Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

How To Find GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Find GOD (2341 Views)

I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / How Do I Find God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 10:54am On May 02, 2016
When you are looking to find God, you think, you plan, you look. First you think: What is my ideal? Then you plan what you can do to get there. My suggestion is to read an ECK book . . . .

Harold Klemp,
How the Inner Master Works, Mahanta Transcripts, Book 12

http://www.eckbooks.org/
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 12:22am On May 12, 2016
Some fantastic books on the spiritual life

Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 11:31pm On May 18, 2016
An ECK book.

Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 1:08pm On May 25, 2016

Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Love is God

Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 1:17am On Mar 27, 2019
How to Find God

Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
"The knowledge that the true, living Master gives is direct and immediate, coming from actual Soul experiences apart from the physical senses and human consciouness. His words are charged with the ECK Currents surging within him. They sink into the inner self of the listener, leaving little doubt about the existence of Soul experiences."
—The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
BetterChurch:

When you are looking to find God, you think, you plan, you look. First you think: What is my ideal? Then you plan what you can do to get there. My suggestion is to read an ECK book . . . .

Harold Klemp,
How the Inner Master Works, Mahanta Transcripts, Book 12

http://www.eckbooks.org/
No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan.

He went to Adam.

He went to Noah.

He went Abraham

He went Job.

He went to Moses.

He went to all the Apostles calling them out.
On and on He went and He came to me.

1 Like

Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
BetterChurch:
"The knowledge that the true, living Master gives is direct and immediate, coming from actual Soul experiences apart from the physical senses and human consciouness. His words are charged with the ECK Currents surging within him. They sink into the inner self of the listener, leaving little doubt about the existence of Soul experiences."
—The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Lolzzzzz. Worshiping demons
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
Anas09:
No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan.

He went to Adam.

He went to Noah.

He went Abraham

He went Job.

He went to Moses.

He went to all the Apostles calling them out.
On and on He went and He came to me.
"I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me early shall find Me.
(i.e. I love those who love Me. Those eagerly looking for me will find Me)
"
- Proverbs 8:17

"13You will seek Me  and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
14aI will be found by you” — this is the LORD’s
"
- Jeremiah 29:13-14a

"13But if from there you will seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
- Deuteronomy 4:29

"26From one man He made every nation of men, to inhabit the whole earth; and He determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands.
27God intended that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
"
- Acts 17:26-27

You're right that God went to Adam. He went to Noah. He went Abraham. He went Job. He went to Moses. He went to all the Apostles calling them out. On and on He went and He came to you. It is also right that God loves people eagerly looking for Him and find Him.

In order not to end up at the door of satan, watch what the reply will be when you ask "Are You the One who was to come, or should we look for someone else?"
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me early shall find Me.
(i.e. I love those who love Me. Those eagerly looking for me will find Me)
"
- Proverbs 8:17

"13You will seek Me  and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
14aI will be found by you” — this is the LORD’s
"
- Jeremiah 29:13-14a

"13But if from there you will seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
- Deuteronomy 4:29

"26From one man He made every nation of men, to inhabit the whole earth; and He determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands.
27God intended that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
"
- Acts 17:26-27

You're right that God went to Adam. He went to Noah. He went Abraham. He went Job. He went to Moses. He went to all the Apostles calling them out. On and on He went and He came to you. It is also right that God loves people eagerly looking for Him and find Him.

In order not to end up at the door of satan, watch what the reply will be when you ask "Are You the One who was to come, or should we look for someone else?"
Okay. Fine.
But initially He does the calling, then we do the pursuing that's what I mean.
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Anas09:
Okay. Fine.
But initially He does the calling, then we do the pursuing that's what I mean.
Please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.
MAN.
The question is, Where is God? If you want to find God, where will you start?

And, at what point did man began looking for God? We see that in Eden, he came to Man, what happened that now Man has to be the one looking for God?

This gave birth to religion. Man lost God in Eden. The relationship was broken and man's quest to rebuild it brought him to the door of satan which brought about Satan's worship today.

Religion is Man's attempt to reach God, but that wasn't in the Divine Pattern of God. He had always located man, not the other way round.
Man quest to reach God brought about religion, with appeasement. Give me this and I give you that.

Anyone who is stuck in performing rituals to appease a deity is religious, and following God whose name is YHWH you go into a relationship with him. Fellowship not appeasement.

Lets begin with Nimrod of Babel, from where Babylon emanated and spread all over the World's cultures. Every idol worshipper never actually set out to worship satan, because if you ask them, they believe it's God they are worshiping.

Even today amongst us, even in this Nairaland, they are people who worship Satan, but sincerely believe it's God they're worshiping. Case in point, the Op. With all their hearts they believe they have God in the details, but check, you'd see satan sitting there receiving all their Worship. How do you know? Check the details, compare spirits, test the spirits.

As far as the Bible goes, all the Patriarchs were called by God and He found them out and initiated a relationship before they pursuit the relationship with Him, none of them for up and began looking for God, not one of them. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

The Patriarch's relationship with God shd be a model for us instead of us trying to module our own ways which will definitely get us lost in the maze.

Jesus came for us. And He is still.going out to people today.

No man can come to me except 'I' draw them. Jesus of Nazareth.
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 6:19am On Aug 06, 2019
Anas09:
MAN.
The question is, Where is God? If you want to find God, where will you start?

And, at what point did man began looking for God? We see that in Eden, he came to Man, what happened that now Man has to be the one looking for God?

This gave birth to religion. Man lost God in Eden. The relationship was broken and man's quest to rebuild it brought him to the door of satan which brought about Satan's worship today.

Religion is Man's attempt to reach God, but that wasn't in the Divine Pattern of God. He had always located man, not the other way round.
Man quest to reach God brought about religion, with appeasement. Give me this and I give you that.

Anyone who is stuck in performing rituals to appease a deity is religious, and following God whose name is YHWH you go into a relationship with him. Fellowship not appeasement.

Lets begin with Nimrod of Babel, from where Babylon emanated and spread all over the World's cultures. Every idol worshipper never actually set out to worship satan, because if you ask them, they believe it's God they are worshiping.

Even today amongst us, even in this Nairaland, they are people who worship Satan, but sincerely believe it's God they're worshiping. Case in point, the Op. With all their hearts they believe they have God in the details, but check, you'd see satan sitting there receiving all their Worship. How do you know? Check the details, compare spirits, test the spirits.

As far as the Bible goes, all the Patriarchs were called by God and He found them out and initiated a relationship before they pursuit the relationship with Him, none of them for up and began looking for God, not one of them. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

The Patriarch's relationship with God shd be a model for us instead of us trying to module our own ways which will definitely get us lost in the maze.

Jesus came for us. And He is still.going out to people today.

No man can come to me except 'I' draw them. Jesus of Nazareth.
You said: "No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan.", so I requested that you please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.

Whenever you draw water from a well or tap into a bucket, does the water not find you and the bucket, hmm? Does it find itself at the door of satan instead of you and the bucket, hmm?

What was the Ethiopian eunuch finding, if not God? Did he end up at the door of satan, or God sent Stephen to him, hmm?
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You said: "No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan.", so I requested that you please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.
And I told you Man. Since Adam fell, his relationship with his God was severed. All along, God came to him, but He stopped, Man began looking for ways to reconnect with God, but who did he find? Satan impersonating God. The same demons but different names in all cultures presenting themselves to be worshiped as God, until God again CAME TO NOAH, Then to Abraham and on and on.

MuttleyLaff:

Whenever you draw water from a well or tap into a bucket, does the water not find you and the bucket, hmm? Does it find itself at the door of satan instead of you and the bucket, hmm?
Maybe you don't understand what I meant by 'LOOKING for God'.

I asked you. If you want to begin looking for God on your own, where will you start from? Where is God? How will you know He is the YHWH? (Pls I need you to respond to this).

We hear of people today who don't believe in Jesus as the Only way to God, hence don't believe in the Word of God. But, they tell you they
know God. The question is, which God?

It's not enough to claim 'I know God's, which God do you mean? God is not a name of a particular deity, but a title forl deities, so which God ans how did you find him?

MuttleyLaff:

What was the Ethiopian eunuch finding, if not God? Did he end up at the door of satan, or God sent Stephen to him, hmm?
Look at that? Making my point for me.

God sent Stephen to point the way to him'.lol.

Why didn't it say that the Ethiopian Eunuch looked for God and by himself without God's intervention, found Him?
Bros, this is a very poor example as it helps boost my point.

No man can come to the Father except He draw him ~~~Jesus of Nazareth.
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
Anas09:

And I told you Man. Since Adam fell, his relationship with his God was severed. All along, God came to him, but He stopped, Man began looking for ways to reconnect with God, but who did he find? Satan impersonating God. The same demons but different names in all cultures presenting themselves to be worshiped as God, until God again CAME TO NOAH, Then to Abraham and on and on.

Maybe you don't understand what I meant by 'LOOKING for God'.

I asked you. If you want to begin looking for God on your own, where will you start from? Where is God? How will you know He is the YHWH? (Pls I need you to respond to this).

We hear of people today who don't believe in Jesus as the Only way to God, hence don't believe in the Word of God. But, they tell you they
know God. The question is, which God?

It's not enough to claim 'I know God's, which God do you mean? God is not a name of a particular deity, but a title forl deities, so which God ans how did you find him?

Look at that? Making my point for me.

God sent Stephen to point the way to him'.lol.

Why didn't it say that the Ethiopian Eunuch looked for God and by himself without God's intervention, found Him?
Bros, this is a very poor example as it helps boost my point.

No man can come to the Father except He draw him ~~~Jesus of Nazareth.
"No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan."
- Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 3:18pm On Aug 05

I will, about the emboldened and your outlandish statement, politely ask you again. Please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"No one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan."
- Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 3:18pm On Aug 05

I will, about the emboldened and your outlandish statement, politely ask you again. Please share with me, that person, that you're aware of, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.
Is Man not a person? I don't need to show you just one man, the entire Human race got lost and had tried to find God but met satan until God came back to those He chose. Take it from there.

Have you come by any man who on his own found YHWH?

And, why haven't you explained to me how a man can find God, I mean YHWH?
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Anas09:
Is Man not a person? I don't need to show just one man, the entire Human race, take it from there.

Have you come by any man who on his own found YHWH?
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
- Matthew 7:7

Did the entire Human race tell you, they were finding God, when they ended up at satan's door, as you've surmised, hmm?
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
- Matthew 7:7

Did the entire Human race tell you, they were finding God, when they ended up at satan's door, as you've surmised, hmm?
Can we pls be serious? What does Matt 7:7 say within context?

Is the Lord talking to those he has already called out or those outside the fold? And, what did he say His followers shd ask, seek, and knock for?

If we can't have an intelligent and a scriptural discussion then I'm out.

What are trying to say, that humanity hasn't gone it's way serving idols thinking it is God they are serving?

You ask questions I answer you, but I ask but you pretend you don't see them.

If this question is not answered, I won't respond to you any further.

Where is God?

How can a none Christian find God?

How many none YHWH worshippers sort God on their own and found Him?

1 Like

Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
Anas09:
Can we pls be serious? What does Matt 7:7 say within context?

Is the Lord talking to those he has already called out or those outside the fold? And, what did he say His followers shd ask, seek, and knock for?

If we can't have an intelligent and a scriptural discussion then I'm out.

What are trying to say, that humanity hasn't gone it's way serving idols thinking it is God they are serving?

You ask questions I answer you, but I ask but you pretend you don't see them.

If this question is not answered, I won't respond to you any further.

Where is God?

How can a none Christian find God?

How many none YHWH worshippers sort God on their own and found Him?
You can throw tantrum(s) as much as you like, you can try and steer away from your outlandish original "... anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan" statement as much as you like and watch if I care, that you're threatening not to respond any further.

Just a single sentence question, I asked you, but you are giving me your usual editorial, careless and neatly sidestepping opinionated long reply, that's finding a way round from not directly and straightforwardly answering the question about you, please share with me, that person you've surmised, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.

If you want an intelligent and a scriptural discussion, then stop fallaciously arguing over a glaring boo-boo statement you made that: "no one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan".

That your statement is wrong and ill-considered, because, if you're genuinely seeking God, you'll find God and not end up at satan's door. There is no justification, to use a one cap fits all "no one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan" statement. That is a sweeping and hasty generalization.

Faulty generalization will not get you or anyone else for that matter, anywhere
Re: How To Find GOD by Anas09: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You can throw tantrum(s) as much as you like, you can try and steer away from your outlandish original "... anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan" statement as much as you like and watch if I care, that you're threatening not to respond any further.

Just a single sentence question, I asked you, but you are giving me your usual editorial, careless and neatly sidestepping opinionated long reply, that's finding a way round from not directly and straightforwardly answering the question about you, please share with me, that person you've surmised, who tried to find God but ended at the door of satan.

If you want an intelligent and a scriptural discussion, then stop fallaciously arguing over a glaring boo-boo statement you made that: "no one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan".

That your statement is wrong and ill-considered, because, if you're genuinely seeking God, you'll find God and not end up at satan's door. There is no justification, to use a one cap fits all "no one can find God, God finds you. Anyone who tries to find God ends at the door of satan" statement. That is a sweeping and hasty generalization.

Faulty generalization will not get you or anyone else for that matter, anywhere

You should ve ended with one person who did and found God on their own. Not the serious example of the Erhiopian Eunuch you gave.
Re: How To Find GOD by MuttleyLaff: 5:18am On Aug 07, 2019
"But Ruth answered, "Don't force me to leave you. Don't make me turn back from following you. Wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God."
- Ruth 1:16
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2019
"The aim and purpose of Eckankar has always been to take Soul by Its own path back to Its divine source."
—The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Re: How To Find GOD by jom28gy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
BetterChurch:
"The aim and purpose of Eckankar has always been to take Soul by Its own path back to Its divine source."
—The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
as eckankar believed in irrevocable laws of the nature, which God made, do they also believed that God is a destiny changer, and can do anything? again those who died, where did they go?
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 1:45am On Aug 21, 2019
jom28gy:
as eckankar believed in irrevocable laws of the nature, which God made, do they also believed that God is a destiny changer, and can do anything? again those who died, where did they go?

Thank you jom28gy for dropping this question but I will just try to briefly answer it. The 'irrevocable' laws of nature are still governed by other higher laws of Life, yet man desires to control everything even without proper spiritual training and discipline. However, the ardent student of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master ultimately learns to work in harmony with all of Life's forces including the laws of nature. His only concern is spiritual unfoldment and not in the manipulation of psychic forces. The Living ECK Master of the times is the supreme One mandated by God to change destinies.

The dead goes to the Court of Yama for Judgment after which they are reincarnated accordingly. Many persons living today have been there mostly during a near-death experience. At the point of death, an ECKist is typically escorted by his spiritual guide, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master to his new abode. I hope you will find these insights helpful.
Re: How To Find GOD by jom28gy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
BetterChurch:

Thank you jom28gy for dropping this question but I will just try to briefly answer it. The 'irrevocable' laws of nature are still governed by other higher laws of Life, yet man desires to control everything even without proper spiritual training and discipline. However, the ardent student of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master ultimately learns to work in harmony with all of Life's forces including the laws of nature. His only concern is spiritual unfoldment and not in the manipulation of psychic forces. The Living ECK Master of the times is the supreme One mandated by God to change destinies.

The dead goes to the Court of Yama for Judgment after which they are reincarnated accordingly. Many persons living today have been there mostly during a near-death experience. At the point of death, an ECKist is typically escorted by his spiritual guide, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master to his new abode. I hope you will find these insights helpful.
interesting,I do understand that you eckankar embark on astral travel, that is the soul living the body for somewhere, what is the essence of as it concerns your organization?
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
jom28gy:
interesting,I do understand that you eckankar embark on astral travel, that is the soul living the body for somewhere, what is the essence of as it concerns your organization?

An ECKist is a student of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master the sole teacher of Soul Travel. Astral travel is a lesser form of travel, and not the same as Soul Travel which is simply Soul's journey home to God.

1 Like

Re: How To Find GOD by jom28gy(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2019
BetterChurch:

An ECKist is a student of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master the sole teacher of Soul Travel. Astral travel is a lesser form of travel, and not the same as Soul Travel which is simply Soul's journey home to God.
please,I need more details on that topic
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
jom28gy:
please,I need more details on that topic

Soul Travel is taught only by the Holy One, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. But first, the student must understand that Soul Travel is possible by the force of love only. And love comes to one whom the Word has stirred. You can read more about the Word in the Gospel of John. Chanting HU for 30min daily enhanced our connection with this Word of God. It is experienced either as the Light or Sound in the dream state or during contemplation.
A recommended text is the book, Past Lives, Dreams and Soul Travel by Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. Another is ECKANKAR, Ancient Wisdom for Today. Freely available online.
This is one of the many benefits of being an ECKist.
Re: How To Find GOD by BetterChurch: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
https://www.eckankar.org/

Here is the link to request for free books, one of which is ECKANKAR, Ancient Wisdom for Today
Re: How To Find GOD by slaypapa: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Op, what am I to do to locate the grace of God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Atheist Creed Changed / Why Babalawo Forbids Pounded Yam (etutu) / What Is It With Everyone And Jehovah's Witnesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.