Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,032 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live (17735 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Rotimi Amaechi And Femi Fani-Kayode On Channels TV As They Slog It Out (Video) / Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Nturguy1122: 11:44am On May 05, 2016
Very straight forward answers without proper explanations of the answers....seems like somebody is scared of misyarning

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by segunpee: 11:45am On May 05, 2016
obailala:
Cure yourself of this your depression, it's not good for your overall health and wellbeing.

I feel u
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by tiwiex(m): 11:46am On May 05, 2016
jlinkd78:
It was once blamed on GEJ. It is now being blamed on budget non passage. Honestly d main problem of this govt will be more pronounced if things remains this way after d budget must have been signed and accented to.

The excuse will be the budget was passed late. watch na.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by bilulu(m): 11:49am On May 05, 2016
yeddy99:
[i][/i]
i think she is talking about travel estacodes.N19B paid to those who traveled by road and N64B paid to those who traveled by air.
u not ryt..... wat she said was 19b was spent on road construction
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by freeborn76(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2016
segunpee:

Lolz plsss You are obviously O'duan. In fact, there's nothing like dt in Yoruba. Be proud of where ur from joor. Smart Minister can!

What did you just say? I cannot make sense of your comment, no disrespect...
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Subway1o1: 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
maestroferddi:
I am not gonna correct your flagrant grammatical errors...

Changing tactics again, you are a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Subway1o1: 12:09pm On May 05, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

This is my only moniker. And thanks for the insults.

Story for the gods, lying is part of you. You will soon switch to another of your several monikers, jobless troll.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maestroferddi: 12:11pm On May 05, 2016
Subway1o1:

Changing tactics again, you are a disgrace.
So in your warped imagination you were thinking that you were reasonable/important enough to elicit my attention?

You better wake up from your grand delusions...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by LordVoldemort(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:

I just tried to summarise and capture as much as I can as she was speaking.

Your summary is out of this world, you just misconstrued everything she said even add your own to it.

This should be moved to the joke section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxDvOAwBEE
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Subway1o1: 12:14pm On May 05, 2016
maestroferddi:
So in warped imagination you were thinking that you were reasonable/important enough to elicit my attention?

You better wake up your grand delusions...

The noisemaking midget is still blabbing, I am laughing at your stupidity and you are not even worth my time. You are a laughing stock here so you can continue to fool yourself. Wake up your grand delusions indeed. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by BeardedMeat(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2016
fyneguy:
Thank God I saw the interview on Youtube just now. I am really impressed!

The comments here are so misleading, especially the summary.
Beyond the foreign accent and oratorial skills, she lacked dept in her analysis. Did you listen to guy after her on the same issues?

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by BeardedMeat(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2016
GogetterMD:
OP why are you trying to be mischievous by only quoting and twisting facts? And no, she wasn't upset
I won't use the word upset myself, I would rather say the question rattled her.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by CSTR2: 12:25pm On May 05, 2016
fyneguy:

lol versed in numbers and the economy went bonkers!

If you didn't get the imports of her explanations, it's either you have no idea how the economy works or you have communication issues.
You obviously have a problem.
There is a reason why people dislike politicians being political correct when addressing important matters , which was what your minister was dishing out to the people.
I understand what she was saying, the passivity and political correctness though was highly irritating, dubious and smacks of a true amateur.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by BeardedMeat(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2016
deyoungstar:
thank God I have joined naira land
You are welcome to the MADHOUSE dear newest inmate. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by BeardedMeat(m): 12:36pm On May 05, 2016
omobaekiti:
It is so disheartening to see or read this kinda things on a forum like NL,the OP is mischievous are you talking about the same interview I watched this morning?haba half of what you wrote there are not what she said you are a very big fat liar.
Everything the wrote except where he said she was upset are correct. Op did a good job quoting them all verbatim. She was rattled when asked who the members of the eco team are but OP felt she was upset cos of the way she cut in.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by grandstar(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:
In a follow up interview with Dr Idika Kalu, he is advancing very cogent arguments on the overall economic strategy of this govt.

He says :

* We had in place beautiful plans to build railways linking Calabar to Lagos. Lagos to Abuja and Kaduna, and linking up to Gombe which would have opened up the core agricultural areas where boko haram is festering now, but these were never implemented by succeeding govts.

* We started the steel manufacture journey with Korea in the 70's. Today Korea has huge steel plants feeding massive Hyunadi and Samsung shipbuilding yards, and we are still talking Ajaokuta. Ajaokuta has failed and is moribund. It should be shut for good rather allowing it to continue to guzzle money, and a huge sign hung there stating how not to implement steel projects.

* It is not about reflating the economy, but re-structuring the economy.

* You do not need to micro plan and micro manage the way they are doing

* You cannot be diversifying if your exchange rate is out of the window

* You cannot maintain such wide disparity between official and black market exchange rate

* It is not about devaluation. You have already gone way below or beyond devaluation.

* What does "gone way below the true rate" Ans: Our fixation on the exchange rate control is causing panic demand which is driving the current artificial parallel market rate. There are techniques and ways to estimate the fair value, adopt it and and significantly fund it and gap will narrow and even disappear when the economy revs up. Newspapers will go to town that yo1?u have devalued, so what?
1,0000000000 likes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by omobaekiti: 12:48pm On May 05, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Everything the wrote except where he said she was upset are correct. Op did a good job quoting them all verbatim. She was rattled when asked who the members of the eco team are but OP felt she was upset cos of the way she cut in.
I beg to differ,what the OP did was to pick and drop some of her words I have watched and re watch the interview unfortunately I have a slow network here would a uploaded the interview but please watch it and post here if you can.
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by segunpee: 12:51pm On May 05, 2016
freeborn76:

What did you just say? I cannot make sense of your comment, no disrespect...

I thought as much too. I knew you wouldn't be able to make sense of it considering d logic and dishonesty in ur initial post. #Sorry
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by freeborn76(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2016
segunpee:

I thought as much too. I knew you wouldn't be able to make sense of it considering d logic and dishonesty in ur initial post. #Sorry

You should learn grammatical coherence sir/ma (or both), what do you mean by 'Smart Minister can'? You muddled up your post and you expect me to understand? #nosorry
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Eshinwaju: 1:40pm On May 05, 2016
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by mapet: 1:44pm On May 05, 2016
omobaekiti:
It is so disheartening to see or read this kinda things on a forum like NL,the OP is mischievous are you talking about the same interview I watched this morning?haba half of what you wrote there are not what she said you are a very big fat liar.

I had to get the video on Channels on Youtube and was shocked at the blatant lie of folks here. I dare ask, are the NLers simply bereft of rational thinking, is it that folk are brain dead or they are just stu.pidly disingenous. How can you watch the ministers session on Sunrise and say she didn't handle it well. The IB has passed his buffoonery to many wailers on NL

Secondly you don't need to blame her for not having figures off-hand like a Fashola, everybody is not gifted the same. What I think is honourable is that she was sincere in owning up that she will need to verify. That was one of the tenents we learnt in communication, facilitation and public speaking

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by omobaekiti: 2:01pm On May 05, 2016
mapet:

I had to get the video on Channels on Youtube and was shocked at the blatant lie of folks here. I dare ask, are the NLers simply bereft of rational thinking, is it that folk are brain dead or they are just stu.pidly disingenous. How can you watch the ministers session on Sunrise and say she didn't handle it well. The IB has passed his buffoonery to many wailers on NL

Secondly you don't need to blame her for not having figures off-hand like a Fashola, everybody is not gifted the same. What I think is honourable is that she was sincere in owning up that she will need to verify. That was one of the tenents we learnt in communication, facilitation and public speaking
I am just disappointed
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by BraniacX(m): 2:13pm On May 05, 2016
maestroferddi:
How is it anybody's fault that you are incapable of critical thinking?

If there anything the administrators of the forum should do, it is to find an ingenious way of filtering out/sieving off views of sub-par IQ people...

Amen to that!

Hear!! Hear!!
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 05, 2016
i just love kemi. fine woman
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by kYjelly2: 2:35pm On May 05, 2016
ephi123:
I shake my head at the direction politics is going in Nigeria. Basically it has been narrowed to Tribalism. Every political thread must be a battle. Can't you people be civil and simply state your points?

Maybe it is the hot naija sun that is causing all this needless aggression (both offline and online). Shame.

Solution, divide the country
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by seunajia: 2:40pm On May 05, 2016
OP is a lying son of a gun. Here is the video of the interview. The video is light at 11 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx-BAVWA0As
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Adminisher: 3:35pm On May 05, 2016
LadyExcellency:
There is certainly a mistake somewhere. Appointment of Finance minister should've transcended "man know man", "padi padi" settlement.

Maupe is telling her the amount in excess crude account? How then can the media quote an authority or authoritatively say what we have at the moment.

Planned Economy my foot when manufacturers and suppliers are running low on raw materials like sugar and other essentials, Unilever, PZ, P&G etc are shutting down some brands/lines because of non-availability of raw materials notwithstanding patronizing and supplementing production with local raw materials.

Madam Oby was 100% right.

What are you talking about?. Those companies are beginning to source raw materials locally. Nigeria cannot afford a manufacturing sector dependent on imported raw materials. Nigeria cannot be doing patch patch economy.
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Adminisher: 3:43pm On May 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

This man should have been the minister of finance

Well 2019 if u contest for imo state governorship u have my vote
PDP give this man ur ticket if u want to win

The man was minister of finance before and he FAILED. Nigeria's economy is not big English. The important problem is project management of important strategic national projects. It is not economics knowledge. We did not manage Ajaokuta steel, NIPP, gas master plan and refinery expansion properly. You can propounded theories from now add infiniteum but without physical things in place in terms of power plants, factories and infrastructure you are deceiving yourself. Nigeria does not fo project management as a discipline well any more.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by adehab: 4:16pm On May 05, 2016
yeddy99:
[i][/i]
i think she is talking about travel estacodes.N19B paid to those who traveled by road and N64B paid to those who traveled by air.

19B on road constructions and 64B on travels
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by oluwasegun007(m): 5:25pm On May 05, 2016
maestroferddi:
It is only those who have little or zero professional experience that would defend the finance minister.

Here was a finance minister who should be a guru/go-to person/expert in the field of finance and financial intelligence sounding like an ET in banking.

Little confidence, weak carriage/poise and an almost nonexistent leadership presence.

Who has not watched the likes of Dr Adewunmi Adesina, Oby Ezekwesili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Charles Soludo etc speak? The above people exude confidence and credulity by their mien and not a tottering finance minister trying to use a funny affectation/accent to couch blatant incoherence...

u said it all.....
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by cuteboy2: 10:11am On May 06, 2016
adehab:

19B on road constructions and 64B on travels

In another media event same yesterday, 5th May 2016 hosted by Lai Mohammed and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN), the Minister Kemi Adeosun gave a different set of numbers. She said: "Last year, we spent N64 billion on travelling and only N90 billion on roads".

See link: https://www.nairaland.com/3088534/civil-servants-salaries-not-sustainable

I am just wondering why a Finance Minster who got ICAN 3 years ago should have such great difficulties with numbers. Either she is mixing them up, does not know the numbers, has forgotten them or simply cannot add the figures correctly. This is rather shocking!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting Today / Abba Kyari Denies Blasting Kate Henshaw Over Picture With Evans / The Atiku Plan: 2019 Plan To Get Nigeria Working Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.