Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9475367 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
My product finally got to post nl sorting centre, order was a xiaomi redmi 4A, but due to delay from them due to unavailability of the product, I already got another one and will likely sell this when it finally arrives.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
jiro:
I'm interested in buying the redmi note 4 or note 3 but I was told that their 4g bands only work for mtn . Is this true? Pls who has either of these and do you use 4g on networks excluding mtn?
Their phones support 4G for other networks, the problem is not with Xioami but with Glo ( their 4g band is very unpopular and very few phones support it).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
nataj:
Please anybody have xaiomi for sale?! I have 40k

Redmi 3s 2GB 16GB. A month old.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
torres2:
My product finally got to post nl sorting centre, order was a xiaomi redmi 4A, but due to delay from them due to unavailability of the product, I already got another one and will likely sell this when it finally arrives.
When was the item shipped??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jiro(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
Lovexme:

Mine was 49k

Pls what store did you buy yours from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olamike: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
PLEASE AND PLEASE SIRS GOOD DAY GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE WHO CAN HELP ME PURCHASE TEMPERED GLASS FOR LENOVO K5 NOTE AS WELL AS SMART COVER IF IT HAS LIKE THE ONE OF TECNO CAMON 9 PLEASE YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON 08067917321, THANKS A LOT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
temitimx19:

When was the item shipped??

Item was shipped from seller since Dec 2, got a tracking id and got no response till Dec 5th when I got a pre-advised response. However I got a result of the item being sorted by the courier service on Friday evening.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
nataj:
Please anybody have xaiomi for sale?! I have 40k
New 3s 50k last price

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Austinemark53(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Pls can anyone tell me how I can purchase a new xiaomi redmi note 3 pro currently
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
torres2:

Item was shipped from seller since Dec 2, got a tracking id and got no response till Dec 5th when I got a pre-advised response. However I got a result of the item being sorted by the courier service on Friday evening.

You ordered from geekbuying right? if you didn't pay for expedited shipping then its still within the scheduled delivery time to be honest. Which is about a month for free shipping..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please which of these websites is The fastest and cheapest grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=Gptech post=51765115][/quote]

According to whats on d net, apparently i have a "Fake ROM" installed on my phone that's why i can't find the settings.
And i have some reasons to believe that.
The phone app doesn't have the caller ID option.
The calculator doesn't have the converter
The lock screen doesn't support the wallpaper carousel
Note app looks a sammy notepad.
The global ROM version isn't supposed to have "CN" in it yet mine has it.

How can i change my ROM to an official one and get root access.

An android phone without root is like jeans without pockets- Mugabe 1675

cc grandmufti vosquare

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

According to whats on d net, apparently i have a "Fake ROM" installed on my phone that's why i can't find the settings.

cc grandmufti vosquare
Don't be in a hurry, don't think there is an official rom for your phone now, just be patient. And about root access, don't think you have much to gain since you already have miui.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
Gptech:

Don't be in a hurry, don't think there is an official rom for your phone now, just be patient. And about root access, don't think you have much to gain since you already have miui.

Gbam.. Spot on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

cc grandmufti vosquare

Relax
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Gptech:

Why would xiaomi release a phone without an official ROM, does it mean it left the factory ROMless?.

Without root how do i use apps like lucky patcher, xposed, etc
my love for xiaomi just went from 100 to 20 real quick sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

Why would xiaomi release a phone without an official ROM, does it mean it left the factory ROMless?.

Apparently there is a rom available.

http://en.miui.com/thread-406708-1-1.html

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deo966(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Lovexme:

Get an Access card.
thanks I will
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
torres2:

Pls what is post nl sorting center? And where did u purchase from? Geekbuying or aliexpress? Cos if it's from aliexpress, ur still on a long tin o! Just begin count 30 - 60 days. Even wen they sent me my DHL trackin number, it took 3 days before DHL actually received the item from them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
jiro:

Pls what store did you buy yours from?

Scratch that. I meant the Redmi 4 Prime.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
I must admit, all this talk abt stable rom, developer rom etc. I hope it's not a complex thing o! Cos the way people r callin roms as if there r millions of them. Hope by the time I get my fone, it wud not be as confusing at the different roms, miui updates etc dat I see here o! I can't go thru stress to get the fone and go thru more stress to 'understand' the fone. I can't deal abeg. Lol

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Paxziano:

I must admit, all this talk abt stable rom, developer rom etc. I hope it's not a complex thing o! Cos the way people r callin roms as if there r millions of them. Hope by the time I get my fone, it wud not be as confusing at the different roms, miui updates etc dat I see here o! I can't go thru stress to get the fone and go thru more stress to 'understand' the fone. I can't deal abeg. Lol
Loll grin grin I know you would undertstand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Paxziano:

LOL.

It's like you're in my head as you just echoed my thoughts grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

It's really shocking to say the least. Why advertise and sell a phone without official rom? Who even does that? Let's see how far they can get with these negative business models they keep adopting .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Paxziano:

Prepare for the worst, this is Xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
torres2:

Well its still on track, PostNL (Netherlands post) takes 14-16 days to deliver.. Unless there's a delay, and from what I can see, your item should be sent to the country of destination by Monday/Tuesday, by Friday its would reach Nigeria, then by next Monday it be delivered to you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Paxziano:

Pls what is post nl sorting center? And where did u purchase from? Geekbuying or aliexpress? Cos if it's from aliexpress, ur still on a long tin o! Just begin count 30 - 60 days. Even wen they sent me my DHL trackin number, it took 3 days before DHL actually received the item from them
Bros.. Sorting center is where ur Package reaches before it is shipped to the final destination..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
GrandMufti:

Apparently there is a rom available.

http://en.miui.com/thread-406708-1-1.html

Thanks man, i hope i don't have to unlock bootloader to install the rom

GrandMufti:

It's really shocking to say the least. Why advertise and sell a phone without official rom? Who even does that? Let's see how far they can get with these negative business models they keep adopting .

They are just going from quality to quantity.
they would learn when they start losing customers especially with the number of Chinese manufacturers coming up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Baroba:

You ordered from geekbuying right? if you didn't pay for expedited shipping then its still within the scheduled delivery time to be honest. Which is about a month for free shipping..

A month ke?? U won kill person.. When no be prohibited item u dey ship.. No fear jare, PostNL is reliable.. I rate them No 1 until recently when my items began to hang.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
GrandMufti:

Chinese phones are meant for "China" only, they are not suppose to leave China.. Unless if the phone has been launched outside China.. People just have to be patient with this Chinese guys.. These ROM are not easy to develop, it takes time and resources.
The Redmi Pro I bought doesn't have a Global ROM yet, but I chose to buy to, so whenever I get it and I see Chinese fonts, I just have to take it like that..
After all even Lenovo does that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheGuy5: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
Great Opportunity For You!-Grab IT Now!!

Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs Book Now Selling @ $24.99(No more $37.99 until January 2017)on Amazon and other marketplaces!!!. Take advantage NOW. Learn and make money supporting the most important device to all humans! Become a communication device engineer!

(Kindle ebook version discontinued due to piracy attempts)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
scarr:

They are just going from quality to quantity.
they would learn when they start losing customers especially with the number of Chinese manufacturers coming up

Calm down...
There is no official store selling their phones in Nigeria..
what they have are partners.. only phone that has official global ROM are available for sale in Nigeria....

Check mi africa website and you will understand this.. they only have few phones there...

Their first aim is to make phone for china...

You're purchasing the Chinese version at your own discretion.. they are not forcing you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.