Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed (2212 Views)

"Buhari’s Recovery Is A Miracle" - Dave Umahi, Ebonyi Governor / PDP Will Collapse If I Defect To APC – Ebonyi Governor, Umahi / Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Routes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by cathodekazim: 7:23pm On May 03, 2016
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi
State has said his government, in
consultation with local
communities will arrange grazing
routes and make same known to
herdsmen to help reduce incidents
of destruction of farmlands.
According to him, the routes will
be in such a way that the
herdsmen will feed their cattle in
areas where there are no
farmlands.
Mr. Umahi backed calls for the
disarming of Fulani herdsmen by
the police and other security
agencies.
He stated this at the end of an
enlarged State Security Council
meeting in Abakaliki on Tuesday.
The governor, who reaffirmed his
administration’s resolve to ensure
harmonious relationship between
Fulani herdsmen and host
communities, charged the police
to periodically search the
herdsmen and recover illegal arms
in their possession.
He charged traditional rulers to
hold extensive meetings with their
communities and warn them
against taking laws into their
hands as the state government
would not hesitate to bring the full
weight of the law to bear on
anybody who attacks herdsmen in
the state.
The governor also condemned the
attacks on Uzo Uwani community
in Enugu state by suspected
Fulani herdsmen, but debunked
rumours of impending attacks in
the state.
He said a special security
committee would be set up at the
state, local government and
community level to help mediate
in security issues in the state.
The committee will have the Attorney General,
the Special Adviser on Internal Security and
Commissioner for Border Peace and Conflict
Resolutions and others as members.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202840-ebonyi-governor-offers-cattle-grazing-routes-wants-herdsmen-disarmed.html

Cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:24pm On May 03, 2016
“He charged traditional rulers to
hold extensive meetings with their
communities and warn them
against taking laws into their
hands as the state government
would not hesitate to bring the full
weight of the law to bear on
anybody who attacks herdsmen in
the state”.

May God help him not to declare 30days fasting & praying if this blood sucking demons unleash mayhem on Ebonyians because na dia tonda go fayaram finish

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:29pm On May 03, 2016
It's hightime that People of Ebonyi march to the state house and evict and sack the governor, before he sells your state, because of his cowardice and greed. Just imagine, he wants to give out your land to killers and rapists, in the masquerade of peace. Instead of him, to arm the vigilante forces and get them to start surveillance on the herdsmen, he wants to sell U. Silly governor.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Mortiple(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2016
Baastarrd of a governor! Son of a coward like you!!

Mr Guvnor, did you borther to consult other governors that your state share common border with or would Fulani terrorists fly to Ebonyi State?

Let the grazing zone start and end in the North East and North West. We don't need it in the south. To eat cow meat no be by force now.

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 03, 2016
This is another idiot governor the SE has. Why must herdsmen graze on people,s ancestral lands without permission from the owners?

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Mortiple(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
It's hightime that People of Enugu march to the state house and evict and sack the governor, before he sells our state, because of his cowardice and greed. Just imagine, he wants to give out our land to killers and rapists, in the masquerade of peace. Instead of him, to arm the vigilante forces and get them to start surveillance on the herdsmen, he wants to sell us. Silly governor.
Ebonyi NOT Enugu Governor.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:38pm On May 03, 2016
Mortiple:
Ebonyi NOT Enugu Governor.
Sorry, I thought it was that my useless thieffie, thieffie, govenor. I am twisting my neck at a DSTV live centre to catch the big match.
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Balkan(m): 7:39pm On May 03, 2016
He must be joking! Ebonyi people should make sure it's the governors farm land that he is giving out for grazing.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by otokx(m): 7:40pm On May 03, 2016
There must always be a Judas Iscariot.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Firefire(m): 7:48pm On May 03, 2016
Omo ale. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Stuntkid172(m): 7:55pm On May 03, 2016
awontbilivit ... Fulani no go hear
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by oduastates: 11:55pm On May 03, 2016

Someone should give them feel route map to Ebonyi.
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by EasternLion: 12:43am On May 04, 2016
Spits on Umahi.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Sweetguy25: 1:07am On May 04, 2016
Ebonyi state is the only south east state that should have never been created.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by OkutaNla: 1:12am On May 04, 2016
Chai! This guy fall my hand mehn. He's actually offering them free land to graze shocked shocked Ebonyi people e haf suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by MirabelArode(f): 5:09am On May 04, 2016
Dave Umahi won't know what hit him. Ok IPOB has taken note. We will now do a research on his genealogy to find out how he got his gworo-teeth. Hope he won't he won't start running helter skelter to deny he ever made such statememt.
MASSOB, Bakkasi, BYNL are also taking note of his covert Islamization agenda of Ebonyi. He will make a good scape goat. grin

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Pavore9: 5:20am On May 04, 2016
Really laughable.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by modath(f): 5:48am On May 04, 2016
Pavore9:
Really laughable.

If you really want to laugh, check the comment sections of ; smiley

this and this.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Pavore9: 6:02am On May 04, 2016
modath:

If you really want to laugh, check the comment sections of ; smiley

this and this.

Gone through the links and really laughable!

"GOVERNOR David Umahi of Ebonyi State yesterday explained that there was no cogent reason for Ebonyi people to demand the immediate withdrawal of Fulani herdsmen from communities in the state, considering the harmonious relationship existing between Ebonyi people and the herdsmen. The governor, who stated this during an enlarged security council meeting at the International Conference Centre, Abakaliki noted that grazing routes would be created in communities to enable the Fulani herdsmen carry out their duties without rancour and disaffection.....He also directed that nobody in the state should collect money from cattle herdsmen as anybody caught in such act will be prosecuted".

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/dont-want-fulani-herdsmen-leave-land-umahi/

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Naija9090: 6:10am On May 04, 2016
His comment doesn't shock me at all. I have been warning Igbos that Ebonyi state is a semi Northern state by the amount of Hausa-fulani and Igbo muslim converts in that state. The governor is under the payroll of Arab and Northern leaders!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by mrvitalis(m): 6:11am On May 04, 2016
The impeachment procedures should be I commenced
This guy have failed the people

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Babacele: 6:12am On May 04, 2016
the governor is a wiseman . a well thought plan to promote peace unlike some 'gra-gra' I see around here , cos if u drive away Fulanis ,none of us ll stay in their towns to do business too....shebi una no dey think...if una like make una go plan attack on Ebonyi with Ali Shekau n pin on Fulani ,God go expose una..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Naija9090: 6:40am On May 04, 2016
Babacele post=45293054[s:
]the governor is a wiseman . a well thought plan to promote peace unlike some 'gra-gra' I see around here , cos if u drive away Fulanis ,none of us ll stay in their towns to do business too....shebi una no dey think...if una like make una go plan attack on Ebonyi with Ali Shekau n pin on Fulani ,God go expose una.[/s].

Y0ruba...most likely a yoruba muslim. SMH
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by afroniger: 6:45am On May 04, 2016
sad Feeling very sorry for Ebonyi people right now.
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by modath(f): 6:47am On May 04, 2016
Pavore9:

Gone through the links and really laughable!

i/

You misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about the governor, it's the comments i was referring to.... All the threats and counter threats.. smiley

If some could lay their hands on him.....
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Sydney22: 7:00am On May 04, 2016
Stupid governor
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Pavore9: 7:03am On May 04, 2016
modath:

You misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about the governor, it's the comments i was referring to.... All the threats and counter threats.. smiley

If some could lay their hands on him.....

Yeah, read the insults being heaped on him. If at the end of the day, the State get to provide them with grazing reserves they should build biogas production centres around them so as to produce biogas and have it filled in cylinders and the slurry generated from the process serve as organic fertilizer for the farmers.
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Nobody: 7:07am On May 04, 2016
i think d governor is being wise and smart. Many of us have been so carried away with emotion and sentiment to d extent that we fail to reason.

Herdsmen are Nigerians. They have d right to live anywhere and do business anywhere in Nigeria legally with law and order.

Driving them away can lead to tribal tension and retaliation. Even d cows they rear we eat it too.

I think we should leave emotion aside, and look 4 a smart solution that will be a win win solution.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by Babacele: 7:45am On May 04, 2016
Naija9090:

Y0ruba...most likely a yoruba muslim. SMH
you are wrong I'm Fulani from Ilorin. nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by omenka(m): 7:59am On May 04, 2016
For daring to prudent with his thoughts, he'd be ostracised by his own brothers- they'd call him a slave.

Anyone who challenges their popular narative is an Osu that must be a man servant to the "gambaris". I won't be surprised if they discovered his great grand parents were Fulanis from fuja jalon tomorrow.

#HateKills.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by udumosam23(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2016
Gud one, just get them licence and make them pay mild taxes, let them also have an organization which the leader will be answerable to the government of ebonyi state. There should also be a law limiting them only to these grazing areas and any one who violates that should be punished or made to leave.

Ebonyi can use that to generate more income for the state.
Re: Ebonyi Governor Offers Cattle Grazing Route, Wants Herdsmen Disarmed by 1Tkester: 8:07am On May 04, 2016
omenka:
For daring to make sense, he'd be ostracised by his own brothers- they'd call him a slave.

What sense did he make. Or maybe you don't know what sense means.

I just help you a little, even the fulanis in that state wouldn't even like what he did, because he has just restricted their movements. If he gives them a grazing route which I think is even fair, they they have been excluded from moving about wantonly. And by he way the governor still has to go through the state assembly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Evil Agenda Fully Exposed!!! / See What EFCC Did With Recovered Loots So Far(OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY EFCC) / FG Recruits Locals As Civilian JTF, Ex-militants As Partner In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.