Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes (19208 Views)

What The Codes And Numbers On Your Car Tyres Mean And It's Importance / Flooded Vehicles: Here's What You Need To Know / Car Scanner /mechanic And How To Read The Codes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 6:37pm On May 07, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Now that you mention Knock sensor, not all knock sensor codes come from a faulty knock sensor.

I thought I had a faulty knock sensor, and so got a new one, still the codes would come back so I traced the wiring to the ECU and discovered that they were shot, so I can new wires to the knock sensor and the one I had in the car still worked, so I didn't have to use the new, point is, I recall that his vehicle was recently worked on, and several wiring gremlins appeared, so please rule out faulty wiring before getting a new knock sensor
thank you my brother, the bottom line is don't rush to buy the part simply because is has a code, you know when a person who doesn't want to learn is arguing with you sometimes you forget what you want to say, because of the marveling at their ignorance
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 6:49pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
thank you my brother, the bottom line is don't rush to buy the part simply because is has a code, you know when a person who doesn't want to learn is arguing with you sometimes you forget what you want to say, because of the marveling at their ignorance

Can you emphasise more on how a scanner is used to detect a vacuum leak. I am opened to learning
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 6:52pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

Can you emphasise more on how a scanner is used to detect a vacuum leak. I am opened to learning
watch those videos I provided.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On May 07, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Now that you mention Knock sensor, not all knock sensor codes come from a faulty knock sensor.

I thought I had a faulty knock sensor, and so got a new one, still the codes would come back so I traced the wiring to the ECU and discovered that they were shot, so I can new wires to the knock sensor and the one I had in the car still worked, so I didn't have to use the new, point is, I recall that his vehicle was recently worked on, and several wiring gremlins appeared, so please rule out faulty wiring before getting a new knock sensor
In most cases with sensors. They are usually not the fault same as fuses. .They are there primarily to give readings. I get that however I am tuning to the frequency where and how a vac leak will troger a knock sensor code.
But you changed the wires to the knock sensor right? Is that not one of the reason it will throw a code??
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
king rein and eric whatever whatever, I hate too much talk now watch how REAL professionals do it you quacks,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuod8-zFSQ4&itct=CCcQpDAYASITCPqn8eK2yMwCFddrHAodZk8Pi1IlaG93IHRvIHVzZSB3YXRlciB0byBmaW5kIHZhY3V1bSBsZWFrcw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI2o9YNZ2Y0&itct=CCUQpDAYAiITCPqn8eK2yMwCFddrHAodZk8Pi1IlaG93IHRvIHVzZSB3YXRlciB0byBmaW5kIHZhY3V1bSBsZWFrcw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRBViOV6DE&itct=CB0QpDAYBiITCPqn8eK2yMwCFddrHAodZk8Pi1IlaG93IHRvIHVzZSB3YXRlciB0byBmaW5kIHZhY3V1bSBsZWFrcw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

What you don't know is greater than you are.
None of you proffered any solution to the op instead the mayor whatever whatever mocked him, and that is where all this nonsense started, we are all here to learn, if you find something strange ask questions, that is what makes you people humans!

Why are yoy twisting stuff
U claimed yoy can find a vacum leak with a scanner. I said you can never do that. FACT.
Non of the two last clips posted are pro they are just Autoist no garage will employ those crude methods they will use a smoke machine in the first instance to trace all the lines.
The first video was establishing that there is a vacum leak bit his method can never detect where it was.
So YOUR POINT IS??
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 7:31pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

In most cases with sensors. They are usually not the fault same as fuses. .They are there primarily to give readings. I get that however I am tuning to the frequency where and how a vac leak will troger a knock sensor code.
But you changed the wires to the knock sensor right? Is that not one of the reason it will throw a code??
The OP said that his car consumes too much fuel, then Scanned it and got some codes, so for you the best thing is to change the knock sensor, for me I first of all find out why it is consuming such amount of fuel, which is done using the live data the scan tool provides, I will first test for the vacuum leak, if it is not a vacuum leak then I will test to see if the injectors are leaky and cannot hold pressure, and some other things, the knock sensor case is later, I do it step by step read and let it sink into your stone brain.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 7:33pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Why are yoy twisting stuff
U claimed yoy can find a vacum leak with a scanner. I said you can never do that. FACT.
Non of the two last clips posted are pro they are just Autoist no garage will employ those crude methods they will use a smoke machine in the first instance to trace all the lines.
The first video was establishing that there is a vacum leak bit his method can never detect where it was.
So YOUR POINT IS??
get away you, 1diotic quack,
do you even know who these guys are?
You are not even fit to tie their shoe laces.
back yard shade tree mechanic like you.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
get away you, 1diotic quack,
do you even know who these guys are?
You are not even fit to tie their shoe laces.
back yard shade tree mechanic like you.
AHA I remember you,The internet mechanic from Gabon,Internet Mechanic, well done,I forgot you are full of insults, this is how you embarrassed yourself arguing with GAZZUZ,arguing about speed sensor
You calling me quack when I am not even a Mechanic,
You nor dey tire
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 8:34pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

AHA I remember you,The internet mechanic from Gabon,Internet Mechanic, well done,I forgot you are full of insults, this is how you embarrassed yourself arguing with GAZZUZ,arguing about speed sensor
You nor dey tire
ohhh
so I was pouring water on stone, sorry ohhh I know my onions
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
ohhh
save it, I don't deal with people who vomit insults on others when they can string their point across.This ain't even politics.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 9:18pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
ohhh

Am still waiting
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 11:02pm On May 07, 2016
kingreign:

What type of car is this? I mean the manufacturer name, model, year of manufacture, engine and drive type.

Also where is your location?

Mercury villager 1999 estate

Manufacturer : ford motors
2wd
Am in lagos
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by kingreign(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

You nor dey tire

Bwhahahaha

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by kingreign(m): 11:09pm On May 07, 2016
princemillla:

Mercury villager 1999 estate

Manufacturer : ford motors
2wd
Am in lagos

I can recommend only 3 people for you
1. Gazzuzz
2. Mayor2013
3. Honmusa.

I will NEVER recommend one person to you.
He is cocoduckfowl cocoduck he knows absolutely nothing yet he's full of shītty pride and arrogance. angry
Na me talk am yes! angry
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2016
Thank you all for your advice appreciate
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 11:53pm On May 07, 2016
princemillla:
Thank you all for your advice appreciate
Your car had multiple codes, and that 1diot said your car needs spiritual healing or something, then I said no, I believe the problems is a vacuum leak, then both he and his 1diotic friends went berserk, don't listen to them, what I understand is the these may be parts dealers, and they want you to buy parts from them, even without testing if it's really the part that is bad or another thing that the ECU it reacting to so throwing codes, that sometimes may throw you off if you are not careful, then I said if it were me who is diagnosing your car I will check for vacuum leaks first, using to scan tool, the computer is programmed in a way that it reacts in a certain way in a given situation, so if you know what you are doing or how it works you can easily know what is going wrong, or what the computer is reacting to, it takes just a few seconds , if you find nothing there you move to another thing, then they just hanged their throaght on knock sensor, forgetting that you said you car was consumming too much fuel,
You see, I would ask, why is this car guzzling fuel like this? okay here is a list of things that can cause it.
Vacuum leak (for me easiest to check)
leaky injectors
bad MAF
Then check these three, if nothing then I am missing something, and what can that be? Then I go into research
but they want you to go and buy and make. them rich, and I am an obstacle to it then they turn on me.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 11:59pm On May 07, 2016
I never said the the knock sensor does not go bad, but in this case you should prioritize, and do it in a step by step way, so please tell me what is arrogant about this, I hate parts changers, honestly.
If they see an 02 code all they say is bla bla bla you new a new oxygen sensor, you end spending money needlessly in this hard times, I hope you understand my argument.

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 12:04am On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:

Your car had multiple codes, and that 1diot said your car needs spiritual healing or something, then I said no, I believe the problems is a vacuum leak, then both he and his 1diotic friends went berserk, don't listen to them, what I understand is the these may be parts dealers, and they want you to buy parts from them, even without testing if it's really the part that is bad or another thing that the ECU it reacting to so throwing codes, that sometimes may throw you off if you are not careful, then I said if it were me who is diagnosing your car I will check for vacuum leaks first, using to scan tool, the computer is programmed in a way that it reacts in a certain way in a given situation, so if you know what you are doing or how it works you can easily know what is going wrong, or what the computer is reacting to, it takes just a few seconds , if you find nothing there you move to another thing, then they just hanged their throaght on knock sensor, forgetting that you said you car was consumming too much fuel,
You see, I would ask, why is this car guzzling fuel like this? okay here is a list of things that can cause it.
leaky injectors
bad MAF
Then check these three, if nothing then I am missing something, and what can that be? Then I go into research
but they want you to go and buy and make. them rich, and I am an obstacle to it then they turn on me.

Myopic thinking up there. God help your type of human embarassed
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:15am On May 08, 2016
mayor2013:

ouch I hit you were it hurts, you want to fleece him of his hard earned money, it's not gonna work.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by kingreign(m): 12:15am On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:

leaky injectors
bad MAF

Keep ranting like a typical ewu Gambia/Liberia I know you are. I still repeat you know nothing about car diagnosis and repairs. Keep exposing your half baked knowledge for all to see.

I still repeat, anyone adhering to your advice does this at his/her own peril.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:22am On May 08, 2016
kingreign:

Keep ranting like a typical ewu Gambia/Liberia I know you are. I still repeat you know nothing about car diagnosis and repairs. Keep exposing your half baked knowledge for all to see.

I still repeat, anyone adhering to your advice does this at his/her own peril.
You are not serious
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 12:26am On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:

ouch I hit you were it hurts, you want to fleece him of his hard earned money, it's not gonna work.

I still would love to know how a scan tool can be used to detect a vacuum leak. You still have made any valid point on this. All I see is fuel trim which makes your comprehension of English language a suicidal one
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:28am On May 08, 2016
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:31am On May 08, 2016
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 12:37am On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
http://www.autocodes.com/p1336_ford.html

I still would say you lack simple understanding of English, how? I have not requested for a youtube video. My man you are truly from Gabon
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:47am On May 08, 2016
mayor2013:

I still would love to know how a scan tool can be used to detect a vacuum leak. You still have made any valid point on this. All I see is fuel trim which makes your comprehension of English language a suicidal one
I said I use the live data check if the computer is reacting to a vacuum leak, if yes, then I trace the source of the leak using various methods, ie smoke machine, water, propane, brake cleaner etc, if no i move to something else, Fuel Trim data is part and parcel of live data. If the fuel trim is high (more than 10%) then step on the gas pedal and see an improvment of the fuel trim then trust me its a vacuum leak, if it gets worse then it is another thing ie bad MAF or fuel supply related, it take less than 10 secs to know if the computer is reacting to a vacuum leak, so it does not eat your diagnostic time, it does not demand any much work from you, am i clear now? I recommend it because it works and it is very easy. You don't need to sacrifice a cow. It is not by force, you don't spend a common dime it.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:47am On May 08, 2016
mayor2013:

I still would say you lack simple understanding of English, how? I have not requested for a youtube video. My man you are truly from Gabon
that link is not for 1di0ts like you
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by kingreign(m): 9:05am On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:

You are not serious
I may not be serious, but I've spoken the truth about who you truly are. And anyone who has eyes/ears would easily spot your inadequacies.

PS: At every slight opportunity I get, I'd keep giving you hard knocks

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 9:15am On May 08, 2016
kingreign:

I may not be serious, but I've spoken the truth about who you truly are. And anyone who has eyes/ears would easily spot your inadequacies.

PS: At every slight opportunity I get, I'd keep giving you hard knocks
hahahahahahahahahahaha you are very funny. Proffer solutions to the op
not take it to MrA or B
I pity u fools
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 11:29am On May 08, 2016
mayor2013:

The thing tire me.I don't even sell parts.I dnt know how I was going to get rich by op buying parts.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 11:37am On May 08, 2016
erico2k2:

The thing tire me.I don't even sell parts.I dnt know how I was going to get rich by op buying parts.
then proffer solutions not telling him his car needs an exorcist or spiritual healing, is it not where it all started? And I am waiting for you, and your swaptronics
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2016
cocoduck:
then proffer solutions not telling him his car needs an exorcist or spiritual healing, is it not where it all started? And I am waiting for you, and your swaptronics
Guy no vex it's like that Gabon sun don hammer you .it was not me who said spiritual problems check again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BRT Bus Involved In Road Accident / Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! / A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.