Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,085 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (12139 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by tymoti(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2009
Everybody is so quick to castigate our presidents and 'heroes'. Eveyone of the people that have been listed had their flaws but they also did something good for this country.

Relax guys, it is political structure we have, the unreliable judicial system and geo-political issues are what made these men perform below expection.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by bsanya(f): 11:28am On May 19, 2009
abacha
obasanjo
and yar'adua is working towards being a bad president
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by bsanya(f): 11:32am On May 19, 2009
abacha
obasanjo
and yar'adua is working towards being a bad president
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by chidichris(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2009
Everybody is so quick to castigate our presidents and 'heroes'. Eveyone of the people that have been listed had their flaws but they also did something good for this country.

Relax guys, it is political structure we have, the unreliable judicial system and geo-political issues are what made these men perform below expection.

Tymoti,
u have the best answer for the wrong question.
a square peg in a round hole.
we are not talking about what is repsonsible for their perfomance rather we are talking about their performance. no matter how good or bad the system is, somebody must be better than the other. it is this same system that produced donald duke and fashola that produced their counterparts in other states.
pls if you know any of the presidents that tops this chat, do let us know but if u don' t know of any, then wait till we ask why they are doing what they are doing.

@topic,
it is important we know that military leaders econsidered to e a type of govt. in looking at the worst president, i don't like the idea of just mentioning names without reasons.
like i said ealier, obj has been the only nigerian who had the opportunity of ruling nigeria for eight democratic and uninterupted years of oil boom as the president/oil minister.
he has my vote as the worst president.
again, the idea of someone saying yar adua here to me is biased. we all know how godfathers and the political sons operate here in nigeria. an example of such situation can be linked to the melodrama in anambra between chris ngige and his godfather (chris uba) so we do not expect yar adua to go out of his way.
to me, yar adua is simply an extension of obj's brutality. if obj cld stake his neck in forcing yar adua on us, he shld be able to always accept responsibilities for his inabilities.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ubandire(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2009
PLEASE DID I HEAR ANYBODY SAY THAT BABA GO SLOW(HOLD UP)IS NOT THE WORST PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD?SCORECARD:REVERSAL OF POLICIES WITHOUT HAVING ANY IDEA OF HIS,OR HIS NONCHALANT ATTITUDE TO ISSUES OF URGENT NATIONAL IMPORTANCE.PLEASE THERE IS NO NIGERIAN EXPRESIDENT DEAD OR ALIVE,THAT IS AS CONFUSED AS THIS PRESENT ONE,I STAND TO BE COUNTERED.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by tymoti(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2009
chidichris, well said
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 12:24am On Sep 13, 2009
chidichris:

@wendydoks,
i want to second the post above with the following reasons;

1. among all the above named past presidents, non has enjoyed an elected and uninterupted eight (cool years of leadership outside obj.

2. his two terms of presidency witnessed the highest level of official/political killings including a serving attorney general/ two communities.

3. his tenure legalised the reign of political thugry as was witnessed in the hands of adeddibu and chris uba both of pdp.

4. looting and embezzlement of public funds was in record state under his leadership

5. basic armenities under obj was in their worst states(roads, power supply, water, hospitals, schools etc)

6. certain individuals were positioned above the laws hence they were recognised as untouchables - andy uba, tony annenih, bode george, borrishade are some of the names in this class.

7. he was the only nigerian president to be the petrolium minister at the same time.

8. he was and is the only nigerian president to have lost his moral standard to the extent that his biological son accused him of sleeping with his wife via contract seduction.

9. his policies brought untold hardship to the middle class that encouraged mass exodus of the youths.

10. he organised the worst selection/election in the history of man in 2007 april polls which saw him force his choice of candidates on nigeria and nigerians.

i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuss u that obj apart from been the ugliest nigerian president, is the worst president nigeria has seen and my prayers is that he remains the worst.

very well said chris, nigeria is hopeless, i am not even excited 4 anoda election, but i have say that it seems like yaradua is appointing his northern people into office. that doesnt look good. that looks like a northern take over, no?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by NGAEbere: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2009
ThoniaSlim (f)
KL

Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date?
« #31 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@alabiyemmy
i did not say he is the best or he is good,i only did a comparison,and his government is still better than the present government,do you know how much the present government has stolen,its much more,only they are good thiefs and use projects to camoflage everything.the only good head of state i can say was good and because of this they killed him in a very short time after he became head of state was murtala mohammed.

@Alabiyemmy:
You have said it all, I have taken time to read through all that everyone has said regarding our previous thiefs president. We ought not to waste our time here to fight nor arue etc. We ought to team up and reason on how we can sort this country out and make a better country.

The best President Nigeria ever had was Mutala Mohammed. What he did within the space of 6months was just the beginning of the goods things he has in stock for the Nigerians, but his fellow leaders behind killed him and the Nigerian Government couldn't do anything about that. That means Nigeria now support murdering?

well, can someone introduce a strong lawyer to me? it doesn't matter where the lawyer is and so long as the lawyer has the power to carry out his activities for me as i am planning to sue Nigeria federal Goverment to court for so many misconduct acts against her citizens etc.

I have made lay down plans and everything has be put in place except the lawyer. If i have the lawyer i shall let the lawyer go through all the write upa dn and plan etc before proceeding on the sueing.

Regards my fellow Nigerians, (Our victory is at the corner),
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by MrShaggy(m): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
In 9ja our leaders outshine demslvs with badness. Evry government tries to outdo the previous one. By dt calculation, my answer is GEJ
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by segun18(m): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2021
Abacha!
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by RRodwave(m): 8:39am On Feb 25, 2021
segun18:
Abacha!
Ok
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by donprinyo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Buhari destroyed Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Boko-Haram Members Killed, 31 Arrested In Maiduguri / Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book / Why Court Granted Agbele N50m Bail; Fined EFCC N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.