Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? (11985 Views)

Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo / Why You Should Marry From Nsukka, Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by ifyalways(f): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2009
Its amazing our Young men of today are so scared of marriage rites and demands.Spineless men !.Our fathers never disputed or argued;they paid willingly and with happiness;little wonder their marriages lasted. grin
Better soup na Money kill am cool@Ogidi boy If you are scared,from wawa suffri divert to gboko. tongue
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by sosisi(f): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2009
ifyalways:

Its amazing our Young men of today are so scared of marriage rites and demands.Spineless men !.Our fathers never disputed or argued;they paid willingly and with happiness;little wonder their marriages lasted. grin
Better soup na Money kill am cool@Ogidi boy If you are scared,from wawa suffri divert to gboko. tongue

My sister see me, see motocycle !!
does ogidi boy now want to change our ancient landmarks instituted by our great forefathers?
does he want to begin haggling the price of a wife as though he were buying coco yam at ekeoha market? grin
He should bring out the money and pay
If he doesn't have money,let him ask other men how they make money grin
ocho kwa nu, ya ga Bank of America ga  gbaziri ego
anyi g'a ha pu zi omenala me we ome n'elu?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
Lol dude that buys plantain from Walmart is talking about traditional marriage. Afi wawa naa
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by grafikdon: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2009
@Ifyalways, our forefathers did not get their wives with 20 crates of Fanta, 20 crates of "Big Stout", 20 kegs of palmwine, 10 cartons of Omo/Elephant, 100 bars of truck and Duck soap, 50 Holland Wax, 100 Akwete, 17 packs of Marlboro and Benson, 5 cows, 100 chickens. . . etc  grin So wtf is "traditional" with Tura, Marlboro and Imperial Lather? Na Igbo people 'invent' Marlboro, Tura and Joy soap?  grin

See how some Igbo people injected all manners of weirdness in'' traditional'' wedding. Next thing you know, they'll be demanding for Opanka sandals, Microwave ovens  and emerald rings. What happened to the good ol dwarf goats, Akwete, Wax, Coral beads (African Bling bling grin grin) and untainted palmie? Now if the groom decides to throw a party in the gates of heaven, nobody can stop him, but injecting  weird items like Joy soap, St. Moritz and Tura is just. . . silly.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Anyone wanna marry an Igbo girl without buying pink unicorns and winged elephants, hit me up and I will supply you with the lenient territories and no-go territories. . . grin grin
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2009
Its very easy to cause a miscarriage so this plan of "just knock her up" wont work with all.

You broke asses had berra find a better way grin
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2009
grafikdon:

@Ifyalways, our forefathers did not get their wives with 20 crates of Fanta, 20 crates of "Big Stout", 20 kegs of palmwine, 10 cartons of Omo/Elephant, 100 bars of truck and Duck soap, 50 Holland Wax, 100 Akwete, 17 packs of Marlboro and Benson, 5 cows, 100 chickens. . . etc  grin So wtf is "traditional" with Tura, Marlboro and Imperial Lather? Na Igbo people 'invent' Marlboro, Tura and Joy soap?  grin

See how some Igbo people injected all manners of weirdness in'' traditional'' wedding. Next thing you know, they'll be demanding for Opanka sandals, Microwave ovens  and emerald rings. What happened to the good ol dwarf goats, Akwete, Wax, Coral beads (African Bling bling grin grin) and untainted palmie? Now if the groom decides to throw a party in the gates of heaven, nobody can stop him, but injecting  weird items like Joy soap, St. Moritz and Tura is just. . . silly.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Anyone wanna marry an Igbo girl without buying pink unicorns and winged elephants, hit me up and I will supply you with the lenient territories and no-go territories. . . grin grin

Help me ask them. Most of the items don't even make sense. Imperial lather? Who still uses that?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Hauwa1: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2009
let him continue to cry here smiley and looking for way to make it cheap (by knocking her up). he should take a second job at target, walmart, Ihop, Lowes, home depot, kmart, payless shoe store, waiter at cheesecake factory etc to make more money.
siddon there with your broke ass grin my friend and chop akasi with texas hot sauce while shopping for ogede at walmart. me go help my parents edit it sef.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:01am On Aug 18, 2009
*Hauwa*:

let him continue to cry here smiley and looking for way to make it cheap (by knocking her up). he should take a second job at target, walmart, Ihop, Lowes, home depot, kmart, payless shoe store, waiter at cheesecake factory etc to make more money.
siddon there with your broke ass grin my friend and chop akasi with texas hot sauce while shopping for ogede at walmart. me go help my parents edit it sef.

Sharap there, the Walmart here sells the same Dole brand Plantains, like the one they have at the African Store in Dallas. tongue. My broke ass is taking 22 credit hours this fall and working full time, you think I still have time for a second job sad

You properly only have 12 credit hours to take, that's why you have mouth to talk. You wan follow osisi and TOH  yab me, and all this time I thought you was my big sister. sad

grafikdon:

This is all traditional wedding oh, we've not even started church wedding yet. Seriously a white girl is looking so good right now. With a white girl I don't have to spent my life saving.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by youngies(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
Says who? What does 'wawa' mean? Do you know why they are called 'wawa' people?

Simply speaking, Wawa people are Enugu state folks who the wawa lingo is part of their dialect

Wa = No
Wawa = Emphatic NO

1 Like

Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by sosisi(f): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
ogidi go and get a second job jare
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:29am On Aug 20, 2009
$osisi:

ogidi go and get a second job jare

No need, I'll marry a white girl.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Hauwa1: 1:44am On Aug 20, 2009
where is outlaw again, grin

shoo, white girls that cant cook u ofe onugbu, ogbono, okuru, egusi, nsala, ukpo, etc? you want to be eating pizza and coke all the time? chicken wings and bread eh? you nefa ready.

now my good friend from tanzania is doing the 22 credits with 2 jobs cafeteria (i know cuz we work here together) and campus safety job)
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:49am On Aug 20, 2009
*Hauwa*:

where is outlaw again, grin

shoo, white girls that cant cook u ofe onugbu, ogbono, okuru, egusi, nsala, ukpo, etc? you want to be eating pizza and coke all the time? chicken wings and bread eh? you nefa ready.

now my good friend from tanzania is doing the 22 credits with 2 jobs cafeteria (i know cuz we work here together) and campus safety job)

My sister what do you think I've been eating for the past two years, shoot I only eat Nigerian food when I go home on the weekends so I'm not worried about that tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Hauwa1: 1:52am On Aug 20, 2009
u be wayo and awful guy tongue

go and pay the bride price and stop whinning tongue
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2009
Pay bride price and empty out your savings. No thank you, Nigerian women are not that important lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Hauwa1: 2:04am On Aug 20, 2009
dont forget to tell our sister from Wawa that. hopefully she no allow you chop lipsrsealed . . . fair enough kiss
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:32am On Aug 20, 2009
*Hauwa*:

dont forget to tell our sister from Wawa that. hopefully she no allow you chop lipsrsealed . . . fair enough kiss

you tell you i'm wawa angry angry angry
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 2:44am On Aug 20, 2009
I didn't know people still pay bride price especially those abroad. undecided
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:50am On Aug 20, 2009
chiogo:

I didn't know people still pay bride price especially those abroad. undecided

Not always, say I like you and want to marry you, I'll not be paying the bride price because you and I are abroad, that's a new law the just came up with.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 3:00am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Not always, say I like you and want to marry you, I'll not be paying the bride price because you and I are abroad, that's a new law the just came up with.
new law ke? Well, in American weddings, the woman's family pays. Is that what you're talking about?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:05am On Aug 20, 2009
Exactly my dear, see if you and I were to get married, your family has to pay for every thing, all i need to do is get the rings.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 3:08am On Aug 20, 2009
LOL story story. America or no America, It's still not a Nigerian culture regardless of where you reside. I personally won't pay for my wedding.
Thank God for being a Nigerian. cheesy I can contribute just a little.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:27am On Aug 20, 2009
chiogo:

LOL story story. America or no America, It's still not a Nigerian culture regardless of where you reside. I personally won't pay for my wedding.
Thank God for being a Nigerian. cheesy I can contribute just a little.

Chiogo you are getting too Americanized, your folks need to send you back to our village to learn our culture.which one is "contribute"
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 3:39am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Chiogo you are getting too Americanized, your folks need to send you back to our village to learn our culture.which one is "contribute"
The village girls share my views too. Abi do women pay in naija? you're lucky if she even contributes a penny.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Better leaveher, she no want tongue

Where's Hauwa sef? I don dey miss her wahala small small grin
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:44am On Aug 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Better leaveher, she no want tongue

Where's Hauwa sef? I don dey miss her wahala small small grin

who tell you she no want, when you was gone earlier chiogo was flirting with me and giving me signs she liked me. tongue tongue tongue tongue grin

chiogo:

The village girls share my views too. Abi do women pay in naija? you're lucky if she even contributes a penny.

Dear later when mommy come home from work ask her about our culture.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 20, 2009
Chiogo, tell me its a lie o.

This bobo is B.R.O.K.E grin
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:51am On Aug 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Chiogo, tell me its a lie o.

This bobo is B.R.O.K.E grin

Gators na your big brother you dey yap like that oh cry cry I'm just financially challenged right now that's all sad
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 20, 2009
Financial challenge = BROKE.

LOL. I'm trespassing. That's Hauwa's way of getting your attention. tongue
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:00am On Aug 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Financial challenge = BROKE.

LOL. I'm trespassing. That's Hauwa's way of getting your attention. tongue

Gators for real though, why do you think Hauwa even notices me undecided undecided she's a nice girl and all but I don't think she even looks my way. Is there something I'm not seeing here ?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Gators for real though, why do you think Hauwa even notices me undecided undecided she's a nice girl and all but I don't think she even looks my way. Is there something I'm not seeing here ?
Face your girlfriend. Naija men, never satisfied grin
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:07am On Aug 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Face your girlfriend. Naija men, never satisfied grin

If you say so my sister, I was just wondering ooo that's all. I won't mind having Hauwa on the side, the girl knows everything about food unlike my gf sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Watch DSTV And IPTV Channels Free / The Origin Of Igbanke People In Edo State / The Plight Of The Northern Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.