Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355368 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
superemmy:
Please guys I want to order for xiaomi mi max 2 on aliexpress it says $256 ± 8.05shipping cost. Please at what rate would it be charged to my gtb naira MasterCard ? Help a brother?

380. But I can help you with shipping at a rate lower than 375.

If interested, chat me up on whatsapp 080.693.76.956
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itycyril: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Protein0 please are you here?
I just reactivated my moniker because of you.
It seems i'll be lossing yet another phone within a week.
Although I don't want to conclude yet because someone picked after a while and requested I call him in the morning to claim the phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
itycyril:
Although I don't want to conclude yet because someone picked after a while and requested I call him in the morning to claim the phone.

na wah... sorry bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:33am On Jul 14, 2017
itycyril:
cry cry
No wonder!
I've called d hell outta ur number. Since some minutes past 5pm yesterday, just ringing out
I pray he fufils his promise to return it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 6:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Please help me ooh, how can I reduce data usage over WiFi on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime? Wake up now and saw 638mb gone overnight. I installed Opera Max but seems to be useless.
Grandmufti
Gptech
Noobody
Protein0

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:
Please help me ooh, how can I reduce data usage over WiFi on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime? Wake up now and saw 638mb gone overnight. I installed Opera Max but seems to be useless.
Grandmufti
Gptech
Noobody
Protein0
You might probably be using file sharing apps like 'Xender'
I might be wrong sha. Another thing is sharing hotspot, maybe your people they sneak use your hotspot.
At the end of it all, you might actually be the one consuming alot of data.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:
Grandmufti
Gptech
Noobody
Protein0

Go to settings * Data usage settings to see what apps are consuming data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:
Grandmufti
Gptech
Noobody
Protein0
Of course, when you send files through xender it shows as data used over WiFi, if this is not the case, change the password of your hotspot and also your screen unlock pattern, James Bond dey around you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2017
Mi max 2 users split screen don land for una oh
@gptech @grandmufti @princetom1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eanestca(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2017
Gptech:

Seriously, those 5 inch Xioami phones look very tempting, great device indeed. For your yahoo mail, are you trying to set it up on the phone's stock email app or Yahoo app? If it's the phone app, ensure your have a MI account first.

finally set up the yahoo mail.

I must confess the phone is nice,
did a couple of test on the phone, I opened 10 applications at same time(games, camera, music etc)
weight is very light
yet no lagging, battery resistance was stable, no over heating( although am not heavy game type)

However one issue I noticed was that some android apps where giving error notification after installation and therefore where not working example ttpod(a music player).
if you are not a fan of big size phones then redmi 4x is for you
but if you like big size phones better go for the note versions

please any good recommendation for a nice music player app for redmi 4x will be well appreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2017
toluwanimi07:
Mi max 2 users split screen don land for una oh
@gptech @grandmufti @princetom1

Na mi max i dey use o, not mi max 2.

In another news, someone informed me a few days ago, all her contacts where merged together, as in, she calls Tolu and Paul comes up, she will search for tolani and wen she dial it, Mathew will pop up instead. I made a few suggestion to her, lie if her contacts were saved on her Gmail, she can go ahead and delete her contacts and restore it through Google bt that hasn't been successful. To my great surprise this morning, was on phone with my cousin, before d call went off, i tried to dial back and different contacts were showing on dial call each time i dial (wtf). I checked d contact and saw 2 different phone number, i choose d 1 I wanna call and yet, same issue. Anyone here having that issue? Please note that it's not on same phone bt same rom and different Android version, me, am on Android 7, while d oda person is on Android 6, both miui is on 8.5.1.0

cc: Rookidmart, toluwanimi07, Protein0, emaminaj, noobody, ubev01, Godvilla and odas
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by israel2563(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2017
eanestca:

did a couple of test on the phone, I opened 10 applications at same time(games, camera, music etc)
weight is very light
yet no lagging, battery resistance was stable, no over heating( although am not heavy game type)

However one issue I noticed was that some android apps where giving error notification after installation and therefore where not working example ttpod(a music player).

please any good recommendation for a nice music player app for redmi 4x will be well appreciated
Poweramp......you'll need to pay tho, after 1 week trial.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

In another news, someone informed me a few days ago, all her contacts where merged together, as in, she calls Tolu and Paul comes up, she will search for tolani and wen she dial it, Mathew will pop up instead. I made a few suggestion to her, lie if her contacts were saved on her Gmail, she can go ahead and delete her contacts and restore it through Google bt that hasn't been successful. To my great surprise this morning, was on phone with my cousin, before d call went off, i tried to dial back and different contacts were showing on dial call each time i dial (wtf). I checked d contact and saw 2 different phone number, i choose d 1 I wanna call and yet, same issue. Anyone here having that issue? Please note that it's not on same phone bt same rom and different Android version, me, am on Android 7, while d oda person is on Android 6, both miui is on 8.5.1.0

cc: Rookidmart, toluwanimi07, Protein0, emaminaj, noobody, ubev01, Godvilla and odas

A friend experienced this few weeks ago, not with a Xiaomi phone sha but he was on android 7 too.
He had to back up his data, reset d phone, then restored data n he's good now.
I've not been able to figure out wat d ish was sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

cc:
The problem should be from the ROM then.

Either you downgrade, or you backup your contacts, delete them and start over.

MizMyColi, classthread captain, good morning.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Rookidmart

Goodmorning.

I don't feel as good as I ought to feel.
But I have faith that things can only get better.

So Goodmorning to you and Good morning allgrin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by moris01(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2017
ubev01:

Tell that guy wey him umi phone packed off after 2 weeks grin
3 days not 2wks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2017
MizMyColi:

Jomapelle Welcomecoup smiley
lwkmd ...welcomecoup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by moris01(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Even Samsung & Apple suffers from DOA devices....... Umidigi is less than 2 years old, they are a small company and still learning.
I feel for the chap, but we got 2 other people on NL that have the same device, with no major complains or complications.......
Chap kwa,?
Father of 2 don pass chap o

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2017
Good morning house.
Gptech, abeg how is the Developer ROM? what features are there, I'll like to try it out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2017
moris01:

Chap kwa,?
Father of 2 don pass chap o

I am a father of 4, and I would gladly be called a chap....

Old papa no wan old......

NB: Oya wetin make I call u? Old papa or young papa?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2017
nadalion:
Good morning house.
Gptech, abeg how is the global Developer ROM? what features are there, I'll like to try it out.

Why fix what is not broken?

http://en.miui.com/thread-46159-1-1.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Legal or illegal? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by moris01(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Will gladly take young papa grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:47am On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

Na Google u dey use as default contact or Mi account? Use mi account.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2017
Gptech:

Of course, when you send files through xender it shows as data used over WiFi, if this is not the case, change the password of your hotspot and also your screen unlock pattern, James Bond dey around you.
I'm suspecting micloud backup or GooglePicture backup as the culprits, how can I stop these backups ? I didn't use Xender at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dopenigga(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2017
eanestca:

weight is very light

hw is d gaming experience on this phone,any lags?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Jul 14, 2017
Jemerson:

Legal or illegal? grin

Properly legal. Married now for almost 20 years........

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2017
moris01:

Will gladly take young papa grin grin grin

LOL ...... Till your kids start telling you otherwise....... The time is coming .......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2017
nadalion:
Good morning house.
Gptech, abeg how is the global Developer ROM? what features are there, I'll like to try it out.
The main features include you getting updates every Friday like I have this morning , some changes in system settings I can't recall now, you get some added features on photo edit tools, ability to take selfies with either timer or voice, I feel camera is better too, you can record time lapse videos at full HD, you have screen recorder app plus the features are being improved by the day like, you can decide to record your voice or a background music or sound with what your screen records.

Some screenshots below.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:

I'm suspecting micloud backup or GooglePicture backup as the culprits, how can I stop these backups ? I didn't use Xender at all
Oooo, go to gallery, hold left button to access other options, and disable backup.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Properly legal. Married now for almost 20 years........
20 years?! shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eanestca(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Dopenigga:
hw is d gaming experience on this phone,any lags?

none for now, though I don't play heavy games just stuffs like shadow fight etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.