Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Lets Talk About Swimming. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Talk About Swimming. (21073 Views)

Jude Ighalo, His Wife And Kids Go Swimming (Photos) / Fans React As Cristiano Ronaldo Shares Swimming Pool Photo With Black "Friend" / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by rabzy: 1:24pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lol! You cousin na stone grin

Some body types cant float, but that does not mean they cant swim
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2016
Albert0011:
Mehn i luv swimming so much..i doubt nobody can win me here on nairaland.as for those us claiming that they can swim because they learnt how 2 swim in a swimming pool...cum 2 river ethiope in Delta state lemme tutor u well on hw 2 swim.
Bros forget am! Come swim for Beach. Make we hook up for Takwa Bay Victoria Island Lagos. If you fit swim for beach like me I go give you twailey tongue
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:27pm On May 05, 2016
rabzy:

Somebody types cant float, but that does not mean they cant swim
Youre right tho! I'm a bit muscular too and I float well
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by rabzy: 1:36pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Bros forget am! Come swim for Beach. Make we hook up for Takwa Bay Victoria Island Lagos. If you fit swim for beach like me I go give you twailey tongue

Swimming in the open sea or river has several challenges and difficulty like tides, visibility, rocks, dangerous sea life and of course if you are stuck its not easy to get back to shore but its easier to float there than pools.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 05, 2016
Informative.
Nice one Op smiley
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by agabaI23(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2016
surestakes:

I disagree with this. To float, all you need to be able to do is control your breath. If you doubt, let's meet up with one of your skinny friends and I will teach him/her to float.

grin
I can do anything in water but float ( lying on my back steady without moving any part of the body)

Can you teach me? I'm ready to learn...

I love swimming
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by rabzy: 1:47pm On May 05, 2016
agabaI23:
I can do anything in water but float ( lying on my back steady without moving any part of the body)

Can you teach me? I'm ready to learn...

I love swimming

Can you do the dead man float. i.e lying face-down in the water without moving any part.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by swtdrms(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2016
surestakes:

I disagree with this. To float, all you need to be able to do is control your breath. If you doubt, let's meet up with one of your skinny friends and I will teach him/her to float.

grin

Can i come for a swimming class? It has always been one of my fantasies
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2016
rabzy:

Swimming in the open sea or river has several challenges and difficulty like tides, visibility, rocks, dangerous sea life and of course if you are stuck its not easy to get back to shore but its easier to float there than pools.
Well said and understood. But you know it takes a good swimmer to handle an open swimming in high ocean waves and sea. Knowing the timing and maximizing the turbulence to suit the control of your ability is a thing to know when swimming at the open sea. I conquered the fear of any water when I started swimming in the open sea! The aforementioned are things to look out for when swimming at the open sea. I'm trying to learn surfing at Takwa bay now. Watching this white folks doing it is quite fascinating cool
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2016
swtdrms:

Can i come for a swimming class? It has always been one of my fantasies
Are you in Lag? I can teach you for free if you're in Lag
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by swtdrms(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:

Am in abj? Anyone swimming instructor in abj pls

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by ValerianSteel(m): 2:07pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
People with such physique still floats. He's just too stiff and not flexible at all. I have seen muscular people floating well and doing freestyles
Not every swimmer can float.Ryan Lochte is an Olympic gold medalist,he once bested Phelps,guess what he can't float at all.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 05, 2016
LovesonBlezz:
contact Angelberry Asap... thank me later!..
grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by MKO4ever(m): 2:08pm On May 05, 2016
Check out another secret about swimming here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2322201/want-able-control-nervousness-go

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 05, 2016
Funjosh:
I love swimming cool
Same here, I love to swim
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by hob(m): 2:16pm On May 05, 2016
i dunno how to swim
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Albert0011(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
guy 4get takwa beach...hav been 2 elegushi beach 5 yrs ago,the people were amazed when i was displaying my amazing swimmin skills 2 them.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by rabzy: 2:18pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Well said and understood. But you know it takes a good swimmer to handle an open swimming in high ocean waves and sea. Knowing the timing and maximizing the turbulence to suit the control of your ability is a thing to know when swimming at the open sea. I conquered the fear of any water when I started swimming in the open sea! The aforementioned are things to look out for when swimming at the open sea. I'm trying to learn surfing at Takwa bay now. Watching this white folks doing it is quite fascinating cool

Absolutely. Waves can break the neck or knock you out cold. Tarkwa Bay is always a delight, i have been there like thrice, great water sports always going on there. Nice one please keep at it.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Not every swimmer can float.Ryan Lochte is an Olympic gold medalist,he once bested Phelps,guess what he can't float at all.
Oh really?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by islandmoon: 2:23pm On May 05, 2016
A little white girl of about 5yrs old came with her Dad to swin the other day , I couldnt believe it when she dived and did her swimming perfectly like a pro! while our nigerian girls were screaming ..Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy , some are only coming to find men at the pool. Omo! come and see sexy tatoos in hidden places, I wonder how the tatoo artist was able to pay attention drawing that on that part of the body!

well, I'm very good at freestyle, breast stroke and diving, but my butterfly is not too fine, though invented my own style that ensure i have my head with my neck completely outside the water! I named it dog style! dont mean doggy ooo! cheesy

tip! when you are diving, keep your head in between your arms and ensure your whole body is straight like a javelin into the water, make it a shallow dive, and still up!

i can travel far with breast stoke! i don't get tired, like I'm just relaxing but not as fast as freestyle!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:25pm On May 05, 2016
rabzy:

Absolutely. Waves can break the neck or knock you out cold. Tarkwa Bay is always a delight, i have been there like thrice, great water sports always going on there. Nice one please keep at it.
Takwa Bay is a place to be when it comes to great water sport. Since the closure of Bar beach due to Eko Atlantic, Takwa Bay has been fun and I think has the best ocean view right now of all the beach on the island. I was at Oniru private Beach last weekend and it seems like a Deserted Lake. Even at Night which records the high waves and awash. The beach was so calm due to the Sand filling and wave controlled done by the Eko Atlantic coast construction. Bar beach is more or less a river now. Just very low wave you can observe. Takwa Bay has taken it now! Gonna be there this weekend again! cool
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Splendidee(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2016
I refuse to die through water.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Onegai(f): 2:33pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
People with such physique still floats. He's just too stiff and not flexible at all. I have seen muscular people floating well and doing freestyles

I thought so too but he said has very dense, i.e. his body mass.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 05, 2016
I get dizzy when I look into water, be it a river or pool,but after all this talk about how swimming is a good exercise I over came my fear and decided to learn how to swim,I got into the 3 ft part of the pool and my supposed instructor wanted to swim before the lessons begin,I was left alone,my people it was my first time ever in a water body o,I just said let me walk inside the pool ,before I could say Jack, I fell on my back,was drinking water,I couldn't get back on my feet,it was hilarious to the people in the pool because to them how can a 5 ft plus drown in a 3 ft pool,before my instructor could swim back,I had drank a lot of water,that was when they knew I wasn't faking it,even after everything, the people kept whispering, so it was,I my first day in the pool,my most dreaded moment, I thought I was gonna die,have not gone since then

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Creamychic(f): 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:

Alright.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Patented: 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
me thinks you mean professional swimmers.
Explorers:
23. Swimmers can flex their toes to the ground.

Foot and ankle flexion is important for swim performance, which means swimmers work hard on increasing the toe-point. Swimmers can sit down with their legs stretched out in front of them and point their toes all the way down to the ground.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by forgiveness: 2:53pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
1. In Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Estonia and Finland, the curriculum for the fifth grade (fourth grade in Estonia) states that all children should learn how to swim as well as how to handle emergencies near water. Most commonly, children are expected to be able to swim 200 metres(660)ft of which at least 50 metres(160 ft) on their back after first falling into deep water and getting their head under water. Even though about 95 percent of Swedish school children know how to swim, drowning remains the third most common cause of death among children.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_swimming?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2561313325

From what age do you think is perfect to train a child?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Danfuster(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
2. Your ability to float is determined by your body composition. In other words if you are lean and muscular and have a low or even normal body fat percentage, you will more than likely sink. If you have a higher body fat percentage then you will more than likely float. Human muscle is denser and therefore less buoyant than fat. Fat contains water and oil and is less dense and therefore floats well. Also your upper body will float better and for longer because your lungs contain air which helps keep it up, whereas your legs will be there first part to sink.

good news for Rick Ross and Dj Kahleed. Saw Kahleed swam effortlessly in one of his documentary... Damn! I wonder how those guys lashlash undecided
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:55pm On May 05, 2016
Lol! I once experienced that back in 2010! I was an amateur then. Still I was the expert amidst my friends. It was a dreaded day as I delight them with skills and freestyles. Then I could only go from the deep part to the shallow part. But not from the shallow to the deep part. But I wanted to form boss that day. I went from from the deep part to the shallow part. And they cheered me to go back to the deep part. As I was going. I got to about 9ft and got tired. That was all I could remember. I drowned and was struggling with the water. My friends thought it was all part of swimming and we all smiling while I'm drowning. Not until when the life guard notice me from after and rescued me with long stick which I held and he pulled me out. I don drink about 3 liters of chlorinated water already. Now I can swim in the Pacific Ocean grin. You should have continued the second day. You will be a pro by now just like me winkauthor=cekhoe post=45337999]I get dizzy when I look into water, be it a river or pool,but after all this talk about how swimming is a good exercise I over came my fear and decided to learn how to swim,I got into the 3 ft part of the pool and my supposed instructor wanted to swim before the lessons begin,I was left alone,my people it was my first time ever in a water body o,I just said let me walk inside the pool ,before I could say Jack, I fell on my back,was drinking water,I couldn't get back on my feet,it was hilarious to the people in the pool because to them how can a 5 ft plus drown in a 3 ft pool,before my instructor could swim back,I had drank a lot of water,that was when they knew I wasn't faking it,even after everything, the people kept whispering, so it was,I my first day in the pool,my most dreaded moment, I thought I was gonna die,have not gone since then[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by forgiveness: 2:56pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
21. Children can take swim lessons as early as 12 months.

Now, i see. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2016
Creamychic:

I'm interested and in Lagos.
Where are you in Lag? Are you around Ikeja?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2016
Albert0011:
guy 4get takwa beach...hav been 2 elegushi beach 5 yrs ago,the people were amazed when i was displaying my amazing swimmin skills 2 them.
Well, I'm giving you a benefit of doubt sha! But you can't say you're better than whom you haven't seen his skills on display. Not saying I'm better than you too tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NFF Plans To Snatch Saka From England / Joseph Yobo: Why We Visited To Buhari / Serie A: Oliseh Advises Osimhen To Quit Napoli Over Tiktok Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.