Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live (17719 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Rotimi Amaechi And Femi Fani-Kayode On Channels TV As They Slog It Out (Video) / Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Subway1011: 9:23am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

noticed grin

Mschew, you will regret wasting your life trolling on nairaland by the time you start opening gate for your mates.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by mrvitalis(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:
In a follow up interview with Dr Idika Kalu, he is advancing very cogent arguments on the overall economic strategy of this govt.

He says :

* We had in place beautiful plans to build railways linking Calabar to Lagos. Lagos to Abuja and Kaduna, and linking up to Gombe which would have opened up the core agricultural areas where boko haram is festering now, but these were never implemented by succeeding govts.

* We started the steel manufacture journey with Korea in the 70's. Today Korea has huge steel plants feeding massive Hyunadi and Samsung shipbuilding yards, and we are still talking Ajaokuta. Ajaokuta has failed and is moribund. It should be shut for good rather allowing it to continue to guzzle money, and a huge sign hung there stating how not to implement steel projects.

* It is not about reflating the economy, but re-structuring the economy.

* You do not need to micro plan and micro manage the way they are doing

* You cannot be diversifying if your exchange rate is out of the window

* You cannot maintain such wide disparity between official and black market exchange rate

* It is not about devaluation. You have already gone way below or beyond devaluation.

* What does "gone way below the true rate" Ans: Our fixation on the exchange rate control is causing panic demand which is driving the current artificial parallel market rate. There are techniques and ways to estimate the fair value, adopt it and and significantly fund it and gap will narrow and even disappear when the economy revs up. Newspapers will go to town that you have devalued, so what?
This man should have been the minister of finance

Well 2019 if u contest for imo state governorship u have my vote
PDP give this man ur ticket if u want to win

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maestroferddi: 9:26am On May 05, 2016
Subway1011:

The forum is now a joke, too many homeless children roaming the forum like a headless chicken, the troll called TANTUMERGO007 have no single shame, always on nairaland posting childish jargons while his fellow brainless kid applaud him. Pathetic
How is it anybody's fault that you are incapable of critical thinking?

If there anything the administrators of the forum should do, it is to find an ingenious way of filtering out/sieving off views of sub-par IQ people...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2016
Subway1011:

Mschew, you will regret wasting your life trolling on nairaland by the time you start opening gate for your mates.
lol, in your dreams sire grin

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:29am On May 05, 2016
maestroferddi:
How is it anybody's fault that you are incapable of critical thinking?

If there anything the administrators of the forum should do, it is to find an ingenious way of filtering out/sieving off views of sub-par IQ people...
lol, see painment grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by 989900: 9:30am On May 05, 2016
* What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

She got everything right except the above -- she should know, and she should be able and willing to divulge such info -- it should be public info unlike the recovered monies which have legal issues.

Score: 9/10.

P.S. Action speaks louder than words, let's wait and see how she manages her first budget.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by fyneguy: 9:44am On May 05, 2016
Thank God I saw the interview on Youtube just now. I am really impressed!

The comments here are so misleading, especially the summary.

9 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:52am On May 05, 2016
Subway1011:
[s][/s]

Shut it there, Coming from a paid hack whose pathetic life depend on nairaland, who even take a nobody like you serious? You are just a typical noise maker whose only contribution here is to defend rogues and politicians that ruined your life, you have no conscience little man.
You have not contributed anything meaningful or intelligent to this thread, just making noise and throwing around unsavoury comments. Perhaps, your job is to increase traffic on this thread, by forcing out responses and quotes from commentators. If so, that's really sad.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:55am On May 05, 2016
fyneguy:

Even if, all she did was to fart for 15 minutes, you would still come online and say she was impressive. Let's face it, you don't have a choice. She was a complete failure in the interview. Noone likes a government official who's only aim is to be politically correct and evasive.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maestroferddi: 10:03am On May 05, 2016
Subway1011:
[s][/s]

Shut it there, Coming from a paid hack whose pathetic life depend on nairaland, who even take a nobody like you serious? You are just a typical noise maker whose only contribution here is to defend rogues and politicians that ruined your life, you have no conscience little man.
Good.

Next time you will be more circumspect when deciding on who to pick a fight with...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by CSTR2: 10:05am On May 05, 2016
Very passive woman. Probably, A symptom of shallow depth in knowledge.
Unlike Ngozi who was very confrontational, well versed in her numbers and seem to be in the control of things.
That is my intellectual analysis devoid of sentiments.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by fyneguy: 10:15am On May 05, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Even if, all she did was to fart for 15 minutes, you would still come online and say she was impressive. Let's face it, you don't have a choice. She was a complete failure in the interview. Noone likes a government official who's only aim is to be politically correct and evasive.

Ok just so that people don't think you just blabbed, kindly address the issues empirically, stating her responses that suggest the bolded above and what your expectations were.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Misterdhee1(m): 10:15am On May 05, 2016
hedonistic:
I watched it. She gave very pedestrian answers; no depth at all. Masking her cluelessness and vacuity with a fake accent is what she seems to do best.

A significant downgrade from Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Downgrade?? Stop being terrible sir, the same Ngozi that supervised the massive looting in the previous administration...Abeg park aside!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by DauraDullard0(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2016
ckmayoca:
Funniest part is mentioning Lai mohammed as member of economy team. Lai of all people.
I almost died of heart attack when I heard that... Little wonder the idiiot came up with his masquerade proposal. Diversification in progress.

APC... Change!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by fyneguy: 10:20am On May 05, 2016
CSTR2:
Very passive woman. Probably, A symptom of shallow depth in knowledge.
Unlike Ngozi who was very confrontational, well versed in her numbers and seem to be in the control of things.
That is my intellectual analysis devoid of sentiments.

lol versed in numbers and the economy went bonkers!

If you didn't get the imports of her explanations, it's either you have no idea how the economy works or you have communication issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by DauraDullard0(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
fyneguy:
lol versed in numbers and the economy went bonkers!

If you didn't get the imports of her explanations, it's either you have no idea how the economy works or you have communication issues.
The economy went bonkers under the supervision of Mrs Adeosun and Buhari's ghost Economic Team. Imagine Lai Mohammed being a member of an Economic Management Team. Isn't that a recipe for disaster? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Like Dr Kalu Idika said, Nigeria is an oddity and that sums it up.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by YoungExec: 10:38am On May 05, 2016
I give her credit for her explanations but I was not impressed. Her answers were too simplistic. The Man that spoke after her sounded much more like an economic manager than the minister herself.
All in all, action speaks louder than words.

Get to work madam. I genuinely hope your program succeeds.

14 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by GogetterMD(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2016
OP why are you trying to be mischievous by only quoting and twisting facts? And no, she wasn't upset

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by deyoungstar(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2016
thank God I have joined naira land
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maxzzo1(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:
Min of Finance, Kemi Adesoun Channels TV, blowing queens English

* Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current govt and are pointing fingers accusing previous govt of not saving.
Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

* Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

* How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

* What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

* We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU: We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

* They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

* How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.
* Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

* How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

* Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

* It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

* What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

How much has being recovered i kno no
How much in xx crude acct I kno no
No wonder 14+4=16

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by akudire: 10:41am On May 05, 2016
Opalu, what makes her inteligent when she can't answer a question under her own office always answering with logics, how can one ask you if your wife has kids and you answer when you get home? That's foolishness
opalu:
Highly intelligent and resourceful Minister. God bless you Ma

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maestroz: 10:41am On May 05, 2016
LadyExcellency:
There is certainly a mistake somewhere. Appointment of Finance minister should've transcended "man know man", "padi padi" settlement.

Maupe is telling her the amount in excess crude account? How then can the media quote an authority or authoritatively say what we have at the moment.

Planned Economy my foot when manufacturers and suppliers are running low on raw materials like sugar and other essentials, Unilever, PZ, P&G etc are shutting down some brands/lines because of non-availability of raw materials notwithstanding patronizing and supplementing production with local raw materials.

Madam Oby was 100% right.

what more would you expect from a 'mere commissioner'. she was certainly oblivious of her new role.
so Nigeria has no better personnel to MAN such sensitive position than this madam who goes about blowing "grammarian accent"?

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by banmee(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2016
opalu:
Highly intelligent and resourceful Minister. God bless you Ma

You realise she did not answer one single question.

10 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by DONSMITH123(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin 'fine face no BRAIN' minister cheesy

Buhari was a mistake cry

yet, you wen no bi mistake dey here dey rant on nairaland while the mistake man lived in Aso Rock and still answered "Mr President".

Oluwa, ejor borrow my guy small tintiri brain. Amin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by oluwasegun007(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2016
shr tried but like I said b4 d post is bigger than her CV...she would have done better as minister of state for finance. ...

she can't even give a forecast of how things would look like wen d so called budget is passed.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Wadasco(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2016
just watching
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by goodvision12(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin 'fine face no BRAIN' minister cheesy

Buhari was a mistake cry
I hear say the woman no know maths

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Eshinwaju: 10:47am On May 05, 2016
fyneguy:

Can we have the link...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maxzzo1(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:
Min of Finance, Kemi Adesoun Channels TV, blowing queens English

* Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current govt and are pointing fingers accusing previous govt of not saving.
Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

* Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

* How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

* We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU: We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

* They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

* How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.
* Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

* How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

* Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

* It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

* What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

Lai Moh'd follow for economic team no wonder !!!! Naija in trouble!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. / The Atiku Plan: 2019 Plan To Get Nigeria Working Again / Kidnapped Iyabo Anisulowo Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.