Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Lets Talk About Swimming. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Talk About Swimming. (21077 Views)

Jude Ighalo, His Wife And Kids Go Swimming (Photos) / Fans React As Cristiano Ronaldo Shares Swimming Pool Photo With Black "Friend" / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by kingreign(m): 6:05am On May 04, 2016
Oxytocin:

84 secs tongue

Eho help time you? cheesy
I wan know because he fast foward the clock angry
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 6:38am On May 04, 2016
Wiz0isaac:
50m in length i can double back but in depth i do nt knw there aint no 50m deep pool in Nigeria bt i have gone about 8ft underwater.

You don't know? So if there's 50m deep water, you wil try it? You can try any of the coastal cities, get a speed boat and fly about 3kms away from shore to the open waters. I think you should get more than 50m of depth there, but be careful o cos there are lots of things to consider which you don't know.

50m is much, like from a goal post to the middle (touchline) of a standard football pitch.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by kingreign(m): 6:41am On May 04, 2016
Explorers:

You don't know? So if there's 50m deep water, you wil try it? You can try any of the coastal cities, get a speed boad and fly about 3kms away from shore to the open waters. I think you should get more than 50m of depth there, but be careful o cos there are lots of things to consider which you don't know.

50m is much, like from a goal post to the middle (touchline) of a standard football pitch.

You wan send am to kill himself instead of committing suicide embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 8:41am On May 04, 2016
kingreign:

Eho help time you? cheesy
I wan know because he fast foward the clock angry
Lolz... You really don't believe one can hold his breath for 84 secs .. How he go fast forward clock? grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 8:46am On May 04, 2016
Explorers:

You don't know? So if there's 50m deep water, you wil try it? You can try any of the coastal cities, get a speed boad and fly about 3kms away from shore to the open waters. I think you should get more than 50m of depth there, but be careful o cos there are lots of things to consider which you don't know.

50 metres is about 165ft, and he said he has only gone about 8ft underwater.

Hehehe....Suicide mission grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by kingreign(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2016
Oxytocin:

Lolz... You really don't believe one can hold his breath for 84 secs .. How he go fast forward clock? grin

Lol, na joke mode i dey o cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2016
kingreign:

Lol, na joke mode i dey o cheesy
grin
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
Explorers:

You don't know? So if there's 50m deep water, you wil try it? You can try any of the coastal cities, get a speed boat and fly about 3kms away from shore to the open waters. I think you should get more than 50m of depth there, but be careful o cos there are lots of things to consider which you don't know.

coastal swimming in Nigeria? Am i madt whr is the proper safety measures. Although it as been my dream to b a diver(wid breathing apparatus) bt nt in Nigeria except i want to kiss the world goodbye, 50m aint no small journey.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 4:13pm On May 04, 2016
Oxytocin:

50 metres is about 165ft, and he said he has only gone about 8ft underwater.

Hehehe....Suicide mission grin
you are right my brother dats sucide. Bt u knw what 8ft was d deepest point in the pool so dont blame my amateurship belive me i would go deep if i have the chance. But nt a coastal depth... There are tonns of tinz involved wid dat.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Lanceslot(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
Explorers:

I used to go more than 25m in River Niger back in the days... Back then we use to play a game of who will get sands in the deepest part of the river. I also go 10-15 minutes without breathing back then. I can travel on a distance of 100m without resurfacing in lagoon ( can't do that in River though).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2016
Lanceslot:
I used to go more than 25m in River Niger back in the days... Back then we use to play a game of who will get sands in the deepest part of the river. I also go 10-15 minutes without breathing back then. I can travel on a distance of 100m without resurfacing in lagoon ( can't do that in River though).
Agent of Lai Lie Mohammed spotted
Somebody call 911 grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Lanceslot(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2016
Oxytocin:
Agent of Lai Lie Mohammed spotted Somebody call 911 grin grin grin
You wona test?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 5:18pm On May 04, 2016
Lanceslot:
You wona test?
How
Last time I checked Nairaland doesn't have a swimming pool grin

6 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Lanceslot(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2016
Oxytocin:

How
Last time I checked Nairaland doesn't have a swimming pool grin
Its okay... Believe whatever you got to believe. I come from Riverine part of the country.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Explorers(m): 5:33pm On May 04, 2016
Some people sa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Oxytocin(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2016
Lanceslot:
Its okay... Believe whatever you got to believe. I come from Riverine part of the country.
That's ok lipsrsealed
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by tk4rd: 3:23am On May 05, 2016
Lanceslot:
Then, your second name should be "Pappy-water".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by OmichaelO: 12:54pm On May 05, 2016
I learnt how to swim like 7years ago Since them, I've been consistent on scale of 1-10, I can rate myself 7 yet to prefect my breaststroke though
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by LovesonBlezz(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2016
SPDAZZY:
I love to swim but I cant cry. Who will teach me?

Well done explorers.
contact Angelberry Asap... thank me later!..
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by joey150(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2016
if only they turn nysc to a 6months military training.
school everybody in first aid, swimming and basic survival.

and instill some discipline among our youths. some of them behave like rabid dogs. the general mentality of Nigerians needs a total reform.

once you face your fears and embrace them, you'll do anything!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by HonAdeli(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2016
Naturally, i just love swimming...just dont know why

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by sniper77(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2016
No matter how you describe swimming I can never be interested. I no dey near swimming pool let alone beach. Na on top land my leg must always dey.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Cybertext(m): 1:07pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
18. More than 17% of swimmers pee in pools.

19. 85% of swimming pools are sanitized using chlorine.

20. More than 35% of people jumps in the pool without showering first.

bros in Nigeria @bolded more than 85% don't.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Onegai(f): 1:09pm On May 05, 2016
Went swimming when I was 7 months pregnant, took Baby E swimming when she was 6 months old. The most open body of water I've swam in was a lake, but we don't have lifeguards on our Nigerian beaches and saltwater stings my eyes. I'm so planning on going snorkelling soon.

Swimming is awesome. Yeah, one of my siblings can't float, too much muscle density.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2016
sniper77:
No matter how you describe swimming I can never be interested. I no dey near swimming pool let alone beach. Na on top land my leg must always dey.
Lazy boy! You go fit swim well on top woman grin tongue come make I teach you for free wink
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2016
The beautiful thing I learned about swimming is you will never forget your learned skills even if you didn't swim for a while. You might just feel lazy due to fatigue. Getting into water again, you pick your form back easily!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Cybertext(m): 1:14pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
26. Diana Nyad swam from Cuba to Florida.Then 64-year-old Diana Nyad became the first person ever to swim the 103-mile from Cuba to Florida. Nyad had attempted the swim at least six times prior to her record-breaking swim.

Endurance-swimming grandmother Diana Nyad finally reached shore following her record-breaking journey of 103 miles from Cuba to the Florida Keys. The 64-year-old achieved her life-long dream after four failed attempts(1978, 2011, 2012) completing the grueling swim in 52 hours, 54 minutes and 18.6seconds, to tell her millions of fans: 'Never evergive up.' Looking dazed and sunburned, Ms Nyad walked on to the Key West shore on Monday, becoming the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without the help of a shark cage. As she approached, spectators surrounded her in the shallow waters, taking pictures and cheering her on as she limped on to Smathers Beach.Once on the beach, she was put on a stretcher and received medical treatment, including an IV. Her lips were swollen.

*.President Obama tweeted: 'Congratulations to @DianaNyad. Never give up on your dreams'

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408478/Diana-Nyad-64-set-break-record-103-mile-swim-Cuba-Florida-shark-cage.html

Oboiii!! this old woman swim for more than 2days non stop?? Na this kind athletes multinational suppose they endorse.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:14pm On May 05, 2016
Onegai:
Went swimming when I was 7 months pregnant, took Baby E swimming when she was 6 months old. The most open body of water I've swam in was a lake, but we don't have lifeguards on our Nigerian beaches and saltwater stings my eyes. I'm so planning on going snorkelling soon.

Swimming is awesome. Yeah, one of my siblings can't float, too much muscle density.
Lol! You cousin na stone grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Albert0011(m): 1:15pm On May 05, 2016
Mehn i luv swimming so much..i doubt nobody can win me here on nairaland.as for those us claiming that they can swim because they learnt how 2 swim in a swimming pool...cum 2 river ethiope in Delta state lemme tutor u well on hw 2 swim.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Onegai(f): 1:18pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lol! You cousin na stone grin

If he punches someone, you won't feel your face for a while. And he does mixed martial arts.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:21pm On May 05, 2016
I also held a record of underwater swimming of 12ft deep swimming pool of 40meter long to and fro for 10 times at Joejein Hotel swimming pool Akure cool cheesy. Haven't gone swimming this year tho. No time rara

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2016
Onegai:

If he punches someone, you won't feel your face for a while. And he does mixed martial arts.
People with such physique still floats. He's just too stiff and not flexible at all. I have seen muscular people floating well and doing freestyles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NFF Plans To Snatch Saka From England / Joseph Yobo: Why We Visited To Buhari / Serie A: Oliseh Advises Osimhen To Quit Napoli Over Tiktok Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.