Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9310117 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gptech:

Price go start from $40, seriously grin.
cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
seyema:

Mine Samsung front and back.

When did you buy urs and from which store did you buy it?

Dreami 3 months ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
No comment. As long as Xiaomi keep adopting same business strategies(little or nothing on advert compared to odas) which works on China and India, the price will always be better and sweet enough, Xiaomi sell phones at official rates. In my book, it will be even with aliexpress price or cheaper. Abi dem don increase price for India and China because dem dey open offline shops?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
omoadeleye:

Chai, thanks... Me too dan confirm am as i go charge am for somewhere else.. the phone dey okay, but na only for my room e dey always happen
U mean it happens only in your room? If u charge somewhere else, it doesn't shock u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
Make una join me plsssssss, vegetable is bae (madam no vex say u get rival o, u know u are d first bae) grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
spartacus11:
in dis country's people love whats good, and are willing to pay d price, it's a market where used and brand new items sell like crazy

if u people so much believe in d brand xiaomi, y not import enough stock open a shop and sell, lets see how the business will go

if they is anything Tecno Infinix have, is dat they understand the needs of the Nigeria market that's y dey both hav 45% of market shares on mobile phone

xiaomi should come and compete nor be to dey tier mouth online

until xiaomi enter Nigeria market and succeed, i won't rate them

a device were by if even ur screen guard goes bad na to order for China and order even our local boys don't even sell their accessories

Xiaomi interest lies in the larger markets (China and India),you can't deny that the brand has grown and testing new Waters..
laptops, speakers,tv,etc with time.
Rome was not built in a day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gptech:

Oga fire! Where ur maami? tongue
i never come online my oga no data but i deh see una talks maami where re u oh @princetom1 where maami go
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
toluwanimi07:
i never come online my oga no data but i deh see una talks maami where re u oh @princetom1 where maami go

Ask Gptech where he keep him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orobs93(m): 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
I will be buying my note 4x soon pls I need fast and best delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
princetom1:
U mean it happens only in your room? If u charge somewhere else, it doesn't shock u?

Yeah, it only happens in the socket of my room, now am using other socket in the living room and is okay, i can hold my phone and press...maybe there is some faulty in my room socket, so am going to avoid it like ebola now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
omoadeleye:

Yeah, it only happens in the socket of my room, now am using other socket in the living room and is okay, i can hold my phone and press...maybe there is some faulty in my room socket, so am going to avoid it like ebola now

Change the wall socket in ur room and if u are using extension, change the extention first and try it, if it's same, then, change d one on d wall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
omoadeleye:

Just open d socket and check the earthing... Probably it's not well earthed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 11:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gptech:

Abegi, you dey behave very normal jare cheesy.

Lol
I really don't consider myself normal when it comes to the core female sense of the word.

Most of the time, I live a carefree and very simple, straight forward life.

I am that lady that will have at least Five pairs of heels to attend a function, yet, if I'm allowed, I will just go for my flat sandal.

I was at a function recently at UBA.
As I enter, with my corporate gown and nice moderate heels shoes...
I was feeling fly.
As I siddon for their Amphitheatre, e nuh reach five minutes, I begin miss my flat soles.

Another example...

I know people who have moderate hair that can't go one week with their natural hair, me ehn, I ready carry my own one month, as long as I wash and set every week. Maybe because I have long and full hair.

Not every girl is interested in learning e-commerce or how to code a website or knowing the nitty gritties of mobile technologies.

Not every girl is Esotericgrin

Sometimes I felt somewhat out of place because I find that I am not piqued at most of the things that babes of my generation really love. Now that I'm older...I couldn't imagine a better way to live, honestly.

The main reason I try to look invogue is because of Oga at the top. But even at that sef. Well, practice makes perfect sha. grin grin grin grin

I have very few female friends. In fact, guys are more attracted to me than females. Or should I say I am more attracted to guys than my fellow gals when it comes to close friendships.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
princetom1:
Make una join me plsssssss, vegetable is bae (madam no vex say u get rival o, u know u are d first bae) grin

Errmmmmm
Na you cook this food?

E resemble Google soup tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Baroba:

Poor Logistics, bureaucracy / red tape, poor infrastructure in Nigeria is probably what's keeping the likes of Xiaomi, Meizu and co away from Nigeria..I have to give it to Tecno and co, it ain't easy doing business in this country.. My opinion anyway..

May whoever you worship bless you mercilessly.

This is what I was trying to communicate to my fellow Naira landers from the word GO.

This is why I said that I will take Xiaomi Serious when/if it opens shop in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ochima75:

Just open d socket and check the earthing... Probably it's not well earthed

It is a wall socket and the earthing you are talking about i don't understand it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
princetom1:
MizMyColi, ur keypad na learner o, so, e no sabi my moniker since all these while? Isn't it SwiftKey? madam tomboy, u for don marry... lipsrsealed

Lol
Funny enough, the person I married na refined lipsrsealed

Sometimes, I dey wonder wetin he see o cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
princetom1:

Change the wall socket in ur room and if u are using extension, change the extention first and try it, if it's same, then, change d one on d wall

Thanks, is the wall socket, since I can't do anything about it, I will have to call an electrician...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gptech:
I guess you are looking for attention.
I think av gotten yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mourtayo(m): 12:00am On Jul 09, 2017
Opistorincos:
a month old redmi 4x 2GB variant with full accessories for sale, don't know how much to sell it, all i know is, i need the money to pay for my summer classes, make me an offer I can't refuse
you location and how much are you asking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:02am On Jul 09, 2017
MizMyColi:

Errmmmmm
Na you cook this food?

E resemble Google soup tongue

Ha ha ha, am a home boy o, learned catering and small chops through my sis, then, i was taught by the master chef herself, my mum. You can call me my mum protégé and assistant. Come to think of it, if u are single like me, and Iya basira wanna destroy ur destiny with seasoning and Salt, u go learn by force. Am not indomie guy grin

Modified : not some yeye watery soup guy o, confirm all kinds of soups from the riverine areas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:03am On Jul 09, 2017
omoadeleye:

Thanks, is the wall socket, since I can't do anything about it, I will have to call an electrician...

Hian, don't u have screw driver at home? Even madam MizMyColi knows how to change a wall socket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:05am On Jul 09, 2017
MizMyColi:

Lol
Funny enough, the person I married na refined lipsrsealed

Sometimes, I dey wonder wetin he see o cheesy

E get inner eyes. So, u say u be pako? Na u talk so o tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mourtayo(m): 12:11am On Jul 09, 2017
GrandMufti:

True. But the brands in Nigeria are a rip-off. 1 GB ram phone for about 35k. I bet you, if xiaomi should enter Nigeria, they'll sell those phones less than 20k and still make profit.
it's not the RAM and that's the problem it's the yeye outdated chipset they pack.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mourtayo(m): 12:32am On Jul 09, 2017
Pls I want to know if I can transfer my balance in my Alipocket account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mourtayo(m): 12:41am On Jul 09, 2017
noobody:
Redmi note 4x black with free adapter and tempered glass!! 52,700 right now on aliexpress,PROMO price things,with fast 15days shipping,

Contacts on signature

how about the price for redmi 4X gray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2017
mourtayo:
Pls I want to know if I can transfer my balance in my Alipocket account.

NO shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2017
orobs93:
I will be buying my note 4x soon pls I need fast and best delivery

Contacts on signature!!
Express delivery available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2017
gidieberry:
that is a nice view u blived in n u cn hold on to dt bt kindly lemme chip dz in, nigerian mobile market aint as competitive n sensitive like indian, chinese and us market....xiaomi don capture 2 out of it, bt US market, ani1 well informed will b aware of patent law suits dt will ff ani folks dt try to break into dt market plus if local carriers like at&t and verizon are nt sellin ya phone, u re slightly doomed...jus take a look @ htc u11 n sony xperia z line...
nigerian market z d least to come into xiaomi's mind, jus take a look at dia global market share, where ya beloved brand dey.... xiaomi z an international brand bros, nt a region specific brand like ya tecno n infinix...if u wan dey use ya region brand, kip it up

global market xiaomi is below samsung and iphone.
xiaomi is competitive in 2 major market Indian and China Oppo is d leading brand in market share in China followed by Huawei then Apple before xiaomi

in India Samsung is first followed by xiaomi in second place.

in Africa (While Samsung remains market leader on the continent , Chinese-owned Transsion Holdings which boasts mobile phone brands such as Infinix, Tecno and itel, “outperformed its main competitors” in terms of feature phone shipments in 2016, according to IDC. To hold on to its top spot, Samsung has “reworked” its product portfolio and now offers mobile phone models at competitive prices. That tweak will prove crucial in the coming years as lower-priced Chinese brands look to grow market share, Ramazan Yavuz, an IDC research manager, says).

xiaomi did not compete in india until they went into india market, xiaomi did not compete in Singapore until they went to Singapore market, so xiaomi can not compete in Nigeria Africa largest phone market until they come into Nigeria market

so xiaomi is no where near the likes of tecno in Africa market Do u know why tecno focuses fully on africa market that's their edge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2017
mourtayo:
how about the price for redmi 4X gray.

Black,gold,pink alone.

Except for the note 4x

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 1:21am On Jul 09, 2017
Gptech:
Make I dey here dey watch all our economic analysts grin, so una think say if xiaomi come Nigeria e go dey very expensive like Samsung abi? Una better bring up all d parameters wen una take arrive at that. Also d amount we take dey buy from AliExpress, hope una kw say nr b official price too. Well, I kw say if dem eventually come here, Redmi note 4 mtk can NEVER sell for dsame amount as the Tecno phantom 6 plus with virtually similar hardware, if e red e nr go sell pass 80k, all those claiming say na because of dollar naim make those Tecno and Infinix dey overpriced, make una come explain wetin make their prices dey crash rapidly. As far as I know, as small as this thread b, e don dey already affect the phone market for Nigeria. As an example, check the prices of Xioami phones for jumia, I dey 100% sure say na dis thread crash the prices from previously almost double d amount, and by extension the likes of Tecno and Infinix get to adjust their prices too to avoid suffocation. Anyway, why una think say Infinix Note 4 cost below 60k? Nr b clear eyes.
in 2016 the most search Android phone in nigeria is infinix note 3

how come ur xiaomi which u claim is crashing price is not even in top 10.

https://trends.google.com/trends/yis/2016/NG/?hl=en-GB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 3:02am On Jul 09, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.