Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356237 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 11:10am On Dec 10, 2016
Alipocket & alipay are not the same.
Alipocket is just a wallet u can save your money using ur Aliexpress account, it's just like saving fund on ur PayPal
Alipay is the mode of payment on Aliexpress account, that's the medium u ll use to buy stuffs on Aliexpress or u can use it to fund your Aliexpress wallet(Alipocket) it's just like using Western union ,moneygram, moneybookers & co to buy something online.
The one they want to stop is alipocket, u won't be able to upload money on ur Aliexpress account in form of gift cards.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2016
Baroba:
The real battery champion na Redmi 4.. Am caught between Redmi 4 (solely because of its awesome battery) and Redmi note 4 pro / Redmi pro.
my redmi3 is also nice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

Go for Redmi 2, its 27k on Konga. It beats almost every phone at that price.
please how did you make your network bar look like that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2016
joesmarty:
I just ordered the Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 4 Pro Prime 3gb ram 64gb inbuilt on aliexpress for 59k.
wow lemme see a link pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2016
Rozaystunna:
wow lemme see a link pls
Maybe its the 2gb/32gb version.. Just maybe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

Dark Note v8, Eureka 8 pro, forgotten the last one.
pls am having problem on my miui 8 developer version, if I download some themes it won't appy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

Ensure say na better country ooo, no time for those kind oyibo people with 1 kind colour.
can't apply themes after download, that's what it says

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
There are 2 types of alipay. The alipay linked to your aliexpress account is the "international alipay". The international alipay is same as your alipocket and it's the one you can't load money into anymore by 1st of January 2017.

The other alipay is the what the Chinese guys call the "Chinese paypal". It works like the US paypal for Chinese people. If you don't have a Chinese bank account or ID, you can't use it.

In essence, what I mean is, the alipay /alipocket you all are loading money into now will seize to function by 1st January 2017

fibonacci2526:

Would like to think that Alipocket is different from Alipay whose service is due to come to an end in January, No?

fibonacci2526:

Would like to think that Alipocket is different from Alipay whose service is due to come to an end in January, No?

omosuji:
alipay and ali pocket are not same.

Dam5reey:

They are the same... Your alipocket uses the alipay wallet....
fibonacci2526:

Can anyone confirm this as I don't think they are the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
rust6:

Hw much did u get urs and where

I bought mine on Aliexpress Dreami store during the 11.11 promo at 146 US dollar at the rate of 320 per dollar, tru GTB.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rozaystunna:
pls am having problem on my miui 8 developer version, if I download some themes it won't appy
Change your network, it happens to me when I use glo. Also if you are on developer rom, you can't customize themes for now, hoping they fix that asap. Those on stable roms can customize themes though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rozaystunna:
please how did you make your network bar look like that?
Themes, customization of status bar.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

The money you have can get you something better, like redmi note 3 pro unless you like to keep your change.

OK I'm on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rozaystunna:
my redmi3 is also nice

Yup, Its a solid device, including the 3s... Am looking for a phone the will easily do 10hrs Screen on time..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
Baroba:

Yup, Its a solid device, including the 3s... Am looking for a phone the will easily do 10hrs Screen on time..
Get a Xiaomi power bank..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samcolee(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
I just won a 10dollar coupon on aliepress no one seems to answer my question on this free shipping if it takes too much time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
oNj:
Guys I need your help,
I have my eyes on the Redmi note 3 Pro Int Ver (Aliexpress) but this $100 per month limit is frustrating me.

Your suggestions are welcome on other alternative means of purchase/payment
open a dollar dormicially account at ur bank and request for dollar mastercard or get a payoneer mastercard ..fund them and place your order
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
samcolee:
I just won a 10dollar coupon on aliepress no one seems to answer my question on this free shipping if it takes too much time
this is December period it will take long unless you use agents
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omosuji(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
samcolee:
Majority of shipping takes about 2-3weeks whether free shipping or not. Only difference is that free shipping is not registered and do not have a tracking number. My experience please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
Bookiemart01:
There are 2 types of alipay. The alipay linked to your aliexpress account is the "international alipay". The international alipay is same as your alipocket and it's the one you can't load money into anymore by 1st of January 2017.

The other alipay is the what the Chinese guys call the "Chinese paypal". It works like the US paypal for Chinese people. If you don't have a Chinese bank account or ID, you can't use it.

In essence, what I mean is, the alipay /alipocket you all are loading money into now will seize to function by 1st January 2017

Ma see this conversation thread

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
I will leave some balance there and see what happens
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
Dam5reey:
I will leave some balance there and see what happens
Was thinking of doing same, well you just beat me to that, let's use yours as an experiment. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Namzy(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
Anyone selling xiaomi redmi note 4 pro prime 64gb?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
temitimx19:
Most people are complaining about different sites.. You all should understand that these various sites don't work the same way..
I see most people complaining about GeekBuying, before buying any item/package from any China site, u need to ask 3 questions, which is:
1. How long does it take the site to ship out items ranging from items of low prices ($0.01-20) - ($20-700)..
2. What kind of shipping method do the use??
3. Do they include phone numbers on the packages.

I have tried several site, TinyDeal, Aliexpress, everbuying GeekBuying, Gearbest, Light in the box, Banggood etc. And I can tell u that these sites don't operate the same way..
Most times people buy some items without even asking where this item is in stock, on-sale or on pre sale, they just buy because its cheap, maybe that's why u are having problems..
Also u have to know that these site have different warehouses, Mainly Hongkong(HK) and China (CH), because of these various warehouses they have, it takes them mostly 2-7 business days to ship out. I have bought from sites where the ship out immediately after payment, but u have to know that it doesn't apply to all sites.

I remember buying a phone (Redmi 3s) from Gearbest and after 15 days of delivery I got a (TV and mini keyboard and the receipt in the package was for someone in Spain) I didn't come to NL crying that Gearbest are thieves, all I did was to screenshot the package with the receipt in it and complained to CC, after 1 week of verification I was sent my Redmi 3s and I was also told to keep the TV box and mini keyboard (which I sold anyway) grin .

All am saying is that all this sites have reputation to protect, always complain to CC before tagging sites as scammers..

I have so many packages that have gotten missing, some with Registered Post NL.. All I did was to complain to CC and I got my refund, its as simple as ABC.

I bought items from TinyDeal for 1 year before I realized that they don't include phone numbers on Packages, I was furious, the Lenovo k3 note I am using to type this message I bought it from TinyDeal. Sites like TinyDeal and Banggood don't include Phone numbers on packages, whether you write to CC or not, they would send out without ur phone number included.

Shipping time all depends on the month u are making the purchase, if u buy anything during Chinese new year or Chinese holiday, I pity u, why because your package would take longer time to deliver. Don't except the speed of delivery in October to be the same this December, its impossible, festive season is around the corner, so many holidays here and then, so whenever you get your package just be grateful.

Many of these sites, are trustworthy, it all depends on the way you see them.
okay I want 2 order 4 a Xaomi note 4 device, which site do u think is best Thanks in advance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dljbd1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello guys,
I have the redmi note 3 and wanna install a custom ROM but unable to using SPFlashtool
What's the way forward abeg...
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
Joelfinest:

okay I want 2 order 4 a Xaomi note 4 device, which site do u think is best Thanks in advance
Use Aliexpress

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
dljbd1:
Hello guys,
I have the redmi note 3 and wanna install a custom ROM but unable to using SPFlashtool
What's the way forward abeg...
thanks
Ensure you install TWRP recovery, then you can install as many custom roms as you like. Of course you should be rooted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ochukp(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
really in need of Xiaomi MI PRO 32 or 64 GB(fairly used). will really appreciate the help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dljbd1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

Ensure you install TWRP recovery, then you can install as many custom roms as you like. Of course you should be rooted.
Thanks man
Please can you direct me to a site having the procedures and the downloads.
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
dljbd1:

Thanks man
Please can you direct me to a site having the procedures and the downloads.
Thank you
Just check miui forum, there are countless threads on this there plus latest updates.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Gptech:

Was thinking of doing same, well you just beat me to that, let's use yours as an experiment. cheesy

Update from their cs undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chijohn42k(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.