Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? (78265 Views)

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Become A Globally Relevant B.sc And M.sc Certificate Holder With Acca Qualificat / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
Who wan recruit you?
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by kernniejay(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tenifayo23:

My sincere advice to you or your friend, tell him to hold on and finish his education first before thinking of joining the military.
Age may not be on his side by the time he finishes his education, you know how this things work.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by rhames(m): 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:
My very good friend wants to join the Nigerian Army next year, by then he must have completed his National Diploma programme. I know he won't be taken as a recruit, but what rank would he occupy(if any), and what advantage would he get over an SSCE holder?

Finish your Higher National Diploma and apply for the DRC ( not Democratic Republic of Congo) as we referred to it while an applicant there. Direct Regular Course will guarantee you three years and six months as your officer training will be accelerated compared to regular applicants.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Owen247: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
I would like to ask, how can one join as a corps engineer in the navy or airforce,and which rank is applicable to a B.ENG holder?
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nova1988:
ah shit!

here we go again!

a post made is 2016 just made fp 5 years later, never give up in this bleeped up life.
all this mods nawa...
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by nickyj19: 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
grin
RIP in advance for those who wan apply

noting sweet pass make you get hand work

wtf man

2 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by cherryCola: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
AlphaStyles:
You go still start with private but your position will be more higher than that of your fellow regulars

You are talking rubbish lipsrsealed .
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by elmas(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
rhames:

Finish your Higher National Diploma and apply for the DRC ( not Democratic Republic of Congo) as we referred to it while an applicant there. Direct Regular Course will guarantee you three years and six months as your officer training will be accelerated compared to regular applicants.

Can u explain further sir?

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by perdollar(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Constable
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by AlphaStyles(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
cherryCola:

You are talking rubbish lipsrsealed .
rubbish dey know em fellow rubbish
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by AlphaStyles(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Owen247:
I would like to ask, how can one join as a corps engineer in the navy or airforce,and which rank is applicable to a B.ENG holder?
short service
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by osuofia2(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:
My very good friend wants to join the Nigerian Army next year, by then he must have completed his National Diploma programme. I know he won't be taken as a recruit, but what rank would he occupy(if any), and what advantage would he get over an SSCE holder?
Corporal. Two rope . The rank before Sargent
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by richeeyo(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
harryhenry02:
for Nigerian Army. you start with private just like those that applied with SSCE.

but under Nigerian Navy, you will be given Seaman if you grasuated with a Lower Credit, but if you have upper credit, you will be promoted to Able Seaman

I think Air Force follow the Footsteps of the Nigerian Navy too
Bro
Please NCE for police
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by YellowMayor(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:

Ordinary recruit
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by bastien: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
With OND definitely seaman! But your salary will be higher from your coursemate
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by heykims(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Corporal. And he will enter as a recruit, non-commissioned officer.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by YellowMayor(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
But @op, are you asking for a friend or you're asking for yourself
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Dskillful(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
If you like have Msc if u don't go to NDA as a cadet and passout as a 2nd Lt, you will passout as a Pte Soldier if you go to DEPOT irrespective of your academic qualifications.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by skywalker240(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nova1988:
ah shit!

here we go again!

a post made is 2016 just made fp 5 years later, never give up in this bleeped up life.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by showafrica(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:

May be Bokoharam frontline warrior...
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Ucheboss: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
If you want to join either the Navy, Army or Airforce, their are two cadres. One is the "other rank" cadre which is popularly known as the recruit. The other is the higher cadre, better known as the officer's cadre, meant for professional graduates only. Both graduates & ssce holders can apply for the recruit cadre. If a graduate apply for the lower cadre, in the army he/she is given no advantage; airforce little advantage depending on how relevant the course you studied in the university is to the airforce. Most times you may be promoted to the rank of Corporal upon joining the airforce, which ordinarily would have taken you ten years to attain. Same with the Navy. But as a graduate, I'll advice you to apply for the officer's cadre. However, what you studied must be relevant to the arm of the military you want to join. Although they always specify the skills needed in their various application forms
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by heykims(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Dskillful:
If you like have Msc if u don't go to NDA as a cadet and passout as a 2nd Lt, you will passout as a Pte Soldier if you go to DEPOT irrespective of your academic qualifications.
A huge lie.
As a matter of fact, a graduate who enters the system via short course is senior to a fresh NDA graduate.
The huge advantage of NDA graduates is that they enter the system at a very young age and attain the highest rank possible before retirement. Therefore, majority of the senior most officers are NDA graduates.

2 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by mamaafrik(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
If Southerners claim that Hausa-Fulanis don't get education and the Airforce and Navy only takes People with 2.1 and first class,then how come the Southerners still claim that we have more Hausa-Fulanis than any other tribe in the two spheres of the military
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Szilard: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
rhames:

I might be wrong though, I used to think they only accept Bsc for commissioning
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by BelovedofLord: 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
You'll enroll for the DIRECT SHORT SERVICE (DSS) course, which will enable you to be commissed as an officer at the completion of the course! Not that there's a ceiling to the rank you can attain, please!
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Owen247: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
AlphaStyles:
short service
like?pls elaborate, i dont understand yet.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by omolasho: 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
if lucky to be recruited, you with your Distinction ND ... you be a Private soldier, i.e no rank. Am an insider

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by officialwdhtv: 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Competence5050:
all this mods nawa...

I shock...lol...post from 2016 o...hit front page in 2022...
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by troublemakea(m): 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tenifayo23:

My sincere advice to you or your friend, tell him to hold on and finish his education first before thinking of joining the military.

He'll be wasting his time if he don't know anyone from the rank of a Colonel personally
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by troublemakea(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
Teju07:
Please if I apply for Navy with a BSc/HND result, that's if I apply as a graduate will I be a......

Recruit or non Recruit?

Nd I hope I will be a commissioned officer?

Pls I need a reply?

Yes a commissioned officer but if you no get connect from the rank of a commander or Naval Captain, dead that dream comrade
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by troublemakea(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mercilessmessi:
Pls, what rank can I attain if I join the Nigerian Navy with a second class upper in Bachelor of Agric in d university.

Lmao I doubt ur qualification is needed in the Navy but with God's help together with a strong connection you might get to become a sub-lieutenant
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by troublemakea(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
nextBIGthing:
Chief of Army staff if you get long leg and army cabals

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.