Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356339 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

that rule has been there since inception.
Please memorize the rest too so you don't cry foul whenever they're applied.

I trust u got my mail sometime ago then. I don't cry fowl, only saying, what is good for tecno, is good for Xiaomi too. Equal right, if not, u will get my mail again. Also, u didn't get the gist of this current ish, signatures were not appearing, i took note like 2 days ago bt after mentioning Seun here, he asked me to edit my signature and voila, it's back and i can see every oda peoples own too. Lately, people has been asking people's contact, that's wat alert me to d missing signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
princetom1:

Developer ROM. Do u need N? Not really, MIUI is what u need,
Meaning there will be N global in a short time from now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
shapman:
Hailings Xiaomites!
edakun, nougat available on redmi 4x?
thanchuss
Will be available in a short while because it's already available in developer rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cosyfaith(f): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
Xup guys. I've been trying to purchase dollars on my Alipay wallet using my access debit Visa card, but it keeps redirecting and says my card is not enrolled for online transactions, and afterwards says it can't generate otp. Guys using access debit visa card, how did you go about it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Cosyfaith:
Xup guys. I've been trying to purchase dollars on my Alipay wallet using my access debit Visa card, but it keeps redirecting and says my card is not enrolled for online transactions, and afterwards says it can't generate otp. Guys using access debit visa card, how did you go about it. Thanks
If you haven't, go to the bank and register the card for online transactions, then also change your ipin after that with their atm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Cosyfaith:

Go to your bank and tell them to activate your card for online shopping and also set up your ipin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
Cosyfaith:

Na long thing be this o, if u don't mind, whatever u need to buy, my boys dey tanda, genuine and legit to help u order at even cheaper price than access bank rate, yes, u heard right, cheaper than acces rate.

cc: noobody, Protein0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dragnet, Seun, make una release moniker tomtos88 o, it was created for different purpose and different mail, even different phone, am not the type that create another account just to post,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
GrandMufti:
Meanwhile there is another method to install any font you so desire. Just search Google for the font name, it must be in .ttf format, then follow this steps:

1. Go to setting > storage > storage setting > themes (change external storage to internal storage )
š

2. Download your custom font file like "xyz.ttf"

3. Open themes and download any font but do not apply.
š

4. Now open explorer and enable show hidden files
š

5. Go to ur custom font file(xyz.ttf) and copy it to folder "INTERNAL STORAGE \ MIUI \ theme \ .data \ content \ fonts"
š

6. Now go to "MIUI \ theme \ .data \ content \ fonts" and you will see two file here.. one is ur custom font like "xyz.ttf" and other is like "a47e00c5-6d86-4dbf-8cbc-2d906fb8eeed.mrc"
š

7. The file "a47e00c5-6d86-4dbf-8cbc-2d906fb8eeed.mrc" is a font file that u downloaded the font from theme . Now I am going to replace this font with my custom font "xyz.ttf".

Select "a47e00c5-6d86-4dbf-8cbc-2d906fb8eeed.mrc"

option rename and copy this "a47e00c5-6d86-4dbf-8cbc-2d906fb8eeed.mrc"

and delete this file and rename ur "xyz.ttf" to "a47e00c5-6d86-4dbf-8cbc-2d906fb8eeed.mrc"
š

8. Now go to theme and apply ur download font.
š

9. After reboot u will see ur font installed in ur device...

Note: I couldn't find storage settings in step 1, but proceeded nevertheless.

I'm currently using san fransisco font, the default font on most ios devices.

Credits:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=535117&highlight=designer%2Baccount&mobile=2

Long journey.. There is a shorter cut to all this wans whey you mention...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dragnet: 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
princetom1:

I trust u got my mail sometime ago then. I don't cry fowl, only saying, what is good for tecno, is good for Xiaomi too. Equal right, if not, u will get my mail again. Also, u didn't get the gist of this current ish, signatures were not appearing, i took note like 2 days ago bt after mentioning Seun here, he asked me to edit my signature and voila, it's back and i can see every oda peoples own too. Lately, people has been asking people's contact, that's wat alert me to d missing signature
There is no bias with respect to tecno, xiaomi or any other brand.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

Then why hasn't our brand hit front page yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

But everyone else here disagree with that and they have prove from time to time,, am i lieing noobody, Protein0, Rookimart, fibonacci2526, Gptech, emaminaj, oribi, GrandMufti, jboixxx, toluwanimi07, et all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
princetom1:

But everyone else here disagree with that and they have prove from time to time,, am i lieing noobody, Protein0, Rookimart, fibonacci2526, Gptech, emaminaj, oribi, GrandMufti, jboixxx, toluwanimi07, et all
You are absolutely correct!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

If there is any criteria for a thread to make front page, I know this thread has already surpassed all, unless there is something we are not getting.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:
dragnet why are you wyning yourself nau...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Gptech:

If there is any criteria for a thread to make front page, I know this thread has already surpassed all, unless there is something we are not getting.

Seconded
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demsid(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
all I know is that if this thread reach page 2000 and did not hit front page. we go start the movement with an hashtag. I never know the name now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
Gptech:

You are absolutely correct!

I've seen 'How to take better selfies with camon CX' on FrontPage.....So what's still keeping this thread from hitting FP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Long journey.. There is a shorter cut to all this wans whey you mention...

Designer account?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steric58(m): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lol my oga @noobody no vex dis babe is so dope, I just have a little problem with the phone I believe dat one no be problem share but I hate am, I want my phone to be locked to 3g only despite the fact I change am to 3g without switching off the phone, the phone change back to 2g please is there any way I can lock the phone to 3g without changing back to 2g, I no like am please my oga in the house Princetom1 Gptech please help but overall I dry enjoy this machine except the above problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
princetom1:

Got your call, bro.
Dragnet, please what are the criteria for hitting the Front-page o. We've called you day and night but no answer. We even requested that you put the thread on FP for hitting 1000pages but you and other MODs turned deaf ear but you do come to read what's going on here every now and then. A tecno/gionee/infinix on page 0 will get a FP honour but nah, not this thread - a thread that shows love to both new and old, a family-like thread. it de you na body o.
Like my oga gptech talk when i called for FP on page 9**: whats the need for the FP sef!
Before you call Jack, antispam bot will gift us ban.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
steric58:
Lol my oga @noobody no vex dis babe is so dope, I just have a little problem with the phone I believe dat one no be problem share but I hate am, I want my phone to be locked to 3g only despite the fact I change am to 3g without switching off the phone, the phone change back to 2g please is there any way I can lock the phone to 3g without changing back to 2g, I no like am please my oga in the house Princetom1 Gptech please help but overall I dry enjoy this machine except the above problem
NOT sure that's possible, yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
dragnet:

We made several requests yet, no front-page for us..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
steric58:

*#*#4636#*#*

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
steric58:

Download mtk Engr mode and put ur network on 3G only

Works on my oneplus one 100%
Never changes to E
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
emaminaj:

dragnet why are you wyning yourself nau...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steric58(m): 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
bobo65:

Never changes to E
tanks browse did one na snapdragon o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
princetom1:

ON POINT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

*#*#4636#*#*
Boss, that's temporary o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dragnet: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
There's nothing special about front-page, keep doing your thing on a low-level.

But I must confess, the tecno guys make more noise than you guys, and they can get really annoying.

The spambot does it's job as it should, if you are not satisfied, mail the mod for an appeal.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
bobo65:

Never changes to E
Not needed here, already hidden in settings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m), coatofwealth(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.