Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99680 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by onegig(m): 6:13am On Apr 02, 2017
lartty:
My problem is that, it is hard for a muslim to get a psychologist or counsellor that won't introduce him/her to a pastor. i wish i can get someone i could trust.

First depression has no religion or race and anyone using your current predicament to try and lure you or "gain a soul" is utterly wicked and doesn't have your best interest at heart.

Yeah, sometimes we may need to pray to try and solve a problem but not on this pretext and not when the person is at their lowest ebb.

As for whatever you are going through. You can actually type it out here and I am sure most would like to help you. Sometimes what we need is just a bit of talk.If it is however a bit personal. You could send Sissie a pm. I guess she could find a way around finding you the right channels to open your heart.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 02, 2017
onegig:

First depression has no religion or race and anyone using your current predicament to try and lure you or "gain a soul" is utterly wicked and doesn't have your best interest at heart.

Yeah, sometimes we may need to pray to try and solve a problem but not on this pretext and not when the person is at their lowest ebb.

As for whatever you are going through. You can actually type it out here and I am sure most would like to help you. Sometimes what we need is just a bit of talk.If it is however a bit personal. You could send Sissie a pm. I guess she could find a way around finding you the right channels to open your heart.
thanks i appreciate
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gnykelly(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
two weeks of series of lost opportunities. a little bit down. feeling pessimistic about setting new goals.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gnykelly(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
lartty:
My problem is that, it is hard for a muslim to get a psychologist or counsellor that won't introduce him/her to a pastor. i wish i can get someone i could trust.

you're beautiful.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
gnykelly:

you're beautiful.
Thanks
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by tbaba1234: 12:57am On Apr 04, 2017
lartty:

You can call this mental health helpline to speak to someone:

+234 8174913329

You can also visit:

Shewriteswoman.org

It is run by a Muslim sister.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gnykelly(m): 2:47am On Apr 04, 2017
lartty:
Thanks
would you mind if I chat you up. WhatsApp. wink
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2017
gnykelly:

would you mind if I chat you up. WhatsApp. wink
Not active on whatsapp.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

You can call this mental health helpline to speak to someone:
+234 8174913329
You can also visit:
Shewriteswoman.org
It is run by a Muslim sister.
Thanks for this.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gnykelly(m): 10:35am On Apr 04, 2017
lartty:
Not active on whatsapp.
any other means of communication. or phone number.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by tbaba1234: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2017

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by teebee22(f): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2017
I really need someone to talk to. I am at a point when I feel like running away from people to a place where I can be alone. so down and sad

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Sissie(f): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
lartty:

onegig:

Just read this thanks for the mention onegig. Will send her a PM

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
I
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Viking007(m): 1:11am On Apr 14, 2017
gnykelly:
two weeks of series of lost opportunities. a little bit down. feeling pessimistic about setting new goals.
U will be fine. Don't give up yet.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gnykelly(m): 5:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Viking007:
U will be fine. Don't give up yet.

thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmaesty(f): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
teebee22:
I really need someone to talk to. I am at a point when I feel like running away from people to a place where I can be alone. so down and sad
Hi dear, hope you are okay now. If the depression is about a job, I assure you that you would soon get one.

Keep up the faith

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by teebee22(f): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Emmaesty:
Hi dear, hope you are okay now. If the depression is about a job, I assure you that you would soon get one.

Keep up the faith
thanks. not just that though. once again thanks.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gbolahanoluyemi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Married to an Adulterer?
How can the law help you?
Gallery image
Gallery image
The law provides remedies for victims of extra marital affairs
In recent times, allegations of adultery by public personalities have occupied the social media. This no doubt changed the fact that many married persons are married to adulterous spouses. While some are aware of this fact, many are ignorant of the situation. This publication considers adultery under the Matrimonial Causes Act, how it is proved and the remedy available to a spouse who has been a victim of adultery.

The Court of Appeal in IBEABUCHI v. IBEABUCHI reported as (2016) LPELR-41268(CA) defined Adultery as consensual intercourse between two persons of opposite sexes, at least one of whom is married to a person other than the one with whom the intercourse is had, and since the celebration of the marriage.

Establishing adultery in a court of law is not as easy as it is in the cultural system. In law seeing your spouse hanging out with an opposite sex on a date with nothing more may not amount to sufficient proof of adultery. To successfully establish adultery, there must be sexual intercourse and the sexual intercourse must be voluntary and at least one of the parties must be married. Rape does not amount to adultery.

Adultery is one of the grounds permitted by law for the dissolution of marriages provided the adultery has not been condoned by the spouse. Adultery is difficult to be proved, judging by the fact that adulterers usually exercise extreme secrecy during the act. The law however allows it to be proved by inference from circumstances where it cannot be proved by direct evidence.

Proving adultery is not as easy as alleging adultery, the co-adulterer must be joined in the petition, under Islamic law, an allegation of adultery leveled against a woman must be proved by the testimonies of four unimpeachable Muslims who must have seen the adulterous act. However, in the secular court which applies the Matrimonial Causes Act, direct evidence which is very rare can be given, adultery can also be proved by circumstantial evidence that could be in various forms e.g. If the victim can prove that the spouse had contacted a sexually transmitted disease from a third party during the marriage, this will give rise to a presumption of adultery; If the victim proves that the spouse visits a brothel with an opposite sex, it will be presumed that such a spouse has committed adultery; confessions of spouse; birth of a child outside wedlock etc.

The law is that, a party to a marriage whether husband or wife may, in a petition for a decree of dissolution of the marriage alleging that the other party to the marriage has committed adultery with a person claim damages from that person who has committed adultery with his/her spouse. You can sue your husband's girlfriend and get damages, likewise husbands can get damages from their wives' boyfriends.

The purpose of the damages for adultery are not to compensate for the loss which the victim has suffered, even though the Court may consider matters such as damage done to the victim by the blow to his/her honour, the hurt to his/her family life and injury to his/her feelings, the court may give directives with regards the manner in which the damages awarded shall be paid or applied and may, if the circumstances warrant, direct that the damages be settled for the benefit of the victim or the children of the marriage.

It must be noted that, the Court will not grant damages in respect of an act of adultery committed more than three years before the date of the petition. To learn more or ask questions about marriages, divorce and the law, please send us an email via lawcandles@gmail.com or olivesandcandles@yahoo.com

Engaging in adultery cost us religious benefits and can also make us pay huge sums in damages. So when next you receive a proposal from a married person, think twice or better still, confide in a lawyer.

extracted from https://www.smore.com/scgxr
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mixter(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
It nice been here. Never knew this section is fun filled. Great minds and thoughts .Hope to contribute my own quota to the development of this section.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by charitydonation: 10:53pm On May 03, 2017
LLLLLLLLLL
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Opistorincos(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2017
I have been depressed for the past 2 months now, i was scammed while trying to get an iphone 6 from a fellow student and the school is delaying with the money retrieval, I am not here to beg for money cos i have some I can use to get a new midrange phone of 26k, all i need is connection to people who can buy the personal effects that I have :
750GB Hard Drive - 15k

Glo Modem - 4k

Smile mifi - 8k
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by rali123(f): 7:47pm On May 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 10, 2017
This life can like to depress somebody
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ToyinDipo(m): 11:39pm On May 10, 2017
1bkaye:
This life can like to depress somebody
You can talk to me about it sad
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 10, 2017
ToyinDipo:

You can talk to me about it sad
Haha nothing big, life can be sh1t sometimes, it happens. Thank you cheesy
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ToyinDipo(m): 12:01am On May 11, 2017
1bkaye:

Haha nothing big, life can be sh1t sometimes, it happens. Thank you cheesy
I have started again? lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbEOofifXY
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 11, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I have started again? lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbEOofifXY
Lool, thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.