Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Lets Talk About Swimming. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Talk About Swimming. (21079 Views)

Jude Ighalo, His Wife And Kids Go Swimming (Photos) / Fans React As Cristiano Ronaldo Shares Swimming Pool Photo With Black "Friend" / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2016
27. Nemo 33, in Brussels, Belgium is the deepest indoor and second deepest pool in the world.
Nemo 33 is an indoor swimming pool facility in Brussels, Belgium. It held the record as the deepest indoor swimming pool in the world between its opening on May 1, 2004 and the completion of Y-40 in Montegrotto Terme, Padua, Italy on June 5, 2014. The pool's maximum depth is 34.5 metres (113 ft). It contains 2,500,000 litres of non-chlorinated, highly filtered spring water maintained at 30 °C (86 °F) by a solar heater and holds several simulated underwater caves at the 10 metres (33 ft) depth level. Due to the warm temperature in the pool, divers can dive for extended periods without a wet suit to protect them from hypothermia.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Adesiji77: 10:58am On May 02, 2016
I really need to learn swimming...

Well done Explorers
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by 7footre(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2016
Explorers:

Driving is scary if you cant. But the moment you conquer your fear and start learning, you realise there's nothing in driving. If you really want to learn, you have to face the fear and start from a shallow pool.
Nah driving is not scary man... at least not to me. ma whole nerves cease when I get into d pool

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 11:56am On May 02, 2016
Nice Explorer, I so much love swimming, though I don't know how, wish I can get someone to teach me seriously... Following this thread with rapt attention. grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by SPDAZZY(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2016
I love to swim but I cant cry. Who will teach me?

Well done explorers.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by tk4rd: 2:53pm On May 02, 2016
7footre:

Nah driving is not scary man... at least not to me. ma whole nerves cease when I get into d pool
The fear of bashing someone, or of being bashed.. That's the thing with driving.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2016
SPDAZZY:
I love to swim but I cant cry. Who will teach me?

Well done explorers.

I will if you don't mind, let me know when you're ready.grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 02, 2016
There is no water on earth that i can not swim. provided they is no dangerious animal in the water. am the first man to swim from konshisha in benue to gabu in cross river.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by SPDAZZY(f): 9:46pm On May 02, 2016
Explorers:

I will if you don't mind, let me know when you're ready.grin

Thanks smiley cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by 7footre(m): 4:44am On May 03, 2016
tk4rd:
The fear of bashing someone, or of being bashed.. That's the thing with driving.
I'm quite good at handling d steering wheel, driving has never been an ish for me. That's story for another day

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by tk4rd: 4:52am On May 03, 2016
Pejah:
There is no water on earth that i can not swim. provided they is no dangerious animal in the water. am the first man to swim from konshisha in benue to gabu in cross river.
You for make am official... Announce it on radio stations that you are going to swim.. Then, on that day, you make a ceremonial start-off, like gathering some friends to witness the start-off.. Trust me, some Nigerians will make out time to follow your progress.. They will even post it here on Nairaland for us to read

6 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Ximonak: 8:41am On May 03, 2016
First day for swimming lessons my trainer just told me to immerse myself. He wanted to see how long I can hold my breathe.
I just enter with fear, came up he was surprised, I saw his watch read 42s

I normal immerse myself right from small in my bath tub before I bath... grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by jaymichael(m): 8:41am On May 03, 2016
Explorers:

Driving is scary if you cant. But the moment you conquer your fear and start learning, you realise there's nothing in driving. If you really want to learn, you have to face the fear and start from a shallow pool.
Am not scared of water but as much as I try, I can't seem to maintain buoyancy.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2016
Ximonak:

edited

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Ximonak: 8:47am On May 03, 2016
Explorers:

Thanks bro.

Aii Aii captain wink
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2016
Audery Mestre was attempting to freedive 171 meters to break the world record with a single breath(without breathing gear). A former Marine Biology student, she had already reached 170 meters in practice earlier in the week.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2016
At 171 meters down, a problem developed with the lift balloon which failed to deploy. Her safety divers intervened, but her rate of ascend was far too slow. There were only two safety divers with her at the moment, if there were more divers, she may have survived.
A dive that should have been no more than 3 minutes resulted in her remaining under water for more than 8 minutes.

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2016
When she finally surfaced, there was no doctor on board the boat, it took them more than 30 minutes to get Audrey to the nearest hospital.
She was pronounced dead on arrival.

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by misterawo: 3:11pm On May 03, 2016
Explorers:
When she finally surfaced, there was no doctor on board the boat, it took them more than 30 minutes to get Audrey to the nearest hospital.
She was pronounced dead on arrival.

May her soul rest in peace. She died an avoidable death.

7 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 4:57pm On May 03, 2016
i used to think swimming was just as physics described it, it wasnt until i started swimming last year i knew itz more practical than theory... Bt wid dis i think am just an amatuer the longest i can hold by breath is one minute ten seconds . And d farthest i can go is 50m And dar z sumone out dar who can do dat for almst half an hour and swim miles... Meen am rushing to the pool sharp! Must to enter olympics.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 4:57pm On May 03, 2016
i used to think swimming was just as physics described it, it wasnt until i started swimming last year i knew itz more practical than theory... Bt wid dis i think am just an amatuer the longest i can hold by breath is one minute ten seconds . And d farthest i can go is 50m And dar z sumone out dar who can do dat for almst half an hour and swim miles... Meen am rushing to the pool sharp! Must to enter olympics standard dz year.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2016
Wiz0isaac:
i used to think swimming was just as physics described it, it wasnt until i started swimming last year i knew itz more practical than theory... Bt wid dis i think am just an amatuer the longest i can hold by breath is one minute ten seconds . And d farthest i can go is 50m And dar z sumone out dar who can do dat for almst half an hour and swim miles... Meen am rushing to the pool sharp! Must to enter olympics standard dz year.

I held my breath for just 63seconds. Please the 50m you can go, is it down or what?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2016
Adesiji77:
I really need to learn swimming...

Well done Explorers

Tnx bros.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 6:49pm On May 03, 2016
The longest time I held my breath was for 84 secs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by kingreign(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2016
Lanceslot:
I used to go more than 25m in River Niger back in the days... Back then we use to play a game of who will get sands in the deepest part of the river. I also go 10-15 minutes without breathing back then. I can travel on a distance of 100m without resurfacing in lagoon ( can't do that in River though).
Wiz0isaac:
i used to think swimming was just as physics described it, it wasnt until i started swimming last year i knew itz more practical than theory... Bt wid dis i think am just an amatuer the longest i can hold by breath is one minute ten seconds . And d farthest i can go is 50m And dar z sumone out dar who can do dat for almst half an hour and swim miles... Meen am rushing to the pool sharp! Must to enter olympics.
Oxytocin:
The longest time I held my breath was for 84 secs. cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 9:11pm On May 03, 2016
kingreign:

Lol...
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by tk4rd: 9:53pm On May 03, 2016
Explorers:

I held my breath for just 63seconds. Please the 50m you can go, is it down or what?
He didn't mean "vertically"..
He meant "horizontally"..
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2016
kingreign:

Lol....Still looking for the reason why I should lie undecided

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by kingreign(m): 11:15pm On May 03, 2016
Oxytocin:

Lol....Still looking for the reason why I should lie undecided

You left it in the water when you held your breath for 86secs most prolly. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 11:47pm On May 03, 2016
kingreign:

You left it in the water when you held your breath for 86secs most prolly. tongue tongue
84 secs tongue
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 1:17am On May 04, 2016
Explorers:

50m in length i can double back but in depth i do nt knw there aint no 50m deep pool in Nigeria bt i have gone about 8ft underwater.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 1:20am On May 04, 2016
kingreign:

hope you know it is easier to hold your breath when you are not stressing your muscles. Did you do it unda water?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo: Why We Visited To Buhari / Serie A: Oliseh Advises Osimhen To Quit Napoli Over Tiktok Video / Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.