Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God (2392 Views)

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by noetic2: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
do u actually think at all?

u made assertions and the expect me to PROVE/EXPLAIN ur own assertions?

what sort of illetrates are springing out of the mosques these days?

P.S. I asked u for the CONTEXTUAL meaning of ELOHIM and not the rubbish u stated above.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
@noetic
Are you sure you are a christian? Your posts are most un christ like.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by noetic2: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
you sound very christ-like. . . .I was told u live in heaven
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by muhsin(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Jagoon:

@noetic
Are you sure you are a christian? Your posts are most un christ like.

Thats from some of the same "faith" with you.

He begins to figure out your specialty of insult, abuse and calling names.

(Shook head).
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by muhsin(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
P:S

My posts do not mean to hack you, noetic2. Just tell me if you. . .as you have already stated that I irritate you. This is nothing. You are not the first to concede neither the last.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
@ Alimat, Noetic -

The words of Jesus:

John 8:40: “, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does”

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

Guys from the foregoing there can be NO DOUBT, that Jesus NEVER, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, regarded himself as God.

The words of the Apostles:

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Let’s face it: the Trinity was created by the Roman Catholic Church and not Jesus Christ, and now people are ready to die to affirm the truth of it, disregarding Jesus’ own words.

So beware: calling him God – or “part of God” – is definitely blasphemy.

PS: I was born a Christian, but its quite obvious to me that the Bible does not teach that he is God.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by alimat2(f): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
@ deepsight,
Thank u and God bless u for this,

neotic is that cleared.

DONT CALL JESUS GOD AGAIN OOOOOOOO
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by noetic2: 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
alimat 2:

@ deepsight,

neotic is that cleared.

[sub]

deception of the mind is dangerous 

I have said all that needs to be said.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Abuzola(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2009
You should be ashame of yourself, you weren't able to convince alimah that God is three or is it one or na fraction self
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2009
alimat 2:

@ deepsight,

neotic is that cleared.

this is exactly why satan created islam.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by noetic2: 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
Abuzola:

You should be ashame of yourself, you weren't able to convince alimah that God is three or is it one or na fraction self

I never intended to convince anyone of anything. , How can I convince worshippers of satan (allah)?

only the holy spirit can o such. . . I can only pray for u.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21am On Aug 14, 2009
Listen to what this former muslim say about the Godhead, by revelation knowledge.

[center][flash=600,500]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Iteoluwa1: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2009
@ topic

Folks there are somethings that are just not black or white when it comes to GOD, it has to be through Revelation knowledge with the help of THE HELPER (Holy Spirit) and I think this is one of many.

Initially, I was so conflicted about THE TRINITY (GODHEAD) growing up in my walk with GOD, then I didn't know exactly how to or who to pray to amongst the GODHEAD, nothing I heard made sense but with the Holy Spirit and true diligence I gained the Understanding I was looking for, maybe sharing it will be of help to someone out there .

God the Creator is the HEAD of the GODHEAD, He bears the final responsibility and accountability for the GODHEAD which is a function, take for example (just for analogy sake I'm not saying its exact same relationship) the role of a husband within a marriage relationship not superior to his wife but accounts for the Headship that has functions tied to it, just as the wife too is not inferior to the husband has her function as the help mate but both are equal in the relationship. As we know God is very organize, He heads the Trinity. In the scriptures as we know there was always one person that heads a group e.g. Moses lead the children of Israelite out of Egypt. I'm sure we also know that with every organized group there is somewhat a head in order to avoid coehsion.

God the Son (which is also GOD Jhn 1:1) is the Personality of the GODHEAD walked the earth BODILY to die for our sins and also came to show us how to live in LOVE amidst a perversed, crooked and sinful world (Jhn 1:14), which is also a function but subject to the HEAD (GOD) Jhn 5:19.

God the Holy Spirit (Jhn 4:14) is the Personality of the GODHEAD that guides us in our day-to-day lives. Leads us to all truth and convicts of every thing that is not right. He lives in us, tell us what to and not to do (Jhn 16:7-8, 13) and also still subject to the HEAD (GOD).

I pray it helps.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by muhsin(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2009
davidylan:

this is exactly why satan created islam.
noetic2:

I never intended to convince anyone of anything. , How can I convince worshippers of satan (allah)?

You guys are the funniest folks I ever met on NL. grin grin grin

I'll, inshaAllah, be putting you in my prayer.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amen.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Iteoluwa1: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2009
Oh, I forgot to add that the word here is PLURALISM. One GOD in different roles with its different functions.

It not comprehendable with a mere human knowledge, but mind you God's throne was not vacant when God came bodily (Jesus Christ). I'll save that till another day.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by alimat2(f): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2009
Iteoluwa1:

@ topic

Folks there are somethings that are just not black or white when it comes to GOD, it has to be through Revelation knowledge with the help of THE HELPER (Holy Spirit) and I think this is one of many.

Initially, I was so conflicted about THE TRINITY (GODHEAD) growing up in my walk with GOD, then I didn't know exactly how to or who to pray to amongst the GODHEAD, nothing I heard made sense but with the Holy Spirit and true diligence I gained the Understanding I was looking for, maybe sharing it will be of help to someone out there .

God the Creator is the HEAD of the GODHEAD, He bears the final responsibility and accountability for the GODHEAD which is a function, take for example (just for analogy sake I'm not saying its exact same relationship) the role of a husband within a marriage relationship not superior to his wife but accounts for the Headship that has functions tied to it, just as the wife too is not inferior to the husband has her function as the help mate but both are equal in the relationship. As we know God is very organize, He heads the Trinity. In the scriptures as we know there was always one person that heads a group e.g. Moses lead the children of Israelite out of Egypt. I'm sure we also know that with every organized group there is somewhat a head in order to avoid coehsion.

God the Son (which is also GOD Jhn 1:1) is the Personality of the GODHEAD walked the earth BODILY to die for our sins and also came to show us how to live in LOVE amidst a perversed, crooked and sinful world (Jhn 1:14), which is also a function but subject to the HEAD (GOD) Jhn 5:19.

God the Holy Spirit (Jhn 4:14) is the Personality of the GODHEAD that guides us in our day-to-day lives. Leads us to all truth and convicts of every thing that is not right. He lives in us, tell us what to and not to do (Jhn 16:7-8, 13) and also still subject to the HEAD (GOD).

I pray it helps.
[/quote

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed

What u saying now is that there are GROUP OF GODS THAT MAKES 1 GOD
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by muhsin(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
Iteoluwa1:

It not comprehendable with a mere human knowledge, but mind you God's throne was not vacant when God came bodily (Jesus Christ).  I'll save that till another day.

Deceitfulness of the century. grin
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by meekas(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2009
@noetic2

Pls. visit this link read more about Allah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

Lastly, you are too insultive. We are all on nairaland to learn.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by muhsin(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
meekas:

@noetic2

Pls. visit this link read more about Allah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

Lastly, you are too insultive. We are all on nairaland to learn.

Not all are really here to learn. Folks like Noetic2, $Osisi and the likes are only here to insult, abuse, dent, defame, ridicule, etc Islam and Muslims. I always tell them; they'll only, I mean only die trying.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
noetic2:

I am absolutely astounded by this. How can any person be so comprehensively rude. Narrow minded also.

It's rude because regardless of your personal beliefs you should NEVER NEVER NEVER label another religion satanistic. Especially when that religion is one of the three monotheistic Abrahamic religions of the world.

Its Narrow minded because the word "Allah" is the arabic word for God, the creator of the universe. So if you say that Aallah is Satan, you are actually equating the Creator with Satan. There is no justification for this at all.

Locally there are names for God, such as Oluwa, Olodumare, Chukwu, etc. Wwould you say those names refer to Satan simply because they are in another language.

I am so tired of people who believe that all persons not subscribing to their religion are damned therefore. You fail to see the glorious diversity of humanity and fail to understand that we will of necessity all approach God through different channels guided by our peculiar culture, history, etc.

I am however pleased that the muslims on this forum have reacted politley to your astoundly shocking and provocative statement.

This is a moderated forum, and unless you apologise, i will be reporting your post to the moderator and having your account shut down.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

I am absolutely astounded by this. How can any person be so comprehensively rude. Narrow minded also.

Its not narrow minded, its the truth. Christ said - John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

It doesnt get any more narrow minded than that. unfortunately we live in a world of false compromise masquerading as tolerance and open mindedness. A lie of the devil.

Deep Sight:

It's rude because regardless of your personal beliefs you should NEVER NEVER NEVER label another religion satanistic. Especially when that religion is one of the three monotheistic Abrahamic religions of the world.

Islam is satanic, simple as that. The false worldly "tolerance" has emasculated most christians.

Deep Sight:

Its Narrow minded because the word "Allah" is the arabic word for God, the creator of the universe. So if you say that Aallah is Satan, you are actually equating the Creator with Satan. There is no justification for this at all.

No its not . . . ordinary wikipedia shld set you straight. Allah is the arabic word for "The god"

The real arabic word for "God" is Ilah . . . go find out and stop letting your mosque dictate to you.

Deep Sight:

I am so tired of people who believe that all persons not subscribing to their religion are damned therefore. You fail to see the glorious diversity of humanity and fail to understand that we will of necessity all approach God through different channels guided by our peculiar culture, history, etc.

Again the insidious satanic lie to dilute the truth. The bible says again - John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

He that does not believe on Jesus Christ is condenmned already according to the bible so its not us "subscribing". you are free to choose another religion.

Deep Sight:

I am however pleased that the muslims on this forum have reacted politley to your astoundly shocking and provocative statement.

The only reason we have a separate islamic forum is because muslims have and still continue to threaten the lives of the mods.

Deep Sight:

This is a moderated forum, and unless you apologise, i will be reporting your post to the moderator and having your account shut down.

so much for "tolerance" . . . the time will come when attitudes like this will become mainstream in our societies. Very soon it will be a grievous crime to be seen with a bible.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2009
what is most despicable about muhsin, deep spirit and his likes is that they saw ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with a thread that began with a FLAGRANT ATTACK ON THE VERY ROOT OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH - the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

All they saw was the statement that islam is satanic and they are threatening to shut down accounts?
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Davidylan -

It might surprise you to know that i am not, and have never been muslim. I am born Anglican Christian.

I thank you for the portions of the bible you quoted to indicate the source of your belief. However you must note that i was not arguing about whether you are right in that belief or wrong.

My point was simply about simple virtues such as politeness and respect for one another. Especially in matters of faith.

You are wrong when you say that the thread started as an attack on chrsitianity, if you check you will see that it was simply an inquiry on a theological question only - the question as to whether Jesus is God. Every body is permitted his view on that, as you well know, there are even Chriatian Groups that do not believe that he is God, such as Jehovah's Witnesses and others.

That is quite different from stating that Allah is Satan. That is a highly misguided and ill-advised thing to say, especially at a public forum. The muslims did not call Jesus satan, did they? Of course they would not because the quoran details his life as one of the most exalted messengers of God, and you might be surprsied to learn that the quoran also confirms the immaculate conception of Jesus.

If you are more open-minded, you will learn so much more.

In a universe of trillions of galaxies and billions of souls in billions of far flung worlds, you really expect all souls to have the same religion? Come on!

The reason i insist i will report to the moderator is because statements like that are religiously provocative and are against the rules of this forum. Have you read the rules?

I will certainly report this matter if you guys do not apologize or clarify.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

@ Davidylan -

It might surprise you to know that i am not, and have never been muslim. I am born Anglican Christian.

My dear . . . YOU ARE NOT a christian. Please stop deceiving urself . . . comments like this tell me that you and the apostles in the book of acts COULD NOT be worshiping the same Christ.

[size=13pt]- I am so tired of people who believe that all persons not subscribing to their religion are damned therefore. You fail to see the glorious diversity of humanity and fail to understand that we will of necessity all approach God through different channels guided by our peculiar culture, history, etc.[/size]

No sir . . . the Christ i know and read from the bible preached a message of salvation. If man could "approach God through different channels" He would not have sent His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to die on the cross. No sir . . . Christ says HE IS THE WAY . . . not one of several channels.

sorry sir pls revisit your bible, YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN!

Deep Sight:

My point was simply about simple virtues such as politeness and respect for one another. Especially in matters of faith.

Again i repeat NO SIR! You are wrong and have not been reading your bible as i suspected. Have you read Christ's attack on the scribes and pharisees? Wow . . . do you think Christ Himself had such "simple virtues of politeness and respect"? Apparently not judging by your false and subtly satanic standards.

Deep Sight:

You are wrong when you say that the thread started as an attack on chrsitianity, if you check you will see that it was simply an inquiry on a theological question only - the question as to whether Jesus is God. Every body is permitted his view on that, as you well know, there are even Chriatian Groups that do not believe that he is God, such as Jehovah's Witnesses and others.

NO SIR . . . again you are wrong. I've been here long enough to be fully aware that alimat, muhsin and abuzola have long been strident in their condemnation of Christ as Lord and the bible. they were not simply making an inquiry that along the line also INSULTS the personality of Christ. But of course that doesnt bother you false "christians".

Drape urself in the self-righteous but fraudulent garb of "respect" all you want.

Deep Sight:

That is quite different from stating that Allah is Satan. That is a highly misguided and ill-advised thing to say, especially at a public forum. The muslims did not call Jesus satan, did they? Of course they would not because the quoran details his life as one of the most exalted messengers of God, and you might be surprsied to learn that the quoran also confirms the immaculate conception of Jesus.

Ha . . . John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Apparently Christ was "misguided" too?

Muslims dont call Jesus Satan simply because they have appropriated Him as a "prophet" to allah . . . no different from calling Him satan anyway. Muslims ABSOLUTELY need the bible, Christ and the jewish prophets to validate their quran.

Deep Sight:

If you are more open-minded, you will learn so much more.

Christ wasnt "open-minded", i dont wish to be.

Deep Sight:

In a universe of trillions of galaxies and billions of souls in billions of far flung worlds, you really expect all souls to have the same religion? Come on!

and you call yourself a "born anglican christian"? I laugh in greek.

Deep Sight:

The reason i insist i will report to the moderator is because statements like that are religiously provocative and are against the rules of this forum. Have you read the rules?

I will certainly report this matter if you guys do not apologize or clarify.

I hope you are also preparing to report the DELIBERATE PROVOCATION by the muslims who started this thread too right?

Hypocrite. Pls i'd rather a muslim or an atheist than pharisaic enemies of the cross masquerading as "born christians".
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Abuzola(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
Thank God the christians have realize how devilish david and noetic is
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Davidylan -

It appears you have misunderstood me. I did not say that i am a christian. To clarify, i am not a Christian.

I said i was born Christian. Translating from English to English, that simply means i was born into a Christian Anglican Family and grew up a Christian.

However i have keenly searched for the Truth all my life, and so have fully read the Bible, the Quoran, and many other works of faith seeking a round understanding.

Currently i do not share many of the doctrines preached in the Bible. This is why i ceased to be Christian many years ago.

Of course you will now launch into a prayer session for my soul, but quite frankly, if i go to hell, its my kettle of fish, is it not?

But somehow, as a non-partisan person (since i am neither christian nor muslim), i felt and still feel that the statement "Allah is Satan" - is a very misguided statement and shows a great limitation of mind on the part of persons who would say such. Its also certainly blasphemy.

What would you think of a Muslim who comes around and says - "Jehovah is Satan" just because the word "Jehovah" is a foreign word for "God" - and yes, Allah is both literally and contextually the arabic word for God. Do you even know the origin of the hebrew names "Yahweh", "Jehovah", etc?

You must be more broadminded as an individual, as a human being, and eschew fanatism. Because you are sounding like a Christian Fanatic.

I will report the posts, i mean it. If no apology to your muslim brothers by c.o.b. today.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

@ Davidylan -

It appears you have misunderstood me. I did not say that i am a christian. To clarify, i am not a Christian.

thank you . . . that much was glaringly obvious from your statements.

Deep Sight:

Of course you will now launch into a prayer session for my soul, but quite frankly, if i go to hell, its my kettle of fish, is it not?

No sir, i am not one of those christians who cast their pearls before swine. I frankly believe anyone who has heard the truth and discards it is not worth wasting my time on. By all means enjoy your godless state.

Deep Sight:

But somehow, as a non-partisan person (since i am neither christian nor muslim), i felt and still feel that the statement "Allah is Satan" - is a very misguided statement and shows a great limitation of mind on the part of persons who would say such. Its also certainly blasphemy.

What would you think of a Muslim who comes around and says - "Jehovah is Satan" just because the word "Jehovah" is a foreign word for "God" - and yes, Allah is both literally and contextually the arabic word for God. Do you even know the origin of the hebrew names "Yahweh", "Jehovah", etc?

I would have been sympathetic to your claims if you were broadminded enough to go through the many threads swarming here that are openly antagonistic to Christ and the bible. I mean right under your nose is a thread accusing Christ of being too lazy to write His own scriptures Himself . . . and you're here bawling about allah?

Sorry, i'm not keen on what hypocrites have to say. You are weep blood when muslims have their faith accurately labelled and could care less when muslims or atheists denigrate the bible.

Deep Sight:

You must be more broadminded as an individual, as a human being, and eschew fanatism. Because you are sounding like a Christian Fanatic.

I'm not sounding like a christian "fanatic" . . . simply quoting the bible to you. If it bothers you pls move to the politics section where you will find equally "broad minded" but lost souls.

Deep Sight:

I will report the posts, i mean it. If no apology to your muslim brothers by c.o.b. today.

Who frankly cares? Even those you're defending have reported us for the last 2 yrs.

I wonder why you're not equally demanding that those same muslims and atheists apologise to us . . . oh sorry i forgot, we are just supposed to suck it up or turn the other cheek.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Deep Sight, others "born as Christians" and adherents of the "Other religion",

Watch and learn from Afsin, a former muslim, what he has to say about his former religion, Jesus Christ and the living God on post #43. This will throw more light and clear your misconceptions about who the true and living God is.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Davidylan -

I make a point of debating clean, and would urge you to do the same. That line about casting your pearls before swine was rather below the belt, don't you think?

Ooops swine flu,  LOL!

It appears you make many assumptions. You assume that being a non-christian amounts to being in a god-less state.

Might i ask you if Abraham was a Christian. Did he need the sacrifice on the cross to be saved? What about Elijah, who was taken up into heaven and did not die at all. Moses, Jacob, David, Isaiah, the prophets, etc? Christ had not died on the cross yet, and they were saved, yes?

What about the millions of people who have lived and died in centuries past without ever even hearing of Christ. You assume they are all damned.

I am so sad at that pattern of thought.

However i am increasingly getting used to such lines of reasoning from Christians. You really honestly believe that if there is a red-indian somewhere in history, who never heard of christ, but loved the creator and loved his fellow men, and was good and charitable all his life - you honestly believe he will go to hell

Worse still, you believe that if there is such a man alive today, and you sprint to him with the gospel, and on account of his culture and upbringing he cannot relate to it, he is going to hell?

Many surprises await "Christians" in the afterlife.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

@ Davidylan -

I make a point of debating clean, and would urge you to do the same. That line about casting your pearls before swine was rather below the belt, don't you think?

I didnt make it up, simply quoted the bible to you. Matthew 7:6

Deep Sight:

It appears you make many assumptions. You assume that being a non-christian amounts to being in a god-less state.

Its not an assumption, its a biblical fact which you are free to disregard.

Deep Sight:

Might i ask you if Abraham was a Christian. Did he need the sacrifice on the cross to be saved? What about Elijah, who was taken up into heaven and did not die at all. Moses, Jacob, David, Isaiah, the prophets, etc? Christ had not died on the cross yet, and they were saved, yes?

those are questions already addressed in the book of Hebrews. Read the difference between the law of the old testament and that of the new covenant.

Deep Sight:

What about the millions of people who have lived and died in centuries past without ever even hearing of Christ. You assume they are all damned.
I am so sad at that pattern of thought.

Read the book of Genesis, Noah lived in such a generation.

Deep Sight:

However i am increasingly getting used to such lines of reasoning from Christians. You really honestly believe that if there is a red-indian somewhere in history, who never heard of christ, but loved the creator and loved his fellow men, and was good and charitable all his life - you honestly believe he will go to hell

Read Genesis. They never heard of Christ too but there were certain who lived a morally upright life . . . God was faithful to them.

Deep Sight:

Worse still, you believe that if there is such a man alive today, and you sprint to him with the gospel, and on account of his culture and upbringing he cannot relate to it, he is going to hell?

Many surprises await "Christians" in the afterlife.

the surprise may be on you.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by DeepSight(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
davidylan:

Read Genesis. They never heard of Christ too but there were certain who lived a morally upright life . . . God was faithful to them.

Excellent. Some improvement. So you now accept its possible to be morally upright without church or mosque!!!

Very good, very good, there is hope yet.
Re: The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

Excellent. Some improvement. So you now accept its possible to be morally upright without church or mosque!!!

Very good, very good, there is hope yet.

Again you're confused on what the bible has to say. Read Romans 4, it perfectly explains how Abraham . . . who never heard of Christ nor had any judaic law to live by was justified.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Meaningless Poster For The Year / Adjusted / Anita Oyakhilome's Name & Pic Removed From Rhapsody Of Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.