Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? (22735 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / What Is Tithe? / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Okies27(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2016
haywire07:
I don't really need to start explaining the importance of tithing.
Of course we all know paying tithe of every income is necessary but I attend a church where every tithe you pay is recorded in a tithe book with a your name boldly written on it .
The motive behind it is definitely not for show off but I don't feel convenient with the fact that the deacons who will count the money would know how much and how regularly I pay my tithe.
Secondly, we tithers are asked to come out every with our tithe book for prayers before dropping it in d tithe box. I feel shy doing that , especially when I think of those girls who will be like "hmmmm, haywire don dey pay tithe , d guy don get money b dat" .. I feel so inconvenient.
The truth is, I've been unable to pay my tithe for a while now, though the cash is intact .

Today is Sunday again and am still bothered.

Thanks
. I think some churches do it to keep their own record straight since they also pay tithe to some other church. I check my tithe booklet to see how consistent n how much i have paid. NLs can argue alot: A true christian who pays tithe still gives to his parents and less privilege.
Basically,tithe card is for record keeping for both the church and titber.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by SeanT: 11:45am On May 08, 2016
This is really worrisome, I have attended winners(LFC) and RCCG very well at different times and the practice is the same, to be a recognized member you must have a tithe card/booklet, there are certain RCCG churches where you have to dance out with your tithe safely tucked in your tithe envelop to be prayed for, I think it's wrong, offerings as well as tithes should be paid in secrecy/without fun-fare, key thing should be is your heart right without God, are you faithful in giving? Your God that sees these things is faithful to reward you accordingly cos 'seed time and harvest.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ladyverere(f): 11:45am On May 08, 2016
Tithing is for the Jews in the old testament. Nowhere in the new testament were Christians admonished to pay tithe. But instead Christians are enjoined to give cheerfully not by coercion as is evidenced in modern day Protestant churches. Failure to pay tithe will not send you to hell. If you are moved by the Spirit to give please do so cheerfully. It is fully between you and the LORD.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by jmann2(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Na all this tithe cards that makes people to show avarice to paying of tithes! When the pastors are more interested in tithes than the Mission God has sent them for!

I personally won't collect that tithe card, it's between me and my God and no minister should chaperone me on it! Abi Pastor Don turn to God?

Tithe is the word of God, like every other law of God it's not a force to obey but a day of recompense for every action of man is coming!

If you like you pay your tithe if you like you do otherwise! God has the final say of Judgement!
Oh man hear the word of God.
"No man is justified by law in God's sight,it is evident, because the righteous shall live by faith" (Galatians 3:11)
And again
"Therefore no one is declared righteous in God's sight by law, rather, through the law we become conscious of sin" (Romans 3:20)

And also again
"Therefore since we have been justified through faith in Christ, we have peace with God" (Romans 5:1)

Bro,Don't be afraid, God will never judge you by tithe paying or sabbath keeping or circumcision.

No other name under heaven given to us to be saved.t
That name is not tithe.
That name is JESUS.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 11:54am On May 08, 2016
Recording of tithe is done in some churches for proper recording n accountabilty,among my pple r wolf in sheep clothing,so in order for some discourage church tithe stealing,d tithe is recorded for d payers
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by esthel(f): 11:55am On May 08, 2016
haywire07:
Am sure it's RCCG, those brown envelopes with ur name, number and months of the year sef

Its not a one-man church . It has branches worldwide and am certain this tithes are used to pay the large number of pastors and missionaries in the field.
I don't have problem how the tithe is spent . I leave that to God .
My only problem is why do they have to keep records of how much I've been paying ?
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by adexgii(m): 12:01pm On May 08, 2016
mrarranger:
I was born and brought up (growing) in the Catholic Church and I don't think its a must to pay tithe. Its not monitored and they don't preach much about it. One of the reasons why I love the church.

#teamcatholic
study ur bible very well tithe is a must bt offering is nt a must, tithe is just 10% of ur income. Bt u can pay it to any church
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by enigmatique2124: 12:02pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:
Of course we all know paying tithe of every income is necessary but I attend a church where every tithe you pay is recorded in a tithe book with a your name boldly written on it .
The motive behind it is definitely not for show off but I don't feel convenient with the fact that the deacons who will count the money would know how much and how regularly I pay my tithe.
Secondly, we tithers are asked to come out every with our tithe book for prayers before dropping it in d tithe box. I feel shy doing that , especially when I think of those girls who will be like "hmmmm, haywire don dey pay tithe , d guy don get money b dat" .. I feel so inconvenient.
The truth is, I've been unable to pay my tithe for a while now, though the cash is intact .

I thought about this some days ago. I strongly believe we attend same church

Thanks
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by kizyto(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2016
bomsilaga:
The special prayers for tithers made me stop tithing. Giving should not be broadcast no matter the name and purpose.
you are damn right.. the special prayers makes it awkward. so if i dont give tithe, you wont Pray for me. tithe should not be emphasized in church at all.. if u like u give tithe SECRETLY if u don't u leave it..

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by einsteino(m): 12:07pm On May 08, 2016
toyetade:

a great error which may cost you

Cost me what? A front row seat in the church? You guys need to get off your gullibility.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by focus7: 12:13pm On May 08, 2016
Op your type is just an attention seeker. If you are not paying tithe don't pay and stop unnecessary ranting everytime just to create controversy on NL. Though many of you are satanic agents sent to churches to pretend as children of God.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by einsteino(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2016
adexgii:

study ur bible very well tithe is a must bt offering is nt a must, tithe is just 10% of ur income. Bt u can pay it to any church

You have been brainwashed. Maybe you need to do more research and study. I guess your basis is on malachi alone. Moreso the jews you try to copy dont even tithe anymore, you can research why. Compulsory tithing in the way and manner it is praticised is solely cos the clergy are looking for avenues to rob people. The jews were made to tithe compulsorily in canaan cos all they got from it was given by God. They didnt tithe in babylon neither in Egypt, moreso the lineage of levites has been lost. So there is no one to tithe to, mind you they still have their preachers.

We could as well start sacrificing lambs on our altars and forbid the wearing of garments made from more than one fabric, of course only that which involves finance could get the attention of our clergy.

5 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by callJesu: 12:16pm On May 08, 2016
Unbiblical
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Caracta(f): 12:17pm On May 08, 2016
Funjosh:

And you disappear without going for the deliverance, chai Diaris God o grin

As in ehn... Lol
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by menxer: 12:18pm On May 08, 2016
emmy99:
Though my church uses the tithe booklet you talked about, I dont bother taking it, I just put mine in an envelop and label it as tithe. My tithe is between me and God so why the record.

The record is to assist God know how many blessings to assign to you courtesy of your pastor. grin
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by openmine(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2016
Babzilla:
Creflo dollar was quoted as saying that ig ue had his way he will shoot any christian that doesnt pay tithe
shocked
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Goddyboy95(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2016
As a faithful believer, it is mandatory u pay ur tithe...its a command attached with blessing....
don't deceive ursef, d money u giv to d poor and needy is absolutely different from tithe. Christ came and amended d ten commandments and he summarized it to two.....paying tithe symbolise ur tithe to God and giving to d poor and needy symbolise ur love 4 ur neighbour...
Nevertheless, d card is to checkmate u here so u won't default..... I avnt seen a pastor climb d pulpit and call tithe defaulters so dre is nothing wrong with d card.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by menxer: 12:25pm On May 08, 2016
bomsilaga:
The special prayers for tithers made me stop tithing. Giving should not be broadcast no matter the name and purpose.

I thought I was alone in this.

It is like those that don't pay or have to pay are exempted from God's financial protection.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by AlanSugar(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

Its not a one-man church . It has branches worldwide and am certain this tithes are used to pay the large number of pastors and missionaries in the field.
I don't have problem how the tithe is spent . I leave that to God .
My only problem is why do they have to keep records of how much I've been paying ?

You keep asking this question as if you expect us to know the innermost intentions of your con men, other than buy private jets and live large?! Since you placed payment on hold, have they come for your head with koboko and other whips? If not know that they just can't rule over your decisions or they are getting better pay from other members to worry about your meagre salary. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by FrankValency(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2016
okoi001:

you are getting it wrong. Maybe you are just a christian for its sake. Read your bible well, get to know what it speaks about paying your tithe. Read the book of Malachi.
It is between you and God, not with your pastor. Be smart since you went to school.
Go and read the book of Debut 14:22-end. pastors only refer to Malachi 3:10, u can read all the verses of that Malachi chapter 3. I'm waiting for u.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:33pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07 in the world we live in now, it's become a bit expedient that it needs to be recorded for audit purposes o. I also think that if openly coming out with the envelope is bothering you to the point where you now hesitate to give at all, you should seriously have a one-on-one talk with one of the ministers or elders in your church please. May God give you divine wisdom. Cheers
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by nandyz(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

Thanks
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by menxer: 12:41pm On May 08, 2016
Goddyboy95:
As a faithful believer, it is mandatory u pay ur tithe...its a command attached with blessing....
don't deceive ursef, d money u giv to d poor and needy is absolutely different from tithe. Christ came and amended d ten commandments and he summarized it to two.....paying tithe symbolise ur tithe to God and giving to d poor and needy symbolise ur love 4 ur neighbour...
Nevertheless, d card is to checkmate u here so u won't default..... I avnt seen a pastor climb d pulpit and call tithe defaulters so dre is nothing wrong with d card.

Pls reference the Scriptures that back this quote of yours.

Jesus never preached tithe in any form, neither did the apostles.

Apostle Paul only asked for collection that was meant for a specific purpose, not this financial burdening of people to attract God's blessings.

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by bomsilaga(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2016
I don't know what version of the Bible you use. I still state that if you believe in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus and still continue with this view then it's either you are of the tribe of gullibles or you are just a self righteous hypocrite.
Goddyboy95:
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by bomsilaga(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2016
FrankValency:
Go and read the book of Debut 14:22-end. pastors only refer to Malachi 3:10, u can read all the verses of that Malachi chapter 3. I'm waiting for u.
Brother, I am just tired of these people. Remove malachi 3:10 and see tithing crumble. Some will even point you to Abraham's tithe and Jacob's tithe. Okay read leviticus to understand the administration of the tithe sef, no.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 08, 2016
Wow

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 08, 2016
Every Tithe preaching pastor is either a crook or is ignorant.
Most of them are d former.

There is no tithing for d Christian. Just some crooks twisting scripture for monetary gain

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by sammyclassics(m): 1:11pm On May 08, 2016
Good News Translation
Hosea 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests.

Good News Translation
Malachi 3:6-10 The Payment of Tithes “I am the Lord, and I do not change. And so you, the descendants of Jacob, are not yet completely lost. You, like your ancestors before you, have turned away from my laws and have not kept them. Turn back to me, and I will turn to you. But you ask, ‘What must we do to turn back to you?’ I ask you, is it right for a person to cheat God? Of course not, yet you are cheating me. ‘How?’ you ask. In the matter of tithes and offerings. A curse is on all of you because the whole nation is cheating me. Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things.

Paying your tithe is for your own good...
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udysweet(f): 1:11pm On May 08, 2016
Oh ok,that's means its not peculiar to them alone then,lol! And then when u go to those ushers to collect ur card later,they might look into it and st gossiping abt dos whoo pays much,who dsnt pay much,who a debtor and all,lol! Thank God we ddnt use to write names,jus numbers on d card and ur signature. But were I wship now,uav a booklet like a cheque were u fill wat ur paying:tithe,offering,kingdom seed etc and then detach ,put insid and envelope alongside d money(each booklets has a code)and label. Its wen u drop in the offering box nd they open d envelop d ushers will knw wat ur paying for. I kind of prefer that.
haywire07:

Its not foursquare but one of the Pentecostal churches that has been in existence for ages . So u will understand that such practice has also been in existence as a doctrine . I was in fact born in the denomination but still I find it hard to agree with them about the tithe idea
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ojun50(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2016
udysweet:
I'm guessing its Foursquare? That's the one I know dey come out cos that's were I used to attend before?

so why did u leave foursquare?
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ChiefCommander(m): 1:25pm On May 08, 2016
worlexy:
Most of what is practised in churches today are not Biblical and non-Christlike. Tithe booklets are just there so that the pastors can monitor your "faithfulness" at paying your tithes. if what I give is between me and God, why should I be monitored by any pastors after all God loves a cheerful giver not those that are compelled to give by pastors chasing you around with Tithe booklets every Sunday or pastors always blackmailing you with Malachi 3:10. Malachi 3 is applicable to churches whom pastors aren't being paid salary by the church and pastors who are not busy buying exotic properties all over the place. The levites are the ones that ought to receive tithes on behalf of God cos even though they are part of Israel, they were not allowed to inherit piece of land in Israel hence there's no way they could farm and eat, their job is solely to serve God and they live within the temple, the only way God could bring food to their tables is to command other tribes of Israel to pay tithe so that his priests could eat( that is why Malachi 3 says bring all the tithes so that there can be FOOD in my house). But nowadays that pastors get paid, buy jets, build mansion, while the church members are impoverished, who should tithes be paid to? And what should tithes be used for? Is it even justifiable to pay tithes? There was mention of tithe in the new testament, mind you.
The Malachi text wasn't even for the laity, but it was rather directed at the priests what do we interpret it to mean these days?
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:27pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

Its not foursquare but one of the Pentecostal churches that has been in existence for ages . So u will understand that such practice has also been in existence as a doctrine . I was in fact born in the denomination but still I find it hard to agree with them about the tithe idea
It's surely Assemblies of God!I'm a member too...but I don't see any reason to be shy na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Primate Ayodele: "God Will Punish Saraki If He Refuses To Contest In 2019" / Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.