Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,722 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9488614 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

Don't check it, just pass, don't allow them deceive you with the pics, in real life it's completely different, bad build quality, talking from experience with Ulefone Tiger, plus the user interface is wack, reminds me of 2013.
Na wa o! One would even think you've used the phone in question sef based on your opinion above undecided

Even automobile brands do recall some particular models when a defect is reported. Doesn't mean yet to be released models are automatically bad or will have same issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Donsammi:

lol
u don't like to explore

ur unit maybe defective tho..
the first set got that complain bro

sold my xioami device and used the cash to solve a litt probz
the change i used it to get ulefone tiger
ported MIUI to it

ulefone tiger

Abi o.. My thots ab initio. These brands do deserve to be given the benefit of doubt at least..
Try it, explore it, before you judge it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

For Redmi note 4/4x, it's clearly stated, Snapdragon 625 or Mtk Mediatek Helio x20.
Better still, as far as Redmi note 4/4x is concerned, Snapdragon is octacore while decacore is mtk.
How can one know if adevice is a SD or MTK device without checking out the specs, rather just based on user experience?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joey35: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
Plsss i need hybrid sim adapter,, nano
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
princetom1:

Still better and trust worthy than umudike... They actually fix their bugs when u complain unlike umudike

Umidigi is trying too...... The simple remedy, if device is bug free, avoid OTA updates (only manually flash ROM)......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Youngsage:

How can one know if adevice is a SD or MTK device without checking out the specs, rather just based on user experience?
How can one know if a car is Toyota Rav 4 or Lexus RX300, when his eyes are tied inside, without being told just based on user experience?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Wanna Order your Xiaomi on Amazon?

$500 Amazon gift card with cash receipt available.
Rate - 285.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
Youngsage:

Na wa o! One would even think you've used the phone in question sef based on your opinion above undecided

Even automobile brands do recall some particular models when a defect is reported. Doesn't mean yet to be released models are automatically bad or will have same issues.
I clearly said based on experience with Ulefone Tiger, what do you mean by your statement? undecided. I also have a negative review for the Leagoo M8, even though many people in the thread tend to sing its praise. I have also had an experience with Oukitel the year 2015. What I have come to realise with these experience is, many of their midrange devices have really poor build and screen display; they look and feel disappointing compared to the pictures displayed online, even the old Redmi 2 looks better to be sincere.
Mind you, am expecting an Oukitel U20 plus, will see how that goes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
adamix:
Lol its actually miui 8....i have tried that rom.
Have u eventually updated to miui 9?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

I clearly said based on experience with Ulefone Tiger, what do you mean by your statement? undecided. I also have a negative review for the Leagoo M8, even though many people in the thread tend to sing its praise. I have also had an experience with Oukitel the year 2015. What I have come to realise with these experience is, many of their midrange devices have really poor build and screen display; they look and feel disappointing compared to the pictures displayed online, even the old Redmi 2 looks better to be sincere.
Mind you, am expecting an Oukitel U20 plus, will see how that goes.

Umidigi Z1 Pro's screen is super Amoled, and not disappointing in any way shape or form....... The build quality is also very premium (possibly some exceptions to the rule is applicable).....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

How can one know if a car is Toyota Rav 4 or Lexus RX300, when his eyes are tied inside, without being told just based on user experience?

If it is an automatic version, listen out for the gear change sequence.
The sequence you do not hear, would be the Lexus...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Joey35:
Plsss i need hybrid sim adapter,, nano
I get one lying fallow here in Osun state. Where are you? Let us chat on WhatsApp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
busuyi44:

My experiment hasn't reached Uhans, couldn't say if her phones are OK. I will still prefer Oukitel, Leagoo or Doogee phones to Uhans'

Hmnn... Uhans are serious o. Not like the brands u just mentioned o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Ha ha ha, what u buy...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

LOL, uncle na wa o. You nor dey gree.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
princetom1:

Stop looking for troubles

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
adamix:

Lol its actually miui 8....i have tried that rom.

It's 2 different files entirely, you and GrandMufti should help in identifying the one that updates to miui 9 and not miui8 beta

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
GrandMufti Adamix Gptech

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Umidigi Z1 Pro's screen is super Amoled, and not disappointing in any way shape or form....... The build quality is also very premium (possibly some exceptions to the rule is applicable).....
Hahahahahahahaha, u don start grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

But nah true nah...... The gearbox sequence change in the Lexus, is simply put..... Wizardry......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
princetom1:

Ha ha ha, what u buy...

The Lexus is always bae, apart from the V8 consumption.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

Hahahahahahahaha, u don start grin.

Ok, I would stop talking now......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Exactly! When you use a snapdragon, watch out for a smooth experience with very good battery performance. Also after during heavy use, I mean real heavy use with an Mtk and snapdragon of thesame level, the one that operates smoother without overheat is the snapdragon tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
princetom1:
Hmnn.... MizMyColi, there is a new story i hear now o. Am at the post office and am being told, all packages now attract 200 naira, no matter how small, bigger packages still 500 naira and upward.

Gptech, GrandMufti, Protein0, emaminaj, Dam5reey, jboixxx, iliyande, hopsydboi, Write2obi, noobody, eleojo23, BeardedTraveler, make una confirm from una end o, because they said its general

Just got a parcel yesterday...the postman dropped it and left.....no dime oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuriousX: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
Pls which store is best to order from considering how fast they ship out? considering eternal store or xiaomi online store. i want to get redmi 4a 2/32gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joered63: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
Please mi max 2 users I need review on this new update before I download.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
Joered63:
Please mi max 2 users I need review on this new update before I download.

The update is not battery friendly bro
I don't advice cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
princetom1:

I'm talking from experience. I have used LEAGOO Ń OUKITEL FOR LIKE A YEAR N no disappointment or issues. I bought Doogee Homtom ht3 for my bro last year May, he's still using.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joered63: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
iliyande:

The update is not battery friendly bro
I don't advice cheesy

Thanks, God bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Cassie74:

Just got a parcel yesterday...the postman dropped it and left.....no dime oo

You guys that post man visit, na waa o. Wish lagos is like that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

lol but that one is different na, his eyes are tied grin grin
ok, what i was trying to say is, assuming you are given two different phones, an SD and MTK, from just your operating of the phones and running different apps, can you know or guess perhaps, which one of them is SD/MTK??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.