Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal (1817 Views)

Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. / Access Bank - Useless Bank / The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by saylawal2003(m): 7:19am On May 07, 2016
Is Card Maintenance Fee (CMF) deducted twice for a month? I received an alert yesterday for deduction of CMF for April around 5.57pm. I woke up this morning to receive another alert for CMF for the same month of April. I am tired of these banks activities. Little deduction from all account holders will surely amount to millions of naira.

Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by Elchappo: 7:29am On May 07, 2016
I think ur old ATM card on that account ve not being deactivated because the card number for both transaction re different.

OR
U ve both Verve nd mastercard card tied to that account..

So kindly complain nd request for a reversal.

Kpele..
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by sweetval: 7:31am On May 07, 2016
That bank Sha... Having second thoughts on the bank.. I go soon close my acct there..

1 Like

Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by ADEKITA: 12:02pm On May 07, 2016
The alert you received shows that you have two cards linked to your account. You can send your complaint to their call center cfc@ubagroup.com for prompt resolution.
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by shocker007(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2016
saylawal2003:
Is Card Maintenance Fee (CMF) deducted twice for a month? I received an alert yesterday for deduction of CMF for April around 5.57pm. I woke up this morning to receive another alert for CMF for the same month of April. I am tired of these banks activities. Little deduction from all account holders will surely amount to millions of naira.

Your Card starting with: 422584 is a VISA card, thus you were charged for it.
Your second card starting with: 519911 is a Mastercard, thus you were charged for it.

Kindly confirm things like this from cfc@ubagroup.com or 07002255822 before calling bank names.
Defamatory offense is punishable under the law.

Regards
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by realnaijaboy: 12:51pm On May 07, 2016
OP, The narration on the alerts are different. You must have more than one card linked to your account. I have a Mastercard and Visa linked to my account in another bank so I know what I'm talking about. If you don't need both cards, kindly have them deactivate one so you don't have to keep facing this. I believe you can send your details to cfc@ubagroup.com and they will attend to you
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by LArcher: 1:13pm On May 07, 2016
It’s quite possible that there are 2 cards linked to the account based on the narration.

However it’s preferable to further engage the bank directly regarding such complaints for swift resolution.

For UBA I know you can contact the customer care center via several channels via E-mail; cfc@ubagroup.com, or tweet @UBACares
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by saylawal2003(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2016
I have only one ATM card for the account. The card is a master card which start wit 5199. I have never receive such alert for the charges on 422584. Today is the first, that's what baffles me. "Defamatory offense is punishable under the law" IS THAT A THREAT?

Another question I want to ask is: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE 2 ATM CARDS FOR ONE ACCOUNT?
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by yomalex(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2016
You should follow up with customer care if that fails Learn How To Report Your Bank To CBN
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by Humblega(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2016
Elchappo:
I think ur old ATM card on that account ve not being deactivated because the card number for both transaction re different.

OR
U ve both Verve nd mastercard card tied to that account..

So kindly complain nd request for a reversal.

Kpele..

Dont think bank can allow 2 Atms for 1 account. Probably, something is wrong frm UBA end. Better to complain
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by Elchappo: 4:49pm On May 07, 2016
Humblega:

Dont think bank can allow 2 Atms for 1 account. Probably, something is wrong frm UBA end. Better to complain

Oga u can ve 5cards attached to ur account.
As long as it's different product.
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by realnaijaboy: 4:54pm On May 07, 2016
saylawal2003:
I have only one ATM card for the account. The card is a master card which start wit 5199. I have never receive such alert for the charges on 422584. Today is the first, that's what baffles me. "Defamatory offense is punishable under the law" IS THAT A THREAT?

Another question I want to ask is: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE 2 ATM CARDS FOR ONE ACCOUNT?

You can have different cards linked to your account so long as they're not the same product/brand.

Eg you can't have 2 Mastercard linked to your account. But you can have a mastercard, verve, visa, Amex etc.

Have you contacted cfc@ubagroup.com yet?
Re: UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal by saylawal2003(m): 4:25pm On May 11, 2016
At last. After series of complains, UBA has refunded the second Card Maintenance Fee deduction and an apology letter sent to me.

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can One Start With 40,000 Naira / Ways To Make Money Online / German Company To Build Plant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.