Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99689 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by emmasmith1030: 6:52am On Mar 01, 2017
If you struggle with Depression or Anxiety individual therapy is vitally important in providing you with the time or space necessary to retrain your thinking, explore your core struggles and deepen your understanding of how to manage or even heal your life.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Toks2008(m): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Anaximander:
I'm a kind of person that don't talk much so making friends is a very hard thing for me to do, so most times I'm always alone even in my class when I realize that if I try to make friends most of them will always make fun of my stature and that will make me feel laid back. To even make my case worst, my dad is going through some health issues and that has made him stop working and I'm left to fend for myself, I'm in my final year in the University and school fees has not been paid. Killing myself has been constant in my head lately

It is well...

let's chat on wattsup...08023146046

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 06, 2017
I think am fallen into depression. This country makes life so difficult. Imagine going to school at the end no job. Am currently doing business but with low income. The state am in (Edo state) nothing is happening there. Am married with two children my wife is also a graduate yet no job. To make matters worst I don't have a family day at least help a little. All manners of evil has been entering my mind yet I cant even get a solution. I think this is why people comit suicide When you can't even see a ray of light. Am indebted I don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Femillionairee(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
If there is a website that offers respite and relief from all the bad news flying around and being given a right of place by our daily tabloids which agitate the minds of all, will you run to the website? http://femillionairee.com doesn't promote bad news or pokes its nose into the lives of our celebs. No time for that. It's a pure and sheer time wastage. Please go to the site. Thanks.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
Convinced I suffer from dysthymia

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2017
1bkaye:
Convinced I suffer from dysthymia
Really?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:

Really?
Yup
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Acidosis(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2017
1bkaye:
Yup

Is there something you'd like to share with me? I'm guessing a lot have been running through your mind?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:

Is there something you'd like to share with me? I'm guessing a lot have been running through your mind?
Awww no I'm ok dear, thank you smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2017
1bkaye:
Awww no I'm ok dear, thank you smiley
You do PMs?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:

You do PMs?
Nah I don't smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Acidosis(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
1bkaye:
Nah I don't smiley
Will you give a reply if I send one?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:
Will you give a reply if I send one?
I don't interact with people outside the forum, nothing personal smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Acidosis(m): 11:21am On Mar 08, 2017
Okay, that's fine.

Try and get the best treatments and remedies you can lay your hands on. I wish you all the best

1bkaye
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:
Okay, that's fine.

Try and get the best treatments and remedies you can lay your hands on. I wish you all the best

1bkaye
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
Anaximander:
I'm a kind of person that don't talk much so making friends is a very hard thing for me to do, so most times I'm always alone even in my class when I realize that if I try to make friends most of them will always make fun of my stature and that will make me feel laid back. To even make my case worst, my dad is going through some health issues and that has made him stop working and I'm left to fend for myself, I'm in my final year in the University and school fees has not been paid. Killing myself has been constant in my head lately

Hugs. How's your Dad doing? I hope he gets better soon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Today i'm feeling intensely depressed, because right now I feel somehow i guess lonely, work is good but you know when you reach a certain age in a tech industry you start to think about the future you don't want to be 34 and be coding like your life depends on it, when younger ones can do the same for fun without fear or risk, but my major issue is am really not that friendly maybe online, I've been single for a long time, since 2014 I haven't been in a relationship, and now i rarely meet people, it's a concern because at the rate and trend at which am going, it could take time dating talk less of marriage. My life consist of work come home, do work remotely at night, then weekends just resting and reading and the whole thing repeats itself, I used to be a workaholic till i looked back and realized i spent too much time working as an employee rather than developing myself personally. This is just me ranting though, now am thinking more about career choices and the future which is no problem, but the relationship/marriage one got me defeated. Am sure something will work out sha smiley , am feeling maybe i spend too much time on the computer , not my fault i need cash so i have to work remotely and normal work from office and local jobs. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
I have severe depression. I just lie in bed from morning to night. I am too depressed to even attend lectures. I havn't attended lectures for 3 weeks, can't sit still to read, always agitated, my CGPA is way down in the toilets and I am not even caring enough to do anything about it.
I have no friends, girlfriends, no life. All teenagers around me are moving around, making connections, long-lasting relationships and I just indoors staring at the ceiling zinc roof.
I can't even hold a conversation anymore: all my convo start and end in greetings.
I have lost interest in all my hobbies: football, err what else?
I hardly bathe or even wash my clothes, don't shave or cut my hair.
The only thing that keeps me going is eating, playing video games and most of all watching CRISTIANO RONALDO. If not this CR7 dude I would prolly have committed suicide.
More so, I feel like my brain is getting more and more damaged owing to my depression:

my working memory has reduced drastically

lost my Photographic memory, although once in a while I still show some signs.

I can no longer VISUALIZE anything, not even a circle or a familiar face. I am worried about this because it is the basis of my lost photographic memory. When i was little i could visualize anything as vividly as I could see them to the extent that it interfered with my vision such that, say, if I visualize someone I couldn't differentiate between my mental image and the real person.
Many times my real experiences have been replaced by what I expected and visualized them to be. But nowadays my mental images are a bit too dim with my eyes open. Nowadays When I close my eyes I visualize NOTHING, I only see black in the dark and bright red in the day. To be continued...
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ngobaby2264: 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
mastermaestro:

Of course the Bible is the greatest Book of hope known to mankind. smiley I wake up and sleep with mine. wink

You could also take up a volunteer role in church if you've got the time. I am a church dude. wink Active participation in church running and administration is magical. It's undiluted antidepressant. smiley Very effective. It's one cheap source of lasting joy. In addition it teaches you friendliness and warmth, and even how to stoop low to people of little standing (class). Today I can relate to all classes of people, all thanks to youth fellowship and church management.

The friends that have remained in my life today, I met them in church. My best friends from school are gone with the wind. cheesy

Lastly, try to make a few jokes when with people. Smile too. People would naturally avoid you when your looks aren't warm enough. I changed this about myself over time. Growing up, nobody would dare come close unless you had something very important to tell me. grin But today, it's considerably different. Not perfect, but far better and more friendly. wink I could start a conversation with just anybody, male or female. No more dulling. Life is beautiful if you want it so.

Have a lovely week! smiley
you seem like a nice person.can we be friends
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mrstheo(f): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
I'm depressed and down for the past two months now..i just joined my hubby in lagos from Edo state. Instead of him to take me to his apartment, he asked me to go stay with his elder sister and it hasn't been easy. He comes to the sister's place every weekend. I work my hass out on daily basis as if am their house maid and my hubby is so comfortable with it. Each time I bring up the issue of us moving to the apartment given to us by his company he always flair up and get so upset. He doesn't give me money for upkeep and each time I ask him for money he will say he doesn't have money. And I'm not working yet cos I'm new in lagos and I Don't want to work around the sister environment cos she will continue to use me. Have been TTC for almost two years now all to no avail. All of this is breaking ma heart and giving sleepless night. I can't sleep without using sleeping pills. I just need somebody to talk to cos I don't want to involve ma parent with the issue.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mimitee: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
I hope and pray I am not having leukemia

I have a lot of problems in my life already and I hope this will not happen to me.

I just noticed I have been experiencing bleeding gum these day. it first started when I brush but now it occur frequently at every time of the day . I was looking for the likely cause of this when I stumbled on how it may likely be leukemia. At least I suffers from all this.

Persistent fatigue, weakness

Losing weight without trying

Easy bleeding or bruising

Excessive sweating

Bone pain

Is there any hospital where I can go for examination at little cost to ascertain what is really wrong with me.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
mrstheo:
I'm depressed and down for the past two months now..i just joined my hubby in lagos from Edo state. Instead of him to take me to his apartment, he asked me to go stay with his elder sister and it hasn't been easy. He comes to the sister's place every weekend. I work my hass out on daily basis as if am their house maid and my hubby is so comfortable with it. Each time I bring up the issue of us moving to the apartment given to us by his company he always flair up and get so upset. He doesn't give me money for upkeep and each time I ask him for money he will say he doesn't have money. And I'm not working yet cos I'm new in lagos and I Don't want to work around the sister environment cos she will continue to use me. Have been TTC for almost two years now all to no avail. All of this is breaking ma heart and giving sleepless night. I can't sleep without using sleeping pills. I just need somebody to talk to cos I don't want to involve ma parent with the issue.

I am sorry about this. You will be fine. Everything will be OK. You should seek support from your parents in this matter instead of getting depressed. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
Are you struggling with depression? You can call this mental health helpline to speak to someone:

+234 8174913329

You can also visit:

Shewriteswoman.org
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mrstheo(f): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

I am sorry about this. You will be fine. Everything will be OK. You should seek support from your parents in this matter instead of getting depressed. God bless you.
thanks.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by tbaba1234: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Sinestroo:
I have severe depression. I just lie in bed from morning to night. I am too depressed to even attend lectures. I havn't attended lectures for 3 weeks, can't sit still to read, always agitated, my CGPA is way down in the toilets and I am not even caring enough to do anything about it.
I have no friends, girlfriends, no life. All teenagers around me are moving around, making connections, long-lasting relationships and I just indoors staring at the ceiling zinc roof.
I can't even hold a conversation anymore: all my convo start and end in greetings.
I have lost interest in all my hobbies: football, err what else?
I hardly bathe or even wash my clothes, don't shave or cut my hair.
The only thing that keeps me going is eating, playing video games and most of all watching CRISTIANO RONALDO. If not this CR7 dude I would prolly have committed suicide.
More so, I feel like my brain is getting more and more damaged owing to my depression:

my working memory has reduced drastically

lost my Photographic memory, although once in a while I still show some signs.

I can no longer VISUALIZE anything, not even a circle or a familiar face. I am worried about this because it is the basis of my lost photographic memory. When i was little i could visualize anything as vividly as I could see them to the extent that it interfered with my vision such that, say, if I visualize someone I couldn't differentiate between my mental image and the real person.
Many times my real experiences have been replaced by what I expected and visualized them to be. But nowadays my mental images are a bit too dim with my eyes open. Nowadays When I close my eyes I visualize NOTHING, I only see black in the dark and bright red in the day. To be continued...

You should get someone to talk to.. You will be fine..
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Will miss you boo... playing "I don't trust myself with loving you" ATM.

It's depressing babe!
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 12:06am On Mar 22, 2017
ngobaby2264:
you seem like a nice person.can we be friends

Why not? You are welcome to my world.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Julivas(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Thanksop alot for opening this thread. Please in any way we can assist anyone, let do. I pray that God shall help us to achieve positive testimonies.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ricy20(f): 7:39am On Mar 28, 2017
mrstheo:

It painful pm let me share in your pains

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Classyview(f): 9:25am On Mar 30, 2017
How To Experience The True Beauty Of Marriage

A lot of people who go on about wanting a perfect husband or wife are quite miserable when they do get read http://www.classyview.com/2017/03/how-to-experience-true-beauty-of-marriage.html?m=1
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AbdulKaybee: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hmmmm, DEPRESSION!!!

Being a 20-something isn’t easy. On the one hand, the period between ages 18 and 29 is the best ever. It’s that time when you get to develop a sense of independence in college, start a new job, scout out the dating scene, or head off to new cities. On the other hand, it’s a time often characterized by financial debt, romantic misadventures, loneliness, and a sense of uncertainty about who we are and why we’re here. So it’s not surprising that people in their late teens and 20s are especially vulnerable to feelings of depression.

The positive news is that these emotions are pretty common and typically pass by the time people hit 30. But depression can still be a serious issue that often requires some kind of treatment. Here’s how to address those feelings when they pop up.

What You Need to Know

At one time, most people didn’t experience their first depressive episode until their late 40s or 50s; today, depression typically first appears around age 25. And while about nine percent of the American adult population suffers from some type of depression, that number is closer to 11 percent among people ages 18 to 24.

Today’s 20-somethings are going through a number of psychosocial and biological experiences that make them especially vulnerable to depression. For one thing, says Meg Jay, Ph.D., a psychologist who’s written on the importance of the 20s, depression is often triggered by loss. And the period between 18 and 29 is filled with potential losses: breaking up with a significant other, losing friends, losing a job, failing school or not getting into an academic program, and realizing our dream career plans just might not work out. The 20s, Jay says, are a time of uncertainty, which can leave people feeling powerless to change their lives.

Biological factors also come into play. In the last few years, scientists have noted that the frontal lobe (the part of the brain responsible for planning and reasoning) doesn’t completely develop until the mid-20s. This means 20-somethings are faced with making some huge decisions (where to live, what career to pursue, whether to propose) when they aren’t yet at their full cognitive capacity, which can cause feelings of angst and anxiety.

In some cases, 20-somethings might not realize certain lifestyle factors may contribute to depressive symptoms. Binge drinking tends to be most common and intense in people ages 18 to 24, and alcohol use disorders are closely linked to depression. According to Cameron Johnson, M.D., a psychiatrist at Loma Linda University, the transition from high school to college (and from college to post-grad life) is often marked by changes in sleep schedules, which can also cause some mental health issues.

Whatever the reason for depression during this time period, there are a number of ways to cope. Many involve reaching out to people we trust and making small but meaningful lifestyle changes.

Read the article of the doctors in dealing with prevention by clicking on the words below:

Ways To Deal With Depression

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
My problem is that, it is hard for a muslim to get a psychologist or counsellor that won't introduce him/her to a pastor. i wish i can get someone i could trust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.