Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,722 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9488614 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lallana11: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
wheezyoung:
swap with iPhone 5s?
nope
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lallana11: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nochious123:

can u swap with my redmi4a and cash, just two weeks old
nope
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunnypresh11: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
noobody:

grin grin

I wud av for sale soon sha,epp me write good review,mk den know say nor be beans,10 pieces landing hot,rock zicron!!

Oga noobody I need 1pcs sharply ..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adexeli(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
honsule:

my other item despatched 11th Sept, no update
it's so frustrating, I don't even know who to blame Singapore post or Nipost undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
GrandMufti:

It's about the same price for redmi 4x 3/32GB. But the redmi 4x has better battery and power efficient chip.
jumia is selling it 41k xo can dat amount gt the redmi 4x 32gb?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adexeli(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
steric58:
we are on the same both
Hopefully this week the packages will arrive, have you checked PO?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gptech:

Don't check it, just pass, don't allow them deceive you with the pics, in real life it's completely different, bad build quality, talking from experience with Ulefone Tiger, plus the user interface is wack, reminds me of 2013.
hm wel i advised him to get to redmi note 4x , bt he said he doesnt hav dat amount
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Donsammi:
lol u don't like to explore
ur unit maybe defective tho.. the first set got that complain bro
sold my xioami device and used the cash to solve a litt probz the change i used it to get ulefone tiger ported MIUI to it

ulefone tiger
how is the phone, asin ulefone gemini, and how did u port to miui?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
sunnypresh11:

You have both memt x5 & rock .. Which is more balanced and quality.. How many weeks to 9ja shipping

I prefer MEMT X5, expect it to get to Nigeria within 2 to 3 weeks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2017
adexeli:
it's so frustrating, I don't even know who to blame Singapore post or Nipost undecided

I just check NIPOST TRACKING SITE, MY Tempered glass has arrived Lagos as at Yesterday cool cool cool

Good news for me ooooooooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by v4vendetta: 12:39am On Sep 27, 2017
good evening sirs and ma'ams,Mr & Mrs and gentle men and ladies here,I've been reading and following up comments from this thread and from what I've seen so far is like we are in another planet far from the 9 planets more like the 10th planet created by you guys...you guys are awesome wink wink
#
i don't understand this xiaomi redmi note 4 series,I hope you guys won't get offended.
#
what's the difference between
*xiaomi redmi note 4
*xiaomi redmi note 4X
*xiaomi redmi note 4 stable rom
*xiaomi redmi note 4 global rom
*xiaomi redmi note 4 chinese rom
#
the ones with different rom names are they the same or dose their rom names stipulate that they have different features...perhaps what's on note 4 stable isn't available on note 4 global?? Or are those rom names just nicknames linked to the same operating system (v6 or v7 because I don't know the particular os they are on).
#
and lastly their packaging...I see some note 4x carton box with Chinese writing on it like "€¢£ note 4x" with the follow-come manual in Chinese writing too while other carton box they will write "global redmi note 4x" and all the writings will be in english,are there any difference between those two??
#
These are the only two major issues am having with the phone thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steric58(m): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2017
adexeli:
Hopefully this week the packages will arrive, have you checked PO?
yes bro no show
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by REDDEVILS1(m): 1:40am On Sep 27, 2017
Can I get a guide on how to flash stock rom on my mi6

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:56am On Sep 27, 2017
fantilopezzy:
jumia is selling it 41k xo can dat amount gt the redmi 4x 32gb?

Cc

Protein0
Noobody
Emaminaj
Holuwaxheun
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:58am On Sep 27, 2017
uddeze:
I've been trying the registration so that they can send the code to the registered phone number but the message never comes. I dunno what to do i really need help

Was the registration successful?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:00am On Sep 27, 2017
Teedeechian:

Can I download this one u posted and flash it through fastboot instead of downloading the mido_global that weights upto 2.1gb?
NB Am porting from global stable to global developer.

Use this.... It's for September 15th.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=845586&extra=page%3D4&page=1&mobile=2

Download the fastboot file.

Or wait till this Friday to download a newer rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by psp2pc(m): 2:33am On Sep 27, 2017
israel2563:
Unlock bootloader and flash TWRP via fastboot
done that. ain't working. do u have workaround
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2017
been off for a while, but need clarification on an issue. i collectted an item on thursday..n when i tested it..it wasnt ok..i contacted seller n she requested for pics, wch i sent. she agreed tht the item is not ok and asked if she would send another unit...wch i rejected as there is no guarantee, the 2nd unit would be ok
to cut the story short i want to know if i should open a dispute while discussions are ongoing ,just to b on the safe side.....cos i think i should, before i loose the capability.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lallana11: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2017
neat mi max still available for 55k,,,,,,,, for more negotiation hit my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2017
earthrealm:
been off for a while, but need clarification on an issue. i collectted an item on thursday..n when i tested it..it wasnt ok..i contacted seller n she requested for pics, wch i sent. she agreed tht the item is not ok and asked if she would send another unit...wch i rejected as there is no guarantee, the 2nd unit would be ok
to cut the story short i want to know if i should open a dispute while discussions are ongoing ,just to b on the safe side.....cos i think i should, before i loose the capability.
Welcome back
Go ahead open dispute just to be on safe side while still on negotiations with the seller!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2017
I got a refund yesterday for an AliExpress order dt failed to arrive despite waited for 90 days. Uba refunded me at rate of N359.6/$. Dollar is becoming cheaper.
I bought my Mi Max Prime when dollars was over N400 February this year.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 7:39am On Sep 27, 2017
rookidmart:

Welcome to the Xiaomi thread. (Pronounced Shao-mi eg, Shao-mi the money tongue)

Prerequisites:
-A GTB, FCMB, Access Bank, or UBA account enabled for internet banking.
Access Bank charges ₦375/$ with a monthly limit of $200
GTB charges between ₦375-₦400/$ with a monthly limit of $1,000
Fidelity Bank charges ₦380/$
Ecobank charges ₦380-390/$ with a monthly limit of $300
UBA charges ₦375-₦400/$
FCMB charges between ₦380-400/$

Sterling Bank also works, with $1,000 monthly limit

Note that the monthly limit is every calendar month, meaning that you can use your $100 on the ending of one month and by the next day you can use the monthly limit for the next month.
For example, you can use your March limit on the 31st of March and by 1st April you get to use your allotment for April without waiting for 31st April.

Prerequisites:
-An AliExpress account
-Aliexpress app on your phone (new members get coupons)
Activating Your Card For Internet Transactions
Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

For MasterCard eg GTB's MasterCard, you'll have to go to the branch and fill a form to enable internet banking.t

Funding AliExpress Pocket
Download the app, create an account.
On the My Account tab on the app you'll see My AliExpress Pocket, click on it and fund your AliExpress Pocket with about $100 (if $100 doesn't work at once then select it in multiples eg $20 * 5 or $50 * 2)
Search for the device you want to buy select buy now, you'll see an option to use your AliExpress Pocket, tick it.
Then use your other ATM to complete the transaction.

Locating Postal Codes
For an item to be shipped to you you need to input your shipping address.
That includes real name that will be written on the package (the post office will require an ID card of the person whose name is written), phone number, home/office address, depending on where is convenient, LGA, and postal code.
To get your postal code Google "(Your LGA) postal a code" eg "Surulere postal code"
You can also check this site for a list of postal codes:
http://nigeriazipcodes.com/

FYI you can have more than one shipping address, in case you want to purchase an item for someone in another state.

Identifying genuine sellers
Every item posed has its own rating.
The store selling also has rating/feedback.
So you're looking for item rating of 4.5 stars and above, with a seller rating of at least 93%.
Read reviews of the item you wish to purchase.
There is also a Q&A section for you to ask questions from people that have bought the device.
Whenever in doubt, message the seller for clarification on an item.

Aliexpress has a buyer protection programme, usually 60 days from when an item is shipped.
Within that window you can open a dispute if youre not satisfied with your item, provide evidence, and your money would be refunded.

Sometimes you may need to return the item to the seller before your refund is processed.

You can message seller to increase buyer protection period.

So when you get your item it is advised that you do not confirm order received unless you're satisfied with the goods.

Wish list and Cart
"Wish list is a list of desired things.... There is no commitment of any sort.
Wish list for price monitoring instead of looking for the item all the time, Also if item is out of stock you can easily see on wish list.
A shopping cart is the same as a shopping trolley used at the mall,
You can decide to pay or not pay for all item in the cart.
Wish list or Cart only make your shopping experience better, Both do not affect Price"

If you want to lock in the price of an item then initiate payment for it, and it will remain at that price even though the price of the item increases later.
Note that buying an item is a sort of contract and you're required to pay for the item within a particular time frame (3days - 20 days) or else the order will be cancelled.

About Appeals:
You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.

Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.

After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

Item is pre-advised
If you ship via NL Post when tracking the first stage is "item is pre-advised" and it can stay that way for up to 2 weeks, you contact NL Post and they say they haven't got your item.
Do not panic, you most likely haven't been scammed or given a fake tracking number.
What pre-advised means is that the seller has contacted Netherlands Post and have advised them that a parcel is coming their way, that they should expect to receive it. The parcel will then be processed by their sorting centre, pass the checks and then finally be dispatched to the destination country.
Your package will go from China to the Netherlands first before it is ultimately shipped to Nigeria.
Even though the pre-advised stage can be long and frustrating, it doesn't usually last for more than 15 days and when it does get to the Netherlands the shipping is quicker and your item should reach you by the next week!

About Collection:
The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.
Happy buying!

Xiaomi phones tip
Because Xiaomi doesn't have an offline presence in Nigeria, parts may be hard to come by.
If you're buying a Xiaomi device --or any little known android device -- from AliExpress you're advised to purchase also :. a tempered screen protector to protect your screen;
an extra screen so if your screen breaks it can readily be replaced, also if your screen breaks years from now getting the parts on AliExpress would be hard as sellers might not stock the item in favour of newer devices.
-an extra battery, if you so desire.

NB: Be careful if you want to ship via DHL. You may be required to pay extra fees bribe to receive your item.
See this thread for details:
https://www.nairaland.com/3787162/item-stucked-dhl

IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU GET YOUR XIAOMI PHONE, PLEASE ENABLE MI CLOUD LOCK, SIMILAR TO APPLE'S ICLOUD LOCK.
WITH IT ENABLED IF YOUR PHONE IS STOLEN IT WILL BE USELESS IN THE THIEF'S HANDS

If you have any other questions you can ask here.

Great summary for newbies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:42am On Sep 27, 2017
earthrealm:
Wait till you're sure you won't get what you believed you deserve from.her before opening a dispute. That shouldn't take more than 3days and if she isn't forthcoming, open a dispute and give them evidence(s).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by psp2pc(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2017
israel2563:

Unlock bootloader and flash TWRP via fastboot

my bootloader is unlocked but flashing the twrp is the problem, tried different versions and options.. can't get it to work.
have you any walk-through by which I can get it done?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2017
psp2pc:

my bootloader is unlocked but flashing the twrp is the problem, tried different versions and options.. can't get it to work.
have you any walk-through by which I can get it done?

Try another pc or twrp version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2017
Used Official Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro prime special Edition Smartphone 5.5 Inch 3GB 32GB 16.0MP& B4 B20 B28 LT

Gold colour available for sale....

Contact on my signature

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Who knows the dual WhatsApp application which will allow you update status. I can't do that on parallel space.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by psp2pc(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

Try another pc or twrp version

do you use xiaomi or rooted yours?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

It's about the same price for redmi 4x 3/32GB. But the redmi 4x has better battery and power efficient chip.

how much can I get this redmi 4x with 3/32gb ROM? I need it now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

how much can I get this redmi 4x with 3/32gb ROM? I need it now. u can call or WhatsApp me on 07082167989.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2017
DSTV decoder for sale!
DSTV decoder for sale!
DSTV decoder for sale!
cheesy

BTW, to unlock your stubborn ZTE Modems, contact me! cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2017
smartty68:

Welcome back
Go ahead open dispute just to be on safe side while still on negotiations with the seller!

jboixxx:

Wait till you're sure you won't get what you believed you deserve from.her before opening a dispute. That shouldn't take more than 3days and if she isn't forthcoming, open a dispute and give them evidence(s).

wow 2 contrasting opinions,
wch do i take?..abeg other experienced members abeg chook mouth

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.