Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9360800 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
temitimx19:

Chinese phones are meant for "China" only, they are not suppose to leave China.. Unless if the phone has been launched outside China.. People just have to be patient with this Chinese guys.. These ROM are not easy to develop, it takes time and resources.
The Redmi Pro I bought doesn't have a Global ROM yet, but I chose to buy to, so whenever I get it and I see Chinese fonts, I just have to take it like that..
After all even Lenovo does that.

What are you saying? Chinese phones(which includes xiaomi) are not meant to leave China or Chinese roms are not meant to leave china?

Do you know that the redmi note 3 have two versions (mtk and sd) for the chinese market? The sd version is also available outside China. So what exactly do you mean?

And what do you mean when you say "these roms are not easy to develop? The custom rom gearbest installed, where did they get the kernel from?

Please don't just type for typing sake
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

Thanks man, i hope i don't have to unlock bootloader to install the rom

They are just going from quality to quantity.
they would learn when they start losing customers especially with the number of Chinese manufacturers coming up

I suggest you wait a bit before flashing. There have been several reports of bricked phones for this redmi 4. I'm not sure how true it is. Hopefully the miui forum guys will release a detailed flashing guide
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

Thanks man, i hope i don't have to unlock bootloader to install the rom

They are just going from quality to quantity.
they would learn when they start losing customers especially with the number of Chinese manufacturers coming up

They are already losing customers

https://www.quora.com/Xiaomi-losing-in-the-market-in-2016-and-it-will-continue-losing-What-can-Xiaomi-do-to-counter-this

http://en.yibada.com/articles/146056/20160728/xiaomi-shifts-computer-sales-smartphone-decline.htm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 7:10am On Dec 12, 2016
Dam5reey:

Calm down...
There is no official store selling their phones in Nigeria..
what they have are partners.. only phone that has official global ROM are available for sale in Nigeria....

Check mi africa website and you will understand this.. they only have few phones there...

Their first aim is to make phone for china...

You're purchasing the Chinese version at your own discretion.. they are not forcing you...

You seem offpoint
I never said there was an official store in Nigeria.

I want my phone from factory the way it is (global or Chinese) not allowing one reseller install a ROM i never asked for.Who know the hidden apps in d "Fake ROM" stealing my info angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2016
scarr:

You seem offpoint

I want my phone from factory the way it is (global or Chinese) not allowing one reseller install a ROM i never asked for.Who know the hidden apps in d "Fake ROM" stealing my info angry

You could have checked the rom installed on the phone before purchasing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2016
scarr:

You seem offpoint

Did you read the terms on the item purchased?

Most of the seller States that leave a note if you want sealed box.. or they will do checks and install their own ROM

See screenshot below...in case of next time ask the seller questions before you buy anything...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2016
BuzzRay:

Me ßelf wanted to ask the same thing.. It's obvious that we don't read description. Research and ask questions.. that matters..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2016
Dam5reey:

Me ßelf wanted to ask the same thing.. It's obvious that we don't read description. Research and ask questions.. that matters..

Exactly bro. Most people are just too excited by the cheap price and end up buying a xiaomi phone with dodgy rom.

You see two redmi 3s at aliexpress one priced at $103 and the other $159, you begin to wonder what the difference is....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2016
Guys I want to open a bank account,which bank has the lowest exchange rates in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2016
scarr:

You seem offpoint

Whenever you buy tell CC no to open the box.. They would send it just as it is from Factory..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2016
BuzzRay:

Exactly bro. Most people are just too excited by the cheap price and end up buying a xiaomi phone with dodgy rom.

You see two redmi 3s at aliexpress one priced at $103 and the other $159, you begin to wonder what the difference is....

Sorry oo pls which ROM do we buy now if we want to buy phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2016
vower:
Guys I want to open a bank account,which bank has the lowest exchange rates in Nigeria?

ACCESS BANK is your best bet, $200 monthly limit(UBA & GTB do $100) at 320 per dollar.
Request for Visa ATM
(You may be lucky; they have instant ATM in some branches)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2016
Horlaarsco:

Sorry oo pls which ROM do we buy now if we want to buy phone?

if you want to buy a xiaomi phone, go for the international version, with global rom. But some people purchase the cheap ones and install with any rom of their choice(dev,global,Cn)

if you look closely thats what most dealers of xiaomi phones in Nigeria/Nairaland do.
They buy bunch of extremely cheap xiaomi phones from those sites, install them with global Rom and sell them triple the price. Not that the phones are fake, but they cheat alot of people
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2016
Guys when you purchase a xiaomi phone, and you dont find it sealed with thin nylon, your phone might have been tampered with. The phone package is always sealed with a kind of thin nylon, as a sign that the box has not been opened
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Dam5reey:

Did you read the terms on the item purchased?

Most of the seller States that leave a note if you want sealed box.. or they will do checks and install their own ROM

See screenshot below...in case of next time ask the seller questions before you buy anything...

temitimx19:

Whenever you buy tell CC no to open the box.. They would send it just as it is from Factory..

BuzzRay:

how do you do all this when purchasing from initialise and crew
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deo966(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
BuzzRay:

if you want to buy a xiaomi phone, go for the international version, with global rom. But some people purchase the cheap ones and install with any rom of their choice(dev,global,Cn)

if you look closely thats what most dealers of xiaomi phones in Nigeria/Nairaland do.
They buy bunch of extremely cheap xiaomi phones from those sites, install them with global Rom and sell them triple the price. Not that the phones are fake, but they cheat alot of people
bros am thinking of getting xiaomi redmi note 4 prime or 3 pro prime, I need a good dealer from aliexpress who install global rom, pls recommend me one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
deo966:
bros am thinking of getting xiaomi redmi note 4 prime or 3 pro prime, I need a good dealer from aliexpress who install global rom, pls recommend me one

Bro here is a trusted store. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32717858702.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail. Official global Note 3 pro prime

you can keep looking for other stores with better price. Just dont forget to include "official global version" in yr search.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
plz guys help me decide within this two phones xiaomi note 4 or xiaomi mi m5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
scarr:

how do you do all this when purchasing from initialise and crew

Am sure, you asked from them "is it 3gb ram? Is it 16gb or 32gb" green or red?

you could have also asked "is it global Rom?" cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
BuzzRay:

The redmi pro on my mind does not have global ROM yet... so wat do u suggest I do now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Horlaarsco:

The redmi pro on my mind does not have global ROM yet... so wat do u suggest I do now?

it depends on you, either you go for another phone or you take the risk.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
BuzzRay:

it depends on you, either you go for another phone or you take the risk.
I took the risk, I got myself a Redmi Pro 3gb/64gb.. Am used to Chinese ROMs, my Lenovo k3 note still has Chinese ROM on it.
Chinese ROM is not as bad as people look at it. It just has some Chinese in it, that's all.. They may not even be noticeable..
Very soon global ROM would be out, then u can flash the phone. But it all depends on your choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Horlaarsco:

temitimx19:

I took the risk, I got myself a Redmi Pro 3gb/64gb.. Am used to Chinese ROMs, my Lenovo k3 note still has Chinese ROM on it.
Chinese ROM is not as bad as people look at it. It just has some Chinese in it, that's all.. They may not even be noticeable..
Very soon global ROM would be out, then u can flash the phone. But it all depends on your choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by warrenweste(m): 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
davit:

I bought mine on Aliexpress Dreami store during the 11.11 promo at 146 US dollar at the rate of 320 per dollar, tru GTB.

So you mean you were able to pay more than $100 with your naira card?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pls guys in d house, i wanna order 4 a $226 phone buh d access card limit is $200, so how do i do it D xiaomi mi m5 2 b precise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Any redmi pro user in d house?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
warrenweste:

So you mean you were able to pay more than $100 with your naira card?

Using Aliexpress pocket, that is possible. But that means is shutting down by Jan 1, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
Joelfinest:
Pls guys in d house, i wanna order 4 a $226 phone buh d access card limit is $200, so how do i do it D xiaomi mi m5 2 b precise

For now alipocket is still open.. get a friend relative or use GT bank account to pay 100$ first then check out with the balance using the access..

There is no concrete information about alipocket shutdown for now... Alipocket customer service...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
oNj:

ACCESS BANK is your best bet, $200 monthly limit(UBA & GTB do $100) at 320 per dollar.
Request for Visa ATM
(You may be lucky; they have instant ATM in some branches)

I don't understand what u mean by $200 monthly limit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
vower:

I don't understand what u mean by $200 monthly limit

You're not allowed to spend more than $200 in a month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Horlaarsco:
Any redmi pro user in d house?

Anybody
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Horlaarsco:

Anybody
Am expecting mine by next week

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.