Mykelpato(m): 9:52am On May 02, 2016
cry Chai... so Freemanan yaf die... RIP bro.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Kimoni: 9:56am On May 02, 2016
RIP David
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Greenback: 10:04am On May 02, 2016
So sad..Never knew i would be saying this to any nairalander,but Rip, bro.

We Davids are strong and royals and are always after His heart..like David,son of Jesse,up there.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Fynestboi: 10:09am On May 02, 2016
fratermathy:
You had always been an Existentialist! A Sartrean and a believer of Kierkegaard and Hiedegger! You believed in the power of human FREEWILL in the face of nothingness, absurdity and futility. Why did you compare yourself with Sisyphus? Why did you become Tantalus? You put questions at the lips of everyone! You made me reevaluate reality all day. It was you Freeman, it was you...
Memento, Memento Mori:
From dust we come,
To dust we return.
The Captain of the Gate:

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by AlienStar: 10:11am On May 02, 2016
He deactivated and rejoined .....He used to be ftc in every thread then.
Abduletudaye:
Damn! I remember when me and him had a smakl scuffle coz i tried to assist him with something here on NL...kai!!! This is sad ooo... RIP bro... We shall meet again... cry sad

Modified...he just joined NL in february this year

And i had a small quarel with him last year??

How come?? shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by lamideee(f): 10:12am On May 02, 2016
RIP bro,may heaven accept your soul.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2016
cry I just remembered His shoprite thread.

where He uploaded pics of Him shopping cry

I remember my quote & His funny brotherly replycry

Sleep well Bro.

Enjoy Ur stay in heaven cos by God's mercies & grace, I know that that's where U gonna be.cry
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by banio: 10:18am On May 02, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Cheriepet: 10:19am On May 02, 2016
RIP bro, may u find peace in rest with the Lord
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by teejaylarry: 10:19am On May 02, 2016
RIP
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by most4care: 10:27am On May 02, 2016
R.I.P bro.God knows why.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by stpat1(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2016
R.I.P Freeman
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by teaser101: 10:33am On May 02, 2016
RIP young one

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House / Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.