Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu (5011 Views)

Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night / Light Goes Off As Fashola Climbs Podium To Give Speech At Eko Hotel (Photos) / Buhari Meets With Tinubu & Sikiru Adetona In London Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by IkennaNweke(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2016
Sequel to the continuous fall in power supply in the last few months, which has adversely affected Nigerians, despite the 45 percent hike in electricity tariffs, the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has subtly expressed disappointment in the Minster of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola.

It could be recalled that under Fashola’s tenure as Minister, the nation made history on March 31st by generating zero megawatt of electricity, leaving Nigerians in total blackout.

In an Editorial Piece by The Nation Newspaper, the mouth-piece of the National Leader of the APC, he tagged excuses by functionaries of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration as unacceptable.

Tinubu, while expressing his displeasure through the editorial content of the newspaper titled “Power Challenges” and published on Tuesday, May 3, he maintained that, “excuses by functionaries of the Buhari administration for failure to light up homes and supply energy to the industries are unacceptable.”

“The government should realise that Nigerians did not elect them to churn out excuses.

“Complaints and reasons for non-performance are the easiest things to do. President Muhammadu Buhari was elected to replace the inept President Goodluck Jonathan administration, because the All Progressives Congress (APC) provided an alternative plan to make the country work.

“One of the areas of the campaign that caught the attention of the electorate, was the promise to ensure that power, which is central to tackling poverty and improving the quality of life, is tackled within the first year.

“No sooner was the administration inaugurated, than it claimed that power had become more stable, even when it was obvious that no fresh thinking had gone into generation, transmission and distribution systems.”

“We warned then that the victory being touted could only be sustained if new policies were put in place and known hurdles removed. The recent collapse vindicates that position.

“The excuse that vandals are disrupting supply of gas to the power plants is untenable.

“It is as annoying as the contention that fuel is not available for domestic consumption as a result of diversion to neighboring countries.

“It is the duty of government to secure vital installations nationwide with minimal disruptions to activities.

“A lot could be done with generation of power from coal, wind, solar and bio-fuels, but it requires hard work.”

Fashola, had in a statement last week said that the non availability of gas to power turbines aside vandalization of pipelines, was responsible for the current blackout being experienced across the country.

According to him, only 50 out of the 140 power generating turbines in the country are presently working.

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, while inspecting damaged export pipelines at Forcados terminal in Warri, Delta state, had also said that the nation lost 99.6 percent of its total electricity generation capacity to vandalism.

Related: How Barrister Fashola has succeeded in destroying the Power Sector

Recall, that Fashola had in 2014 accused former President, Goodluck Jonathan, of doing nothing to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians, especially in the area of electricity generation and distribution, adding that a serious government will fix power within 6 months.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/panic-as-fashola-lands-in-fresh-trouble-with-tinubu/

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by Siberia101: 7:36am On May 05, 2016
We are All Disappointed

9 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by tafabaloo(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2016
Ok.....coming bak to comment.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by drtwist(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2016
Who the both of them help? I think Fashola problem is Buhari because the guy perform very well as a governor
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by SeverusSnape(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2016
Fashola is just an incompetent buffoon. He was in Lagos then, And was yapping and saying rubbish, Now he's at the federal level, His incompetency is now glaring and crystal clear.

Governance, which was prior to this time 'not rocket science', Is now rocket science to the "change" chanting Charlatans (CCC).

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by OlujobaSamuel: 7:39am On May 05, 2016
you mean an editorial content is now the opinion of the alleged owner? some people sef?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by Nobody: 7:44am On May 05, 2016
Na d same people.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 7:44am On May 05, 2016
Who's inept and clueless now Everything is now rocket science to this incompetent govt.

Tinubu should tell us he needs a wailers form and stop hiding behind his silly statements/ editorial pieces.

12 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by eyeview: 7:46am On May 05, 2016
IkennaNweke:

“No sooner was the administration inaugurated, than it claimed that power had become more stable, even when it was obvious that no fresh thinking had gone into generation, transmission and distribution systems.”

Am happy that they are now confessing that the initial stability experienced at the inception of this administration had nothing to do with them. But I thought they said it was buhari's body language that brought the power stability since they had no fresh input to it then.
The truths are surely finding them out

12 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2016
drtwist:
Who the both of them help? I think Fashola problem is Buhari because the guy perform very well as a governor
to curse(chop ban) just they hungry me undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by nrexzy: 7:47am On May 05, 2016
Tinubu?? The name doesn't ring a bell
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by nrexzy: 7:48am On May 05, 2016
Tinubu?? The name doesn't ring a bell grin
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by crazygod(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2016
drtwist:
My guy, the fact is that the guy is over-rated and its beginning to show. There were other governors that did well too but they didnt make any noise about it. Now with a smaller assignment, his incompetency has began to show

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by Nobody: 7:49am On May 05, 2016
I am with Tinubu on this, he has voiced his opinions about the petroleum minister attitude (he was indirectly talking to PMB) and now focus' his attention on Fashola. This is good for our democracy considering the fact that he's a APC leader.
Lai muhammed should be the next minister to receive his own tackle.

Meanwhile, check my signature>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by favouredseed(f): 7:58am On May 05, 2016
APC =Diappontment. And Fashola is a bigger disappointment. I cant believe is the same man during the last admisnistration ,was talking about electricity and rocket science and also saying any serious government will fix electricity problem within 6months. SMH
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 8:01am On May 05, 2016
crazygod:

My guy, the fact is that the guy is over-rated and its beginning to show. There were other governors that did well too but they didnt make any noise about it. Now with a smaller assignment, his incompetency has began to show

Fasholas' ministerial appointment will either make or mar his future political ambition if he has any. How can a lawyer be in charge of power sector and be successful at it The best minister we've had in that sector is Barth Nnaji cos he's a professional.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:04am On May 05, 2016
At the end of the four years tenure of the APC, fashola's story will be a good example for other ambitious politicians, who believe in running their mouth. Next time, politicians will evaluate the weight of their intended statements before releasing them to the public.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by Leebeedo(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
you mean an editorial content is now the opinion of the alleged owner? some people sef?

Didn't you see some sentences in quote?
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by iSlayer: 8:10am On May 05, 2016
coming back.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by OlujobaSamuel: 8:15am On May 05, 2016
Leebeedo:

Didn't you see some sentences in quote? Abi you blind?
I know you are not blind.
check the meaning of subtle and mouth piece, that will help your understanding. I understand your plight, English is not ours, so it's sometimes difficult.
modified
to prove your case kindly show us the link on THE NATION website that shows the article with him as the author. FYI, most article authored by him is always in 3national dailies, Nation, Punch and Vanguard.
NB
This is no brief for the minister that talks anyhow, but telling you this report is false.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by booblacain(m): 8:18am On May 05, 2016
IkennaNweke:

Chai. Nigerians, these guys made mashed potato stew with your brains.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by three: 8:29am On May 05, 2016
4th Mainland Bridge

Fashola promised to deliver the 4th mainland bridge before the end of his tenure stating that it was an electoral promise to constituents. Nobody begged him to promise and 8 years later no Bridge.

https://www.nairaland.com/294287/proposed-4th-mainland-bridge-lagosa/1

Lekki-Epe Expressway Concession

Fashola authorised the cancellation of this concession. There is still 18km of road to do. Lagos state 'bought out' the concessionaires and still owes the African Development Bank

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/143629-lagos-terminates-concession-agreement-on-lekki-epe-expressway.html

Lagos State IGR

2014 figures show Lagos as having generated more IGR than 31 states. Considering that a number of infrastructure projects are funded by the World Bank does the reality on ground reflect this fact?

http://eoebevy.com/index.php?topic=2409.0#sthash.8AGOicb4.90xfmCzh.dpbs

Unescessary Lies

That a Minister of the Federal Republic feels obligated to lie with elan is most worrying

https://www.nairaland.com/3060480/debunking-fasholais-unnecessary-lies-re

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:34am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
my dear did you see the places with the quotation marks? When there are quotes in an editorial it means they are the exact words of the person the editorial is writing about. You can go and study mass communication to understand better.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:40am On May 05, 2016
Even the core zombies are now wailing. I know some gullible nl zombies would still come for defence. But the truth is that every right thinking nigerian knows this administration has performed more than below expectation so far, going by how strong their campaign promises was.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by allthingsgood: 8:41am On May 05, 2016
Mr ikennaiweke, mr OP, stop with your LIES!

Your entire post is crafted to look as if tinubu said all this, but obviously this is a big lie! Stop looking to drive a wedge where there is none. You guys have been itching to make these two enemies even from the time of fashola as governor. All na LIES!

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by junketer(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2016
Can somebody give that tinubu a wailers form or must we wait for him to wail directly to buhari before we give him the form? Where our secretary dey sef?
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by OlujobaSamuel: 8:55am On May 05, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
my dear did you see the places with the quotation marks? When there are quotes in an editorial it means they are the exact words of the person the editorial is writing about. You can go and study mass communication to understand better.
it was already stated that the Media is his mouth piece meaning the opinion of the media house is his, hence, the quotations will make reference to him.
See my preceding comment on it.
The op knows he is not the author that's why he can't post the link from The Nation's website.
I have read few of his articles, I can say this is not from him. He doesn't not address you indirectly whenever it involves writing. Check his writeup to obj, noi, kach, etc.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by ckmayoca: 8:56am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

to curse(chop ban) just they hungry me undecided

Abeg curse na make u go vacation
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by juman(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Fasholas' ministerial appointment will either make or mar his future political ambition if he has any. How can a lawyer be in charge of power sector and be successful at it The best minister we've had in that sector is Barth Nnaji cos he's a professional.

The guy can do any job. He will do it well.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by Kog45(m): 9:07am On May 05, 2016
TheFreeOne:

I always laugh when govt keep on promising Nigerians stable electricity supply.I worked in electricity company for over 10years as a university graduate,pls don't be deceived getting electricity require megawatts and d question we should ask ourselves do we have enough megawatts to give us stable electricity but d answer is NO.So why are we expecting stable electricity and the funniest of it all,govt keep on deceiving Nigerians.If u like have Fashola or Nnaji,the bitter truth is that electricity can only be stable with enough megawatts.The most painful part of it was that govt keep on deceiving Nigerian who knows nothing about electricity.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 9:10am On May 05, 2016
juman:

The guy can do any job. He will do it well.

Like a rocket science job ba Nigerians can testify by the available high rate of darkness and billings by DISCOs.

Anyway, i wish him success.
Re: Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu by abumeinben(m): 9:13am On May 05, 2016
Memory Verse..
*Any government should be able to fix power problem in 4yrs...GEJ
*Any sensible/responsible govt should be able to fix power problems in 4 months.... Fashola

Message.

I'm not surprised anymore to see a graduate of banking and finance tagged with the name "engineer" in our firms when at the top level, a SAN can occupy the office of a professional and practitioner of electrical engineering!

It reminds me of my school, Uniben, when one of our highly esteemed lecturer of electrical engineering... Dr. Anyaeji told us that the person in charge of the school power generation system was a professor of botany! shocked

I mean, bck then, the school would have electrical problems and the authorities would summon NEPA angry , whereas wh had the likes of Prof. Sunny, who was and is still a consultant to sapele power generating plant. Same prof, a former vice president of NSE Benin, heard introduced the terms GENCO, TRANSCO and DISCO (not sure how true though).

Now this is the problem.

When I was in hundred level, we had 2x 1MVA generators that powered the whole school with ease. Then demand went high and this prof of botany went to get 2 extra. That makes 4MVA. These four gensets could not power the whole school with one or the other shutting down! Why? Because the botany guy went to buy a 50hz generator and expected it to function alongside a 60hz gen. Who doesn't know we use 60hz AC in this country...the American standard, and 240Vac...the British standard?

The grace..
Any key positions require the right resources to deliver! Key.
If you don't know the problem in-depth, don't mock... Lesson for GEJ and Fashola.

"Learning on the job" isn't healthy for key positions.

wait..

Up NEPA \cheesy/!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Osibanjo Uses Power Bank Even In Aso Rock / Why Can't Lagos Be Like Tokyo? / Mr Goodluck Jonathan - Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.