Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,622 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9473734 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 10:50am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:
Please help me ooh, how can I reduce data usage over WiFi on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime? Wake up now and saw 638mb gone overnight. I installed Opera Max but seems to be useless.
Grandmufti
Gptech
Noobody
Protein0

go to your phone settings and click to stop APP SYNCHRONIZATION on your phone..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2017
omoadeleye:

go to your phone settings and click to stop APP SYNCHRONIZATION on your phone..

You won't be able to receive mails/ new notifications from apps like telegram or whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnQueen(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice review bruh. 5" issokay. Patiently waiting for my 4x from Noobody.

eanestca:

finally set up the yahoo mail.

I must confess the phone is nice,
did a couple of test on the phone, I opened 10 applications at same time(games, camera, music etc)
weight is very light
yet no lagging, battery resistance was stable, no over heating( although am not heavy game type)

However one issue I noticed was that some android apps where giving error notification after installation and therefore where not working example ttpod(a music player).
if you are not a fan of big size phones then redmi 4x is for you
but if you like big size phones better go for the note versions

please any good recommendation for a nice music player app for redmi 4x will be well appreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2017
smartty68:

The reasons for merged or duplicated contacts most times could be as a result of saving contacts on phone or sim or could be resynchronized from Google account from previous device the moment you add your Google account on your new device and enable auto-sync.

The best way to evade these issues most times is to;
1. Login Gmail
2. Locate Contact
3. Click on More
4. Click Select & Merge Duplicates
5. Gmail will scan for the duplicate contacts and show you the list. Click on “Merge” and all your duplicate contacts will be merged into one.

NB: If the auto sync option is enabled on your phone, the duplicate contacts will be removed from your device too.

Just my 2cent!

Thanks for the response, we are not talking about duplicate here, we talking about checking ur contacts for 'tom' and wen u dial it, 'jerry' comes up. Looking further, wen i checked d contacts, i will see 2 or different phone number under d same name, seperatung dem too doesn't always solve it, as 3rd contact is created atimes with both name combined bt only 1 of the number.
This normally happens with contacts that has 3 number under it (to know if u have 2 or 3 number under a contact, edit d contact and go to d bottom, u will see 'seperate 3 or 2 numbers' there)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnQueen(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1195#58335980

gagzee:
hi guys please can anyone recommend where i can repair my redmi pro in ikeja axis, my charging port is faulty, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Melkuk: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

Doing more findings. All those on miui global stable 8.5.1 should pls step forward. But it seems its Google that's messing it up, i checked my mi account, it's clean, whatsapp clean, Yahoo clean, sim clean bt d contacts with issues only on Google.

Even if i delete my Google contacts, after restoring, those contacts will still be there bt to be on d safe side, am trying to secure my device from a possible Malware for now

I have experienced this ish on Infinix Hot Note, sometime last year. So, I think it's a Gmail/Google thing. In my case, all the numbers/names were there in the phone book, it was when dialing or sending sms that the mix up showed in names only. But WhatsApp wasn't affected.
I think the issue was corrected with a factory reset, can't remember now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2017
Melkuk:

I have experienced this ish on Infinix Hot Note, sometime last year. So, I think it's a Gmail/Google thing. In my case, all the numbers/names were there in the phone book, it was when dialing or sending sms that the mix up showed in names only. But WhatsApp wasn't affected.
I think the issue was corrected with a factory reset, can't remember now.

Yes, is same issue. Not miui issue for now, as much as i can tell. Google issue instead. Anyway, if u remember, pls, let us know. It's very annoying to dial number and someone else is showing up. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2017
oribi:

if you have a good Repairman that can easily be done...
i dont know any, that's why im asking for recommendations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2017
Dont be a mugu nd a slave to nigerian banks,get ur dollar at way cheaper prices than what they offer,unlimited transaction limit every minute,
We are not limited to 1k $$$$ a month,God forbid

Get ur $$$$ at cheap rates now!!

Express delivery option very much avail as well,

Contacts on signature

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2017
JohnQueen:
Nice review bruh. 5" issokay. Patiently waiting for my 4x from Noobody.

It wud land in no time!! Just close ur eyes and open it,it has landed grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2017
gagzee:
hi guys please can anyone recommend where i can repair my redmi pro in ikeja axis, my charging port is faulty, thanks.
Woow, sorry ooo, I thought they said usb type c lasts longer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2017
eanestca:

oga nobody epp me,

I need a complete bundle with
VR BOX
Wireless Gamepad
VR BOX Remote
Gamepad Smartphone Bracket
USB Light
OTG Cable

that's compatible with my small redmi 4x

Contacts on signature friend!!

Lets put a VR over ur head grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2017
busuyi44:

Yes , I am having similar issue on Mi Max 64Gb version MIUI 8.2.3.0 but yet to find a solution.

Sumone had dis issues with redmi 4a,its a bug,an update shld fix it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2017
smartty68:

Check the like below
https://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=Vr+box+for+xiaomi#/

Contact Noobody when done

Thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2017
Gptech:

Woow, sorry ooo, I thought they said usb type c lasts longer.
thanks bro, though i have used the phone for a year plus now without issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2017
I noticed this from a transaction I did yesterday...

GTbank $1= N373.95

Abi their currency conversion robot do mistake?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=GrandMufti post=58444679]

You won't be able to receive mails/ new notifications from apps like telegram or whatsapp [/quote

then he will have to launch them to check mails and WhatsApp message will still be notifying him]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2017
eleojo23:
I noticed this from a transaction I did yesterday...

GTbank $1= N373.95

Abi their currency conversion robot do mistake?

CBN rates still cheaper grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2017
Turkey post is bae!! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2017
noobody:
Turkey post is bae!! grin
How many days? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2017
noobody:

CBN rates still cheaper grin
Really?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2017
eleojo23:

Really?
Yes oooo, like PostNL used to be.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2017
omoadeleye:

then he will have to launch them to check mails and WhatsApp message will still be notifying him

Not advisable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 11:55am On Jul 14, 2017
gagzee:

cc.repairpalng
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dgunnerz(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Bluetooth Speaker arrived safely via Turkey Post..

Thanks to noobody grin grin grin

Expecting my MI 6 and others next week...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ulrich01(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dgunnerz:
Bluetooth Speaker arrived safely via Turkey Post..

Thanks to noobody grin grin grin

Expecting my MI 6 and others next week...

Please link to this speaker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
itycyril:
Often people find it convenient to complain when their supposed expectations aren't met but would fail to speak up whenever they default. I dare to be different.
Recently I've carefully followed the Xiaomi thread and would seldom miss a day. I appreciate the ambiance.
Protein0, noobody, gptech, Fibonacci, princetom1, emaminaj, mizmycoli, smartty68, rokitmart et al you guys are doing a great job. Your effortlessness made me appreciate the Xiaomi brand and yearned for one.
Recently I lost my phone and immediately contacted Protein0 and the guy did so well at responding to my many (some non essential) questions. Unfortunately I couldn't lay my hands on the phone as wished and was kinda coerced to make way with what was available.
I bliv it was still d best that could have happened.
I hope d guy returns ur "kept" phone as promised
Nice for daring to be different wink
Remain blessed sir cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

Na mi max i dey use o, not mi max 2.

In another news, someone informed me a few days ago, all her contacts where merged together, as in, she calls Tolu and Paul comes up, she will search for tolani and wen she dial it, Mathew will pop up instead. I made a few suggestion to her, lie if her contacts were saved on her Gmail, she can go ahead and delete her contacts and restore it through Google bt that hasn't been successful. To my great surprise this morning, was on phone with my cousin, before d call went off, i tried to dial back and different contacts were showing on dial call each time i dial (wtf). I checked d contact and saw 2 different phone number, i choose d 1 I wanna call and yet, same issue. Anyone here having that issue? Please note that it's not on same phone bt same rom and different Android version, me, am on Android 7, while d oda person is on Android 6, both miui is on 8.5.1.0

cc: Rookidmart, toluwanimi07, Protein0, emaminaj, noobody, ubev01, Godvilla and odas

This one na new one o, but i believe resetting should solve it. My uneducated guess sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
gagzee:

Yes we can change the entire charging board instead of just repairing the port alone (this may lead to recurring problem). Contact us on 08137013426.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
moris01:

3 days not 2wks

My bad sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
Protein0:

A friend experienced this few weeks ago, not with a Xiaomi phone sha but he was on android 7 too.
He had to back up his data, reset d phone, then restored data n he's good now.
I've not been able to figure out wat d ish was sef

Bro, it is not an OS problem, neither is it a brand problem. I have bn able to decode that whatsapp is the one causing the issue. Reason bn that, when we save contact on our phones, whatsapp also creates a duplicate for that contact initially saved, making it 2 (one on your SIM or phone memory, while the other one is on whatsapp) .

I think this should solve it.
Under contact settings, remove whatsapp contactS as contact as contacts to be seen.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zonacus(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.