Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes (19215 Views)

What The Codes And Numbers On Your Car Tyres Mean And It's Importance / Flooded Vehicles: Here's What You Need To Know / Car Scanner /mechanic And How To Read The Codes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2016
mayor2013:

I still would love to know how a scan tool can be used to detect a vacuum leak. You still have made any valid point on this. All I see is fuel trim which makes your comprehension of English language a suicidal one
This has been the norm from the Gabon man. He calls me quack I have not heard him say he is a Mechanic yet only on the internet.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 2:28pm On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy no vex it's like that Gabon sun don hammer you .it was not me who said spiritual problems check again
ohhh is it there you are going? here things are cool, constant electricity and pipe borne water, cheap food and safety. Okay you are not mechanic, I am an automotive technician, I have nothing to to prove to you.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
ohhh is it there you are going? here things are cool, constant electricity and pipe borne water, cheap food and safety. Okay you are not mechanic, I am an automotive technician, I have nothing to to prove to you.
Realy. So you are a technician in Gabon. Ahaha and you are boasting about it eight? How about technicians in the USA wot did U want them to say
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 3:16pm On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

Realy. So you are a technician in Gabon. Ahaha and you are boasting about it eight? How about technicians in the USA wot did U want them to say
the videos I asked you to watch, do the makers live on mars?
BTW what has it to do with country? the same cars everywhere,
Here, if I need anything I other for it directly from Dubai or Sharja, I am planning to buy a thermal camera which is a good tool for automotive technicians, I saw one American technician using it on YouTube.
Paul Danner is my mentor and he is an
American, I bought and studied his book, I ask him questions and he replies via email.
So what exactly is your problem with my location? I left that God forsaken country called Niggar area in 2006 in frustration after SSCE and I never regretted it,
Quel est donc votre souci avec ma domicile?
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
the videos I asked you to watch, do the makers live on mars?
BTW what has it to do with country? the same cars everywhere,
Here, if I need anything I other for it directly from Dubai or Sharja, I am planning to buy a thermal camera which is a good tool for automotive technicians, I saw one American technician using it on YouTube.
Paul Danner is my mentor and he is an
American, I bought and studied his book, I ask him questions and he replies via email.
So what exactly is your problem with my location? I left that God forsaken country called Niggar area in 2006 in frustration after SSCE and I never regretted it,
Quel est donc votre souci avec ma domicile?
I have watched the videos even b4 you put them on here,I responded by saying only the 1st guy was a pro the rest are back garden Autoist. U can tell from where they are working. U Aving SSCE at 2006 puts it in perspective. I now know your frame of mind however you got a long way to go.When people don't agree with what you say do NOT result to insults,u never know whom U might meet,I have seen U argue and insult a US trained Mechanic who came bck to Nigeria to set up.Now this guy is a master in what he does. Im nt going to name him but it was not nice. At 2006 I already had a 2nd degree in mechanical engineering. .so wen I make refrence it would be from an Engineer's point of view not a mechanic so I might not be specific. Now you are talking about Cameras that's %50 of what I use at work.I'm doing research on the ANPR cameras also the Night Vision googles. I have learnt this is useful in Nigeria. etc.There are bunch of people on here who are highly skilled. Some in Nigeria some abroad ie GAZZUZ. seina etc just to mention a few. But name callings and insults won't get you far young man.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 5:37pm On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

I have watched the videos even b4 you put them on here,I responded by saying only the 1st guy was a pro the rest are back garden Autoist. U can tell from where they are working. U Aving SSCE at 2006 puts it in perspective. I now know your frame of mind however you got a long way to go.When people don't agree with what you say do NOT result to insults,u never know whom U might meet,I have seen U argue and insult a US trained Mechanic who came bck to Nigeria to set up.Now this guy is a master in what he does. Im nt going to name him but it was not nice. At 2006 I already had a 2nd degree in mechanical engineering. .so wen I make refrence it would be from an Engineer's point of view not a mechanic so I might not be specific. Now you are talking about Cameras that's %50 of what I use at work.I'm doing research on the ANPR cameras also the Night Vision googles. I have learnt this is useful in Nigeria. etc.There are bunch of people on here who are highly skilled. Some in Nigeria some abroad ie GAZZUZ. seina etc just to mention a few. But name callings and insults won't get you far young man.
our Lord Jesus said, you must remove the rafter in your eye before trying to extract the straw in your fellow's eye, remove the rafter so that you will be able to see clearly when extracting the straw in your fellow man's eye. When you are doing to somebody a waka sign with your open palms, the back of your fist is telling you waka also. Think about it.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
our Lord Jesus said, you must remove the rafter in your eye before trying to extract the straw in your fellow's eye, remove the rafter so that you will be able to see clearly when extracting the straw in your fellow man's eye. When you are doing to somebody a waka sign with your open palms, the back of your fist is telling you waka also. Think about it.
Guy you too small 4 me to talk parables with,you be learner 4 where I dey, you would be at least 14 years my junior judging from your 2006 WAEC.
We know empty drums sound louder,much louder.In all good luck with the cheap food and stable Electricity in GABON,you sure need it. tongue
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 9:14pm On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy you too small 4 me to talk parables with,you be learner 4 where I dey, you would be at least 14 years my junior judging from your 2006 WAEC.
We know empty drums sound louder,much louder.In all good luck with the cheap food and stable Electricity in GABON,you sure need it. tongue
Are you jealous? You can't even write good English. Age is just a number.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
Are you jealous? You can't even write good English. Age is just a number.
ahahah jealous of you in GABON?seriously
And FYI I was not writing in English wink
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 11:00pm On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

ahahah jealous of you in GABON?seriously
And FYI I was not writing in English wink
Then why are you always harping on Gabon? I don't miss Nigeria, not at all.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
Then why are you always harping on Gabon? I don't miss Nigeria, not at all.
aha cos they live three doors away from me,
And they say their country is craaaap grin grin grin
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 8:03am On May 09, 2016
erico2k2:

aha cos they live three doors away from me,
And they say their country is craaaap grin grin grin
Votre souci pas le mien.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by depair: 10:04am On May 09, 2016
i thought you guys are here to help solve problems but it seems the reverse is the case.
You are all flexing knowledge as well as expertise.
If you feel the one person is not right with his comment correct and if he is not talk with the op privately and lets stop all this ITK.
Solution is the main goal and be a solution provider.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 10:31am On May 09, 2016
depair:
i thought you guys are here to help solve problems but it seems the reverse is the case.
If you feel the one person is not right with his comment correct and if he is not talk with the op privately and lets stop all this ITK.
My brother I beg make you no vex, I only gave a simple suggestion to aid in the diagnostics, then they all turned on me and saying mean things to me, then I retaliated, now the thread has been derailed, well, next time if someone asks me any silly question I will ignore him or her.
I only suggested the op or his technician to also give us the live data, maybe a snapshot of it. One of them said the car needed spiritual healing and I said no andi believed it was a vacuum leak, and he should do this and that to make sure it is a leak, using the scan tool, the procedure takes less than 1 minute, then if it is not, move on to something else, that is how they decided to devour me, as if they need to kill an elephant first for it.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On May 09, 2016
cocoduck:
Votre souci pas le mien.
Foxtrot Oscar angry

2 Likes

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by honmusa(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2016
depair:
I wonder too o
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 7:44pm On May 09, 2016
honmusa:

I wonder too o
You guys are right, next time I would be careful with some type of questions, especially those that are meant mock.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 8:56pm On May 09, 2016
cocoduck:
You guys are right, next time I would be careful with some type of questions, especially those that are meant mock.

Why do you have to carry this matter too much in your head. Is this the first thread a joke was made out of it? All work and no play makes jack a dull boy tongue Enough of this your over seriousness
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 9:01pm On May 09, 2016
mayor2013:

Why do you have to carry this matter too much in your head. Is this the first thread a joke wss made out of it? All work and no play makes jack a dull boy tongue Enough of this your over seriousness
my anger is that the thread was derailed by you and your friends.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 9:05pm On May 09, 2016
cocoduck:
my anger is that the thread was derailed by you and your friends.

Deal with your electronic anger. You call that derailing? My man nuffin stops me from catching my fun. If you like pull down the world.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 10:33pm On May 09, 2016
mayor2013:

Deal with your electronic anger. You call that derailing? My man nuffin stops me from catching my fun. If you like pull down the world.
hahahahahahahaha that is cool, so you have a sense of humor, that's good.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by diportivo: 5:03pm On May 10, 2016
And princemilla's mercury villager is still guzzling 65ltrs from lagos to abeokuta

Make una help the guy na angry

Naija is not Godforsaken tho
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by diportivo: 5:04pm On May 10, 2016
And princemillla's mercury villager is still guzzling 65ltrs from lagos to abeokuta

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by MPVGoddess: 8:07pm On May 10, 2016
diportivo:
And princemillla's mercury villager is still guzzling 65ltrs from lagos to abeokuta

From personal experience, get someone to test your oxygen sensor circuits, and if they are ok, replace the oxygen sensors ASAP.

But from the first post made by erico2k2, the wiring of your oxygen sensors are bad.

It says shorted, in plain english, it means that wires that should not touch are touching, causing current/signals to go through unintended paths.

This singular act, fixing the oxygen sensor wiring and then if the oxygen sensors themselves are bad, replacing them will do so much to reduce your fuel consumption esp if they are the front oxygen sensors that control fuel air mixture, I have not determined that for you. On the other hand, if it is not the front oxygen sensor but the rear which control the exhaust then you will not have the same effect. My assumption without attempting to prove otherwise, is that it is your front oxygen sensors that are bad.

The next thing to look at, but some may say that is actually the first thing to have looked at is the below:
- Intake air leaks
- Exhaust gas leaks

These have been known to throw off the air/fuel ratio so much that the problem you are complaining of would come to be. You need a mechanic that can do mechanical analysis in combination with computer based diagnosis, because only then, will he not tell you it runs and drives, but will do all the checks necessary to ensure that your system is running at its optimum. This cannot be done without doing certain mechanical checks, clearing codes, test driving, and if the codes still appear doing further testing until the intake air/exhaust gas leaks are eliminated. erico2k2 recommended a smoke test, even YouTube can teach you to do that, since i am not sure of your electrical troubleshooting skills, so why not begin here?

This is why cocoduck spoke of live data, live data is obtained from computer based code readers. Hence my suggestion to get someone who is adept at both types of diagnosis. Or if you are mechanically minded and an avid learner and have the time, you could use your vehicle as a learning ground.

Next, or in concert with the above, face the issue of the faulty fuel injectors; the fuel tank temperature sensor and the knock sensor as well as the Crankshaft Position Or Camshaft Position Sensor Input Signal Error

and give us feedback on how it went

2 Likes

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2016
MPVGoddess:

From personal experience, get someone to test your oxygen sensor circuits, and if they are ok, replace the oxygen sensors ASAP.

But from the first post made by erico2k2, the wiring of your oxygen sensors are bad.

It says shorted, in plain english, it means that wires that should not touch are touching, causing current/signals to go through unintended paths.

This singular act, fixing the oxygen sensor wiring and then if the oxygen sensors themselves are bad, replacing them will do so much to reduce your fuel consumption esp if they are the front oxygen sensors that control fuel air mixture, I have not determined that for you. On the other hand, if it is not the front oxygen sensor but the rear which control the exhaust then you will not have the same effect. My assumption without attempting to prove otherwise, is that it is your front oxygen sensors that are bad.

The next thing to look at, but some may say that is actually the first thing to have looked at is the below:
- Intake air leaks
- Exhaust gas leaks

These have been known to throw off the air/fuel ratio so much that the problem you are complaining of would come to be. You need a mechanic that can do mechanical analysis in combination with computer based diagnosis, because only then, will he not tell you it runs and drives, but will do all the checks necessary to ensure that your system is running at its optimum. This cannot be done without doing certain mechanical checks, clearing codes, test driving, and if the codes still appear doing further testing until the intake air/exhaust gas leaks are eliminated. erico2k2 recommended a smoke test, even YouTube can teach you to do that, since i am not sure of your electrical troubleshooting skills, so why not begin here?

This is why cocoduck spoke of live data, live data is obtained from computer based code readers. Hence my suggestion to get someone who is adept at both types of diagnosis. Or if you are mechanically minded and an avid learner and have the time, you could use your vehicle as a learning ground.

Next, or in concert with the above, face the issue of the faulty fuel injectors; the fuel tank temperature sensor and the knock sensor as well as the Crankshaft Position Or Camshaft Position Sensor Input Signal Error

and give us feedback on how it went

Thanks k you so much Bro, appreciate your response
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2016
princemillla:

Thanks k you so much Bro, appreciate your response
Bro U see my first post up there that's the full Narative of the codes you posted. It's by no means a solution rather is a direct pointer to what you should look at and parts that needs attention .Now what you or you mechanic should look at is the most serious fault codes.I know you got fuel issues but is that the worse?So check the worse code sort that. And it would be a good idea to change ur O2 sensors if the ones on your car are the ones that came with it.I changed the 4 on my car jan this year when I was in 9ja.plz chk we dnt want ur car to knock engine biko.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
erico2k2:

Bro U see my first post up there that's the full Narative of the codes you posted. It's by no means a solution rather is a direct pointer to what you should look at and parts that needs attention .Now what you or you mechanic should look at is the most serious fault codes.I know you got fuel issues but is that the worse?So check the worse code sort that. And it would be a good idea to change ur O2 sensors if the ones on your car are the ones that came with it.I changed the 4 on my car jan this year when I was in 9ja.plz chk we dnt want ur car to knock engine biko.

How much do you think the o2 sensor would cost.

Thanks Bro, you are wonderful
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2016
princemillla:

How much do you think the o2 sensor would cost.

Thanks Bro, you are wonderful
They have grades. First you need to find out the type your uses. U might need just 2.depends on ur Engine. For how much ,I can't tell you. As I don't sell parts. But b4 U buy new ones check if the Old ones are bad.

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by MPVGoddess: 3:48pm On May 11, 2016
erico2k2:

They have grades. First you need to find out the type your uses. U might need just 2.depends on ur Engine. For how much ,I can't tell you. As I don't sell parts. But b4 U buy new ones check if the Old ones are bad.

check two things:

in this order

- is the wiring bad but the sensor good? then repair the wiring

- is the sensor bad but the wiring is good? then replace the sensor

actually if you are mechanically minded you could do this test yourself - locate the sensors ( they should be two of them, i assume that vehicle uses a V6, on both sides of the engine. run your hands through the wiring if the shield is bad, then fix it for all of them that are bad.

If you aren't comfortable doing this, then any mechanic familiar with Nissan Quest 1999 - 2002 can assist you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwHOn4NhMY
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by MPVGoddess: 3:55pm On May 11, 2016
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 4:48pm On May 11, 2016
erico2k2:

GOD BLESS YOU SIR

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2016
MPVGoddess:
http://www.answers.com/Q/Where_are_Oxygen_sensors_in_1999_Mercury_Villager

This might also help you...

Am just getting to see this Bro, I read what I need precisely. I get to know that the sensor at the catalyst is really not necessary for mass air inflow but the front one. Thanks God bless you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron / Top 8 Common Car Facts That Are Actually Not True / The History And Evolution Of Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.