Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,494 members, 7,954,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (12149 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ishmael(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

@alabiyemmy
i did not say he is the best or he is good,i only did a comparison,and his government is still better than the present government,do you know how much the present government has stolen,its much more,only they are good thiefs and use projects to camoflage everything.the only good head of state i can say was good and because of this they killed him in a very short time after he became head of state was murtala mohammed.

What makes him better than Gen. Buhari??
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2006
see i aint gonna argue with you if you want to know go and read nigeria's head of states and presidents history.i have said mine and its final,everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ ThoniaSlim

Can you prove what this present administration stole? Please, lets know your story, just like we have evidence of Abacha loot.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2006
i see why you guys are attacking me cause its a yoruba peep we got as a president,abacha's loot wasn't found during his time,but was found later,so would it be found out.nothing is hidden under the sun.i have said my mind and i don't give a hoot cool
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ ThoniaSlim

Awwww, dont tribalise the issue here boo.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2006
i aint tribalising nothing,and hey dont call me boo.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ ThoniaSlim

I aint calling you boo, dont fight me on little issues like that - I am just talking.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2006
i aint fighting nothing,i only said you shouldn't have put boo,so i don't see what your stressing over. angry
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ ALL

Excuse me - what were we saying?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2006
I just noticed this thread. There hasn't been any good Nigerian President To Date so whatever category you're using to judge who the worst is, Donzman needs to know.

Why the catfight over someone being called boo?. . . Atleast it's better than being called an idiot, isn't it?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:32pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ Donzman

You remember the talk about rude Nigerian ladies last night? I reserve my comments.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2006
i am not rude,i only spoke my mind if you call that being rude,then i don't know what else to say?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2006
@alabiyemmy

Try and go over my posts again so that you will be able to make proper and correct references, I never said Abacha is did well I only cited abacha to tell you that it doesnt take a thousand years for a president to perform, even as corrupt as abacha was he did some things notable with our money what has your OBJ done.

Abacha stole 66.8billion you said, how much has OBJ stolen so far? you will be amazed and I know you will keep your mouth sealed by the time you get the figure in dollars that OBJ and his men has stollen so far, just wait and see and asides we are talking about the worst president OBJ will win the contest anyday.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2006
@ OMOFINEBOY

No need to abuse or use rude words - we arent quareling - you know what - whatever you say is 100% and absolutely correct, ride on bro.

People say things on this forum that they can't corroborate.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2006
It is not in my habit to abuse I dont do it go, through my previous posts even when a guy with OBJ as id abused me I didnt abuse him becuase its very crude, you convince people by presentation of facts and figures but not by abusing them, I went through my posts the only phrase that I felt you may call an abuse is " you will keep your mouth sealed" what this means is that you will be suprised and you will not want to support OBJ again. Meanwhile there is nothing I say that I can corroborate if that statement is referring to me. Anyway thanks.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2006
" you will keep your mouth sealed" simply means you will shut up! That to me is an abuse.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2007
if that to you is an abuse then I withdraw the statement, hope you are okay now.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2007
wow! THX 4 UPDATING MY LITTLE THREAD. REALLY APPRECIATE IT GUYS. EVERY ONE OF U. if u have anymore updates plz feel free to add.

btw wat do u guys think about this statement by Mr. Chinua Achebe?

[QUOTE=Oderah]Africa’s foremost novelist, Professor Chinua Achebe, has launched a blistering attack against the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration, asserting that Nigeria has greatly retrogressed in the last eight years.

[B]The literary giant, in a statement issued from his base in New York, United States, deflated the myth that Obasanjo had been fighting corruption in the country, saying the president had only been persecuting persons opposed to his desire to perpetually retain himself in power.[/B]

[B]"President Olusegun Obasanjo has taken Nigeria as low as she has ever gone. This will surprise foreign ‘friends’ of Nigeria who may believe the myth that Obasanjo has been fighting to end corruption in the country and to bring democracy to its citizens. Nigerians know better," said the renowned writer.[/B]
Achebe, in the statement entitled, "The clouds are gathering," also took a swipe at the Senate for its shoddy handling of some sensitive national issues. He, however, applauded the nation’s judiciary for its patriotic role in the unfolding political events.

[B]His words: "The Senate came ever so close to snatching Nigeria out of the fire and then that was a historic moment lost. What a pity!"
Achebe, who accused Obasanjo of deliberately using some important government agencies to persecute his opponents, said institutions such as the Independent Corrupt Practices and Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) have since been unleashed against every perceived political foe of the president.[/B]

The celebrated author recalled Obasanjo’s alleged involvement in the political travails of former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chris Ngige, who was believed to have been hounded out of office owing to his refusal to hand over the state’s treasury to a powerful cabal favoured by the president.
"One would have thought that our anti-corruption president, Chief Obasanjo, would have embraced Governor Ngige as a fellow fighter against corruption. But no. The fellows demanding the state revenue were Obasanjo’s friends who, in anger, set about burning down and destroying state property while the police stood at a distance, watching," he said, adding that the Anambra situation might soon repeat itself on the national stage.

He lambasted the Professor Maurice Iwu-led INEC for allegedly plotting to foist Obasanjo’s friend on Anambra people by disqualifying other strong governorship contenders.
"If this plan goes through, it would amount to nothing less than the disenfranchisement of the people of Anambra State," Achebe said.

So what do you think?[/QUOTE]
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Jaytee67(m): 12:57pm On May 18, 2009
From my own candid opinion, no other past or present Nigerian leader has matched the evil record of that short devil in dark glasses. May we never encounter such again in the history of this country (even in the generation of our unborn grand and great grand children)! You need to imagine what this country would have become if not for the saving hands of "death" (or is it apples as we were made to believe).
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 18, 2009
the worst is the motherfcuking obj
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by oderemo(m): 3:29pm On May 18, 2009
obj for me any tym him is a bloodclat a hole
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by chidichris(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2009
@Omofineboy, u said Olusegun is the worst?? u wanna shed some light on dat? cos i read in anoda thread from anoda website dat he is the best president Naija has had so far even tho they didn't state wat makes him the best we've had,  i want to know more about that.  while we are at it, i also wud love 2 know who you guys think is the best president to date while statin your opinion of the worst and why to both, thanks.

@wendydoks,
i want to second the post above with the following reasons;

1. among all the above named past presidents, non has enjoyed an elected and uninterupted eight (cool years of leadership outside obj.

2. his two terms of presidency witnessed the highest level of official/political killings including a serving attorney general/ two communities.

3. his tenure legalised the reign of political thugry as was witnessed in the hands of adeddibu and chris uba both of pdp.

4. looting and embezzlement of public funds was in record state under his leadership

5. basic armenities under obj was in their worst states(roads, power supply, water, hospitals, schools etc)

6. certain individuals were positioned above the laws hence they were recognised as untouchables - andy uba, tony annenih, bode george, borrishade are some of the names in this class.

7. he was the only nigerian president to be the petrolium minister at the same time.

8. he was and is the only nigerian president to have lost his moral standard to the extent that his biological son accused him of sleeping with his wife via contract seduction.

9. his policies brought untold hardship to the middle class that encouraged mass exodus of the youths.

10. he organised the worst selection/election in the history of man in 2007 april polls which saw him force his choice of candidates on nigeria and nigerians.

i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuss u that obj apart from been the ugliest nigerian president, is the worst president nigeria has seen and my prayers is that he remains the worst.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by oderemo(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2009
i would have forgiven the goat even if he stole all the moni in the treasury and left us with only one thing , a democrasy to be proud of , worthy of defending , a legacy for the unborn. all his sins would have been wiped out, but what do we have a total shamble called demo. as witnessed in ekiti, and more to come in 2011. baba were.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by toxicguy: 8:15pm On May 18, 2009
obj anyday. even saddam was better
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by biina: 8:56pm On May 18, 2009
I would go with Gowon
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by yeswecan(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2009
Obasanjo
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by biina: 9:14pm On May 18, 2009
This topic should include a poll
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by yicob(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2009
i b b
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Jairzinho(m): 11:14pm On May 18, 2009
OBJ closely followed by Abacha.

Its likely Yar'adull will beat them both to it,but time willl tell. . .
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Mudley313: 1:33am On May 19, 2009
Abacha is unquestionably the worst, one who can be comfortably put in the same sentence as the Idi Amins, Samuel Doe's, Mobutu's etc for his sit-tight, murderous and cleptomaniac tendencies deserves to be No.1 by a long shot

IBB comes close second, "Maradona" "June 12" "SAP" etc

I don't think Shagari was that bad as a person since he was rigged into the presidency as a puppet by the nothern oligarcy but i think his cabinet was a bunch of voracious thieving bandits in agbada

Murtala to me was the best since he accomplished alot in such a short period but his untimely death would never let us know what the full package was all about cos u never know how it eventually goes wit these military pipole once they smell power, remember the likes of mobutu & samuel doe all started as liberators
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Nobody: 1:37am On May 19, 2009
I think its a toss up between Yar'adua and Shagari
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by tymoti(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2009
Everybody is so quick to castigate our presidents and 'heroes'. Eveyone of the people that have been listed had their flaws but they also did something good for this country.

Relax guys, it is political structure we have, the unreliable judicial system and geo-political issues are what made these men perform below expection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons / Lagos Supplementary Election: Date Announced By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.