Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? (22774 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / What Is Tithe? / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udy4real(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2016
udysweet:
I'm guessing its Foursquare? That's the one I know dey come out cos that's were I used to attend before?

I think its Assemblies of God church,dats wht they do but I feel its very wrong
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by kingsmok(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:
I don't really need to start explaining the importance of tithing.
Of course we all know paying tithe of every income is necessary but I attend a church where every tithe you pay is recorded in a tithe book with a your name boldly written on it .
The motive behind it is definitely not for show off but I don't feel convenient with the fact that the deacons who will count the money would know how much and how regularly I pay my tithe.
Secondly, we tithers are asked to come out every with our tithe book for prayers before dropping it in d tithe box. I feel shy doing that , especially when I think of those girls who will be like "hmmmm, haywire don dey pay tithe , d guy don get money b dat" .. I feel so inconvenient.
The truth is, I've been unable to pay my tithe for a while now, though the cash is intact .

Today is Sunday again and am still bothered.

Thanks
I don't know what churches is becoming this days, they no who did not pay tithe but members that miss church they did not ask for their seasons well God will help us all
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udysweet(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2016
udy4real:

I think its Assemblies of God church,dats wht they do but I feel its very wrong
Seems it is based on the number of persons who have mentioned the same name. Except the church management decides to come together and review that then I'm afraid it still continues. @op you no get choice o,jus pray the day you want to pay tithes,none of the people you dread will be around,lol!
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udysweet(f): 5:03pm On May 08, 2016
ojun50:

so why did u leave foursquare?
Personal reasons
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ojun50(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2016
udysweet:

Personal reasons

ok no problem am a foursquarean dat y i ask.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ejimatic: 5:14pm On May 08, 2016
I respect everybody s decision on tithe.however payment of thithe is not compulsory for christians today.it was for the isrealites malachi 3:10.Thee is no place in the Greek scripture where thithe is mentioned among first century christians.All they did was to pay as they resolved in their heart. 2corithian chapt 9 verse 7....god loves chereful giver....so thithe is not even madatory let alone keeping a card for it...
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 08, 2016
toyetade:

In practice if you pay your tithes faithfully God will bless you and if you don't pay bible says that person have robbed God. In the past, I have the same thought as you, I don't pay or pay a very small amount but then I suffer some immense losses in my finances and my health. Since then I pay my 10% and everything changed.
The key is to find a bible believing church that stand on the truth of the word and attend there and pay your tithes. Watch the lifestyle of the ministers there. Tithes are meant to pay for the admin and running of the church and organise programs to win souls to the kingdom

Does Dangote pay tithes? Does Adenuga pay tithes? What God wants from you is an obedient and repentant heart (Read Psalm 51).Tithing was not advocated in the New Testament. The tithing thing is why we have so many churches left , right and center, Taking people's 10 percent to leave a lavish lifestyle. God help us sha.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udysweet(f): 5:25pm On May 08, 2016
smiley ok. My siblings stil attend it tho.
ojun50:

ok no problem am a foursquarean dat y i ask.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:40pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:
I don't really need to start explaining the importance of tithing.
Of course we all know paying tithe of every income is necessary but I attend a church where every tithe you pay is recorded in a tithe book with a your name boldly written on it .
The motive behind it is definitely not for show off but I don't feel convenient with the fact that the deacons who will count the money would know how much and how regularly I pay my tithe.
Secondly, we tithers are asked to come out every with our tithe book for prayers before dropping it in d tithe box. I feel shy doing that , especially when I think of those girls who will be like "hmmmm, haywire don dey pay tithe , d guy don get money b dat" .. I feel so inconvenient.
The truth is, I've been unable to pay my tithe for a while now, though the cash is intact .

Today is Sunday again and am still bothered.

Thanks

Is that Assemblies of God
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by sben2308(m): 5:48pm On May 08, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Does Dangote pay tithes? Does Adenuga pay tithes? What God wants from you is an obedient and repentant heart (Read Psalm 51).Tithing was not advocated in the New Testament. The tithing thing is why we have so many churches left , right and center, Taking people's 10 percent to leave a lavish lifestyle. God help us sha.

I assure u dat Dangote ,Adenuga pay tithe and funny tin is that some even pay more Dan 10% .D main secret to unlock unlimited wealth is to give wholeheartedly to God .
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by FrankValency(m): 5:55pm On May 08, 2016
bomsilaga:

Brother, I am just tired of these people. Remove malachi 3:10 and see tithing crumble. Some will even point you to Abraham's tithe and Jacob's tithe. Okay read leviticus to understand the administration of the tithe sef, no.
na so , nowadays pastors are scam
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by XXLDICK(m): 6:11pm On May 08, 2016
okunfemm:

Note: Tithes is for God and he commanded it and Jesus also continue it and there are beggars at that time but commanded bring ye tithes into my house. Malachi 3: 9-12

There is different between TITHES & ALMSGIVING.... Read up for more in the BIBLE
Please, give me a Bible reference to the bold
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by May5(f): 6:29pm On May 08, 2016
Opp u are not the only one having this issue of being shy coming out to b prayed for specially each time u pay ur tithe. I was having this same issue back then in Rccg where they still do same till date. But come to think of it, in winners chapel for example, special attention or prayers are nt given to tithe payers, general prayer is made for offering, tithe etc, and u drop them in a basket sitted . God has not stop blessing the church bicos of this procedure. Is God that blessess, wether u are faithful or not, that shld b btw u and God, and nt the show off thing they do in most pentecostal churches. Jesus said we shld give in secret and our father that sees all will reward us openly. Last wk on this trend i read one incidence in a church where the pastor asked each member to state their salary and he was calculating their tithe for them. Is that really necessary....
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by FuckTheMod: 6:29pm On May 08, 2016
cuteraeh:
very necessary to keep records
Rubbing
A.k.a
Financial slavery card.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by worlexy(m): 6:44pm On May 08, 2016
toyetade:

In practice if you pay your tithes faithfully God will bless you and if you don't pay bible says that person have robbed God. In the past, I have the same thought as you, I don't pay or pay a very small amount but then I suffer some immense losses in my finances and my health. Since then I pay my 10% and everything changed.
The key is to find a bible believing church that stand on the truth of the word and attend there and pay your tithes. Watch the lifestyle of the ministers there. Tithes are meant to pay for the admin and running of the church and organise programs to win souls to the kingdom
Thanks. But I didn't say i am not paying my tithes na. I've experienced similar thing u just explained. Tithes works like magic. Who is qualified to receive the tithe is the bone of contention here and the fact that pastors keep monitoring your giving

and why are our pastors not quoting Deut 14 but they would rather quote Malachi 3?

Deuteronomy 14:22-end

AMP22:You shall surely tithe all the yield of your seed produced by your field each year.
AMP:And you shall eat before the Lord your God in the place in which He will cause His Name [and Presence] to dwell the tithe (tenth) of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstlings of your herd and your flock, that you may learn [reverently] to fear the Lord your God always.
AMP:And if the distance is too long for you to carry your tithe, or the place where the Lord your God chooses to set His Name [and Presence] is too far away for you, when the Lord your God has blessed you,
AMP:Then you shall turn it into money, and bind up the money in your hand, and shall go to the place [of worship] which the Lord your God has chosen.
AMP:And you may spend that money for whatever your appetite craves, for oxen, or sheep, or new wine or strong[er] drink, or whatever you desire; and you shall eat there before the Lord your God and you shall rejoice, you and your household.
AMP:And you shall not forsake or neglect the Levite [God’s minister] in your towns, for he has been given no share or inheritance with you.
AMP:At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your increase the same year and lay it up within your towns.
AMP:And the Levite [because he has no part or inheritance with you] and the stranger or temporary resident, and the fatherless and the widow who are in your towns shall come and eat and be satisfied, so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand that you do

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by worlexy(m): 6:57pm On May 08, 2016
okoi001:

you are getting it wrong. Maybe you are just a christian for its sake. Read your bible well, get to know what it speaks about paying your tithe. Read the book of Malachi.
It is between you and God, not with your pastor. Be smart since you went to school.

Deuteronomy 14:22-end

AMP22:You shall surely tithe all the yield of your seed produced by your field each year.
AMP:And you shall eat before the Lord your God in the place in which He will cause His Name [and Presence] to dwell the tithe (tenth) of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstlings of your herd and your flock, that you may learn [reverently] to fear the Lord your God always.
AMP:And if the distance is too long for you to carry your tithe, or the place where the Lord your God chooses to set His Name [and Presence] is too far away for you, when the Lord your God has blessed you,
AMP:Then you shall turn it into money, and bind up the money in your hand, and shall go to the place [of worship] which the Lord your God has chosen.
AMP:And you may spend that money for whatever your appetite craves, for oxen, or sheep, or new wine or strong[er] drink, or whatever you desire; and you shall eat there before the Lord your God and you shall rejoice, you and your household.
AMP:And you shall not forsake or neglect the Levite [God’s minister] in your towns, for he has been given no share or inheritance with you.
AMP:At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your increase the same year and lay it up within your towns.
AMP:And the Levite [because he has no part or inheritance with you] and the stranger or temporary resident, and the fatherless and the widow who are in your towns shall come and eat and be satisfied, so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand that you do
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by tranxo(m): 7:49pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

Its not foursquare but one of the Pentecostal churches that has been in existence for ages . So u will understand that such practice has also been in existence as a doctrine . I was in fact born in the denomination but still I find it hard to agree with them about the tithe idea
Tithe should and is a matter between you and God alone. Don't worry, when you turn 18, you can leave your parents and choose the church that suits you.
Shalom.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by knowledge4(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2016
Totally Unnecessary!
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by akinbayoabayom(m): 11:17pm On May 08, 2016
My church , HarvestHouse Ibadan call tithers out for prayer but I don't really like d idea at all, I believe what u are paying should be known to u and God alone afterall, all d money realized from offering and tithe will still go into same church bank account and use for any project in d church.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by afilaka(f): 12:09am On May 09, 2016
I just feel al those goin against tithing are trying to make excuses 4 themselves and their conscience,n moreover I don't tink any1 s bin forced to pay tithe,if u lik obey or nt,itz ur personal biz wit God.n to tink dis same set of people ar d one goin abt looking s AC fitted church as if d church wz built wit ordinary paper.we that are paying title knw d significant impart, no man can rob God nt even pastors.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by CoolAmbience(m): 6:22am On May 09, 2016
killsmith:
Take your tithe...go to the helpless...or an orphanage....buy gifts...show those kids some love....stop giving your money to pastors...all pastors are criminals....quote me anywhere...

That is the ideal thing..supporting the needy and welfare of people around you. I think, I am most critical about this because, just imagine having two to five needy persons around you, then you ignore them, hop into a car well dressed, make perhaps a five to twenty minutes journey to a Church to pay your tithe.
For me, It's the height of hypocrisy. Some maintain it is a way of funding the Church but the questions are, how were the early Churches funded? How are other businesses or organisations that aren't Churches funded?
Today, people fund Churches to fund schools, hospitals, hotels, estates, jets etc, while the poor who easily can be won over for Christ by a simple act of charity, is rather admonished to go and pray, as is sin that is hindering his prosperity. It is also required that he sows a 'seed' that has the capacity to forcefully 'pull down' heavenly blessings.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 8:40am On May 09, 2016
Giving to the poor or the needy with ur thithe is not thithing...God said bring your thithe to his store house meaning the church, tithing is a spiritual transaction between you and God, if you are giving your thithe with the mindset that u are giving pastor trust me God won't accept it because he look through your heart...giving the poor is part of welfare there is a blessing that follows giving.We pay thithe because its a covenant practice, you must do your part b4 God will do his own.No money u give to God can be bigger than him.You don't pay thithe the "Devourer" must come and devour your finance.

Covenant wealthy men/women in our time are crazy thither givers and they are swimming in the realm of divine wealth.Giving of thithe book in churches is for you to keep your record.You now know if you are "faithful and consistent " in your thithing.A lady shared a testimony that things were not going well financially with her but she was a faithful thither with accurate record,she entered into her secret room and communicated with God in prayers,She asked God what is happening sh as been doing her part with her thithe book as an evident . God loved her faith and immediately things started to change and she is a very wealthy Lady till date.Lesson learnt : you can use your thithe book to challenge God when you ain't seeing thithing blessings in your life, if you are faithful in it and with a pure heart.

Givers Never lack. It works like fire,Don't operate with a poverty mentality when it comes to Godly doctrine. God is far bigger than what you can give.He needs your tithe so he can fulfil his own part.he is a covenant keeping God.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by ojun50(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2016
udysweet:
smiley ok. My siblings stil attend it tho.

alright
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 10, 2016
sben2308:

I assure u dat Dangote ,Adenuga pay tithe and funny tin is that some even pay more Dan 10% .D main secret to unlock unlimited wealth is to give wholeheartedly to God .

Abeg, don't confuse philanthropy with tithing. Who 10% don epp? Except the pastors.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by sben2308(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Abeg, don't confuse philanthropy with tithing. Who 10% don epp? Except the pastors.

U need to read wat I wrote very well cuz I know I didn't say anything close to philanthropy. All I expanciate is tithe and Pls u need to start understand dis No one is gonna ' EPP ' u except God.And pls churches are different cuz in mine I can say to d little we can do we av ' EPP '
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by lereinter(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=sben2308 post=45431833][/quote]

Even though the members are the main stakeholders.
God is watching
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by gloriayah: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
knowledge4:
Totally Unnecessary!
Hello Knowledge4,
Just randomly found a post of yours on here and i like the way you think. Trying to start a business and would love if you show me the ropes. I'm new to nairaland. Still haven't figured out how it works so i hope you get this. Here's my email - loraee@ymail.com

Cheers.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by gloriayah: 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
gloriayah:

Hello Knowledge4,
Just randomly found a post of yours on here and i like the way you think. Trying to start a business and would love if you show me the ropes. I'm new to nairaland. Still haven't figured out how it works so i hope you get this. Here's my email - loraee@ymail.com

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Has Life Taught You So Far? / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.