Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? (11973 Views)

Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo / Why You Should Marry From Nsukka, Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 4:20am On Aug 20, 2009
youngies:

For the records, Wawa people does not include all the Enugu state people let alone Ebonyi state people.

Wawa people are predominantly from Ezeagu/Udi/Oji river axis, extending down to Nkanu. That's basically Enugu West and East senatorial zone. Enugu North (Nsukka axis) are not Wawa.

Ebonyi (Abakaliki & Afikpo) people are entirely another specie of people   

[/quote

Get your fact right!,  wawa are the ebonyians + some part of enugu,

and,  calling ppl from ebonyi "entirely another specie of people" is really disrespectful and annoying!
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 20, 2009
wawa alright cheesy

sorry, just couldn't pass up this chance cheesy
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 4:27am On Aug 20, 2009
lol.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:43am On Aug 20, 2009
mandiiee:

lol.

Cute picture on your profile dear, hey are you Igbo?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 4:51am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Cute picture on your profile dear, hey are you Igbo?

tnx, yupp am igbo,
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:55am On Aug 20, 2009
mandiiee:

tnx, yupp am igbo,

I presume you must be Anambra then, I don't think Enugu has your kind of finesse lipsrsealed
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 4:58am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I presume you must be Anambra then, I'm sure Enugu don't have your kind of finesse lipsrsealed

Haha, U are wrong dear! I'm very close to being from enugu, I'm from EBONYI!!, so many of my kinds are dere!
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:00am On Aug 20, 2009
So are you Abakiliki then *sorry for spelling*
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 5:00am On Aug 20, 2009
Ogigi, you're not serious.

@mandiie, yes ebonyi girls are pretty. my childhood friend was from there. lol
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 5:02am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

So are you Abakiliki then  *sorry for spelling*

Umm Abakaliki is d capital, im from IKWO  L.G.A.

chiogo:

Ogigi, you're not serious.

@mandiie, yes ebonyi girls are pretty. my childhood friend was from there. lol

really, tnx !
nd ur pic is very cute!!
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:03am On Aug 20, 2009
Which one is ebonyi again now is that in Enugu
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:04am On Aug 20, 2009
mandiiee:

Umm Abakaliki is d capital, im from IKWO L.G.A.

really, tnx !
nd ur pic is very cute!!

Thanks for clarifying for me oh, I was born and raised in the north so I'm not to familiar with Igboland cry
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2009
Na wa. Ebonyi is a state.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 5:10am On Aug 20, 2009
chiogo:

Na wa. Ebonyi is a state.

haha can u imagine?!
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:11am On Aug 20, 2009
Shows you how much I know sad Now I just look foolish
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 5:13am On Aug 20, 2009
LOL don't be

mandiiee:

really, tnx !
nd ur pic is very cute!!

you're welcome. . .and thanks lol
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 5:14am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Shows you how much I know sad Now I just look foolish

aww, nt really, it just shows uve been away for to long, and u dnt really care about others in nigeria , excpet from ogidi ,
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:11am On Aug 20, 2009
mandiiee:

aww, nt really, it just shows uve been away for to long, and u dnt really care about others in nigeria , excpet from ogidi ,

awww you a very sweet girl, you right I've been away too long. But that's why you here to teach and guide me through kiss
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by mandiiee(f): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

awww you a very sweet girl, you right I've been away too long. But that's why you here to teach and guide me through kiss

lol, at ur service. cool
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:27am On Aug 20, 2009
Wow I feel so lucky to have met you. So how is life up in Canada dear ?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by sosisi(f): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2009
so Abakaliki is the capital of Ebonyi?
I thought it was Afikpo
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2009
$osisi:

so Abakaliki is the capital of Ebonyi?
I thought it was Afikpo

I may be wrong again, but I thought Afikpo was in Benue State and the spoke igala. I'm trying to refresh my memory here, growing up I think we normally passed Afikpo junction before getting to Nsuka, then Ninth Mile.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by sosisi(f): 11:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I may be wrong again, but I thought Afikpo was in Benue State and the spoke igala. I'm trying to refresh my memory here, growing up I think we normally passed Afikpo junction before getting to Nsuka, then Ninth Mile.

You see what happens when your mother is from northern Nigeria grin
Are you confusing Afikpo with Oturkpo?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
$osisi:

You see what happens when yor mother is from northern Nigeria grin
Are you confusing Afikpo with Oturkpo?

I don't think I'm confusing the two, I remember Oturkpo well, we normally stopped there to get Gas. Afikpo is were we stopped to get fruits and they did not speak Igbo.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by asha80(m): 12:16am On Aug 21, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I don't think I'm confusing the two, I remember Oturkpo well, we normally stopped there to get Gas. Afikpo is were we stopped to get fruits and they did not speak Igbo.

They speak igbo but speak a very distinct dialect that may sound untillegible to a typical anambra or imo person.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 21, 2009
wawa person over here grin

so, what do I get?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:22am On Aug 21, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]

They speak igbo but speak a very distinct dialect that may sound untillegible to a typical anambra or imo person.

But they are from Benue state right ?
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by ezeagu(m): 1:59am On Aug 21, 2009
shocked You guys really need to research and read more, haven't you so called Igbo people thought of the 5 Igbo states, or am I the only one who's heard of such thing? First it's language that's been thrown out the window, now we don't even know where we are! It's not even that hard to find information these days you can just use google, lol.  cry

Ebonyi State:

Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 2:14am On Aug 21, 2009
^^^ Tell that to Ogidi. tongue
who doesn't know the 5 Igbo states?

But you have to know that not all parts of Ebonyi speak central Igbo. Therefore, many people mistake them for another group.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:31am On Aug 21, 2009
chiogo:

^^^ Tell that to Ogidi. tongue
who doesn't know the 5 Igbo states?

But you have to know that not all parts of Ebonyi speak central Igbo. Therefore, many people mistake them for another group.

I'm sure you just googled it right now and you acting like you even know tongue tongue tongue

There is no central Igbo, Igbo is Igbo final!
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by chiogo(f): 2:35am On Aug 21, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm sure you just googled it right now and you acting like you even know
tongue tongue tongue

There is no central Igbo, Igbo is Igbo final!

jealousy tongue tongue tongue

I used 'central Igbo' for lack of a better word. I mean the Igbo you're used to hearing. I've heard some speak and it didn't really sound like Igbo.
Re: Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:39am On Aug 21, 2009
chiogo:

jealousy tongue tongue tongue

I used 'central Igbo' for lack of a better word. I mean the Igbo you're used to hearing. I've heard some speak and it didn't really sound like Igbo.

Which part of Igboland speak this central Igbo you speak of ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of American Instruments Of African Origin That Survived The TST. / Watch DSTV And IPTV Channels Free / Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.